Breaking News - The Great Debate (Cascio Controversy Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breaking News - The Great Debate

Breaking News is a disgraceful attempt at ruining a great man's legacy. I think Sony have done it as one final kick in his teeth. "The plot to destroy Michael Jackson"... "Fake Fake Breaking News"... It would be funny if it wasn't so disgusting.*

You then add that to Roger Friedman's claims that he heard the songs in 2006 (he later claims they were written in 2007!?!) and that the Cascios filed the registration for the songs two days after Michael died and you have ONE HELL of a mess.

How did Friedman hear the songs in 2006? Who was his source? Considering there were, apparently, so few people at the studio???

Why didn't the Cascios register the songs while Michael was alive, if everything was legitimate? Why did they wait until he was dead?

Why were the Cascios allowed to extol the virtues of the recordings on Oprah yet Katherine's and the children's comments regarding the album were cut from their interview with Oprah?

Why are some fans so willing to buy, wholesale, the Estate's press release? And point to that as 'proof' while completely disregarding the 'proof' that is abundantly clear in the actual audio?

Why do those fans think that so many long-time fans doubt the vocals? For what benefit? And how does it benefit the Jackson family to doubt the vocals? When they stand to lose financially? If any fan can answer that then I'm all ears.

First we're told that Michael recorded the songs over telephone - hence them sounding unlike Michael Jackson. We're then told that the reason they don't sound like Michael Jackson is because of a problem uploading the track to the server. We're then told that Michael Jackson was singing through a PVC pipe. We're then told that the vocals were 'pitch shifted' when Riley got them. We're finally told that there is, indeed, another vocalist on the Cascio tracks.

All the while there are fans lapping this up.

Yet at the beginning of (I Like) The Way You Love Me we hear Michael Jackson recorded on voicemail sounding exactly as he always has. Funny that.

Why can no fan post one video of Michael Jackson that sounds any closer to the Cascio tracks then these videos on this site?*

Http://www.fakemichael.com/

Breaking News=fake MJ vocals (just as the rest of the Cascio tracks)

^ Thanks for this link. I think everybody should spread it around the internet. People must know

samhabib...you bring up very valid points...

Some more points I just thought of...

1. Taj and Taryll, who before the stream of Breaking News, everybody loved and trusted them...And apparently, them being against 3 songs that don't sound like him is because they are "Jealous they are not in control of the estate".

2. The fact that they randomly streamed Breaking News a month before the album came is out is incredibly odd to me..Add to the fact basically 90% of the people here said it was not him at the time...What exactly was the purpose of streaming a Cascio track, that was not intended to be a single, or anything..I really am curious why they did this.

3. Yes, yes, I know I'll get slaughtered for defending the big mean Jackson family, but again, the fact that some of them against 3 songs (with reason), how does that translate into every single one of them being some corrupt family who is trying to take over the estate...

4. Before the stream of Breaking News I was the biggest champion of defending this album, and basically shut down every single talk about the "fake" songs. But after hearing the Cascio tracks, they don't sound like him to me..We get explanations of how "Oh well it may not sound like him because of this, and this and this......". What is the purpose of putting on songs that don't even sound like him on this album? If I wanted that, I'd buy albums of other artists, I buy Michael Jackson albums for Michael's voice, not a morphed messed up one beyond the basic recognition.

Last edited:
Skype @ 3.49 on Breaking News

Was they busy on Skype whilst editing BN

Sure I hear a User Logging off Skype :)

Am I just hearing things? once you spot it its rather annoying

Some more points I just thought of...

1. Taj and Taryll, who before the stream of Breaking News, everybody loved and trusted them...And apparently, them being against 3 songs that don't sound like him is because they are "Jealous they are not in control of the estate".

2. The fact that they randomly streamed Breaking News a month before the album came is out is incredibly odd to me..Add to the fact basically 90% of the people here said it was not him at the time...What exactly was the purpose of streaming a Cascio track, that was not intended to be a single, or anything..I really am curious why they did this.

3. Yes, yes, I know I'll get slaughtered for defending the big mean Jackson family, but again, the fact that some of them against 3 songs (with reason), how does that translate into every single one of them being some corrupt family who is trying to take over the estate...

4. Before the stream of Breaking News I was the biggest champion of defending this album, and basically shut down every single talk about the "fake" songs. But after hearing the Cascio tracks, they don't sound like him to me..We get explanations of how "Oh well it may not sound like him because of this, and this and this......". What is the purpose of putting on songs that don't even sound like him on this album? If I wanted that, I'd buy albums of other artists, I buy Michael Jackson albums for Michael's voice, not a morphed messed up one beyond the basic recognition.

Very valid points as well...Especially your last point...Even if it is him...which I CANNOT fathom, as the voice on these songs simply sound like someone else...Why would I want to hear a song that has been so heavily processed you can't even tell it's MJ singing? This doesn't make sense at all to me...Big time **** up by the Estate/Sony...

Re: Skype @ 3.49 on Breaking News

Haha, nice find.

Go to 1:55, "Snork", LOL.

Guys, check it out, hehe :)

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97718&page=30

It's the first page on MJJC when Breaking News started streaming. SO MANY HAPPY PEOPLE! :D I've read lots of pages already.

Same here....I've read a lot lately....I wanna know what changed people's minds though from a hysterical 'that's NOT MJ WTF????'...to people blatantly believing that voice is now MJ....:scratch:

Guys, check it out, hehe :)

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97718&page=30

It's the first page on MJJC when Breaking News started streaming. SO MANY HAPPY PEOPLE! :D I've read lots of pages already.

Thanks for posting this...Wow!...Every person, including EVERY moderator is saying it's not Michael.

Same here....I've read a lot lately....I wanna know what changed people's minds though from a hysterical 'that's NOT MJ WTF????'...to people blatantly believing that voice is now MJ....:scratch:

Yep. It's amazing isn't it?

Wow, just read those... where are those fans now? I was on a different forum and posting my comments there. I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach.

I wasn't on MJJC during this time, but I was on msn and facebook LOL. I was like WTF at first, and hated everyone. What really did it for me, that I knew it was him, was when I heard the acapellas of BN. Don't remember exactly when that was posted, but soon after. I heard Keep Your Head Up without really thinking about that being a cascio track, and I loved it (I cried) When I got the album, it's all MJ with backupvocals. My ears tells me so. If it turns out, since the controversy is still so goddamn high, that I was wrong and you were right, then that's that and it sucks, but so far, MJ all the way.

On Monday 8th November 2010, @Taryll said:
to all the mj fans… regarding the song "breaking news" i am so sorry you have to deal with this. my uncle loved you so much and would not want it this way. However there are songs that ARE my uncle singing on the upcoming album and I will support those 100% But I will not support "Breaking News" and a few others because it simply is not him. They tried to fool me and they tried to fool you. I told them it would never happen.

I am shocked that things have gotten this far. This is ridiculous. I was at the studio when these questionable files were delivered. I heard these "so-called" Michael Jackson songs raw and without the distraction of the well produced music by Teddy Riley. How they constructed these songs is very sneaky and sly. many people who have worked on this project either have strong doubts and questions while others KNOW the truth yet decided to turn and look the other way with their hands out for $$$. I will NEVER look the other way. Right is Right, Truth is Truth, Facts are Facts and it will all come out!!! I tried so hard to prevent this craziness, but they wouldn't listen. I KNOW my Uncle's voice and something's seriously wrong when you have immediate FAMILY saying it's not him. Don't you have to wonder why? I have strong, undeniable points. They can't give me answers, yet continue to move forward with lies and deception. Sounding like Michael Jackson and BEING Michael Jackson are two different things.

Reading this again... -_-

Smooth, I would really appreciate it if you explained this post you made after the Streaming of Breaking News...

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3060056&postcount=2950

"^ It's felt like the twilight zone.

For those who are interested, I spoke with my source on the phone for over 30 minutes tonight regarding this whole mess. This is coming straight from Sony: the vocals are over 50% not MJ's, they did hire an impersonator to run over the majority of MJ's pre-existing vocals and tried to hide it with production.

The remaining Cascio tracks including "Monster" are all in the same boat with some MJ vocals and some imposter vocals. There will be a big meeting tomorrow at Sony where they will discuss the future of this album. More to come..."

I wasn't on MJJC during this time, but I was on msn and facebook LOL. I was like WTF at first, and hated everyone. What really did it for me, that I knew it was him, was when I heard the acapellas of BN. Don't remember exactly when that was posted, but soon after. I heard Keep Your Head Up without really thinking about that being a cascio track, and I loved it (I cried) When I got the album, it's all MJ with backupvocals. My ears tells me so. If it turns out, since the controversy is still so goddamn high, that I was wrong and you were right, then that's that and it sucks, but so far, MJ all the way.

No, sorry, I feel completely the opposite. This was my first post online at the forum that I'm on:

"Seriously, and I say this with the greatest respect, I can't believe that you guys on here, who are die-hard Michael Jackson fans, can claim that those vocals sound anything like Michael Jackson... It is beyond me.

That is not Michael Jackson. Not in a million fucking years. The fact that Sony have done this goes to show how little they care for his legacy. It's a complete fucking outrage.

Respect to the family, they were completely fucking right. Sony... unbelievable!"

Tsukiji;3147189 said:
to all the mj fans… regarding the song "breaking news" i am so sorry you have to deal with this. my uncle loved you so much and would not want it this way. However there are songs that ARE my uncle singing on the upcoming album and I will support those 100% But I will not support "Breaking News" and a few others because it simply is not him. They tried to fool me and they tried to fool you. I told them it would never happen.

I am shocked that things have gotten this far. This is ridiculous. I was at the studio when these questionable files were delivered. I heard these "so-called" Michael Jackson songs raw and without the distraction of the well produced music by Teddy Riley. How they constructed these songs is very sneaky and sly. many people who have worked on this project either have strong doubts and questions while others KNOW the truth yet decided to turn and look the other way with their hands out for $$$. I will NEVER look the other way. Right is Right, Truth is Truth, Facts are Facts and it will all come out!!! I tried so hard to prevent this craziness, but they wouldn't listen. I KNOW my Uncle's voice and something's seriously wrong when you have immediate FAMILY saying it's not him. Don't you have to wonder why? I have strong, undeniable points. They can't give me answers, yet continue to move forward with lies and deception. Sounding like Michael Jackson and BEING Michael Jackson are two different things.

Reading this again... -_-

Wow...just wow....the bolded part - Sony DID manage to fool people...this is disgusting

You then add that to Roger Friedman's claims that he heard the songs in 2006 (he later claims they were written in 2007!?!) and that the Cascios filed the registration for the songs two days after Michael died and you have ONE HELL of a mess.

How did Friedman hear the songs in 2006? Who was his source? Considering there were, apparently, so few people at the studio???

Well, that part at least can easily be explained.

RF, as part of his constant reporting on MJ, must have talked to Eddie Cascio in 2006. At that point, Eddie Cascio must have presented him with songs he had written for his friend Bobby Ewing, AKA James Porte, in the hope of breaking into the music business.

When MJ went to live with the Cascios in 2007, he recorded some of those earlier Cascio songs, as well as worked with Cascio on some new songs.

When RF says he heard the Cascio tracks in 2006, he obviously doesn't mean he sat there and listened to all 12 tracks. He may have heard a pre-MJ version of "All I Need" or "KYHU". That's why he also didn't know of Breaking News, since he seemed surprised by that title when it was previewed on the official Web site.

Well, that part at least can easily be explained.

RF, as part of his constant reporting on MJ, must have talked to Eddie Cascio in 2006. At that point, Eddie Cascio must have presented him with songs he had written for his friend Bobby Ewing, AKA James Porte, in the hope of breaking into the music business.

When MJ went to live with the Cascios in 2007, he recorded some of those earlier Cascio songs, as well as worked with Cascio on some new songs.

When RF says he heard the Cascio tracks in 2006, he obviously doesn't mean he sat there and listened to all 12 tracks. He may have heard a pre-MJ version of "All I Need" or "KYHU". That's why he also didn't know of Breaking News, since he seemed surprised by that title when it was previewed on the official Web site.
So you're claiming that Eddie Cascio is Roger Friedman's source? This doesn't ring alarm bells with you???

Thanks for posting this...Wow!...Every person, including EVERY moderator is saying it's not Michael.

Yep. It's amazing isn't it?

Well, that too can be explained :

The first mix they used on the official Web site was, for some reason, changed after a few days, and the new mix (the one on the album) does sound a bit more like MJ.

Also, the Estate statement as well as the Huffington Post article explaining the making of the album convinced some people that it was MJ singing, but in a very processed, overproduced way.

Also, the release of Hollywood Tonight showed people that maybe the Cascio tracks can be legit as well, since HT sounds strange also.

So you're claiming that Eddie Cascio is Roger Friedman's source? This doesn't ring alarm bells with you???

It's obvious that Roger Friedman is in contact with the Cascios : I thought that wasn't even in dispute.

Kreen, please explain the statement that I quoted from Smooth at the top of the page ;)

Nobody ever seems to want to explain it, I wonder why? Probably because they can't? ;)

Well, that too can be explained :

The first mix they used on the official Web site was, for some reason, changed after a few days, and the new mix (the one on the album) does sound a bit more like MJ.

Also, the Estate statement as well as the Huffington Post article explaining the making of the album convinced some people that it was MJ singing, but in a very processed, overproduced way.

Also, the release of Hollywood Tonight showed people that maybe the Cascio tracks can be legit as well, since HT sounds strange also.
They said they replaced the first mix with a better quality version. I NEVER noticed any difference at all. Some people even said "wait... this is the better quality, right?" Also, blaming the quality is pretty stupid if you ask me. When we first got Monster snippet, KYHU snippet, etc., everyone said "wait til CD quality, please". And look, it still sounds the same.

HT didn't show anything. You can still hear the man but with stupid effects.

It's obvious that Roger Friedman is in contact with the Cascios : I thought that wasn't even in dispute.

And this doesn't horrify you? Because it horrifies the hell out of me... that Michael's 'beloved' 'secret family' are selling stories of their time with Michael to Roger Friedman. And then going on Oprah and talking about how much they loved Michael.

Love???

Smooth, I would really appreciate it if you explained this post you made after the Streaming of Breaking News...

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3060056&postcount=2950

"^ It's felt like the twilight zone.

For those who are interested, I spoke with my source on the phone for over 30 minutes tonight regarding this whole mess. This is coming straight from Sony: the vocals are over 50% not MJ's, they did hire an impersonator to run over the majority of MJ's pre-existing vocals and tried to hide it with production.

The remaining Cascio tracks including "Monster" are all in the same boat with some MJ vocals and some imposter vocals. There will be a big meeting tomorrow at Sony where they will discuss the future of this album. More to come..."

Smooth_Criminal05 doesn't have a source at Sony, and if people haven't figured THAT out after months and months of bullsh*t on his part, the Cascios don't have to worry about the cat's ever being out of the bag.

The difference between HT and the Cascio tracks is that HT actually sounds unfinished....it sounds like a fantastic demo....A spoken part was added in place of a bridge; not my fave part, but its better than using an imposter....And the first verse was repeated, cuz clearly Mike didnt finish the song....So, therefore, just repeat it...Sounds better than using an imposter to fill those vocals...Had they used this common sense and strategy when finishing up Mikes songs, then maybe this shit show wouldnt be happening...Why do the Cascio tracks sound finished then....And KYHU does not sound processed at all! Just sounds like a completely different person...The vocals are slightly rough in HT but its obvious its MJ....When you hear him sing Hollywood...the way he pronounces WOOD....Listen to the way he says that in say the Oprah interview....I look for pronunciation...Even still, I never once questioned the vocals on HT....

Just read through the last page or so. The reason why Katherine and the children's comments were cut from Oprah, is because other than TMZ there's no record of them saying such a thing. No video, no audio, nothing, just a sentence in a tabloid report. I don't recall anyone claiming that he recorded these on a telephone either, as an excuse to why he sounds different. Not the Cascio's, not Sony/Estate, nor Roger Friedman.

A week or so after the initial stream, TMZ also reported that it was the wrong version of the song, and whoever was responsible for putting songs on Michael's website, made a mistake. Maybe that explains why so many people have differing thoughts from then through now. Not to mention, that people were more upset for the Estate/Sony not crediting whoever else is on the song in the initial stream description.

Listen to HT in a car, with working speakers, and turn it up. It doesn't sound like Michael, it also doesn't sound like the Cascio songs, but it still doesn't sound like Michael. It's only obvious by the deep breath he takes in between lines.

And this doesn't horrify you? Because it horrifies the hell out of me... that Michael's 'beloved' 'secret family' are selling stories of their time with Michael to Roger Friedman. And then going on Oprah and talking about how much they loved Michael.

Love???

Well, as far as we know they didn't "sell" anything to RF : they just talked to him like they would any reporter. And nothing they ever told him was negative. Reading RF's posts in recent weeks, it sounds like he really believes the songs are real, but maybe that's because he personally has a good relationship with the Cascios.

He also mentioned the Cascios would provide "proof" at some point, either "work tapes" of MJ in the studio, or lyric sheets with MJ's handwriting. If someone can get in touch with him, maybe we could ask him when that evidence will ever come to light.

I was also thinking : couldn't the mods on this and other forums try to contact Eddie Cascio, who can't be this difficult to track down, and organize and Q&A session with him?

Smooth_Criminal05 doesn't have a source at Sony, and if people haven't figured THAT out after months and months of bullsh*t on his part, the Cascios don't have to worry about the cat's ever being out of the bag.

So your saying Smooth is a liar? But everything he had saying was on spot on, the date of the announcements were pretty close to what he had said... he can't be lying can he? I thought possibly he was even made a moderator due to his connection with a source from Sony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back