Concussion

Victory2004

Proud Member
Teaser Poster
concussion-poster.jpg
Official Trailer

I'm interested in seeing the film, because I like to know why sports leagues like the NFL and NHL wouldn't make anything better to prevent concussion from happening and ruining players careers. I've been pretty extemely peeved for 5 years over Marc Savard suffering concussion.

I'm interested in seeing the film, because I like to know why sports leagues like the NFL and NHL wouldn't make anything better to prevent concussion from happening and ruining players careers. I've been pretty extemely peeved for 5 years over Marc Savard suffering concussion.

American Football and ice hockey are contact sports. There isn't a way to prevent concussions from happening unless the style of play is drastically changed, turning it into a non-contact sport. The NFL has stepped up (after being hounded by retired players, Chicago Bears legend Mike Ditka being the ring leader) and has put in place better healthcare and financial compensation for current and former players.

The sports are a lot safer now than it was in their beginnings, mainly the protective equipment used by the players. Let's not forget that both professional leagues are paying their players handsomely and it's something they volunteer for. There are inherent risks in many professions, not just pro football and hockey.

American Football and ice hockey are contact sports. There isn't a way to prevent concussions from happening unless the style of play is drastically changed, turning it into a non-contact sport. The NFL has stepped up (after being hounded by retired players, Chicago Bears legend Mike Ditka being the ring leader) and has put in place better healthcare and financial compensation for current and former players.

The sports are a lot safer now than it was in their beginnings, mainly the protective equipment used by the players. Let's not forget that both professional leagues are paying their players handsomely and it's something they volunteer for. There are inherent risks in many professions, not just pro football and hockey.

Them trying to turn football and hockey into non-contact sports, that's what's ruining to begin with and also one of the many reasons why I stopped watching the NHL games, back in those days in the NHL before the helmets were mandatory, there wasn't much numbers of concussions then, but they can still get hit by the stick or the puck to the head. But what's really cause concussions and numbers increasing in the first place was those pads (shoulder, elbow and knee) they currently wore which contains hard plastic, hear me? Hard plastic, that's what hurts players and they suffer concussions, back in the old day there wasn't much numbers of concussions and why? Those old pads they wore, those pads were softer because they have foam or sponge in them. Don Cherry's been explaining about how to prevent injuries and protect themselves on "Coach's Corner", "Rock Em' Sock Em' Hockey", interviews, etc, he demonstrated how those pad work, like the plastic pads hurts and the old foam pads did nothing to inflict pain. Grapes tries to get the NHL to change and take his suggestions seriously, but they went nowhere and that's what angers me so much, the NHL to me did very little to prevent the numbers of concussions, does getting less fighting and body checking help at all? Hell No! The only thing that helps is no head checking. Going back to old foam pads are the only answer to prevent concussions, believe me.

The number of former NHL players were suing the NHL over the whole concussion and Steve Montador's family recently suing the NHL over it too.

I wonder if any hockey players have participated in the brain study like some NFL players have? I'm talking about the one where the players donate their brain. That's how the impact of repeated concussions has been gaining ground in the lawsuit against the NFL.

I wonder if any hockey players have participated in the brain study like some NFL players have? I'm talking about the one where the players donate their brain. That's how the impact of repeated concussions has been gaining ground in the lawsuit against the NFL.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure they did. I knew a few deceased NHL players have their brain donated.

Was this movie based on the PBS doc 'League of Denial: the NFL concussion Crisis"? Made in 2013.

It's on right now and I'm watching it. Amazing the amount of money the NFL brings in.

These Frontline shows are excellent.

Back