Breaking News - The Great Debate (Cascio Controversy Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breaking News - The Great Debate

Listen to HT in a car, with working speakers, and turn it up. It doesn't sound like Michael, it also doesn't sound like the Cascio songs, but it still doesn't sound like Michael. It's only obvious by the deep breath he takes in between lines.
No, man. Just, no.

Even with all the shitty effects they put on his voice, wherever I play the song, I can still tell it's Michael one hundred prosent.

No, man. Just, no.

Even with all the shitty effects they put on his voice, wherever I play the song, I can still tell it's Michael one hundred prosent.

Agreed...I blast this one all the time...Sounds like Mike to me...100%...

No, man. Just, no.

That's your opinion, many people have already stated it also sounds different from Michael Jackson. You don't think so, good for you, but you just can't write off the numerous statements as if it's not something that's going on.

Keep in mind, I also said it doesn't sound like the Cascio recordings either.

But everything he had saying was on spot on, the date of the announcements were pretty close to what he had said...

Actually, if you go through everything the guy's said, it's 90 % wrong. The 10 % he got right was luck, or the effect of making such vague or obvious predictions that some of them have got to turn out to be right.

That's your opinion, many people have already stated it also sounds different from Michael Jackson. You don't think so, good for you, but you just can't write off the numerous statements as if it's not something that's going on.

Keep in mind, I also said it doesn't sound like the Cascio recordings either.
You don't need to point out that it's my opinion like that. Of course it's my opinion.

Many people have stated it sounds different from Michael -yeah, but like 5% of the people? Compared to the Cascio almost 50%.

I'd really like to know where you're getting these statistics from, Pentum.
I read both MaxJax and MJJC every single day. After the Breaking News day, I started reading even more. It's based on what everyone said.

You can't really expect more.

It's like in the Breaking News thread. It looks like almost everyone said it wasn't Michael. Maybe 1 person each page said it was/may be Michael.

True, but that was in response to the initial stream, you can't live in the past. As of now, things seem to be a bit more even, in terms of a split.

Yes.

Back then, maybe 90% of the fans said Breaking News was fake.
Now, it's much less.

This is a fact, not an opinion. Michael Jackson does not sound the same on Hollywood Tonight and on Monster or Breaking News.

Hollywood Tonight sounds just like Why you wanna trip on me or Privacy. The clear indicator of that is Michael's naturally husky voice completely absent on Breaking News and Monster. The only husky voice at times that I hear on Monster has a complete different unMichael voice timbre than on Privacy or Why you wanna trip on me.

The same naturally husky deep voice you can also hear in the song Get It with Stevie Wonder.

20 million for a video and making a excuse as to why the sales were a disappointment to you is a weak excuse. The album still sold 2.5 million in the USA and did well worldwide.

5 to 7 million is the MAX...20 million is riduculous. You had better be selling on Thriller level if your gonna to get that budget.

If your music is HOT...a simple video will do the job. Even if you were to spend 5 to 7 million like i said. Thats enough.

The excuse should not be we need a 20 million dollar video.

Also in the USA, the song Butterflies was more in demand by radio stations. Im sure you know in the US, MJ got majority of his luv and support from Urban r&b/hip hop stations. Most of them prefered Butterflies, Heaven Can Wait and Break of Dawn over Unbreakable.

Most Urban stations play the entire album for listeners. I remember Steve Harvey's station 100.3 the beat and Big Boy of Power 106 playing thr entire album. Listeners were calling in left and right asking about that Butterflies track. Unbreakable was considered aiiiiight. Many called it overproduced.

This is why Sony released Butterflies to radio next. It was more in demand by radio listeners

people can do what they want with their own money. your standards for money are your own. that doens't make Michael's standards stupid. you take of your budget and other people will take care of theirs. MJ didn't go off the rocker. his kids are fine. he spent money the way he deemed to do it. and everybody is the better for it, because generations after generations watch his videos. including the expensive ones. those who do the cheap ones..many of them, are forgotten. thriller was expensive in those days, by those terms. but it's considered the greatest video of all time. there is no law saying how someobody should spend money. and so nobody is in a position to make one. if ithey did, ti would be in violation of human rights.

if a person works hard for their money, then, other people should leave them alone. there are a lot of smokers out there, who spend their hard earned money on cigarettes, and other people don't complain about that. even if there is a big tax on cigarettes. so nobody should complain about how Michael spent his money. he is the most debated artist ever, so he is the most paid attention to aritst ever, by people who think they know better about how he shoudl spend his money. so they tell on themselves, by that evidence. and they don't look good doing it.

This is a fact, not an opinion. Michael Jackson does not sound the same on Hollywood Tonight and on Monster or Breaking News.

Hollywood Tonight sounds just like Why you wanna trip on me or Privacy. The clear indicator of that is Michael's naturally husky voice completely absent on Breaking News and Monster. The only husky voice at times that I hear on Monster has a complete different unMichael voice timbre than on Privacy or Why you wanna trip on me.

The same naturally husky deep voice you can also hear in the song Get It with Stevie Wonder.

How is that the case when people obviously disagree? If people are questioning the authenticity of that specific song on other MJ forums, it isn't a fact at all.

One of the reason I dislike Breaking News and Monster is the absence of Michael's natural husky voice. The depth of his voice may be stripped away because of over-processing. I found the vocals on BN and Monster very unnatural and robotic.

Sigh... Michael Jackson is one of the the most well respected vocalists ever. How can I accept the way they process his voice to such unrecognizable degree? I really am still struggling with this.

How is that the case when people obviously disagree? If people are questioning the authenticity of that specific song on other MJ forums, it isn't a fact at all.

How is it a fact? Well, the same way a robin is not a crow. There will always be people in whose opinion a crow will sound just like a robin. But that can't be nothing else than an opinion. The fact is that a robin is not a crow despite some people's opinions.

Monster and Breaking news do not possess a husky voice, it is a fact.

They don't, but that's not what I was referring to unfortunately. I was referring to being able to recognize Michael on a specific song, some fans can't recognize Michael on Hollywood Tonight, husky voice and all.

Does Best Of Joy have a husky voice?

Remember, Michael said that he never stopped making music.

I said this in another thread, that Michael's worst day is better than Malachi's best day(my take on Teddy's comment about Will.I.Am).

Breaking News, Monster, and Keep Your Head Up all sound very Michael Jackson, but with something very weird about them. The vibrato sounds fake, added, processed, reverbed, etc. I think it's Michael but we need answers. This strange goat-like vibrato must be addressed. I am thinking it is not part of speeding up the vocals or re-pitching, but an added effect that is sickening and Michael would not have approved. It instantly throws the fanbase off!

They don't, but that's not what I was referring to unfortunately. I was referring to being able to recognize Michael on a specific song, some fans can't recognize Michael on Hollywood Tonight, husky voice and all.

You stated in your first post of these threads that you believe every song on Michael is 100% MJJ. First off, that makes me wonder why you keep posting in here. But with that pointed out, if you're using another person's opinion, who you're not citing any actual examples (just heresay), to booster your own views... it's not convincing.

Even if you did have a citation of "fan A" not being able to hear MJ on Hollywood Tonight, that doesn't prove that "fans B and C" are thus disqualified in their ability to distinguish Michael's voice on the Cascio tracks or any others for that matter.

What are you trying to prove in here? Why are you arguing about Hollywood Tonight's authenticity when you yourself believe it's MJJ and no one is opposing that idea?

Last edited:

Wait what? So these threads are only for doubters to discuss this with each other? I think that may have been a typo, unless I'm missing something. :scratch:

Yes, these threads are made for the people who don't think the tracks are 100% MJJ- for us to discuss it without people arguing with us about it, and so that we're not disrupting anyone else's threads. If you read the first top sticky in the main forum, it explains why.

This is a small minority (barely worth mentioning, really), and the counter to that would be that there are still fans who believe Mamacita and Bigger Man are Michael Jackson singing.

Yes, these threads are made for the people who don't think the tracks are 100% MJJ- for us to discuss it without people arguing with us about it, and so that we're not disrupting anyone else's threads. If you read the first top sticky in the main forum, it explains why.

I am sorry but I disagree with that. These threads should be open to anyone. Otherwise it is like accepting that we non-believers are "quarantined" in these threads.

No, these threads were made especially for arguing on the authenticity matter and their purpose is to keep it here and not spread throughout the rest of the threads in this forum.

I am sorry but I disagree with that. These threads should be open to anyone. Otherwise it is like accepting that we non-believers are "quarantined" in these threads.

No, these threads were made especially for arguing on the authenticity matter and their purpose is to keep it here and not spread throughout the rest of the threads in this forum.

The will be no talk of those who believe this is Michael and support this song.

Barok, I don't believe the songs are legit either- and I'm finally posting about it because these threads are a place where I can share my opinion without someone else coming along and arguing with me. So I don't see it as us being "quarantined", but rather just everyone agreeing to disagree and letting us talk about it without arguments.

I understand that you want to argue about it with people who believe the tracks are real, but this thread (as stated in the first post by MJJC) isn't for that.

At this point, most people have made up their mind and arguing is just going to cause fights instead of changed opinions though, don't you think?

Barok, I don't believe the songs are legit either- and I'm finally posting about it because these threads are a place where I can share my opinion without someone else coming along and arguing with me. So I don't see it as us being "quarantined", but rather just everyone agreeing to disagree and letting us talk about it without arguments.

I understand that you want to argue about it with people who believe the tracks are real, but this thread (as stated in the first post by MJJC) isn't for that.

At this point, most people have made up their mind and arguing is just going to cause fights instead of changed opinions though, don't you think?

Got to agree with this one, but still there should be no limits for anyone with these threads, as with all the other ones imo

Actually you know what? This is the best thing I've read since the leak. I won't say another word about it. If people want to believe that's Michael Jackson on those tracks, then be my guest.

Thanks for reading my previous blogpost, glad you enjoyed it lol, but when you're quoting me, make sure to quote everything. Kinda weird that you ruled out my last sentence where I wrote that I liked the song. Not sure if it was intentional or not ,) Just saying - peace&love :toofunny: just after your quote saying you like the song. You never know! :cheeky:

Oh, yes, I did delete your last sentence, for I was just acknowledging your blog, not your interest in the song. And I guess it could have been a bit misleading if you see this --> :toofunny: just after your quote saying you like the song. You never know! :cheeky:

I understand, no hard feelings,) Some have asked me to write a part 2, but I don't know what to write, at this point LOL, we'll wait and see how it "ends".

You stated in your first post of these threads that you believe every song on Michael is 100% MJJ. First off, that makes me wonder why you keep posting in here. But with that pointed out, if you're using another person's opinion, who you're not citing any actual examples (just heresay), to booster your own views... it's not convincing.

Even if you did have a citation of "fan A" not being able to hear MJ on Hollywood Tonight, that doesn't prove that "fans B and C" are thus disqualified in their ability to distinguish Michael's voice on the Cascio tracks or any others for that matter.

What are you trying to prove in here? Why are you arguing about Hollywood Tonight's authenticity when you yourself believe it's MJJ and no one is opposing that idea?

Where did I argue HT's authenticity? I said it's being argued by other members of the MJ Community, I'm not the first to bring this up on this forum, so it isn't just hearsay. Nor am I saying that to disprove the doubt of the Cascio tracks, I just said he sounds different in each of them to prove a point. I also said HT sounds a lot different than the Cascio recordings. Like Barok said, even with that person being a doubter, I don't get why these threads should be isolated to one side and one side only, if it's a debate, people should be able to debate openly. So far, a debate hasn't been taking place, just a bunch of people who agree with each other, posting the same reasons as to why these recordings aren't legit.

And yes, while I do believe it is Michael on these records, I've always been open to the respectful discussion of why it isn't, and I'm open to being proved wrong. Another thing is, I've never once come in these threads and said, "The track is real, here's why..." I've just disputed certain claims, such as pitches being altered on YT video's, and comparing vocals of someone singing in a hallway and someone singing into a studio microphone, which isn't exactly a fair comparison to me. I don't see why things like that can't be disputed, if they aren't, you have people being fed twisted truths and they just run with it, which at the end of the day, isn't going to solve anything. Other than people being misguided about the reasons as to why they believe what they do.

Had a feeling you knew all of his songs.

Only MJ fans know this guy. Usher, Justin Timberlake fans can care less about him.

MJ's own fans ruined the album. You do know MJ on the Billboard charts as a brand new album will come to a end very shortly. So you should enjoy new releases while you can.

OK, in relation to all your posts in this thread, that is enough. If you want to debate about certain things that's fine but some of your posts are just downright rude. This is your last warning before infractions are made.

Breaking News sounds more like Michael than the likes of 2000 Watts if I'm being honest.

We all know Michael had worked on techniques to deepen the sound of his voice for certain tracks prior to Invincible's release.

I don't like to think that I'm sitting enjoying Michael's new album and it's not him, but then who knows eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back