Can't Let Her Get Away appreciation thread

If there was ever a song that screams 'album filler' it is this song....

It's not quite trash, I'll keep that for the likes of D.S , Monkey Business, If you don't love me, the lost children, privacy etc

She drives me wild is probably the worst song on Dangerous.

All I get from some of these comments in this thread is that people here do not like New Jack Swing or have not heard much of it. Because Can't Let Her Get Away, She Drives Me Wild, and maybe Why You Wanna Trip On Me sound like the most like typical NJS, and not really as "Jacksonized". So if these songs are "filler", then all/most NJS must be "filler" to them. It's like some here are not into The Jackson 5's music or Off The Wall, because they probably not that familiar with the style of music those records contain and can't relate to the arrangements. The same with people here wondering why The Girl Is Mine was the first single from Thriller. Well, that Westcoast sound was popular in the USA at the time. Paul McCartney was still big then too. I would say Girlfriend is kinda Westcoast (or soft rock) sound too, both Wings & Mike's versions. That's another song some people here don't seem to like. Mike's solo albums generally had whatever sound was popular at the time (in the USA). Like Invincible had some neo-soul tracks.

All I get from some of these comments in this thread is that people here do not like New Jack Swing or have not heard much of it. Because Can't Let Her Get Away, She Drives Me Wild, and maybe Why You Wanna Trip On Me sound like the most like typical NJS, and not really as "Jacksonized". So if these songs are "filler", then all/most NJS must be "filler" to them. It's like some here are not into The Jackson 5's music or Off The Wall, because they probably not that familiar with the style of music those records contain and can't relate to the arrangements. The same with people here wondering why The Girl Is Mine was the first single from Thriller. Well, that Westcoast sound was popular in the USA at the time. Paul McCartney was still big then too. I would say Girlfriend is kinda Westcoast (or soft rock) sound too, both Wings & Mike's versions. That's another song some people here don't seem to like. Mike's solo albums generally had whatever sound was popular at the time (in the USA). Like Invincible had some neo-soul tracks.
It starts to seem pretty anti-black tbh. Something about it rubs me the wrong way.

It's doubly ironic how many strong words people have to say about the "fillers" of OTW, Dangerous, and Invincible, when Bruno Mars and so many artists best tracks are usually just subtle recreations/homages of those ideas.

People here simply dislike certain new jack swing songs from the 'Dangerous' album (such as, 'Can't Let Her Get Away', 'She Drives Me Wild'), not most or all of the new jack swing genre.

For example, if you ask these people what they think about some other new jack swing songs from the 'Dangerous' album (such as, 'Remember The Time', 'In The Closet', 'Jam', etc), they will say that these are good songs and certainly not "filler" songs.

[ŠœŠ•Š”Š˜Š=youtube]hv4zr5d2Oj0[/ŠœŠ•Š”Š˜Š] It can be seen that Michael really likes this rhythm. I don't think he considered it filler. This song has always been on my playlist.

It starts to seem pretty anti-black tbh. Something about it rubs me the wrong way.

It's doubly ironic how many strong words people have to say about the "fillers" of OTW, Dangerous, and Invincible, when Bruno Mars and so many artists best tracks are usually just subtle recreations/homages of those ideas.
Hang on a second.....anti-black? šŸ„“

Are you implying that some fans are racist because they're not a fan of a few tracks on Dangerous?

It's not quite trash, I'll keep that for the likes of D.S , Monkey Business, If you don't love me, the lost children, privacy etc

Bullshit.

The only filler here are your posts in this thread.

Hang on a second.....anti-black? šŸ„“

Are you implying that some fans are racist because they're not a fan of a few tracks on Dangerous?
Where did I say that? You don't exactly know what I'm implying.

Even if I was saying that, that's not a condemnation. It's not always malicious.

I've seen a few people not appreciate many of the more rhythmic, dance tunes/soul tinged tunes MJ put out. Admittedly it's not what everyone's used to and I don't expect everyone to just get it. The same way they might not get some heavy, opera tinged ballads or whatever. Everyone has a different palate musically.

Anyway, it isn't racist. Not around here anyway. But it's easy to downplay these things that African American communities put a lot of stock into. Saying disco sucks or the 90s sucks has a lot of that energy. Not even that people have been saying that here. But I've seen the sentiments. And it feels like unlike unless some things entirely saturate society, people like casual dismissals and putting things down.

It just isn't fair people can't appreciate music that sometimes is just fun, and not high art or the greatest ever or whatever.

It's been widely known from not only the MJ community but critics/reviewers all saying the same about those tracks.
ā€œWidely known" ā€“ what a joke. If you use the word ā€œfillerā€ to describe Canā€™t Let Her Getaway and She Drives Me Wild, you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about.

ā€œWidely known" ā€“ what a joke. If you use the word ā€œfillerā€ to describe Canā€™t Let Her Getaway and She Drives Me Wild, you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about.
Those are the weakest songs on the album - the general view on these tracks are that they are filler..

You keep dreaming

Where did I say that? You don't exactly know what I'm implying.

Even if I was saying that, that's not a condemnation. It's not always malicious.

I've seen a few people not appreciate many of the more rhythmic, dance tunes/soul tinged tunes MJ put out. Admittedly it's not what everyone's used to and I don't expect everyone to just get it. The same way they might not get some heavy, opera tinged ballads or whatever. Everyone has a different palate musically.

Anyway, it isn't racist. Not around here anyway. But it's easy to downplay these things that African American communities put a lot of stock into. Saying disco sucks or the 90s sucks has a lot of that energy. Not even that people have been saying that here. But I've seen the sentiments. And it feels like unlike unless some things entirely saturate society, people like casual dismissals and putting things down.

It just isn't fair people can't appreciate music that sometimes is just fun, and not high art or the greatest ever or whatever.
Anti-black though.... MJ is a black artist..if people were racist they would just not listen to him in the first place.

Perhaps it's down to the quality of the songs rather than there being a racial undertone.

Remember the time is new jack swing and is mega popular and rightly so, it's an incredible song. A couple of the others on Dangerous are just not as good as RTM.

Is it so hard to just accept that Michael had some mediocre songs?

What next? Are you gonna come after me with a pitchfork because I don't like the lost children?
Itā€™s your choice of words I take issue with.

Back