Britney Spears: Taken to hospital (mental evaluation?)

I feel so bad for Britney and her family. I have been telling people who have hated on her from the beginning that there was something intangibly wrong with her. It felt like so much more than drugs or alcohol. I know nothing is confirmed, but I do feel it is very possible we are dealing with a mental illness and if that is the case then there are many folks who should be ashamed of themselves for the abuse they have put Britney through. The media is only as bad as its whores.

Britneys mum sure did a fine Job raising her kids :mello:, but i hope Birtney gets her life on track the media are totaly making this a bigger issue each min ;)

http://www.tmz.com/

Brit Probably Bipolar

Posted Jan 5th 2008 11:06AM by TMZ Staff

Also, there are reports swirling about all the people in Brit's home who came to her rescue; who broke the door down, who just lingered. You would think she was having a pre-pre-pre Super Bowl party.

In fact, we know that aside from the monitor, there were a grand total of two others in the house -- aside from Brit and the kids. The two were both hired help.

i don't quite agree that it is the media that makes the story bigger. britney's irrational behavior is. the media is just there to report it. it can't be helped bec. brritney is a big star. what is not acceptable is if they sensationalize the news or report falsehood but so far i havent seen any.

however, i think the way the police responded is kinda overkill. was britney that hard to control that merited the presence of so many? that, i think, made it such a spectacle. otherwise, it wud have just been handled in a manner that wud not have attracted too much attention

R U kidding? Harvey Levin only cares for Harvey Levin. I hate how TMZ has blown up with their gorilla tactics....

I am not kidding. The guy is a complete sicko.

I am starting to believe that Britney could have been like this before she even became famous. For someone to act out like that constantly, something is wrong.

I am not kidding. The guy is a complete sicko.

I am starting to believe that Britney could have been like this before she even became famous. For someone to act out like that constantly, something is wrong.
I think we are agreeing here. But you said that Levin should apologize and that is what I was responding to...

...Okay peeps.... Britney is now OUT of the hospital. Apparently she was medically deemed not a risk to herself, plus she demanded to be released after an unscheduled and uninvited visit by Dr. Phil McGraw.

Guess who she is hanging with now? That damn paparazzo guy...

so b/c she may or may not have a mental illness, we can't bash her ? sorry but when does that make someone exempt? roll ur eyes at ur damn self...rn't u the one who does this for a living....(CDFU at the irony)

Yes it is my profession and yes I talk certainly a lot about the mental field. It's still pretty interesting to me!
As certainly I talk about the mental illnesses of some ppl only to those ppl and do not diagnose from a distance. Same if I've never talked to that certain person nor ever read her medical and mental history, that says a lot about colleagues in my field if they do talk pretty smart somewhere in public cuz we've all learned different. But studiying psychology or trained to be a counselor is no way protecting from maybe one day getting mental problems also so you'll find some attention seeking conduct also in professionals of that field (as much as in any other profession probably lol).

Just read my second post again Kate, you're free to bash her all the way you want... if that is your choice then that is your choice.
I've just wondered that especially Michael Jackson fans can't find some more empathy cuz he went through a lot media wise and also very much when it was about such a private matter like a disease been discussed in public again and again!
But well again go ahead if you feel the need to bash someone who's probably already feeling more than down and more than only confused... if that is your choice then that is your choice... ppl present themselves the way they do for some reason, it's what they will be known for.
So it is with Britney (although in this case there's probably some media spin at times?!) and so it is with you.

oh and just in case this is still not known... I'm not an english native, so please can you might explain CDFU (means if it worth it) then even stupid me might gets the irony in this?!

Last edited:
Bipolar is scary... Especially if something else is involved...

My grandfather was bipolar and had a frontal lope dementia on top of that... Lemme just say = BAAAAAD combination!

So I PRAY Britney does not suffer from bipolar disease - also for the sake of those around her. But I gotta say...

i also hope the woman won't get stamped as bipolar or mentally ill if she's not. The stigma that comes with being labelled mentally ill is no joke.

I feel sorry for her. I wish someone could give her the help that she needs but do so away from the public. Like someone said, she is a human beeing and the media has made so much money on her problems already.

I think we are agreeing here. But you said that Levin should apologize and that is what I was responding to...

...Okay peeps.... Britney is now OUT of the hospital. Apparently she was medically deemed not a risk to herself, plus she demanded to be released after an unscheduled and uninvited visit by Dr. Phil McGraw.

Guess who she is hanging with now? That damn paparazzo guy...

Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ok, let me ask you guys, do you find what Dr. Phil McFraud did was questionable or reasonable? I just wanna know your thoughts.

i've been saying it all along...maybe one day people will listen but kevin's not a bad guy....he didn't make her trashy, he didnt' start her drama, it started when she got dumped by trousersnake....kevin was just the glue holding it all together.

OMG, we agree on something. What a "victory".

Yes it is my profession and yes I talk certainly a lot about the mental field. It's still pretty interesting to me!
As certainly I talk about the mental illnesses of some ppl only to those ppl and do not diagnose from a distance. Same if I've never talked to that certain person nor ever read her medical and mental history, that says a lot about colleagues in my field if they do talk pretty smart somewhere in public cuz we've all learned different. But studiying psychology or trained to be a counselor is no way protecting from maybe one day getting mental problems also so you'll find some attention seeking conduct also in professionals of that field (as much as in any other profession probably lol).

Cool, we do the same profession.

i also hope the woman won't get stamped as bipolar or mentally ill if she's not. The stigma that comes with being labelled mentally ill is no joke

You are not lying. The stigma is terrible. I see it when I am at work. Just horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
this thread needs to be filtered out cuz it has become an anti britney thread.. (not everyone) if we saw a thread like this regarding mike in anyway, we would have done everything we could to close it...

Its understandable why co traversal topics would want to be talked about, just don't forget she's human and hurts..

I hope MJ visits her or phones her for support coz I think she respects him and it will help her a lot. Plus she showed MJ support during trial etc

well, britney has already found comfort in her paparazzi friend,Adnan Ghalib, also rumord to be his boyfriend. there's this news i caught on the web. read on...
http://in.news.yahoo.com/080108/139/6pcve.html

K-Fed to 'rescue' Britney from snapper beau

By ANI
Tuesday January 8, 04:18 PM
Washington, Jan 8 (ANI): Britney Spears' ex-hubby Kevin Federline has resorted to a legal battle to "rescue" the pop star from the snapper who is comforting her.
The rapper's lawyers were investigating Adnan Ghalib's immigration status after the 26-year-old singer referred to him as her "only friend" after her latest meltdown.
Ghalib has been hogging her for a long time and K-Fed fears that the troubled singer has fallen prey to the paparazzo's charms.
"Kevin and his legal team want to get Britney away from him. They are concerned she has completely lost all sense of reality. Dating a photographer who has tailed her for months is like sleeping with the enemy," The Sun quoted a source close to Federline, as saying.
The 29-year-old rapper feels that Ghalib does not have Britney's best interest in mind and might pose as a threat to his kids.
"Kevin's team want him sent home if he hasn't got his papers in order. They also plan to bring Adnan before the court to explain why he took Britney into hiding when she really needed further medical attention. They are concerned that he is not looking out for her best interests and are worried about him being around the kids," added the source.
Britney turned to Ghalib after her meltdown and was taken to hospital strapped to a stretcher. (ANI)

now back to britney....if she's been diagnosed then isn't there some sort of protocol here? of she's a threat to herself or her children, she has to be medicated. i know there's some debate about forcing meds on the ill but if she does't take them, she doesn't need to be near her children.

what we've seen definitely shows some sort of illness...happy w/ the press on most days and then she goes off, cursing at them, flipping them off, being happy w/ her friends, then crying and saying she's scared repeatedly when she sees cameras.

something's up but she needs good people around her and osama is not one of them.

as for mj getting involved....she didn't support him during the trial, and even if she did, that's a lame reason for wanting him to reach out to her. she needs to find a steady base before anyone can reach her and make an impact on what's going on.

What she needs is help from medical professionals, not from other celebrities.

what dr. phill did was a total breach of trust and it was just disgusting. dude isn't even licensed to practice in cali....

Britney is going through postpartum blues x 2.

She had her children very close together. It takes time to get through postpartum blues. It takes time to get used to being a mother for the first time. It takes time to bond with a brand new addition to your life.

Before she had time to get through postpartum blues following the first child, the second one had arrived. Now, the postpartum blues for each child is overlapping. It is also being compounded by Kevin Federline mentally punishing her for getting rid of him.

Britney needs some time alone to find Britney and to talk to God. She has spent a large amount of her life in Tinsel Town and trying to imitate someone else. She needs to find Britney and work her children into the life of the person that she has found.

While she is doing this, Kevin will need to stop fighting with her, step up, and be a father to the children and a friend to her.

The majority of what these two battling parents must do takes place outside of the courtroom. They will have to stop fighting each other so the children can have both of them. And in addition to this, Kevin will have to make sure he is not turning his back on any of his children. He has more than two.

Last edited:

She had her children very close together. It takes time to get through postpartum blues. It takes time to get used to being a mother for the first time. It takes time to bond with a brand new addition to your life.

Before she had time to get through postpartum blues following the first child, the second one had arrived. Now, the postpartum blues for each child is overlapping.

It is also being compounded by Kevin Federline mentally punishing her for getting rid of him.

Britney needs some time alone to find Britney. She has spent a large amount of her life in Tinsel Town and trying to imitate somone else. Britney needs to find Britney and work her children into the life of the person that she has found. Kevin will need to stop fighting with her, step up, and be a father to the children and a friend to her. The majority of what these two battling parents must do takes place outside of the courtroom. They will have to stop fighting each other so the children can have them both.
yup!! I know how postpartum depression goes!! NOT EASY!!!! at all. You hit a hormonal low and feel as if you cannot bounce back up. I think people need to give her her space and be understanding. She may have done things to stir up junk or trouble, but does that make her bad??? No. She shouldn't mix drinking with socializing, though. That is for sure. If she plans on going out AND drinking, seh should do it around people she KNOWS.

Before she had time to get through postpartum blues following the first child, the second one had arrived. Now, the postpartum blues for each child is overlapping. It is also being compounded by Kevin Federline mentally punishing her for getting rid of him.

Britney needs some time alone to find Britney and to talk to God. She has spent a large amount of her life in Tinsel Town and trying to imitate someone else. She needs to find Britney and work her children into the life of the person that she has found.

While she is doing this, Kevin will need to stop fighting with her, step up, and be a father to the children and a friend to her.

The majority of what these two battling parents must do takes place outside of the courtroom. They will have to stop fighting each other so the children can have both of them. And in addition to this, Kevin will have to make sure he is not turning his back on any of his children. He has more than two.
Thank you for bringing sense and sensibility into this. It is such a shame that the judge will not order the mass media to leave this poor girl alone. They aught to be ashamed of themselves, so does Kevin. Of course Britney pays for his upkeep while he takes care of his children. |eople need to leave her alone and let her heal, otherwise those poor children may not have a mother for too long.

allformj, nothing suggests that kevin HAS NOT stepped up and taken care of his kids. not just his sons w/ her but his son and daughter w/ shar as well.

as for looking after brit, he called her family and let them know and he's keeping them in the loop but other than caring for her wellbeing b/c she's themother of his kids, his job of caring shouldn't go much further. even his lawyer said he didn't want it to go this far but brit is far too unstable to be around those children.

she'd rather go to cvs than to court and be present in a hearing about reinstating her custody

For a second, I thought this was a brand new thread. :mello:

Anyway, I hope that Britney gets better soon. As someone who has mental illness in my family, I'm well aware at how devastating it can be. I'll be praying for her.

Back