Comedians who make sick jokes about Michael

Michael said it was OK? do you have to resort to lying to make a point ?

IIRC, Michael at first denied putting his child in danger but then he came to his senses and apologised. It was a f*cking stupid thing to do but he's human and he makes mistakes. This was one of them.

and since when is pointing and laughing at every mistake MJ's made in his life (mistakes that by the way have been BLOWN UP to epic proportions because he is not just famous, but Michael Jackson) - funny either? The baby dangling in particular, although it was a mistake that he admitted to, gave people more of an excuse to treat MJ like garbage. The action, in other words, did not justify the reaction. Because his mistakes are put under a microscope, reduced to soundbites and played over and over every second of the day (unlike OUR mistakes), it doesn't give people a free pass to treat him like the dirt underneath their shoe - which is what the media + comedians have done a good majority of his life.

Maybe its just me, but even if its a regular person and not MJ, pointing and laughing at someone's every flaw isn't funny or cool to me either. And definitely not clever. I definitely wouldn't want that done to me, but hey, thats me personally.

Jokes are funny when you make fun of some one and we all know it's true. In Micheal's case, it wasn't joking, it was straight up bullying.

On the other hand

Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocrities.

Oscar Wilde

Frankie Boyle comes to my mind. He made some cruel jokes about MJ in Mock the Week. He's a bully who oftentimes goes too far. He's despicable, not just because of what he said about MJ. A lot of his other jokes have been revolting. After Michael's passing he said "Before Michael Jackson died he weighed less than nine stone and the only thing he would eat willingly was nachos. Nachos being the name of a young Mexican boy." How is this funny? Please explain. Boyle also made some horrible jokes about Lady Diana, Litvinenko's death and others. He can be funny, but he has shown what a knobhead he is. Telling more outrageous jokes doesn't equal being funnier, it makes him look desperate for attention.
I simply can't laugh at pedophile jokes. They are not funny in the slightest. I don't care if they are about Michael or anyone else for that matter. It's a heinous crime. If MJ had been accused of anything else, his image wouldn't have been as tarnished as it was. Murder, drugs, tax evasion... nothing seems as disgusting as molesting a child! Michael was found not guilty and yet these jokes prevailed. Why is this funny? Why do comedians think this is funny? I'm not saying that ppl shouldn't make jokes about celebrities. I can laugh at some MJ jokes, for example I often laughed at Bo Selecta. However, I don't see anything funny about claims that MJ was a pedo. This is slander and bullying. It's not funny, it's cruel!

I can't stand Amy Poehler. She and Tina Fey have always gotten on my nerves but when Amy did her MJ skit that was the last straw.

The jokes are horrible and they are all basically the same. It's as though the "comedians" use a standard joke book for beginners and follow the instructions in the section "Michael Jackson".

I can't stand Amy Poehler. She and Tina Fey have always gotten on my nerves but when Amy did her MJ skit that was the last straw.

Amy made fun of Michael? Did Tina Fey too? I like both Parks And Recreation and 30 Rock so I'll be sad to hear if they too have been as low as to trash Michael.

Also, why does Robin Williams seem to get a free pass on his MJ bashing? What he said was mean and frankly not funny at all.

People like Chris Tucker are doing it right. His MJ jokes aren't mean spirited, nor are they about making Michael look like a freak. They're goodhearted and funny. People laughed more at his pimp joke than they did Robin Williams' pathetic jokes. Ever think there might be a reason for that?

Yeah, it's too bad when that happens; I love Robin Williams but I didn't know about his Michael jokes (sorry I must be living under a rock, lol) But here's a script from SNL when Tina and Jimmy Fallon did their weekend update (I only skimmed through it but rather do that than watch the actual thing >-< )
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/02/02kupdate.phtml
and Amy has done skits dressed supposedly as Michael, maybe much more harmless than other comedians but meh.. :/

I didn't see the skit because I got angry at Kenan Thompson's one parodying Emmanuel Lewis and mocking his friendship with Michael, I don't remember if Amy was parodying him but when the skit with Kenan finished, I saw Amy dressed like Michael with the trial look holding an umbrella, then I changed the channel. I bet she made fun of him, in 2003-2005 it was the let's jump to 'the destroy, humiliate, dehumanize and mock Michael Jackson bandwagon.'

Edit, it was also Amy doing that SNL skit with Kenan. Glad I just have fuzzy memories of it, it was done more than 9 years ago.

Last edited:
To be real, I never found the English guy who wears the prostetic mask and plays "Michael" funny. I forgot his name, I just remember he did a tribute show and a lot of people on this forum were talking about how good it was and stuff, but I found none of it to be really respectful, certain parts made me cringe, like when "Michael" is having intercourse with the Chicken Pot Pie, ala the American Pie scene. And when he also plays Uri Gellar and in a way, makes his relationship with Michael, seem like something it never was, all for the sake of "comedy" of course. The only part I found worthy of Michael was the end, when he's playing the piano, and shadow image of Michael is doing his trademark steps, and the guy takes off the prostetic and the glove and leaves it on the piano as it fades to black.

Those jokes don't make me laugh at all but we live in a society where people have their funny subjects and like to make jokes. I gt angry sometimes otherwise I just don't react. What I don't understand is people who find this funny. But humour is not universal

tumblr_m7ebcvPBIS1qhqxl5o1_1280.jpg

In a novel I am reading the author illustrates a character's intense happiness as "How Michael Jackson would feel if he got a job in a kindergarten!" The book was published in 2006, the simile was not clever then and it is not clever now.

I agree with you completely, Invincible2k1 that whether it be MJ or someone else, it is sad when people feel the need to attack a person's character for the purpose of getting a few laughs. It is a part of society that I am really troubled with. It's one thing to kid and joke around, poking fun in a "light" way--but there is a distinct line that no one should ever cross. A comedian with talent shouldn't have to mock others for their personal gain--they should know how to get people to laugh AND be respectful at the same time. It's not that hard.

Back