Cascio songs: The doubters have a thead, the believers have a thread, what about the rest of us?

Breaking News was over-processed by Sony when they tried to put it on the master and trying to put the song on a website. This is why you heard Michael's voice sound muffled when it was first released on the website. From what I have heard the producers went back and corrected Sony's mistake. The song on the album is suppose to be much better.

I thought "Keep Your Head Up" was Michael the first time I heard it. I've been a fan for almost 30 yrs, and I know Michael doesn't always sound the same on every song. He has an amazing vocal range and can change it up depending on what kind of song he is singing. I also take into account that these are not finalized songs of Michael, so my expectation wasn't high to begin with that it would be a polished Michael Jackson product like we've received in the past when Michael was alive. I have come to accept this. I know some fans are still having that trouble accepting Michael isn't here and that anything we get in the future that Michael sang on will not be finalized products of his.

Breaking News was over-processed by Sony when they tried to put it on the master and trying to put the song on a website. This is why you heard Michael's voice sound muffled when it was first released on the website. From what I have heard the producers went back and corrected Sony's mistake. The song on the album is suppose to be much better.

I thought "Keep Your Head Up" was Michael the first time I heard it. I've been a fan for almost 30 yrs, and I know Michael doesn't always sound the same on every song. He has an amazing vocal range and can change it up depending on what kind of song he is singing. I also take into account that these are not finalized songs of Michael, so my expectation wasn't high to begin with that it would be a polished Michael Jackson product like we've received in the past when Michael was alive. I have come to accept this. I know some fans are still having that trouble accepting Michael isn't here and that anything we get in the future that Michael sang on will not be finalized products of his.

I really really hope what you said about Breaking News is true. My problem with the song has always been manipulation of the vocals. They manage to turn the vocals into something inrecognizable.

I'm not anti anybody. I trust my ears. When I heard Breaking News streamed from the website, I disliked what i heard.

I'll buy the album becasue of Hold My Hand and Much Too Soon. I don't mind paying $10 for just Much Too Soon. The song is breathtakingly beautiful.

I hope the sound of the Cascio Tracks are corrected just like what you said.

I want to wait and hear the actual album. No snippets or leaks. Everyone should listen to the whole album and make their final decision on how they feel about it.

Meh.. I'll just leave my two cents:

I don't think it's MJ singing in BN

I think it's MJ singing in all the rest..

So yeah, not torn, this thread isn't for me I guess? :S

MJTLS, you are very upbeat in your posts, and I like that. I am hoping that the positive outlook you gave is a reality; it will certainly make all of us very happy. In about a week we will all know.

Well I finally heard Much too soon and Keep your head. I love the first one, I got goosebumps listening to it, it's definitely him but I'm kinda split about the second one. The falsetto is a bit too high even for Mike...
At the same time I realize that we haven't heard Mike sing in years and I know he was always trying new things,wanting to improve his art and voice and always surprise ppl.
That's why first time I heard BN I was shocked that the voice was so low...and kinda weird. Only after I came on here and saw that ppl were saying it's fake did that thought cross my mind. Then I couldn't help feeling bad thinking what if it is him, what if this is the 'new' music he had been working on and maybe planning to release one day and we are calling it horrible and fake?
Dunno, I've been going back and forth in my head about it and I still don't know, I keep hoping that when I hear the album everything will be clear, even though the seed of doubt has been placed in all of us here now. Kinda sad really.

I'm undecided about BN too. Imo, if the family had even 5% doubt it was Mike, this song (and the other 2 causing concern) should never have been included in the album. Sony shouldn't have had to hire independent forensic analysts to decifer if it was or wasn't him. The doubt was clearly there for some parties before the fans joined in the debate. As soon as doubt was raised, they should have picked 3 other tracks from the supposedly vast library. The excitement of the new album has been taken away to a degree because of this and I just think there was never any need for it.

I am wishful thinking... if they can come up with something to (if ever possible!) 100 % proove that Cascio tracks are Michael (except what is credited as Porte and/or backupsingers)... all hell will break loose and in the end the album will be ("almost") a THRILLER!

I'm undecided too. What I find odd most of all is that it shouldn't be hard for the Cascios to prove MJ did record those songs : all they would have to do is give detailed info on how it all went down. Like, "Ok we had those songs written with MJ in mind, which is why the lyrics sound Michael-ish even though he didn't write them. And MJ accepted to lay down a rough guide vocal for our songs, but our equipment isn't state-of-the-art. So what we did was we took those vocals and added James Porte as a back-up, and meshed and mixed the two, and that's why they sound a bit strange".

But they haven't given ANY information of the sort. And Teddy Riley resorts to arguments like "I feel in my heart it's MJ". Well, feelings aren't enough, but detailed info would be, in my case.

The Oprah show would be a great opportunity to set the record straight.

I will say one thing though : a lot of people are saying now that BN and Monster are bad songs, no matter who sings them. Well, I think that if there was no doubt over who sings them, all of those fans would claim they are great MJ tracks. I personally think they're not worse than most of the stuff on Invincible.

Back