Cascio songs: The doubters have a thead, the believers have a thread, what about the rest of us?

MattyJam

Guests
I feel very torn on the subject and don't understand how some fans can feel so sure one way or the other.

I'm not going to just jump on the bandwagon and go screaming fake just because it's the popular consensus by a lot of fans. The truth is, KYHU sounds very much like Michael Jackson. If it isn't him, then somebody is doing an awfully good job at making it sound like him. But the element of doubt remains. Unless the Cascio's come forward and offer something in the way of evidence then I'm not sure I will ever be able to accept these songs as legit.

I just keep thinking, it'd be such a shame if these songs really were Michael's vocals... (which is a possibility).
progress.gif

I agree with you, i think KYHU is Michael as well, but there's also doubt that it's not him, all thanks to the Breaking News fiasco. They've also lied to people saying it's 100% Michael Jackson when it's not 100% MJ at all. And i still don't believe its MJ on the lead vocals. I agree with you on that it will probably remain forever this way...always doubt these songs. Even if it IS MJ on Breaking News, there's a reason why he never released it or why it was so unfinished. And i highly doubt MJ would approve of this, putting such a song on the album. Where they had to mess with the sound to make it sound 'good' , those songs shouldn't have been on it in the first place. But they were so determined to do so. So even if its Michael, the fans are not to blame who don't believe this. The people who messed with it, who stacked the vocals and what not. I highly doubt the Cascio's will show any real evidence.

Probably many people are torn and undecided, but perhaps just leaning towards one or other opinion. I have only listened to BN, and based on that I'm very sceptical about those Cascio songs...

At the moment I really don't feel like supporting the album if there are three controversial songs on it, I'd rather buy just the other tracks. But I admit I'm hoping for a miracle to happen...that all those songs on "Michael" turn out to sound like Michael from the first beat on :angel:

It's been a long wait and I hate not being excited about the new album because of BN :(

Yes, i agree with you. I am very torn and undecided about what to believe myself. I´ve also started to doubt my own judgement ability considering MJ´s voice. I mean, before this whole scandal I was so sure that I could recognize MJ´s voice everywhere, and that MJ had such a unique voice that it was impossible for anyone else to copy it - and therefore no problem to reveal anything fake. But... this would very much turn out to be much more difficult than I had ever imagined. What I simply don´t understand is why in the world noone has asked Seth Riggs about this, or if they have asked him why his answers haven´t been revealed? If there is ONE person I trust when it comes to Michael Jackson´s voice it is Seth Riggs. I am sure that he knows his voice better than anyone - including ALL of the producers he has worked with AND his family. Seth trained him for Gods´s sake! So my opinion is; unless the Cascio´s have proof of MJ recording the stuff, the only way for me to be 100 % sure is if Seth Riggs had given his judgement. I would trust him.

However, I must say that I really like the song Breaking News itself, and if I had known it was MJ singing I had loved it. But all this controversy really has ruined a lot of the fun and the excitement which always used to follow up to a new MJ album. Really sad but... OF COURSE I will buy the album!!!!!

I have moments when I go back and forth, though I lean toward thinking neither are him. For me, I initially heard more Michaelish-ness in KYHU than BN, but upon further listening, I think the lead vocals on both tracks are sung by the same person because of the fast vibrato at the end of phrases. I can't find examples of Michael having such a wide and fast vibrato (when I say wide, I mean pitch variation; when I say fast, I mean the speed of the tonal fluctuations). I DON'T think this could be caused by different recording equipment, but I think it's within the realm of possibility that the singer's voice was not properly warmed up, or he was straining or singing differently on purpose.... yet that makes more sense on ONE track, not two tracks which seems too coincidental.

Overall I find a lot of similarity between the lead vox on these two tracks, and with the short snippet of Monster. I am 99% sure I would think this if I had no information on any of the producers.

I agree with you, i think KYHU is Michael as well, but there's also doubt that it's not him, all thanks to the Breaking News fiasco. They've also lied to people saying it's 100% Michael Jackson when it's not 100% MJ at all. And i still don't believe its MJ on the lead vocals. I agree with you on that it will probably remain forever this way...always doubt these songs. Even if it IS MJ on Breaking News, there's a reason why he never released it or why it was so unfinished. And i highly doubt MJ would approve of this, putting such a song on the album. Where they had to mess with the sound to make it sound 'good' , those songs shouldn't have been on it in the first place. But they were so determined to do so. So even if its Michael, the fans are not to blame who don't believe this. The people who messed with it, who stacked the vocals and what not. I highly doubt the Cascio's will show any real evidence.

Agree. BN is not Michael Jackson on the lead vocals only on backgrounds and I'm feeling kinda strange and confused listening to this song (btw, the song is good :yes:!). Even my 8-year old daughter keeps saying this is not Michael or this voice is "strange" while she has been listening to Michael's voice since she was born and even earlier.

I do believe KYHU is Michael, although I hear some strange sounds here too :scratch:. Let's wait untill 6th December maybe Cascios will clear up the situation :mello:.

Even if somebody would approve it IS REAL MJ (although I highly doubt about it) on BN, I wouldn't blame myself, cause the song is too over processed.

Surely this is just another thread for the "I don't believe in the album" supporters!?

It's just being 'dressed up' as a 'balanced' viewpoint when it isn't.

How many more anti-'Michael' threads are we going to allow on here before the mods merge them all?

(shakes head)

Surely this is just another thread for the "I don't believe in the album" supporters!?

How many more anti-'Michael' threads are we going to allow on here before the mods merge them all?

(shakes head)

:yes:

I was about to post the very same thing. Most of the posters seem to have made up their mind..or at the very least are leaning toward Fake vocals.

This thread should be merged with the "fake vocal" one.

Semantics.

He did not finish it ,so in that case they should give us only demo of it as "in the back" in the ultimate collection 2004.
His demos are much better than what Sony will release or finish with such bullshit artist James poter or Jason Malachi or whatever he is.
On the hand ,Michael has almost 120 songs in his agenda ,evey album he recorded between 120 songs ,why they just release what he already finished?
l'm sorry l am fan of Michael not Sony ,l prefer to hear 15 seconds of Michael voice rather than mix his voice with someone else.

With the Love

For me no one has shown real proof that is not Michael. All this came up on twitter. I haven't seen anyone try to stop the album from being released either. It's all just opinions either side of it. I wonder if anyone would have doubts if the doubts were not placed in our heads in the first place. I am waiting to get the album and go with how I feel on it.

In defence to the OP, I don't think it was his intention to start another 'i think it's fake vocals' thread....Read his first post, clearly he's stating he's in the middle somewhere...So as long as you read the thread title, I think it's pretty clear...lol....

I'm the same...I'm torn...Don't really know what to believe until I hear a 'final version'....BN does sound like there's some Mike in there for sure...and KYHU, I'm not sure...I heard bits and pieces here and there that sound like it could be him....But I haven't listened to it since it leaked, and that was what, 3 weeks ago? So, I'm just quietly standing by to see what will happen...

I am torn as well. I believe that KYHU is not all Michael either, but there is much more of him on that song than BN, that song is just a mess. I cannot hear Michael for the life of me, and it is not because of what the Jacksons are saying. I didn't even pay much attention to them when they were saying the song wasn't him before it was released.

I am going to buy the album, but my excitement about it is very low right now.

from the last time i checked of the final vote 42% say its mike and 43% say not

the rest of the 13% are unsure.

to have the majority not believe its michael's/unsure if it's michael it complete BS to me.

100% of michael's fans should believe it is all fully Michael on the tracks. and yet, it's the dang minority

im undecided on this myself. i wish mike was here, man

I'm cool with this thread! "BN" is the one I say is not MJ on Lead vocals, KYHU sounds more like him then BN but, at other times sound like the same person singing BN because the voice sounds different, the vibrato is all over the place, over done! Monster is the only one (from that little snippet I heard) that sound like it can be him? Cause of the pronunciation of some words! But, I would have to listen to the entire song! Either way I like all the songs, just the vocals are the questionable parts!

I think there is nothing wrong to express are feelings! Some who are not sure are still buying the album and I'm sure some who think all 3 tracks are fake are also going to buy it cause they wanna support the album for the 7 non Casio tracks or download what they like from itunes! So it's something! Doesn't mean we can't view our concerns and are against MJ! That's ridiculous! When many of the same people bought the MJ game and the DVD box set! So I ask in what way are they messing up his legacy or in a conspiracy?! lol SMH

(shakes head)

Did you actually read my original post?

This is a thread for people who are undecided. I really don't know whether it's him or not.

Sometimes I'm convinced it is Michael's vocals and other times I feel less certain.

It seems so many fans are hellbent on having a strong opinion one way or the other but I know there are a lot of fans out there who are just as confused by this whole thing as I am.

Who would ever have thought we'd seriously be discussing this? It's a very disappointing and sad turn of events....

I'm pretty confident KYHU is all Michael. I don't feel that way with BN, but I like the song, and I know Michael is on it, and I know why they did what they did with it, IF they did anything at all. Many of you don't understand that you can't have an album full of demos and release it to the public, it just doesn't work that way, especially in this age.

i went from thinking bn was him to its not and back again now i just dont really care which i know is kinda wrong but there are so many great mj songs that one songs just not a big deal the other songs i havent heard so i cant judge but im sure 50 cent wouldnt work on a fake

Another thing is, people can claim it's Malachi, Porte, B.Howard, etc. But no one has come up with any proof to back their claim. Of course no such proof exists on either side, but at least Sony claims their was a forensic analysis, as opposed to a made up one from the MJFrance boards.

^^I get you, but it would be more valuable to me if the experts that you mention demonstrate what percent of the song includes Michael's vocals. I do not think they would put a song on the album which does not include his vocals, but I am curious as to how much of Michael is in it. What do you think?

Porte's voice is very similar to that one singing on BN, even if Michael is singing on the lead vocals, it's less than 50 %, cause there are many places on the song with total different pronunciation and vibrato.
I've made my preorder and waiting for album cause there are 7 other good songs on it. Also I love KYHU. Still don't have my opinion about Monster.

Porte's voice is very similar to that one singing on BN, even if Michael is singing on the lead vocals, it's less than 50 %, cause there are many places on the song with total different pronunciation and vibrato.
I've made my preorder and waiting for album cause there are 7 other good songs on it. Also I love KYHU. Still don't have my opinion about Monster.

James is singing background vocal that is why you hear him in the song.

^^I get you, but it would be more valuable to me if the experts that you mention demonstrate what percent of the song includes Michael's vocals. I do not think they would put a song on the album which does not include his vocals, but I am curious as to how much of Michael is in it. What do you think?

You're right, and they should, I just don't think it's likely they'll do so.

And after listening to Exotic dancer on more than one occasion, James Porte sounds nothing like the lead vocals on BN.

This is a thread for people who are undecided. I really don't know whether it's him or not.

Sometimes I'm convinced it is Michael's vocals and other times I feel less certain.

I am glad you started this thread because there are many of us who are undecided and haven't staked out a position yet. I have no agenda as far as believing the lead vocals on BN are or aren't Michael and I have no interest in trying to convince anyone else of my opinion. I have doubts that it is Michael, but I really hope that there is proof that it is him. I like the song. I would enjoy it more if I knew without a doubt that it was him.

I thank God for the Wonderful Gift of Michael Jackson's new
album "Michael".
"Hold My Hand" :trytobeangel

Personally i'm a believer that when its Michael, you know without a doubt. You just sense it!

If there is any doubt then I believe its more than likely not him. I guess thats how some of us can be so sure.

I'm personally glad there is this thread, so people can speak without having to a take a specific side. It's not "anti-'Michael'" (not against Michael the artist or "MICHAEL" the album) -- I think it's worthwhile to analyze and discuss. There is much to talk about, and this vocals issue has turned out to be one of the most pressing and discussable topics. I realize the discussion is mostly opinion, conjecture or at best educated hypothesis; only the creators of the tracks know facts. I am always interested to hear other fan's viewpoints and why they think as they do.

Personally i'm a believer that when its Michael, you know without a doubt. You just sense it!

If there is any doubt then I believe its more than likely not him. I guess thats how some of us can be so sure.

the songs that you have heard of Michael's are finished products. Even the demos that he released on the boxset were worked on enough to be put on an album. I didn't see those songs as really raw.

Michael didn't go full out when he was rehearsing for the TII tour in the movie. Some people were against it because it showed MJ not being a perfectionist. He was half-stepping through most of it, but it showed us a new insight to him.

With these raw demo songs that he worked with the Cascios in late 2007 after he came back from the Middle East/Ireland after going through one of the worst times in his life 2003-2005, you get to know that he had a process of how he created his songs. He didn't just go in the studio and sing them on the 1st session, process it and release it. He laid the ground work, the structure of the song the first few times then would go back and sing the song over and add structure to it. Sadly, he was unable to finish these songs. Does this mean what he was working on in the last years of his life should be left in storage for eternity? I think if the album was full of raw demo songs, the fans would be arguing about that as well. It would also only appeal to hardcore MJ fans. The sales would be extremely low and the media would deem the 1st album after Michael's death a failure which fans would then be griping over that. You just can't please everyone.

Another thing is, people can claim it's Malachi, Porte, B.Howard, etc. But no one has come up with any proof to back their claim. Of course no such proof exists on either side, but at least Sony claims their was a forensic analysis, as opposed to a made up one from the MJFrance boards.

James is singing background vocal that is why you hear him in the song.

Like you say at least Sony and the estate separately have forensic evidence that it is MJ. It's pretty good evidence for me. I have to admit I had to carefully listen to the song, but even so that first time I knew it was Michael, and on KYHU, I literally cried with excitement because it was so beautiful and it was Michael all the way.

From what I've been reading, it seems to me that most ppl really do like BN. You are just on the fence because of the doubt on the vocals which is a shame. I really hope you guys get your answers soon and really get to enjoy this album.

BTW,it is so nice to come to a thread where we can have civilized conversation about a touchy subject. I think most of you here, will still buy the album and support Michael. I haven't seen any anti Sony rants so hopefully that will continue.

Go Michael! And let's hope the Cascio's provide the resolution some of you are seeking. :yes:

Michael didn't go full out when he was rehearsing for the TII tour in the movie. Some people were against it because it showed MJ not being a perfectionist. He was half-stepping through most of it, but it showed us a new insight to him.

With these raw demo songs that he worked with the Cascios in late 2007 after he came back from the Middle East/Ireland after going through one of the worst times in his life 2003-2005, you get to know that he had a process of how he created his songs. He didn't just go in the studio and sing them on the 1st session, process it and release it. He laid the ground work, the structure of the song the first few times then would go back and sing the song over and add structure to it. Sadly, he was unable to finish these songs. Does this mean what he was working on in the last years of his life should be left in storage for eternity? I think if the album was full of raw demo songs, the fans would be arguing about that as well. It would also only appeal to hardcore MJ fans. The sales would be extremely low and the media would deem the 1st album after Michael's death a failure which fans would then be griping over that. You just can't please everyone.

We have heard plenty of demo's from him, and there has never been any doubt that its him on those.

Even on the Mexico Deposition in 1993, the main had just had surgery on his mouth and sang 'The Girl Is Mine'. He sounded perfect.

Anyway, i'm not saying anymore on this in here. This is a thread for people who havent made their minds up.

Sadly, he was unable to finish these songs. Does this mean what he was working on in the last years of his life should be left in storage for eternity? I think if the album was full of raw demo songs, the fans would be arguing about that as well. It would also only appeal to hardcore MJ fans. The sales would be extremely low and the media would deem the 1st album after Michael's death a failure which fans would then be griping over that. You just can't please everyone.

You are right. You can never please everybody all of the time, least the MJ fans who I'm beginning to find out are very demanding - wow - maybe Michael spoiled the fans too much. he he

Back