Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

Don't really celebrate Easter or Christmas although my church does :-S Christmas is just a holiday as is Easter for my mother & I.

I thank God for the amazing friends I have -- at college and at home. I saw quite a few of them today, and it meant everything to me to hear from one of my friends that I looked a lot happier than I did last year. :)

Great, Jaye!

And we also have a host of wonderful friends in this thread.

I love you all!!!

please can anyone tell me more about the anointing of the Holy Spirit ?

that's when The Holy Spirit enters into a human being, who has called upon Jesus, by name. (and that's how the soul is saved). a person isn't supposed to try to do the work of God, until the Holy Spirit enters into them. here is a passage about it. usually, prayer is the key to having Him enter.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV1&byte=4870983

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

I thank God for the amazing friends I have -- at college and at home. I saw quite a few of them today, and it meant everything to me to hear from one of my friends that I looked a lot happier than I did last year. :)

That's wonderful to hear. Keep it up :) Friendship truly is a treasure. We may not always have the time to spend with all our friends and we may not see them or talk to them nearly enough (Lord knows i gots quite some debts when it comes to dat; someday imma end up payin' interest on them lol), but it is amazing to know you got people near and far wishing you well.

I love you all!!!

Love ya too.

oursoncaddiecoeurs.jpg

*takes hearts out of the cart one by one and hands out to everyone*

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Great so far. :happy:

God bless you everyone.

Hey Shabuya. Nice to see you here!

Hi. I hope everyone's doing okay. Bless.

Had a God moment.
My mom and I were talking about my problem and she was telling me how the things I did are in the past and you have to move on because they're in the past. She was flipping through channels on TV and she stopped on one where Joel Osteen was preaching. He was preaching about the exact thing that my mom was telling me and more. But it was stuff I needed to hear. I was freaked out!!! That's the first time that something like that has happened to me. God works in mysterious ways.

I also feel like God might be wanting me to help women and girls who have been in the same situation as me with domestic abuse and depression, etc, along with being a teacher and working with children. I feel it for some reason.

Last edited:

Jaye, you may have found your calling in terms on where to serve the Lord. And Dark, nice to see you.

Saying hi to all, as always!!!

I also feel like God might be wanting me to help women and girls who have been in the same situation as me with domestic abuse and depression, etc, along with being a teacher and working with children. I feel it for some reason.

That sounds like a worthwhile calling. I'm sure you'll do well if you follow it.

Jaye, you may have found your calling in terms on where to serve the Lord. And Dark, nice to see you.

Saying hi to all, as always!!!

Hi there!!:D Bless.:)

Great go for it! God wanted me to do the same thing. Spoken at a high school & primary about depression, anxiety & abuse. Went very well.

Mum & I moved home last November & had to find a new church. One Sunday morning I just got up yelled to mum "i'm going to church" & was out the door. Was heading to the Presbyterian but I was early so continued walking saw a sign "All Nations Christian Centre". Im a nanny to all nations so I was drawn. As I walked to the gate of the hall a bunch of gorgeous African children were handing me flyers through the gate. One lil girl reminded me of the one of the children I nanny. I was seated down the front & opened flyer. While reading came across "2 helpers need Sunday School". I was kinda worried cause they didn't know me at the Church but I went up to the Sunday School teacher & asked. She pretty much said great start next week. So since this time in Feb I've been assistant Sunday School Teacher the children can be good lol but get bored very quickly. Its great though. The children have warmed up to me now & when i'm away i'm very missed. They are so beautiful all African except 1 who's a latte child.

Sister Tommi: Can anyone tell me what's a difference between heaven & earth?
Rebeca (Pastor's daughter): Peace in Heaven
Joshua (Pastor's son): Macca's
Lol they come out with the funniest & strangest things

If God speaks to you, DO it. You never know the people you meet & the friends you make.
Don't ignore him which I did over & over again.

This is my youtube have a videos of Watoto childrens choir & my Sunday school munchkins singing :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrissyBrown85

Hey Shabuya. Nice to see you here!

Good to be here :) Ya know what? At the same marketplace where i got them hearts, they were also selling some packs of a thing called hope and some bottles of something named faith. Funny lil' store, right? :cheeky:

Had a God moment.
My mom and I were talking about my problem and she was telling me how the things I did are in the past and you have to move on because they're in the past. She was flipping through channels on TV and she stopped on one where Joel Osteen was preaching. He was preaching about the exact thing that my mom was telling me and more. But it was stuff I needed to hear. I was freaked out!!! That's the first time that something like that has happened to me. God works in mysterious ways.

God bless you honey. Go for it - it is wonderful to use personal experience to help others.

Great go for it! God wanted me to do the same thing. Spoken at a high school & primary about depression, anxiety & abuse. Went very well.

Mum & I moved home last November & had to find a new church. One Sunday morning I just got up yelled to mum "i'm going to church" & was out the door. Was heading to the Presbyterian but I was early so continued walking saw a sign "All Nations Christian Centre". Im a nanny to all nations so I was drawn. As I walked to the gate of the hall a bunch of gorgeous African children were handing me flyers through the gate. One lil girl reminded me of the one of the children I nanny. I was seated down the front & opened flyer. While reading came across "2 helpers need Sunday School". I was kinda worried cause they didn't know me at the Church but I went up to the Sunday School teacher & asked. She pretty much said great start next week. So since this time in Feb I've been assistant Sunday School Teacher the children can be good lol but get bored very quickly. Its great though. The children have warmed up to me now & when i'm away i'm very missed. They are so beautiful all African except 1 who's a latte child.

If God speaks to you, DO it. You never know the people you meet & the friends you make.

This is my youtube have a videos of Watoto childrens choir & my Sunday school munchkins singing :)

Lovely lines from the kids (they can say the darnest things lol) and lovely video. It's great that you are involved in such a wonderful thing. God bless you.

And since i can't enter this place without adding a pic or something, i would like to recall John Paul II (Karol Wojtyla)'s 90th birthday. Although the Petrine Seat still is a major point of contention among Christian denominations, John Paull II touched the hearts of Christians and people of any faith and he was one of the most important actors in the dialogue of ecumenism.

pope-john-paul-ii-print-c10069719.jpeg

http://kidsister.wordpress.com/2007/03/12/john-paul-ii/ (truly beautiful images)

Lolek, prega per noi.

This is a beautiful post..thank you for sharing...:)....I use to be a Sunday school teacher also..I just love the look on the children s faces..when they finally understand what it is you are trying to teach them. Its a beautiful moment when they understand Christ.

This is a beautiful post..thank you for sharing...:)....I use to be a Sunday school teacher also..I just love the look on the children s faces..when they finally understand what it is you are trying to teach them. Its a beautiful moment when they understand Christ.

YAY! HIGH 5 FOR SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS. The Sunday School Teacher Sister Tommi kind of lectures the children. The older ones are bored out of their brains & the younger ones don't understand. We only have 1 room for Sunday School so children age from 3-10. The children fidget & fight. Sometimes we may also have a toddler who distracts the whole Sunday School. These children have no respect sorry to say it but they don't except the pastor's daughter. They sing songs but don't listen to the lyrics. They don't like sitting in church cause it's boring & they don't like when their parents etc cry in church because "it's embarrassing". They don't know the word share.
About 2 months I taught them had no idea what to teach cause I had nothing planned & was put on the spot with many children staring me. Lucky I had been to a church conference that weekend so i spoke about the things I had seen & heard. Father's Love & the songs we sang. I told them a bit about my schooling & upbringing since they don't know me. It went well. The week after Tommi asked what they had learnt last week sadly they forgot the father's love but they understood my schooling problems that i kept running from my problems & not facing them. At least they got that.
But they need to learn respect badly. Its tricky. The parents & Tommi have different ideas to discipline to me.

Chrissy!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

By the way, do any of you like Carol Burnett? I just love her.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hope you and everyone else has a great weekend. Bless.

Having a wonderful weekend guys, thx. Hopefully it is the same for everyone :)

I hope everyone is well. I've been thinking of a song I used to listen to when I first heard it, so I'm going to share it. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZZkwW0jN2A&feature=related

Michelle, thank youuuu so much for that video. You reminded me of World Youth Day - one of JP II's greatest legacies, one that Pope Benedict adopted so naturally and made it his as well. I remember it like it was yesterday the 2000 edition when a crowd more than 2 millions strong gathered in Tor Vergata outside of Rome to pray and sing together with the Pope. I could have went, but instead i chose to spend the money on tons of issues of the Black & White magazine :D I don't regret it though because i probably wasn't ready anyhow to attend such a huge event. I witnessed everything on tv and it was a total blessing.

Apologies for the Italian in the vid since not everybody speaks it. WYD really are awesome events - in the Phillipines in the mid 90s it was the single largest gathering ever, 4 million people in ONE place, amazing, isn't it? Denver in the States in 1993, Paris - 1997, Koln in 2005 and Melbourne in 2008 - WOW, such beautiful events. Next year it will be in Madrid, won't it? I love that city, i miss it.

Ain't it wonderful and sooo awesome (i think i'm gettin addicted to this word; nowadays just about everything is awesome) to see art put in the service of the Lord and technology assisting people separated by oceans to ''attend' the same amazing event? God is good.

The weekend is so wonderful mainly because of the Feast of Pentecost. The Holy Spirit descended over the Apostles and the Virgin Mary. He is the fire and the wind still working every day in the Church and in all creation, as He was from the very beginning. He is the vital force which sustains all life, the Comforter in our times of trouble, He is God. Although a mystery for many outside of the faith, the Holy Spirit is a reality, He is the communion and the imperceivable to the human ear loving dialogue between the Father and the Son; in His apparent silence, He guides and sustains all of us all day and every day. He is merciful and forgiving and His mercy knows no limits.

pentecost.jpg

John Paul II in his first homely as Pope told us not to be afraid, to open wide the gates to our hearts to Christ. Let us also open the windows of our souls to the Spirit. If we let Him, He will work wonders in our lives. Yesterday evening i heard such an awe inspiring commentary - if we would understand that the Spirit of God dwells in every creature, great or small, we would learn to see the world with different eyes and perceive it as one huge temple of the Most High and we would walk in it with a lot more respect and responsibility.

Almighty God,
on this day you opened the way of eternal life
to every race and nation
by the promised gift of your Holy Spirit:

Shed abroad this gift throughout the world
by the preaching of the Gospel,
that it may reach to the ends of the earth;

through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God,
for ever and ever. Amen.

Another beautiful prayer i've found:

Remind me, Oh God, I am but a dusty foreigner on this earth.
Use me now, to do Your mighty works in this fleeting time.
Send me, Lord! Propel my mortal shell toward Your purposes.
Let me be Your conduit, Your channel, Your tool.
Craft me to bring Your Word, Your hope, Your love.
And when on earth, I am but dust, gather me up.
Gather me up, and see in me Your Son
Gather me up, my Father God.
And then, at last,
I will be home.

Mary Graver

Also a beautiful reminder chi si arrende, sopravive, non vive. It is a wonderful words' play in Italian about those giving up in the face of life's adversities and making all kinds of compromises - they are the ones who merely survive, instead of living life to the fullest. Stop existing and start living kind of thing, yall know? :cheeky:

Last edited:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
I go back to the doctor to do a follow-up on how I'm doing on my medication tomorrow (or today lol). My mother is probably going to have surgery on her hip pretty soon, she's had a lot of problems with it.
I'm worried about one of my friends. She has some...interesting...behavior. Let's just put it like that. :)

Love all of you!

Oh, and Earthy, I love Carol Burnett! She's hilarious!

Hey people! :)

I've been here in Bible Village for almost two weeks now. It has been very nice here! People are so nice and here is some kind of weird "connection". You know what I mean? ;)

I still miss home a bit. Oh well, my girlfriend. I miss her much. It seems like we can't meet before June. Kinda sad.

One director called me yesterday. She needed one actor. Premier is on 18th of June. I accepted it but it is going to be tough job because there is less than three weeks for me to learn the new role. It is kinda interesting. 50s...

How are you people? :)

I would like to ask for prayers for a good friend of mine. His mom was recently diagnosed with both diabetes and breast cancer. I told him my prayers would be sent out his way.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
I go back to the doctor to do a follow-up on how I'm doing on my medication tomorrow (or today lol). My mother is probably going to have surgery on her hip pretty soon, she's had a lot of problems with it.
I'm worried about one of my friends. She has some...interesting...behavior. Let's just put it like that. :)

Love all of you!

Oh, and Earthy, I love Carol Burnett! She's hilarious!

I am sooo glad a youngster loves Carol!!!

My friend called me few days ago.

He was in hospital and seriously injured. He was in crash. We haven't seen each other in a long time! And it has been almost two months since the last time we spoke on phone. I've prayed for him and I'll pray for him.

Back