Hot topic Brad Sundberg Seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

Was Monkey Business ever played at a Seminar

It was actually played at the most recent seminar in London. There was some footage of them holding a hula party in the studio while some loops of the song were playing.

This is the video that they played?
I’d give anything to have a mix down of this version. The groove is absolutely mental.

“Monkey Business” definitely doesn’t fit on Dangerous, but I wish it could’ve at least been a one-off single. It’s one of the most interesting tunes MJ ever made, with some extraordinary production. I’d have loved to hear a full Bill Bottrell/MJ album.

Hearing it here, it makes clear why it made sense to adapt to the new eras of the 90s, away from Quincy.

Woah love this mix of monkey business too.

Moneky Business doesn't fit on any album, it sits in the same category as "superfly sister" as a more modern variety of the off the all era.

I’d give anything to have a mix down of this version. The groove is absolutely mental.

“Monkey Business” definitely doesn’t fit on Dangerous, but I wish it could’ve at least been a one-off single. It’s one of the most interesting tunes MJ ever made, with some extraordinary production. I’d have loved to hear a full Bill Bottrell/MJ album.
Agreed. This version is somehow even better than what we got on The Ultimate Collection. The vocals going “down, down, down” are great. One of the best unreleased songs, I would say.

it could have been easily placed on botdf

I've been thinking about this mix since I watched the video lol. We need it!

Monkey Business doesn't fit in Dangerous album? Hell, no. It fits perfectly! Such a shame Michael decided to keep this song unreleased. It is a banger! It could be a pretty decent single with cool music video. Just imagine Michael shooting video for this song in Neverland, where he could dance with his monkey Bubbles.... That could blow the head off the world... We lost such masterpiece....

I live between Montreal and NYC. Brad is going to Montreal in March but it doesn't seem like there will be any special guest so I will pass. I've already been to 3 seminars.

He is going to NYC in May and says there might be a surprise. So I might attend that one...

Back