Cirque du Soleil 'Michael Jackson ONE' permanent Las Vegas show

Re: Cirque du Soleil "Michael Jackson ONE" permanent Las Vega show

I'm sorry you couldn't talk to Travis. I hope the performance was good.

I was so down before the show, but it was really good and SO magical! I got scared by a zombie, harassed by a paparazzi, and one of the dancers even came and danced with me during the curtain call. I had a blast, even though the guy next to me seemed completely unaffected, never clapped once for a number, never laughed, and even checked his watch once! It can be a downer sitting next to those people but pft, whatever, I loved every minute.

I really tried to lift myself up before the show but had a hard time (Why is that? I should be so grateful to just be here, to see the show, AND to have met and hugged Travis...) and I felt pretty low when I got there. I think I felt alone, I wanted to feel a part of something, but I was too shy to approach other fans, they were all in groups of friends and I was by myself. I felt like I should be mixing, these are people like me! But I felt like a stranger in Moscow.

Well, the last one in the theatre was Travis Payne! He was seeing the late show! And I thought everybody was seeing the early one. He was with an elderly relative I think, maybe his dad.

When the show was over, I decided to wait in case he came out the regular exit. He did! There were a few fans around and again his managers, and the elderly man was waiting nearby in a wheelchair. After a few pictures and autographs the man was wanting to leave, and I knew it was now or never. Travis was turning around but made eye contact with me cause he could see I had been waiting. I had to call over a few heads but got to ask him if he'd sign my program.

He said yes, was so kind and warm and gracious, just like Michael. He looked me right in the eye to ask me my name, which he wrote in it as well. I knew I had to be quick, so I just told him the show was beautiful and thanked him. (I'm sure he didn't remember me from before as he had been totally swarmed then, and I had changed from a colourful one shoulder dress to my skinny jeans and MJ T-shirt)

So I didn't get any good photos, I didn't get to ask questions, and I didn't get to make any contributions to the Mandela Tribute. But I got to see all those MJ fans in person (even if I didn't talk to them)I got to meet Travis Payne for the first time (Cause one day I'll meet him and be able to have a meaningful conversation) and got to experience the magic of this show.

I can't help thinking of Jamie Fox when he talked about seeing Michael Live. He said "He would go the extra mile to create magic for people" I feel they did this in MJOne. It is very special.

So I am feeling much better about my experience. There are things I missed out on, but more importantly, I was here.

I have to leave you with a few of my favorite headlines from the tabloids before the show... (When cast members are photographing audience members as they take their seats. The photos appear on the screen with ridiculous headlines)
"Woman's plant talks back"
"Man survives on jelly beans for five years"
"Super power revealed-- 'I can melt butter with my eyes!'"
Another headline said something like "Couple tries to sneak into Cirque show" it made me laugh :)

Lark

I feel I could cry I am so disappointed. Everybody was crowded with fans and I couldn't get near them, I was just waiting my turn. But then Travis Payne showed up. There were so many people, and they all kept cutting in on me, I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to tell him all that Immortal meant to me, but finally I got my moment as his manager came to take him away and gave him a tissue.

He was so sweet and gracious, it was obvious he was trying to get away. But he have me a quick greeting and even asked me where I was from. But with his two managers there, I could tell I was keeping him.

I got to hug him, biut not say what I wanted to. i really wanted him to sign my picture of Michael and Mandela, but he got whisked away. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help crying. By the time this all happened, everybody had left.

Joe Vogel was so kind to me, he signed my book and even let me take a picture of him with holding a picture of Michael and Mandela for the tribute.

I was so excited... never thought it would end in tears.

:better: :hug:

Thanks Bubs. I realize now it looks weird that they gave him a tissue, I was distracted when I typed that. They gave it to him because he was sweating and a bit exhausted because he had a swarm of fans he couldn't get through fast enough since the moment he walked in.

Lark

Last edited:

A very special night. I've seen the show before but it was so wonderful to attend with an audience of serious fans. The energy level, love for Michael and appreciation of the performers was palpable.

The swag bag contents was a wonderful surprise. The meet and greet a highlight for me. Mr. Branca was gracious, posing for tons of photos with fans, shaking hands and engaging in conversations. My friend and I had a nice chat and he took the time to ask us where we were from, talk about MJ and then signed our tickets. Chatted with Greg Phillinganes too. We had birthday cupcakes and received a souvenir ticket too.

Thanks Lark.

Cherish the fact you could be there. A lot of us can't.

Thanks Lark.

Cherish the fact you could be there. A lot of us can't.

I know, even when I was feeling that way I was mad at myself for getting so down. But that's the thing about emotions... they are irrational. My mind knew I should be jumping for joy for so many reasons... but I think I was really just missing Michael.

After the meet and greet, I went back to my hotel room, and started crying before I could even get my door open. I just did not want to sit in my room and cry, what a waste that would be, but I had to just feel what I was feeling so I could get on with it, you know? I need to go through it so that it will go away. I needed to warm up from the air conditioning so I found a nice private spot outside with a waterfall and just spent some "Michael Time". This calmed me down enough that I could pull myself together before the show.

Lark

P.S. I neglected to mention before how sweet and kind Travis Payne's managers are. Even though I interrupted them, trying to talk to Travis, he introduced me to them and they shook my hand and were not dismissive at all. Only, I didn't know who they were and I felt like I'd look like an idiot if I asked. Later while he was with another fan, I went up to one of them and asked if they were dancers (that was my best guess) she said she was in her former life :)

Last edited:

1175167_597444073641766_2054890408_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/mjupbeat

Joe Vogel ?@JoeVogel1 12h

With Jamie King http://instagram.com/p/doXjnvpg-L/

With Travis Payne http://instagram.com/p/doXbIHpg-J/

With Greg Phillinganes http://instagram.com/p/doXQ0iJg-D/

With Matt Forger http://instagram.com/p/doW5-5Jg92/

That's the pic I took of Travis and Joe :heart:

Qbee posted this earlier:
"Mandalay Bay is wrapping the top part of the windows of the building with Michael!!!!!! It's advertising for the MJ One show!!!! Looks like they just started to put it up. I noticed it right now on my way to work. Don't know how long it will take for them to get it all up. I'll try to take a picture for all you fans that don't live in Vegas when it's done!!! https://www.facebook.com/#!/vegasmjfan"

Has anyone got photos of that building wrapped with MJ?

I feel I could cry I am so disappointed. Everybody was crowded with fans and I couldn't get near them, I was just waiting my turn. But then Travis Payne showed up. There were so many people, and they all kept cutting in on me, I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to tell him all that Immortal meant to me, but finally I got my moment as his manager came to take him away and gave him a tissue.

He was so sweet and gracious, it was obvious he was trying to get away. But he have me a quick greeting and even asked me where I was from. But with his two managers there, I could tell I was keeping him.

I got to hug him, biut not say what I wanted to. i really wanted him to sign my picture of Michael and Mandela, but he got whisked away. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help crying. By the time this all happened, everybody had left.

Joe Vogel was so kind to me, he signed my book and even let me take a picture of him with holding a picture of Michael and Mandela for the tribute.

I was so excited... never thought it would end in tears.

Ahhhhhh. Sorry about that. I hope you were able to meet fans later on?

I must say I had a wonderful time. I saw a big crowd when I got there too and people were taking official photos. I went straight to my seat so I did not see Branca or Travis. At dinner, one of the fans had an official photo which she took with Travis. It came out very well and the framing looked quite classy.

My big thing was the show and drinks. I must say I bought a big drink in a cup as long as from my fingertip to my elbow, and sat down and enjoyed the show. There was a woman singing & crying next to me. It was a lovely but emotional show for everyone!!!

It is so good to see Michael all over the place: I saw some taxis covered completely in One wallpaper, and I was trying to figure out how it was done. It looked as though it was painted on, but I guess it is some type of plastic? Does anyone know how they do things like that? When I was waiting for a taxi after the show, one of the workers was putting up a One wallpaper across the glass at the front door of the lobby.

I think they added some more Michael slot machines. Of course I lost some money there ($40), but had a good time in spite of that.

Qbee posted this earlier:
"Mandalay Bay is wrapping the top part of the windows of the building with Michael!!!!!! It's advertising for the MJ One show!!!! Looks like they just started to put it up. I noticed it right now on my way to work. Don't know how long it will take for them to get it all up. I'll try to take a picture for all you fans that don't live in Vegas when it's done!!! https://www.facebook.com/#!/vegasmjfan"

Has anyone got photos of that building wrapped with MJ?

It's not the whole building. this is last picture I saw, it was not complete

1175492_3465053521963_2056993064_n.jpg

It's a bit hard not to resent one fan. She was dressed up Smooth Criminal style with white booty shorts. Joe Vogel asked me if I could take his picture with Travis, which I was happy to. After I did I literally opened my mouth and before any sound came out this girl had interrupted from behind causing him to turn around and totally usurping my turn. She had a grand old chat with him. This happened many times, but that was the worst.

Lark

Lark ^^We have to be careful of the internet, that is the forum, because we do not know who we are talking to. For instance, that girl you are talking about ^^ I know her. She is very nice and outgoing. It is a pity you did not strike up a conversation with her because she would draw you in, make you feel very welcome, and make you a part of her group. You seem to be a bit shy? In fact, if you had told her you were there alone, she would have invited you to go out dancing later that night. I was going to go, but I had eaten and drank so much throughout the day that my tummy was too full to dance; so after dinner, I just played some games and let the others go dancing.

When we travel alone, sometimes we have to go out of our way and say hello to someone, so that we have some companionship. I thought she looked great in that outfit, by the way. I was complimenting her on her boots later that night.

I am glad you got to see Travis later that night, since that really made you happy.

I know her. She is very nice and outgoing. It is a pity you did not strike up a conversation with her because she would draw you in, make you feel very welcome, and make you a part of her group.

It's true, I agree she did seem really nice and I know she didn't mean to do that. She was definitely more outgoing and I had wanted to approach her and her group-- all their outfits were amazing. Next time I'll do better. I didn't talk to them but I saw the outside the doors while we were waiting and that was so exciting to me to be in the same place as other big fans, I've never had that before. I feel bad that I reacted that way, it wasn't fair to her. After all, she only wanted to meet him, just like me.

I think now that I look back I was just overwhelmed and at the same time unsure, because I have never met another fan before. Next time I attend an even I am sure I will feel more comfortable. I am still very new to the fan community.

It's true, as much as I wanted to meet Jamie King it made me so happy to meet Travis. All my favorite choreography with the exception of Smooth Criminal came from his work with Travis.

In the end, despite my little meltdown, I left so happy. How could I not after that show?

My big thing was the show and drinks. I must say I bought a big drink in a cup as long as from my fingertip to my elbow, and sat down and enjoyed the show.

Ahaha I didn't see those! I just got a glass of wine but regretted it after when I was fumbling with my camera.

Lark

Last edited:

gift package

l.jpg

birthday cupcake ( I believe)

l.jpg

^^Those gifts look good. I did not stay at Mandalay Bay so they did not give me any gifts.

Lark I am glad you understand.

Ivy, who's photos are those? They are great.

I didn't see the banner at the top of Mandalay Bay until I was taking off yesterday outside the aircraft window. I'm not sure if it had just been put there or if I was on the wrong side before... I don't remember seeing it while I was there.

Petrarose It's not like me to be like that usually, I'm not entirely sure what came over me. I do wish I could take it back though. Lol just reading it again doesn't make sense, I'm not sure why I said "my turn". Nobody owed me anything.

Ugh, I just want to back peddle on everything negative that I said. Crying and posting is like drinking and dialing!

Lark

Last edited:

I hope to go someday. I love hearing the stories and seeing the pictures from everyone.

Ivy, who's photos are those? They are great.

I didn't see the banner at the top of Mandalay Bay until I was taking off yesterday outside the aircraft window. I'm not sure if it had just been put there or if I was on the wrong side before... I don't remember seeing it while I was there.

Petrarose It's not like me to be like that usually, I'm not entirely sure what came over me. I do wish I could take it back though. Lol just reading it again doesn't make sense, I'm not sure why I said "my turn". Nobody owed me anything.

Ugh, I just want to back peddle on everything negative that I said. Crying and posting is like drinking and dialing!

Lark

awwwww. This happens sometimes. We are all human.

I did try peeking up at the upper floors to see if I could see the banner too, but maybe I was looking on the wrong side of the building too. Anyway the trains, airport, taxis, hotel magazines, billboards had a lot of advertising, so it made up for not seeing the one on Mandalay Bay upper windows.

awwwww. This happens sometimes. We are all human.

I did try peeking up at the upper floors to see if I could see the banner too, but maybe I was looking on the wrong side of the building too. Anyway the trains, airport, taxis, hotel magazines, billboards had a lot of advertising, so it made up for not seeing the one on Mandalay Bay upper windows.

I know, I smiled every time I saw an ad. And I took a ride on the tram, tried to take a picture but there was too much glare on the window to see. But there are really good pics of the tabloid junkies.

Lark

^^Oh the tabloids were very creative. Whoever decided to do the tabloid wall is an innovator. I especially liked the one that said "Strangers Elope!!!"

We as fans have to really be happy about the attention they gave to even the physical aspects of the theater. I peeked into the lobby for "O" and there was no attention to detail as you have with Micahel. Michael's theater is a very special creation--from the doors to the walls. I did not see the Beatles "Love" so I don't know how the decoration was in there.

^^Oh the tabloids were very creative. Whoever decided to do the tabloid wall is an innovator. I especially liked the one that said "Strangers Elope!!!"

We as fans have to really be happy about the attention they gave to even the physical aspects of the theater. I peeked into the lobby for "O" and there was no attention to detail as you have with Micahel. Michael's theater is a very special creation--from the doors to the walls. I did not see the Beatles "Love" so I don't know how the decoration was in there.

It's true, I felt like the whole area became Michael land! Which is so fitting for the show, even the front of house staff uniforms were Michael gear.

My personal favorites were "Super power revealed: 'I can melt butter with my eyes!'" and "Fan swims across ocean to see Cirque show" It really made me laugh! But it's also such a great way to remind people of the reality Michael lived in, the crazy stuff they'd say with his picture right there.

Lark

I totally forgot to take a picture of the building but a friend lives there so I'll enlist her help to get us a shot if none turn up by fans here. Here's another pic of the swag bag goodies, a signed ticket, the Meet & Greet invite; MJ ONE poker chip, and a souvenir ticket they handed out at show:

6623e0ae-03f6-4b5b-8e79-3250a214f833_zpsc12e8f48.jpg

7bc1b41f-aa4b-446b-b7d8-95e736bab5bb_zpsd0f00148.jpg

document-212_zps44fd41ef.jpg

document-214_zps08ddaf7e.jpg

12e8e929-09fd-4da0-b121-34b554c78afe_zps37d1eb54.jpg

^^ I wonder why I couldn't see that banner. The goodies with the gift bag looks good too.

^^It has to be on the other side, because when I went outside during the early show by the waterfall to have my "Michael Time" I took a picture of the big Mandalay Bay sign, and it wasn't there. That was the night of the show, so it must only be 1 or 2 of the three sides of the hotel.

Lark

I found this posted on a couple fan sites:

ONEbuilding_zpsac81eb66.jpg

proxy.jpg

BTDMkbwCMAAbB5J.jpg

28ap9hk.jpg

b5f81fac128411e3b5c422000a1f9a53_7.jpg

@TravelPanties
<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1375828408.html#_=1378233907455&id=twitter-widget-1&lang=en&partner=undefined&screen_name=TravelPanties&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" title="Twitter Follow Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; list-style: none; border-width: 0px; outline: rgb(0, 0, 0); position: absolute; top: 6px; right: 8px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); width: 61px; height: 20px;"></iframe>View from the Four Seasons Las Vegas Pool. @fslasvegas #pool #vacation #travel #travelgram #luxehttp://instagram.com/p/dsVdldtPKX/

Back