Chris Cornell Billie Jean Cover

I was a huge Audioslave fan. This is how you successfully batter, rape and murder a song.

He took out the "jelly" of it and made it into some whiney "alternetive" song. Billie Jean without rhythm? No, thank you.

Last edited:
You guys understand a cover of a song is best when the artist interprets it in a different way, right?
Otherwise, it's just karaoke.

I was a huge Audioslave fan. This is how you successfully batter, rape and murder a song.

And you're not any more because he covered billie jean?

You guys understand a cover of a song is best when the artist interprets it in a different way, right?

Yes we are aware. But people can like or dislike an interpretation.

Last edited:
Love how we bandy around words like 'batter', 'rape' & 'murder' when talking about a bloody cover version.

Talk about being desensitised.

Personally, I like this. Puts it in a totally different genre that makes it almost incomparable.

Really got into it when David Cook did it on American Idol.

I like David Cook's version too. And I usually cringe in pain when others try to sing Michael's songs.

I prefer what Chris has done with his bands, Sound Garden and Audio Slave. I think his solo career didn't go too well, that version is absolutely horrendous but I like how nice Chris spoke of Michael (after the trial btw.) The symphonic versions I've heard have captured the essence of the song and the rhythm better IMO.

I haven't watched singing contests in years, I'll need to look for David Cook, I don't even know who he is.

Love how we bandy around words like 'batter', 'rape' & 'murder' when talking about a bloody cover version.

Talk about being desensitised.

Personally, I like this. Puts it in a totally different genre that makes it almost incomparable.

Really got into it when David Cook did it on American Idol.

Don't be so sensitive.

I prefer what Chris has done with his bands, Sound Garden and Audio Slave. I think his solo career didn't go too well, that version is absolutely horrendous but I like how nice Chris spoke of Michael (after the trial btw.) The symphonic versions I've heard have captured the essence of the song and the rhythm better IMO.

Funnily enough, he did an album with Timbaland that I remember being absolutely horrific. Wasn't too big a fan of soundgarden or any of his solo work but by god Audioslave were f*ckin unreal

And you're not any more because he covered billie jean?

God, no no you've taken me up wrong there! I liked Audioslave, and liked You Know My Name but anything since then hasn't really been my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Back