Confirmed HIStory Tour release for 2021?

Not remotely confirmed. The last time we have Branca on record about it he said it wasn't getting a release because it didn't represent Michael at his best, but that the footage would be used in future Estate projects, like a HIStory documentary for example.

Greez that stupid....

MJ performed so well back then that they thought it was playback. That's what happened.

100% what I believe, Michael's vocals were almost PEAK back then. It's an interesting thought, thinking about if he had lip-synced back then

I agree. Michael knew how to keep his same performances though there was times he actually want it to change. but due to his fans. he kept it kind of the same. I really wish he did do different stuff. I would of like to see what else he could of done.

I would love to see a History tour release as long it not that not good one we saw 100 times and on youtube. Michael was a human being. he got sick and need it breaks just like the rest of us. though, i'm pretty sure we all would love to see him at his best.

in my opinion Michael was at his best 1978-1991. that's not saying i didn't like his music after those years.

when history was release he was in his 30's and his vocals changed. this is very normal. as we age our voices changes.

The problem with the lip syncing on the HIStory Tour was how damn obvious it was. He lip synced songs on his previous tours, but it wasn't as obvious as it was on the HIStory Tour. Like on In The Closet when he says the ''One thing in life you must understand'' part where his voice sounds really deep and breathless and then it goes straight into those beautiful and perfect falsetto vocals. Or in Stranger In Moscow where the backing singers were lip syncing to MJ's vocals. Probably the cringiest part of that tour.

DuranDuran;4283453 said:
I think the audiences who go to see acts like Pavarotti & KISS are different than the ones who go to see Janet & Michael Jackson, Madonna, Beyoncé, or Paula Abdul. People didn't go to a Prince or James Brown concert and expect a Milli Vanilli. I think an oldies or classic rock music audience would rather hear a singer whose voice is shot (Bob Dylan, George Clinton) than one who is performing to playback and sounds "perfect". Some older singers have to change the key of songs because they can't sing the higher notes anymore.

There have been embarrassing, lip-sync moments even for Janet Jackson, or Madonna, when disappointed fans left the concert or demanded ticket refunds because they lip-synced.

For example, during certain Australian concerts of Janet Jackson's ‘A Special 30th Anniversary Celebration Of Rhythm Nation’ Tour in 2019, many disappointed fans left the concert (while it was still in progress) because she was lip-syncing.

Also, people who paid and went to see Janet Jackson live in the ‘RNB Fridays Live’ festival event (that took place again in Australia in 2019) demanded their ticket money back because of her lip-sync.

In those cases, Janet Jackson was trying to hide her mouth with her long hair while she was lip-syncing, but people who were there they noticed her lip-sync and they got even angrier because she tried to cheat them with that trick with her hair.

Also, disappointed fans demanded ticket refunds when Madonna lip-synced during certain concerts of her ‘Madame X’ Tour (in 2019).

Look, for example, at what happened during Madonna's concert at ‘The Colosseum At Caesars Palace’ venue when many disappointed fans booed her and they demanded their ticket money back because of her lip-sync at that show.

More like 96% playback lol

The History tour has been aired all over the world and there are MANY high quality concerts online already. That's why imo it shouldn't be released.
I said this about xscape. I'm like we already have these songs that leaked online in the same quality. Why not find stuff? It's alot out because I was so freaking shocked when I'm so blue & free etc appeared so...i feel ya!

Still I think lip-synch was more accepted in 1997 than it is today in 2020...

I would love nothing more than a fully live MJ concert. Even if his voice was not the best, I would prefer it to play-back...

The OTW-medley is the worst MJ footage (concert-wise) that exists... Cringeworthy to say the least... 1997-MJ singing with the exact 1979-MJ voice... Uhhhg

Still I think lip-synch was more accepted in 1997 than it is today in 2020...

I would love nothing more than a fully live MJ concert. Even if his voice was not the best, I would prefer it to play-back...

The OTW-medley is the worst MJ footage (concert-wise) that exists... Cringeworthy to say the least... 1997-MJ singing with the exact 1979-MJ voice... Uhhhg

I actually like the Off the Wall medley. Yes the lip-syncing is obvious but it looks like he is having fun. I think his worst performance is You Rock My World from the first MSG 2001 concert.

I really feel there's need to be time to stop touring. one if your too sick. and two at a primarily age. Michael was still pretty young here he was only in his 30's. but I really feel he should of took off when he got sick.

but he would do anything for his fans. i'm a fan. but if Michael was sick, he should of took off.

I can understand why some fans get upset when different artists lip sing. you pay money to see your favorite singer sing and they don't even sing. love ya Michael. but you should of took off that week.

I think his worst performance is You Rock My World from the first MSG 2001 concert.

Your right. I don't think he was feeling good that night. your not only peason who has said that. but it was nice to see him and his brothers all back together again. :)

LMBO! :lmao:

Seems a bit much to call it a fraudulent performance.

a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

The deception being the use of a microphone that wasn't switched on, and covering his mouth when his voice was overlayed on the backing track (or he simply forgot the word to start on). Posters claiming/crediting the performance as live when it was not.

What also maddens me is that he treats one of the all time classic albums as if it's worthless. Quickly throwing together 3 songs in a medley while it was arguably the best work he had ever done.

It's quite simple. HIStory world tour is a fraud.

I actually like the Off the Wall medley. Yes the lip-syncing is obvious but it looks like he is having fun. I think his worst performance is You Rock My World from the first MSG 2001 concert.

I thought the entire MSG 2001 concerts were cringeworthy. He sounds awful, he dances sluggish and I seriously think he was totally drunk or high on substances. This is it wouldn't have been any better. I didn't buy tickets back then because I never believed he could have done a good show. Maybe 1 show yes but not 50 he died from stress and anxiety trying to recreate the golden 70s and 80s.

But guess what, HIStory, MSG concerts and to a lesser extent the mixed dangerous concerts are all over YouTube while his genius tours are not.

I thought the entire MSG 2001 concerts were cringeworthy. He sounds awful, he dances sluggish and I seriously think he was totally drunk or high on substances. This is it wouldn't have been any better. I didn't buy tickets back then because I never believed he could have done a good show. Maybe 1 show yes but not 50 he died from stress and anxiety trying to recreate the golden 70s and 80s.

But guess what, HIStory, MSG concerts and to a lesser extent the mixed dangerous concerts are all over YouTube while his genius tours are not.

Lol. Lol.

mj_frenzy;4283487 said:
There have been embarrassing, lip-sync moments even for Janet Jackson, or Madonna, when disappointed fans left the concert or demanded ticket refunds because they lip-synced.

For example, during certain Australian concerts of Janet Jackson's ‘A Special 30th Anniversary Celebration Of Rhythm Nation’ Tour in 2019, many disappointed fans left the concert (while it was still in progress) because she was lip-syncing.

Also, people who paid and went to see Janet Jackson live in the ‘RNB Fridays Live’ festival event (that took place again in Australia in 2019) demanded their ticket money back because of her lip-sync.

In those cases, Janet Jackson was trying to hide her mouth with her long hair while she was lip-syncing, but people who were there they noticed her lip-sync and they got even angrier because she tried to cheat them with that trick with her hair.

Also, disappointed fans demanded ticket refunds when Madonna lip-synced during certain concerts of her ‘Madame X’ Tour (in 2019).

Look, for example, at what happened during Madonna's concert at ‘The Colosseum At Caesars Palace’ venue when many disappointed fans booed her and they demanded their ticket money back because of her lip-sync at that show.

Wow If this is indeed true. It makes me wonder how a MJ concert in this day and age would fare. I still think people would be MUCH more lenient towards MJ because MJ was after all very popular because of his dancing skills, choreography and what not.

I think he was great when performing with his brothers at MSG. I don't think he sounded bad.

I love the MSG concert. but I agree he wasn't feeling good that night. I don't think Michael would be dancing if he was alive. though I do think he probably would have tour but just sing. a lot of artists still tour but they mostly there to sing apart etc. that how I see Michael doing if he was alive.

I love the MSG concert. but I agree he wasn't feeling good that night. I don't think Michael would be dancing if he was alive. though I do think he probably would have tour but just sing. a lot of artists still tour but they mostly there to sing apart etc. that how I see Michael doing if he was alive.

Nah. He would have most likely directed movies. That was his dream.

Honestly, sometimes you sound like you don't like him at all, or are one of those fans who only liked him until 1988.

Michael Jackson on his WORST freaking day was 45% better than everyone else. Check out the footage of the MSG concert that was filmed in the breaks.....when MJ was still on stage, bantering with the audience, the orchestra and others; dancing, singing live, etc. You may change your mind.

His genius tours sound awful instrumentally; plus we have to put up with the brothers' mediocrity.

Honestly, sometimes you sound like you don't like him at all, or are one of those fans who only liked him until 1988.

Michael Jackson on his WORST freaking day was 45% better than everyone else. Check out the footage of the MSG concert that was filmed in the breaks.....when MJ was still on stage, bantering with the audience, the orchestra and others; dancing, singing live, etc. You may change your mind.

His genius tours sound awful instrumentally; plus we have to put up with the brothers' mediocrity.

Link me that footage.

So you don't think his early tours were good? That would be strange...me not liking HIStory is very acceptable imo
Calling them mediocre is very harsh, they are all professional performers/musicians and they worked just as hard as MJ to make the tours a success.

I've seen enough of MJ post Bad tour, I'm now fully exploring everything that came before and I love it more. Trust me...I'm a fan from the very beginning till now.

PS this is the last time I'm going to defend myself, it's very tiresome.

I think even Mj realised how cringe the OTW medley was since he removed it later on lol. That would not fly today haha. I agree the problem was the amount/how obvious some of the playback was. On the brunei show you can hear Mj sing the beginning of scream when the playback cut out....his vocals just werent there on this tour. Should of rested/postponed.

I completely agree. It looks ridiculous seeing a near 40 year old MJ lip-syncing to a 20 year old MJ's voice. Couldn't he have altered with the pitch of the studio vocals or something, so that it wasn't so blatantly obvious that he wasn't singing live?

I think MJ took the piss with History Tour. He probably thought that he is MICHAEL JACKSON, so he can get away with lip-syncing. It was ridiculous that he didn't even try to hide his lip-syncing.

Last edited:
JichaelMackson;4283534 said:
Link me that footage.

So you don't think his early tours were good? That would be strange...
Calling them mediocre is very harsh, they are all professional performers/musicians and they worked just as hard as MJ to make the tours a success.

The brothers, especially very early on, added a lot of charm to the live shows. If you were going to see the Jackson 5, you were there for them, not just Michael, every brother had this unique role to them & played well with each other, interactions in between songs, their movements, all worked together to make an amazing live show that didn't require much, A good example would be "It's Your Thing" & "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)" from their 1970 National Tour. .

The Jackson 5's band was basic, but they worked together perfectly to capture so much energy and emotion. This is perfectly encapsulated in the 1972 performances of "Ben" & "Ain't No Sunshine". Songs that were string heavy or required multiple takes of vocals & guitars, were stripped back to almost their most basic, making a beautiful sound that rivals/beats the album versions. To quote the official Forum site, "one of those jaw-dropping performances (Ain't No Sunshine), with young MJ stretching his soul over a risky, long arrangement, a moment that reached beyond satisfying the screaming fans who’d come to hear the hits" & "The first half (Ben) has no background vocals – and this being a J5 show from early in the decade, no strings, horns or video screens, either. Just MJ backed by the sparest arrangement...". They used what they had to the fullest, a guitar, a bass, drums, an organ, & made magic.

I think even Mj realised how cringe the OTW medley was since he removed it later on lol. That would not fly today haha. I agree the problem was the amount/how obvious some of the playback was. On the brunei show you can hear Mj sing the beginning of scream when the playback cut out....his vocals just werent there on this tour. Should of rested/postponed.

That first verse of scream in Brunei is not too good but I'd take it over everything that comes next. It's like he said before the show started "I'm gonna try" and he gave up after 1 verse.

Seldervi;4283541 said:
The brothers, especially very early on, added a lot of charm to the live shows. If you were going to see the Jackson 5, you were there for them, not just Michael, every brother had this unique role to them & played well with each other, interactions in between songs, their movements, all worked together to make an amazing live show that didn't require much, A good example would be "It's Your Thing" & "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)" from their 1970 National Tour. .

The Jackson 5's band was basic, but they worked together perfectly to capture so much energy and emotion. This is perfectly encapsulated in the 1972 performances of "Ben" & "Ain't No Sunshine". Songs that were string heavy or required multiple takes of vocals & guitars, were stripped back to almost their most basic, making a beautiful sound that rivals/beats the album versions. To quote the official Forum site, "one of those jaw-dropping performances (Ain't No Sunshine), with young MJ stretching his soul over a risky, long arrangement, a moment that reached beyond satisfying the screaming fans who’d come to hear the hits" & "The first half (Ben) has no background vocals – and this being a J5 show from early in the decade, no strings, horns or video screens, either. Just MJ backed by the sparest arrangement...". They used what they had to the fullest, a guitar, a bass, drums, an organ, & made magic.

I would love to say I agree but I haven't seen anything live prior to 1975 but I'm pretty sure either way it must have been magical.
My favorite so far is the Destiny tour live in London and Victory tour Toronto. Especially because they have almost completely different setlist for obvious reasons. My favorite single song performance is "one day in your life" live in Mexico 1975 though.

That first verse of scream in Brunei is not too good but I'd take it over everything that comes next. It's like he said before the show started "I'm gonna try" and he gave up after 1 verse.
Yeah, at least he tried. I've heard worse. Its better to sound subpar then to blatantly use playback imo.

i completely agree. It looks ridiculous seeing a near 40 year old mj lip-syncing to a 20 year old mj's voice. Couldn't he have altered with the pitch of the studio vocals or something, so that it wasn't so blatantly obvious that he wasn't singing live?

I think mj took the piss with history tour. He probably thought that he is michael jackson, so he can get away with lip-syncing. It was ridiculous that he didn't even try to hide his lip-syncing.

lmbo!

Back