Can You Forgive Chris Brown?

every person who commits this kind of crime will feel sorry and make an apology. Just about all of them. Then they do it again.

I do not believe his apology is sincere. He carefully worded the apology so as not to say anything incriminating, incase he were to get lucky with some kind of ruling on an appeal. To me that means his apology is not sincere and nothing but an attempt to get back his squeaky clean image as a nice guy.

Chris Brown has muscle on him. He pulverized Rihanna's face and got off with no jail time at all. Before he can be forgiven he has to go a very long time without this happening again. Should fans reaccept him as the nice boy? No they should not give him a second chance in that regard. Chris Brown was nothing but a pretty boy with mad dancing skills. He didn't even have any vocal ability. He can be easily replaced. There are plenty of people who fit that criteria waiting for a first chance who don't beat up women.

I don't want young people looking up to him as a role model. We need to make an example out of him, by not helping him further his career, and that is the most important thing that comes out of this event!

Last edited:
That was hardly an apology. It was a choreographed piece of text given to him by his lawyer to read aloud.

If he had spoken himself from his heart, then maybe there would be more room for forgiveness here.

It didn't sound like it came from the heart at all. If I was feeling guilty and wanted to apologize I would not need cue cards.

To compare this to politicians using teleprompters is ridiculous. They have to make sure they don't leave out any stats, angles, or points for their arguments. Plus their speeches are a lot longer.

I can never forget. I don't know if I can forgive him either. I have to see that he is making an effort to change. I am happy that Rhianna didn't go back to him and I hope they both will learn from the experience.

Yes i totally agree with you...i forgive him....I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt...we were not there so we really dont know both sides of the story...never judge. That's not our job....I beleive Michael would definately agree with that...You can never know what one is going through.

exactly what i'm trying to say...well done.

every person who commits this kind of crime will feel sorry and make an apology. Just about all of them. Then they do it again.

I do not believe his apology is sincere. He carefully worded the apology so as not to say anything incriminating, incase he were to get lucky with some kind of ruling on an appeal. To me that means his apology is not sincere and nothing but an attempt to get back his squeaky clean image as a nice guy.

Chris Brown has muscle on him. He pulverized Rihanna's face and got off with no jail time at all. Before he can be forgiven he has to go a very long time without this happening again. Should fans reaccept him as the nice boy? No they should not give him a second chance in that regard. Chris Brown was nothing but a pretty boy with mad dancing skills. He didn't even have any vocal ability. He can be easily replaced. There are plenty of people who fit that criteria waiting for a first chance who don't beat up women.

I don't want young people looking up to him as a role model. We need to make an example out of him, by not helping him further his career, and that is the most important thing that comes out of this event!

Who are you to judge who should and shouldn't be given a second chance? Very shallow of you. And that remark about no vocal ability...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You must not have seen all/alot of his performances. He's one of the few out there who can actually still sing. He cant be easily replaced, because if he could, then it wouldve been done. Hes been out of the spotlight six months...noone has taken his place at all. It's true that there are tons of talented people out there, just saying in the time he's been away noones replaced him at all. Also, he can become a role model after all this as long as 1. it NEVER happens again, 2. He uses it as a chance impact people's lives in a positive way and raise awareness of domestic violence. People assume the cycle of violence cant be stopped, well here's his chance to show it can.

Who are you to judge who should and shouldn't be given a second chance? Very shallow of you. And that remark about no vocal ability...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You must not have seen all/alot of his performances. He's one of the few out there who can actually still sing. He cant be easily replaced, because if he could, then it wouldve been done. Hes been out of the spotlight six months...noone has taken his place at all. It's true that there are tons of talented people out there, just saying in the time he's been away noones replaced him at all. Also, he can become a role model after all this as long as 1. it NEVER happens again, 2. He uses it as a chance impact people's lives in a positive way and raise awareness of domestic violence. People assume the cycle of violence cant be stopped, well here's his chance to show it can.

who am I to judge? well the person who started the thread asked us for our judgement. and if I'm not in a position to judge Chris Brown for victimizing a human being, than who you to judge me, thus calling me shallow? It's okay to judge me for having an opinion but it's not okay to judge him for beating the snot out of a woman? That's a pretty heavy double standard.

I have seen Chris Brown's performances. He can dance, very good I might add, but he can not sing any better than Britney Spears can. You could probably find somebody with just as much vocal talent on kareoke night at a bar.

What do you mean nobody replaced him? How many Justin Timberlakes, Usher's, and Neyo's does it take? There are plenty of artists out there to take his place on the billboard, so to say "If he could have been replaced it would have been done." is quite meaningless.

Should his friends and family give him a second chance? Sure, it's an important part of his rehabilitation, but under the circumstances, there is no good reason for the rest of society to put him up on some kind of pedestal. We don't need em, because he brings nothing to the music industry that wont be there without him. They easily find somebody else who can dance, and use the computer to make em sound good, the same way they did with Chris Brown.

And what kind of message do we send to America's youth if we put him up on a pedestal? He's supposed to be a role model. I don't want any children modeling themselves after him.

Does he deserve to eventually be let off probation? Of course, but to put him on some kind of pedestal bringing him millions of dollars and millions of adoring fans? Does he deserve a life better than the millions of Americans who don't beat up on women? Does he deserve no jail time?

Even you know the answer to those questions whether you admit it or not. I don't want young women fantasizing about him either, because it will only make it easier for them to end up in abusive relationships.

who am I to judge? well the person who started the thread asked us for our judgement. and if I'm not in a position to judge Chris Brown for victimizing a human being, than who you to judge me, thus calling me shallow? It's okay to judge me for having an opinion but it's not okay to judge him for beating the snot out of a woman? That's a pretty heavy double standard.

I have seen Chris Brown's performances. He can dance, very good I might add, but he can not sing any better than Britney Spears can. You could probably find somebody with just as much vocal talent on kareoke night at a bar.

What do you mean nobody replaced him? How many Justin Timberlakes, Usher's, and Neyo's does it take? There are plenty of artists out there to take his place on the billboard, so to say "If he could have been replaced it would have been done." is quite meaningless.

Should his friends and family give him a second chance? Sure, it's an important part of his rehabilitation, but under the circumstances, there is no good reason for the rest of society to put him up on some kind of pedestal. We don't need em, because he brings nothing to the music industry that wont be there without him. They easily find somebody else who can dance, and use the computer to make em sound good, the same way they did with Chris Brown.

And what kind of message do we send to America's youth if we put him up on a pedestal? He's supposed to be a role model. I don't want any children modeling themselves after him.

Does he deserve to eventually be let off probation? Of course, but to put him on some kind of pedestal bringing him millions of dollars and millions of adoring fans? Does he deserve a life better than the millions of Americans who don't beat up on women? Does he deserve no jail time?

Even you know the answer to those questions whether you admit it or not. I don't want young women fantasizing about him either, because it will only make it easier for them to end up in abusive relationships.

THUNDERCLAP. but no, we aren't being "practical" if we don't support him and lift him to role model status according to cbmj. haha, who are we to judge? If i judged him as being a great guy and role model would the same be said? So the only opinion that is valid is to say that he should be kept in the same regard he was before? riiiight

dancemasterman, you articulated exactly my thoughts on this.

basically what I'm saying is that all these beats being produced, all these songs being written, and all this work being done on a computer to make him sound like he can sing? Why not just pick somebody else who can dance good and use all that effort on them. It will be just as good. The same thing basically.

They couldn't do that with somebody like Michael Jackson of course, because he's all around rare and freakishly talented. But Chris Brown? The answer for him is "NEXT!"

basically what I'm saying is that all these beats being produced, all these songs being written, and all this work being done on a computer to make him sound like he can sing? Why not just pick somebody else who can dance good and use all that effort on them. It will be just as good. The same thing basically.

They couldn't do that with somebody like Michael Jackson of course, because he's all around rare and freakishly talented. But Chris Brown? The answer for him is "NEXT!"

I agree...there's nothing soooooo unique about him that i'd just want to overlook this monstrosity of an epic fail. Nothing distinguishes his voice from the other "pop"-y boys out there like the ones from B2K or Sammy or whomever. Ugh, and I hate his lisp in Excuse me Miss. That is not good singing.

Michael was a singer, Luther Vandross was a singer, mariah carey is a singer, etc....Chris Brown? he's not so huge of a staple that he will be remembered in 50 years as a legend. Just another commercial product that happened to go sour. I DO love "Take you down" though, I will give him credit for that

I agree...there's nothing soooooo unique about him that i'd just want to overlook this monstrosity of an epic fail. Nothing distinguishes his voice from the other "pop"-y boys out there like the ones from B2K or Sammy or whomever. Ugh, and I hate his lisp in Excuse me Miss. That is not good singing.

Michael was a singer, Luther Vandross was a singer, mariah carey is a singer, etc....Chris Brown? he's not so huge of a staple that he will be remembered in 50 years as a legend. Just another commercial product that happened to go sour. I DO love "Take you down" though, I will give him credit for that

Yeah I like a couple songs, mainly because they had good beats to dance to. But they could easily have found somebody else to sing those songs and it would have been just as good.

imlaughing b/c it reminds me of la toya....fans still don't 'forgive' her for what she did to ANOTHER.

it's not in our power to forgive someone for what they did to someone else. he didn't beat us. he beat her.

what he said was very good and i hope he can be strong enough to make that come to fruition

I hope he does change his ways. I also hope his career is over. You know the average felon commits over a hundred felonies before they are caught for their first offense? Women abusers and child abusers usually abuse countless times before they are finally caught. He's probably been doing this for a long time.

It's sad how people are reacting to this apology. My heart goes out to the victims whom many here are showing little compassion for. If somebody did that to me, I'd hope people reacted differently and instead of defending the abuser, they instead defended the abused, and said "HELL NO WE DONT' TOLERATE THIS!"

Chris Brown is a very cruel human being.

Last edited:

No, you judging the act is fine, its an awful act obviously, but you judging him isnt okay. I wasn't judging you, but i was judging your remarks, because they were shallow. Noone knows what is has/is going through.

If youve actuallly seen and heard Chris Brown's performances, and still think he cant sing, there may be something wrong with your hearing. Britney Spears? He's 100x better than that, no he's not the BEST singer out there but he is VERY talented in that regard. Listen to some acapella by him there's youtube videos of it I'm sure. And name one person whose actually taken his place? No one.

"He's probably been doing this for a long time." There you go again with the unfair assumptions and judgment of his character.

Also He does deserve no jail time, its the standard sentence for a first time offender.

And i don't put him up on a pedestal at all, I'm one of the few who realize he's a human being. But I am willing to give credit where credit is due. He's not a legend or an icon, but hes a very damn talented person, and a kind one as well, and I find it ride that people try to take it away from him with ignorant remarks.

But whatever, people are going to believe what they want.

Last edited:
No, I dont. Why? I think hes only sorry because he was caught. Hitting a woman the way he did is just wrong.

the only people to forgive are those involved.

my personal opinion, i can't imagine why he would go so far. its scary.

people are fucked, our emotions rule us and we do stupid things.

i hope it was a once off thing and that this kind of violence is not ingrained in his being.

i hope he can move forward and become a healthy young man without all this anger.

people are pricks, we push each others buttons and treat each other badly.

we react emotionally and probably regret it afterwards. don't hit anyone!!! period!!!

don't emotionally torment anyone!! period!!! or you might get hit by someone with no self control.

i'm sad that he behaved in this way....that poor woman....i hope he learns a lesson

its so ignorant and stupid how people arent willing to see if he can turn this into a positive. This presents a great opportunity for him. If it happens again well then perhaps he is a "slimy coward", but theres no way in hell you can judge him and make valid points, as obviously you have not taken the time to see who he really is. Oh and age does play a HUGE part in this, because he's still maturing and going through learning experiences. He can now help so many people by sharing the experience and showing how people can overcome. It's so ignorant to just wanna bury him after this, instead of giving him a chance to redeem himself. It's ashame your full of such hatred for someone, cause believe it or not, that brings you down waaay more than it brings him down.

I fail to see how my opinion of this cowardly slimebag hitting a member of the fairer sex can be deemed to be "ignorant" or "stupid". I would wager that Rihanna was frightful for her life or at least health when she was being pounded to a pulp by this young thug.

I was young once, and I had many occassions when I got angry with my wife, but never once did I raise my fists to her. If you feel that need then there is quite simply something wrong in your make up as a person IMO.

He seriously needs help, and as for his reasons for apologising, hmmmm record sales and public image affected were they Chris.....

If you think me not giving him a second chance brings me "down waaay more than it brings him down" then perhaps you should sit and think upon just what you are saying. Almost like you are condoning him beating on a woman. If you want to come across like that it's your look out.

All I know is I ain't the one who beat up a lady.

what's weird cbmj4321 is that your perfectly willing to use terms like ignorant and stupid to describe us but you don't use negative terms to describe Chris Brown. You act like were worse than him when all were guilty of is compassion for Rihanna and other abused women.

Forgiving Chris Brown, giving him a second chance is not the same thing as putting him up on a pedestal as a star. Forgiving him is saying "hey what's up man" and being nice to him. Treating him like a star is something else all together.

Chris who?

If you had asked me a year ago, I could've given you an answer...

Chris Brown is a piece of garbage. I had always viewed his act as generic and derivative of music that's already out there, so his apology makes no difference to me in terms of 'forgiving' him and buying his music.

He strikes me (no pun intended) as an insincere, mealy-mouthed, beedy-eyed, lying, squirming, two-faced turd who simply got caught and is sorry that he got caught.

If you want to buy his music, go ahead good for you, but the thread asked for my opinion and that is it. I also think his career is DEAD, as his name has become more synonymous w/ beating the crap out of a young woman than entertainer, and his notoriety now far eclipses any fame he had from music.

And unlike legends who have been involved in scandals -- Chuck berry, James Brown, Jerry Lee Lewis -- his talent is so minuscule and insignificant that people will neither care nor bother to look beyond what a piece of trash he is to appreciate any art that he may have created.

Further, even if he is sincere and wants redemption, unlike the aforementioned artists, Chris Brown's lack of talent that preceded the incident has simply branded him as toxic where most people, myself include, simply have zero interest in giving him 'a second chance' because we never cared about his work in the first place.

lmao @ throwing a bright music career down the toilet just because you can't control yourself from beating the crap out of the girl who loves you more than anything!

Piece of shit.

CHRIS YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FEEL SORRY FOR THE FEW, ASHAMED FANS YOU MAY HAVE LEFT!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think anyone would feel the same sympathy towards a man who got beaten up by a woman!! I’m just saying. :weight_lift:

It's not for me to forgive Chris Brown, it's for God if he believe in God and RiRi who he beat the crap out of and for himself to deal with forgiveness.

I don’t think anyone would feel the same sympathy towards a man who got beaten up by a woman!! I’m just saying. :weight_lift:

sure i would, especially if he's shorter and smaller in weight, like she was. NO one should be abused, mentally, physically, nor emotionally. it all leads to frigging fucked up individuals

sure u don't hit someone but it's not in us to forgive the act b/c he didn't do it to us. he may have let us down but we cannot forgive. we can see his apology as him trying to change, acknowledging he has a problem, and watch as he tries to move forward.

Not my business to forgive. Can't say I care very much either.. I've never been a fan of his music and never will be, I just knew him as another Michael wannabe.

i don't c him as a micahel wannabe. nor do i see usher as that either.

a lot of wilson and brown fans thought the same about mike. it tookhim YEARS to establish his OWN style. y can't we let those boys/men do the same?

Like others have said here, he didn't do sh*t to me, so fine. It didn't change how I felt about him. Michael wannabe or not, I really don't care.

Back