[Campaign] Let's Make BAD25 #1 on Billboard 200!

Horakhty

Proud Member
It looks like MJ won't top the US charts this time. :no:

Hits Daily Double: Estimations / forcast

DOUBLE-DIP SUPER TUESDAY UPDATE: Here are the latest label forecasts on some of the Sept. 18 and Sept. 25 releases (see 8/23 item below): G.O.O.D. Music compilation 200k, Pink 200k, The Killers 125k, Carly Rae Jepsen 100k, No Doubt 175k and Michael Jackson 150k. In other news, Diana Krall and the Barbra Streisand CD move to Oct. 2 (Columbia is releasing the LP on Sept. 25 to make it eligible for Grammy consideration), while Ne-Yo moves to Nov. 6. Expect some of the forecasts to change as we get closer to release. You can also expect some label estimates to be over-projected and/or very bullish, which could lead to some major disappointments for certain key artists and top label execs, but par for the course heading into Q4. (8/24a)

Shouldn't we start a campaign or something? I'd love to see BAD back at the #1! That'd be an amazing achievement!

MJ's other debuts on Billboard 200:

HIStory (1995) - #1 | 391,000 units
This Is It (2009) - #1 | 373,000
Invincible (2001)- #1 | 363,000
Michael (2010) - #3 | 228,000
Thriller 25th (2008) - #2 | 166,000
Immortal (2011) - #24 | 43,000

Last edited:
Re: BAD25 #1 on Billboard 200!

this is a forecast, the cd hasn't even been released yet:bored:

It's an estimation based on pre-orders, hype etc.

doesn't mean a thing.. and 125 k is good considering he's not here anymore and it's not a new cd

Ok i got confused by the title of this thread....i thought u meant it had already hit #1 on the billboard charts cuz i was gonna say how the heck could that be if it hasnt been released yet

No matter what a campaign is a good idea.

Let's help BAD25 sell even better!

Ok i got confused by the title of this thread....i thought u meant it had already hit #1 on the billboard charts cuz i was gonna say how the heck could that be if it hasnt been released yet

I totally thought the same thing! I'm really not worried about it though. That's not a bad estimation considering that his competition are living. Plus there is still time. Those numbers could change for the better by the time it's actually released.

I totally thought the same thing! I'm really not worried about it though. That's not a bad estimation considering that his competition are living. Plus there is still time. Those numbers could change for the better by the time it's actually released.

LOL! i was wondering if i was the only one thinking that and true yeh its not a bad estimate

estimations and guessing don't mean Jack ish. Wait till the real numbers come out once the set is released

I was confused about how it charts when it's not even released yet, then I saw it's an estimation.

Selling 150k in the first week would actually be great, considering it's a 25 year old album and Michael is not here to promote it. I don't think a re-release has ever gone to #1 on Billboard 200, so we shouldn't be disappointed if Bad25 doesn't make it to #1 either. I don't think the general public is usually that interested in re-releases, it's mostly fans who want to buy an album they already have just to get a few new songs.

Still, I think a fan campaign is a good idea, it would be great if we could help the album sell as well as possible. Creating some hype around the release should help the album sales. Does anyone know if some fans are already organizing a fan promotion campaign? If not, should we use this thread to post fan promotion ideas?

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed. - Help BAD become #1 on Billboard 200!

Or something like that!

Selling 150k in the first week would actually be great, considering it's a 25 year old album and Michael is not here to promote it. I don't think a re-release has ever gone to #1 on Billboard 200, so we shouldn't be disappointed if Bad25 doesn't make it to #1 either. I don't think the general public is usually that interested in re-releases, it's mostly fans who want to buy an album they already have just to get a few new songs.

Still, I think a fan campaign is a good idea, it would be great if we could help the album sell as well as possible. Creating some hype around the release should help the album sales. Does anyone know if some fans are already organizing a fan promotion campaign? If not, should we use this thread to post fan promotion ideas?

Michael has done so many never-happened-before's in his life time... Would be great if WE could do it for him This Time Around!! Everybody buy double during the first week!!!

Right, Sunwalker7. That's why she should start a campaign: "Bad25" could be the first re-release to top the Billboard 200 ever! :D

so US fans, Help BAD become #1 on Billboard 200!

BTW, preorders mean almost nothing, just show it the interest... but the physical sales of CDs can rise... the finale numbers..., right?

Billboard changed their rules after 2010, the Billboard 200 didnt allow any re-release to hit the chart before.
After jun 2009, Michael would have charted with all his previous albums in the top10 B200, and Thriller25 would be in top3 in 2007.

Now any album can hit the top, why not BAD25...? Oh yeah..., people/fans have to buy it.

Unfortunately, i dont think a fan promotion campaign could work.

MJ fans in the US have always been "not very active"...,and (MJ Estate) and Sony have always been focused more on everywhere else but not on the US market.

Billboard changed their rules after 2010, the Billboard 200 didnt allow any re-release to hit the chart before.
After jun 2009, Michael would have charted with all his previous albums in the top10 B200, and Thriller25 would be in top3 in 2007.

Now any album can hit the top, why not BAD25...? Oh yeah..., people/fans have to buy it.

MJ fans in the US have always been "not very active"...,and (MJ Estate) and Sony have always been focused more on everywhere else but not on the US market.

Don't even remind us of this very frustrating unjustice - Michael's multiple old records sold more than new releases and he doesn't hold any official records for it!

Change this title...

I know, but even if the rules had been different back then Thriller25 still wouldn't have been #1. It wasn't the best selling album of the week. It sold really well and it was a hugely successful re-release, it's just not easy for a re-release to top the charts.

Honestly, I don't know how much of a difference a fan campaign would make. If Michael doesn't have many fans/people interested in his music in the US then there's not a whole lot we can do. Still, I think it would be nice if fans did what we can to help the album be a success. I don't think Bad25 has much chance of reaching #1 on BB200, but it would be great if it sells really well for a re-release.

Yes, let's do this. There's no one as good as Michael, Bad deserves it

Bad 25 can be #1. It is a great album with 7 new songs + first live album by King of pop EVER + bonus DVD. There are so many various versions for this release and with good promotion this album could easily become number 1.

I think getting it on the iTunes list for top selling albums (at least in the top 10) during release week would be one of the quickest ways to get more people to check it out and buy it.

First of all, it needs a huge iTunes banner!! It just depends on Sony Music and The Estate.

Let's promote it!

I will tell family and friends about this and hope some will buy it!

I really hope this sell well and becomes a succes!

Back