Best of Joy - Original Version

I'd give an arm and a leg to listen to the 2008 demo of BoJ, I prefer the feel of The Toy more but BoJ has better vocals, the 2008 demo would be the best of both worlds.

I listened to The Toy again just now and I definitely feel like it is more moving to me than the Neff-U mix. Agreed I really wanna hear the 08 version now, same vibe with the vocals from the remix sounds great.

Someone who has it gives it to someone they know and tells them not to share it, they share it with someone etc etc.
I never understood how Korgnex and every Korgnex are idolized and they are called "traders" and "Collectors" while Lord Jackson is called a thief. Don't get me wrong but both of those parties are thieves. At least Lord shared the stolen material while the other scums are trying to make an upsurd amount of money. 100.000$ for a STOLEN song. The only thing that changes is that Lord stole it from a genuinely nice guy in plain sight while the others do that with more district ways. But I guess a shitty snippet and a poorly mastered Demo is enough to make us fans happy.

How does he get it though? I don't mean who he traded with to get the songs, but how does this stuff make its way out of the Sony vaults and into the hands of traders?
The songs are also acquired through auctions and they get passed around by traders until it gets to the hands of someone who's willing to leak. Nowadays though the songs mainly come from seminar recordings.

Last edited:
I never understood how Korgnex and every Korgnex are idolized and they are called "traders" and "Collectors" while Lord Jackson is called a thief. Don't get me wrong but both of those parties are thieves. At least Lord shared the stolen material while the other scums are trying to make an upsurd amount of money. 100.000$ for a STOLEN song. The only thing that changes is that Lord stole it from a genuinely nice guy in plain sight while the others do that with more district ways. But I guess a shitty snippet and a poorly mastered Demo is enough to make us fans happy.
Mostly because some of them didn't physically take property. But I have no love for the traders. They're the reason we're in this mess tbh.

🤗

The drum machine is present in the 2008 demo as well so it's probably more accurate this way lol
Oh, ok. That makes it better then. I said it before listening and it sounded okay also. I don't really mind it in the toy either, it's just clearly 30 years newer or so.

So far from Michael's final years, we have heard Best of Joy & Hold My Hand. Michael sounds incredible in both of those songs, but I would like to hear a more uptempo song from those final years. I want to see how Michael sounds singing a fast song in his final years.

P.S. I know that WBSS is an uptempo song, but Michael only re-recorded a small portion of the song for Thriller 25.
The high belting range was mostly gone by the end as far as I can tell. Health issues may have played a role in this, medications also.

I generally like Michael's old vocals way more and his style less forced. 'The Toy' is just a demo and I think MJ loved it so much because he knew a final version would sound amazing; without the drum machine and with harmonies and instrumentation. So 'The Toy' would beat 'Best of Joy' imho

I generally like Michael's old vocals way more and his style less forced. 'The Toy' is just a demo and I think MJ loved it so much because he knew a final version would sound amazing; without the drum machine and with harmonies and instrumentation. So 'The Toy' would beat 'Best of Joy' imho
Something about the Toy does feel very etheral and "sacred", versus Best of Joy. It is on the production but also the beauty of his voice in the 80s. Like imagine him singing something like "Someone Put Your Hand Out" back then.

I wonder if the 2008 demo sounds somewhat similar to Ne-Yo's Because Of You, the vibe of the song sounds really similar to The Toy, it's like a modern version of it.

I don't hear the resemblance to The Toy.
The instruments are similar; the violin, the piano, the drum loop. Which is why I say it's like a modernized version of The Toy. I wonder if at least the drums on the 2008 demo are somewhat similar to the ones on Because Of You, the drums on The Toy don't match the vocals on BoJ so it probably isn't the same.

Last edited:
Back