Can't Let Her Get Away appreciation thread

Well clearly it's getting a lot of viewership.
I don't think a thread about 50 Cent appearing on an album is that relevant though, since I don't think he even really does music much anymore. He's mostly acting now. 50 did perform at Dr. Dre's Superbowl halftime show last year.

I don't think a thread about 50 Cent appearing on an album is that relevant though, since I don't think he even really does music much anymore. He's mostly acting now. 50 did perform at Dr. Dre's Superbowl halftime show last year.
Ok, maybe I've done too many because I had to think about what we were talking about.

It's mostly relevant because 50 was a big goofball lol.

Yeah but @Agonum can't keep pressing him just because we don't like his dogmatic tone. I get it, but why fill the thread up like that, with arguing?

Inflammatory language is against the rules probably, so that would include fighting and arguing unnecessarily.
I get provoked by the kind of language that is exemplifed by @BuffaloBill87. I don’t have an agenda to press anyone.

I get provoked by the kind of language that is exemplifed by @BuffaloBill87. I don’t have an agenda to press anyone.
The issue I have with you is that I wasn't even speaking to you in the first place.

I was interacting with another poster. You then decided to attack me personally with the comments you made and things escalated from there.

If I want to call a song shite or filler it is my choice. It is not for you to attack me for it. I'm not trying to insult anyone.

If you have strong feelings for certain tracks then good for you , I have no objection to it and have never done.

However, I will not stand for personal attacks. If anyone wishes to get personal I will rightly defend myself.

The issue I have with you is that I wasn't even speaking to you in the first place.

I was interacting with another poster. You then decided to attack me personally with the comments you made and things escalated from there.
You do realize you’re on a public thread, right? I haven’t attacked you, but rather your posts.

Lately this part of the site is starting to turn into Prince.org Jr or Lipstick Alley.
d80cfdccfce5d90fc48d29fffd24f7e26217e42b.gif

Janet Jackson's 'Control' album is actually a more new jack swing album than her next 'Rhythm Nation 1814' album, or than the 'Dangerous' album.

In her 'Control' album, all the songs are new jack swing songs (with the exception of the 2 ballads).
I've never heard of Control being referred to as a New Jack Swing album. Only 2 or 3 songs on it could even be considered as having the New Jack sound. I think the first record officially called NJS was Keith Sweat's debut album in 1987. One of the first songs I recall as having the NJS sound is Alice by Full Force from 1985. Maybe The Show by Doug E. Fresh (also from 1985), but that had more of a straight go-go beat.

I wonder what Mike doing a Latin Freestyle song would have been like.

The Jacksons performed a fabulous rendition of Can't Let Her Get Away on their reunion tour(s) following Michael's death. The live band brings the song to life and highlights the funky James Brown vibe, somewhat masked by the mechanical production of the original.

Worth checking out for those who haven't heard it!

MJJC Rules and Guidelines for Posting:

MJJCommunity.com rules and guidelines are subject to change at any time. When changes are made to the rules, staff will post updates to inform MJJC members.

The following posts, signatures, and/or behaviours are NOT allowed on MJJCommunity:

1. Derogatory name-calling, personal insults/attacks, the confrontational questioning of fanhood or integrity, or antagonizing or bullying remarks directed at staff, other members, or MJJCommunity as a whole

2. Mean-spirited, overly aggressive, antagonizing, hateful, sexually aggressive, vulgar, or obscene remarks and/or advances, and stalking or harassment of any kind directed at staff or other members

3. Derogatory or mocking remarks about race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, or sexual orientation

4. Threats or promotion of violence, bodily harm, or death threats toward anyone

5. Religious or faith-related debates; this is out of respect and protection of the personal beliefs of staff and members; however, discussion among believers of any religion/faith is allowed

6. Threats or promotion of violence, bodily harm, death threats, hateful attacks, or derogatory name-calling regarding the extended family and/or children of Michael Jackson.

17. Overly explicit language and excessive use of swear/curse words. Adult conversation can be wild and fun, but remember that we have young members here. This is a family-oriented board, so please try to keep your language at a PG-13 level and cursing at a minimum.

18. Posts that derail threads or are not relevant to discussions. Please do not derail threads. If you are not interested in or do not like a topic that is being discussed, then do not enter the thread just to bash the topic and/or insult members interested in discussing it. Do not post phrases that do not bring value to the discussion like, “Who cares,” “Not interested,” “Who gives a f---,” et cetera.

Please be advised of and adhere to all of the following:

MJJC staff has the final say: MJJC staff reserves the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread or post and take appropriate actions to ensure MJJCommunity forums are not disrupted and abused in any way. If you disagree with or have questions about an action that staff has taken, it is okay to have a civil discussion with a staff member through private messaging (PM) about that action. After all, staff members are human, too and sometimes make mistakes. We encourage you to come forward and make your opinions known. However, any arguing or taking such conversations publicly to the open forum may result in disciplinary action. Respect the decisions of staff members.

I've never heard of Control being referred to as a New Jack Swing album. Only 2 or 3 songs on it could even be considered as having the New Jack sound. I think the first record officially called NJS was Keith Sweat's debut album in 1987. One of the first songs I recall as having the NJS sound is Alice by Full Force from 1985. Maybe The Show by Doug E. Fresh (also from 1985), but that had more of a straight go-go beat.

I wonder what Mike doing a Latin Freestyle song would have been like.
'Alice, I Want You Just For Me!' (by Full Force) was actually the song that inspired Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis to give later such a new jack swing sound to the 'Control' album.

So, the 'Control' album is basically a new jack swing album.

Just to clarify, the confrontation that I've had with Agonum was started by him and he has since attempted to bully me and made me feel very unwelcome on this forum.

Mister_Jay_Tee made a comment in the top 5 least favourite MJ songs and posted that they forgot how much they hated monkey business.

I replied to them and stated that I agreed and that the song was utter sh*te (in my view) - that's all I said but it was enough for Agonum to start attacking me on a personal level.

My choice of words could have perhaps been better. However, I was not replying to them (Agonum) therefore I didn't think it was appropriate for them to single me out.

They have subsequently decided continue this tit for tat nonsense and I've also not backed down.

I apologise to the other posters( not him)

I would like the mods to be aware that I want him to back off me immediately. I'm not blocking anyone, I just want them to back down.

Please respect my wishes and let's get back to real MJ talk.

Can't Let Her Get Away and She Drives Me Wild is to me the worst songs on Dangerous…I havent played them in many years.
Some other songs from Dangerous was played in my house just a few days ago.

Can't Let Her Get Away and She Drives Me Wild is to me the worst songs on Dangerous…I havent played them in many years.
Some other songs from Dangerous was played in my house just a few days ago.
Be very very careful what you say about those songs..... I completely agree btw

wait, I thought this was the "CLHGA" appreciation thread. How'd this whole argument even start in the first place?

wait, I thought this was the "CLHGA" appreciation thread. How'd this whole argument even start in the first place?
Pretty much any site, there's gonna be people who can't follow the rules or maybe don't understand the thread title. They could have just as easily made their own diss thread if they wanna talk about not liking this song. There's a lot of "I don't like the Invincible album" threads here to prove it. :ROFLMAO: There's a topic on the first page of this section called Your top 5 LEAST fave MJ solo songs (Motown excluded). Yet some folks wanna ruin this one.

If you are not interested in or do not like a topic that is being discussed, then do not enter the thread just to bash the topic and/or insult members interested in discussing it. Do not post phrases that do not bring value to the discussion like, “Who cares,” “Not interested,” “Who gives a f---,” et cetera.

Slag off Can’t Let Her Get Away all you like (it’s not actually as bad as I remember but it’s the most forgettable song of his except for some on Invincible) but leave She Drives Me Wild out of this conversation. It’s got car horns!

Slag off Can’t Let Her Get Away all you like (it’s not actually as bad as I remember but it’s the most forgettable song of his except for some on Invincible) but leave She Drives Me Wild out of this conversation. It’s got car horns!
she drives me wild enjoyers when they hear car noises:

I'm going to be dreadfully alone again with my opinion but remember the time is my least appreciated effort on Dangerous

This would be my ratings of the songs, there is literally not a bad song in the entire tracklist.

Jam 5/5
WYWTOM 4/5
In the Closet 5/5
She drives me wild 4/5
RTT 3/5
CLHGA 5/5
Heal the world 5/5
Black or white 5/5
Who is it 5/5
Give in to me 5/5
WYBT 5/5
Keep the faith 3/5
Gone too Soon 5/5
Dangerous 5/5

Last edited:
I'm going to be dreadfully alone again with my opinion but remember the time is my least appreciated effort on Dangerous

This would be my ratings of the songs, there is literally not a bad song in the entire tracklist.

Jam 5/5
WYWTOM 4/5
In the Closet 5/5
She drives me wild 4/5
RTT 3/5
CLHGA 5/5
Heal the world 5/5
Black or white 5/5
Who is it 5/5
Give in to me 5/5
WYBT 5/5
Keep the faith 3/5
Gone too Soon 5/5
Dangerous 5/5
A 3/5 for Remember the Time is quite surprising, but it's a good list beyond that. Personally, I believe Heal the World and Gone Too Soon, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, She Drives Me Wild, and Give In To Me are all the weakest links of Dangerous, though by no means shall I say they're totally unlistenable or even all that bad.

Last edited:
A 3/5 for Remember the Time is quite surprising, but it's a good list beyond that. Personally, I believe Heal the World and Gone Too Soon, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, She Drives Me Wild, and Give In To Me are all the weaket links of Dangerous, though by no means shall I say they're totally unlistenable or even all that bad.
It’s my formative album basically, not a weak link in sight. I listened to this daily when I was 10 and it didn’t stop until HIStory came out 3 years later. Fond memories of me in my bedroom blasting it loud.
HIStory did not have the same impact, it couldn’t be after listening to Dangerous non stop for years.

To be fair RTT deserves a 4 as well. It is either way the song I losten to the least from the album. When I was young I never skipped a track but now I do.

Last edited:
I like the song, like a lot of the tracks on Dangerous it's crisp but has quite the thump still. Teddy really worked his magic on those NJS tracks. Don't think it's amazing but I wouldn't call anything on that album bad or unenjoyable.

Another day of Appreciating this song. In the appreciation thread.

Please do not fight, in the appreciation thread. And if you don't like the song, kick rocks.

Back