Book: Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days / Review @pg8

That's so beautiful, Petra. :boohoo: :flowers: Thanks for sending them there. :heart:

Those are absolutely beautiful Petra. I've been wondering who has been doing that. I saw a picture of other gorgeous sprays at Valentines Day and Easter. just lovely. It really made me tear up
I'm grateful for the bodyguards book because it just confirmed everything I always imagined Michael to be back to the young days when he talked about having 10 kids of his own.

that's so nice. Can we post, share, tweet this?

Yes. YOu don't need to ask me for permission for something like that. Did you see the Xscape one; it is one of my favorites.

Yes. YOu don't need to ask me for permission for something like that. Did you see the Xscape one; it is one of my favorites.
I did. THAT'S the one I was thinking of that I saw recently-that was just so cool. A perfect celebration for the new album!!

where;s the Xscape one?

I posted it in the Xscape thread around release day--some time around the 13th. I sent it to michael on the day the album was released in the UK. Here it is:

006_zpsc1f4d483.jpg

005_zpsebac2ec0.jpg

I could see the card this time-"Congratulations"-truly perfect.
I'm just curious, Petra-do they leave it outside the door for a bit and then take it inside-I read a long time ago that they do remove the flowers, cards, and pictures inside every one to two days to make room for new ones, but didn't know about something like this. Maybe they leave it outside for the day so fans can enjoy it too?
It's really lovely.

Hey i had heard that michael amir also talk about mj's last girlfriend ...

I could see the card this time-"Congratulations"-truly perfect.
I'm just curious, Petra-do they leave it outside the door for a bit and then take it inside-I read a long time ago that they do remove the flowers, cards, and pictures inside every one to two days to make room for new ones, but didn't know about something like this. Maybe they leave it outside for the day so fans can enjoy it too?
It's really lovely.

What happens is that I request a photo (you get 2), so they put the arrangement outside in front of the Terrace to take the photo. They can't do it inside because we are not allowed to see the inside of the Mausoleum, so they take the photo outside the Terrace where Micheal is. After the photo, the flowers are brought inside where Michael rests. Since I ordered them from the flower shop for Michael, they can't leave it outside for fans to enjoy. I was told that since the flowers are in the mausoleum, they last longer because it is cool in there, so they would have them there over a week. When they start to wilt they are removed.

The cards and flowers you are talking about are those that fans leave at the door for Michael. I don't know much about what they do with those. I know in the beginning they used to take as many as they can inside, but now I don't know what the procedure is. I heard years after his burial that they were not allowing any flowers that were not bought from the Flower shop inside, but I don't know if that is the case.

By the way why isn't Amir part of this book? Was he asked and declined? I can't remember if we discussed this earlier.

I can see there's a lot of divided opinions on this book and I guess I can see why.
Personally I've never bought a single one of these books all these people have released after Michael's death because it has always seemed wrong to me. But there's something about this book that speaks to me. I could be wrong of course but from the small bits I've read here and there it seems to be candid and genuine which is not a feeling I've gotten about all the other books that have been released, not even Jermaine and LaToya's.
Long story short; I've ordered the book and it should arrive any day now. I hope I won't regret having given my money to these bodyguards later on but I went with my gut on this one.

^^Yeah it seems when you hear snippets from the book, it tugs at your heart. It is always good to reevaluate your decisions when you get new information.

I can see there's a lot of divided opinions on this book and I guess I can see why.
Personally I've never bought a single one of these books all these people have released after Michael's death because it has always seemed wrong to me. But there's something about this book that speaks to me. I could be wrong of course but from the small bits I've read here and there it seems to be candid and genuine which is not a feeling I've gotten about all the other books that have been released, not even Jermaine and LaToya's.
Long story short; I've ordered the book and it should arrive any day now. I hope I won't regret having given my money to these bodyguards later on but I went with my gut on this one.

Truedat, LOL (bolded part)!! I refuse to partake in such foolishness because of how I've ALWAYS viewed celebrity since I was a kid: they're human just like I am and I didn't gain an all-access pass to their lives solely based on me buying their concert tickets, albums, t-shirts, movie tickets or game tickets/sports jerseys. When the game/movie/concert was over, I went home, because I got what I paid for.

I don't need to know EVERYTHING about Michael Jackson, Pavel Datsyuk or Wesley Snipes, nor do I WANT TO. I'm the type of fan that never hung out at the hotels, never chased the limos, never been to my favorite celebs' homes and hung out at their gates, nor have I ever stalked them when they were going about living their lives. I have attended official public appearances for some of my favorite music, film and sports stars, but that's as far as I'm interested in taking it, because I RESPECT that they have ownership of their lives, of their privacy. They don't lose that just because they're famous.

I'm cool with what Mike, etc. CHOSE to share with the public. Anything beyond that is none of our business.

Thanks. Stories like this would have been better left untold. It's exactly stories like this which give the press ammunition for negativity. So far luckily they did not really seem to have picked up on it, but imagine the headlines "MJ and OJ were friends". It was not too wise from the BGs to include this.
OJ already told that he knew Michael though. It was put out there a long time ago that OJ's kids stayed at Neverland after OJ was arrested for the murders.

I think you're getting parties mixed up, the one at Neverland in Dec '03, many fans were invited to, not many celebrities were there. There was no party held on Michael's behalf after the verdict. There were many fan parties, including one by MJJF in Vegas which many members attended.

I'm not saying the BG's are lying about it, all I'm saying is it's inaccurate. But they have lied about things that I see no reason to, such as previously claiming MJ was good friends with Steve Jobs and Steve gave MJ a few free iPhones before they were released, now in the book they give a completely different story. Which version if any is true? I believe a majority of their stories probably are true, I haven't red the book yet tho, but take what you read from them with a grain of salt.
No I'm not getting parties mixed up. The party in 03 after he was arrested was a big deal and there was a bunch of celebrities there. It was right before he did the 60 minutes interview. There were long threads about it on the old MJJF. Many fans attended but there were celebrities there. The party after the acquittal is the one I'm talking about. It was billed as a celebration but of course Michael didn't show and that's the one where no famous people attended, just fans and a few Jacksons and a few jurors. it sounds like Grace was giving them inaccurate info. There was no party at Neverland AFTER the acquittal. The most celebrity support he got was that big party after his arrest in 03 and they did come to that party.

Michael, apparently, banned LaToya Jackson back in the early 1990's, because of her "Playboy" spread and her tell all book. Yep...Michael has kept his different extended family member's at bay when he felt it necessary.

I have to laugh at what the bodyguard's revealed in their latest Interview, when speaking about how Michael was expected to dance from beginning to end, at the 02 Arena, the 50 Show's and the Osmonds could just sit on bar stools. He is not wrong on that one, because Donny and Marie do sit on bar stools during their Vegas act. Michael kept up that competitive edge with the Osmonds to the end!

donnyandmarie-flamingo3.jpg

Finally read the whole book. I don't know what I should feel about this book from the beginning because it feel not right that bodyguards writing a book about clients. However, I read it anyway because I wants to know everything about MJ. After reading it I still don't know whether I should support this book or not.

Anyway, this book made me cry so many time. There are sweet memories about MJ and his kids but for many parts, the whole book just make me really sad. I felt so sad that I can't even think straight to write a review.

This thread is piled up and I just read the beginning and the last few pages. Can someone tell me what happened to the third bodyguard? I remembered his name is Mike. How come he totally disappear in the book and not being mentioned at all. I know he dropped out. However, he is totally not in the scene made me felt really weird.

Missred ^^That's interesting. Do you mean if there is a scene with the 3 of them, the bodyguards only mention the 2 of them who wrote the book?

Finally read the whole book. I don't know what I should feel about this book from the beginning because it feel not right that bodyguards writing a book about clients. However, I read it anyway because I wants to know everything about MJ. After reading it I still don't know whether I should support this book or not.

Anyway, this book made me cry so many time. There are sweet memories about MJ and his kids but for many parts, the whole book just make me really sad. I felt so sad that I can't even think straight to write a review.

This thread is piled up and I just read the beginning and the last few pages. Can someone tell me what happened to the third bodyguard? I remembered his name is Mike. How come he totally disappear in the book and not being mentioned at all. I know he dropped out. However, he is totally not in the scene made me felt really weird.

Mike Garcia was the 3rd bodyguard and yes, from what I have read and understand, he dropped out for moral reasons; he felt it wouldn't be right to be part of this project. Maybe there's more to it than that, but that's just what I've come to understand.

^Didn't he have those same moral issues when they were shopping for a publisher? I wonder why the moral issues kicked in later.

Finally read the whole book. I don't know what I should feel about this book from the beginning because it feel not right that bodyguards writing a book about clients.

This is precisely why i find it disturbing that everyone and their dogs want to write a book about MJ. What ever happened to confidentiality agreements? Do they expire when the client dies? Even if they did, it's just wrong. not everything is meant for public consumption.

However, I read it anyway because I wants to know everything about MJ.

But you don't have to. This is precisely why MJ has no privacy even in death. The crave to know about him even at the cost of his privacy is just wrong, at least that's my opinion.

I should support this book or not.

The book is an obvious attempt to cash in on a dead pop star.

I'm not touching that book at all out of respect to MJ. He deserves some privacy and I will do all i can to honour that.

Missred ^^That's interesting. Do you mean if there is a scene with the 3 of them, the bodyguards only mention the 2 of them who wrote the book?

I mean Mike worked for MJ right? Did they even mention Mike in the book? or I missed something? I am asking because the way they went to the ABC interview felt like they basically worked together at those LV, virginia, NJ period of time. However, in the book, it make people felt like only 2 people mainly worked for MJ. How come Mike just disappear? Initially, I thought MIke is the one who made the OJ comment and got fired (I am bad remembering last name). Then, I find out the Mike in the book is another guy. Then, where is Mike Garcia during those time of period? It felt like he just vanish. I know he dropped out this project but how come they didn't even mention him if they all work together so closely to protect MJ during that time?

This is precisely why i find it disturbing that everyone and their dogs want to write a book about MJ. What ever happened to confidentiality agreements? Do they expire when the client dies? Even if they did, it's just wrong. not everything is meant for public consumption.

According to Bill & Javon, there was no confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement. They signed nothing that would have prevented them from sharing what they would witness. If such paperwork existed for them, I don't think they would have written this book, or somebody would have taken them to court already.

@Missred: I do not have the official answer as to why Mike Garcia was not even mentioned in the book, however my logic tells me that he was never mentioned because he did not want to have anything to do with the book. Not just in terms of writing it or sharing his experiences, but even just mentioning his name. And of course, Bill, Javon & Tanner cannot put Mike Garcia in the book if he [Mike] explicitly says to leave him out of it. Were they to use him, they could find themselves in some seriously hot water.

Again, I do not know if that is the truth or not, but it is, in my mind, the most logical scenario. Maybe somebody else knows more than I do? You can always ask him yourself, too. I'm pretty sure he's on Twitter.

In spite of NDAs, bodyguards have a code of ethics similar to a medical professional. A true bodyguard would not reveal confidential matters of the client. Fortunately for Michael, he did have several true bodyguards. These authors are not two of them.

I am quite happy with how the book is faring.

But you don't have to. This is precisely why MJ has no privacy even in death. The crave to know about him even at the cost of his privacy is just wrong, at least that's my opinion.

The book is an obvious attempt to cash in on a dead pop star.

I'm not touching that book at all out of respect to MJ. He deserves some privacy and I will do all i can to honour that.

Yes, yes, a billion times, YES!! :bow: :victory:

BravoChrisTucker5thelement_zpsd58927fc.gif

In spite of NDAs, bodyguards have a code of ethics similar to a medical professional.

I absolutely agree, and regardless of profession, I think just morally one should not disclose anything about another individual without that individual's permission. I am not defending them in any way, I am simply repeating what they have said in interviews and they said there were no NDAs. Personally, while I appreciate that they put out an honest, positive book, I am on still on the fence- I see both sides of the argument and both sides have valid points.

The fans who are against this book, is it just this book in particular or is it all books written on Michael that you're against?

Like I mentioned earlier I haven't bought any of the books (aside from this one) released on Michael after his death as I felt it was wrong for them to be released in the first place, I didn't particularly care for any of the authors of the books either. I don't get that feeling with this book though which is why I bought it.
My copy arrived earlier today so I'm gonna start reading it now.

It all depends who you ask. Everyone has different reasons for supporting/not supporting the book. And there really is no right or wrong answer. All you can do is read the book and form your own opinion. If you like and you support, great! If you don't like and think it was a waste of money, great! lol That's your opinion and yours alone, don't let others try to convince you that you should feel differently.

Not trying to have others convince me, I'm just curious :)

I stand by my decision to buy this book. If I somehow end up regretting having bought it later on then I'll stand by that also.

Back