Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

To PoP

I wholeheartedly agree that you should fight back. We cannot let people diminish Michael's work and life.

And for sure if this Red Table Talk turns out as advertised, I will be done with Ms Pinkett-Smith as well. I will add her to my list of people who are 'cancelled' for me.

However, I still think that we have to be careful with how we express ourselves - our anger and outrage - is all I am saying.

I agree. some fans need to calm down. don't get me wrong i'm mad too that all this happening before Michael 10th anniversary passing. but some fans need to work on their angry. ugh. i hate it too. poor Michael. :cry:

TheChosenOne;4257740 said:
To PoP

I wholeheartedly agree that you should fight back. We cannot let people diminish Michael's work and life.

And for sure if this Red Table Talk turns out as advertised, I will be done with Ms Pinkett-Smith as well. I will add her to my list of people who are 'cancelled' for me.

However, I still think that we have to be careful with how we express ourselves - our anger and outrage - is all I am saying.

NatureCriminal7896;4257744 said:
I agree. some fans need to calm down. don't get me wrong i'm mad too that all this happening before Michael 10th anniversary passing. but some fans need to work on their angry. ugh. i hate it too. poor Michael. :cry:

:doh:Ugh....:doh: You have no idea how much stress I’m going thru for a few months because of them whom are worse than Jada Pinkett-Smith, it’s not just them I have to tell off and deal with, I also have to deal with Brad Marchand haters whom are just as bad as MJ haters. So I don’t need this right now.

Last edited:

True but I understand. MJ is always under attack by these media folks and some fans are ready to go in. I say what MJ and fans go through is abuse from the media. And with some media, I am tired of some of them wanted MJ to prove so much but not the accusers even when lies about them are reveal. If Jade is going to talk about MJ, then she better talk about the lies by MJ's accusers (she better remember she is married to Will Smith who is a target as well for liars). MJ did everything he could do to clear his name (and beyond), yet these accusers even these who Defended MJ and now want to lie to make $$$ are always changing their stories, lying,willing to talk to tabloids for $$ but want to avoid authorities, etc. I feel the MEDIA know this is BS (look these fools barley talked about Wade and James in 2013 -2018 even when Wade was on tabloid shows. Even now, one or two media out talks about this trash (folks have moved on, many folks just aint buying it. The media can say what they want but when people hear about law suits and defending, most people think it is BS. The media just want to post about people who think otherwise. Look even at Gardner School. According to some media in LA, they "claimed" they could not find no one who wanted the name to stay up; and look, 70% or more voted to keep it). I am seeing the media's BS each minute especially entertainment media but then again their name says it all "entertainment media".

Last edited:
A familiar someone has recently dealt with lies of sexual assault allegations and animal cruelty and just defeated the allegations.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thanks so much! <a href="https://twitter.com/MegaConOrlando?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MegaConOrlando</a> <a href="https://t.co/Yw4JPcElDm">https://t.co/Yw4JPcElDm</a></p>&mdash; Jim Cummings (@Jimcummingsacme) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jimcummingsacme/status/1127379128141762560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And I am going to tell fans to notice something else I picked up. When u see a story about Weinstein, the "comment" section is off or they wont have the comment section up. I went to usatoday to wanted to read about the professionor who some want him to leave the college for representing Weinstein. Usatoday had every comments section open about MJ but Weinstein, NONE. This also happen when Weinstein had to go to court a few Friday ago. I said now everything is starting to make sense. Bothering a man who has been gone for 10 years and defended himself in court talk about 2 proven liars who they ignored BUT wont talk much about a HOLLYWOOD mogul who is ALIVE and up for trial and who has hearings going on. Think about it. Even Orpah has NEVER said nothing about Weinstein since last year. Even Gloria Alred and her pie face daughter who represented Weinstein said nothing.

terrell;4257755 said:
And I am going to tell fans to notice something else I picked up. When u see a story about Weinstein, the "comment" section is off or they wont have the comment section up. I went to usatoday to wanted to read about the professionor who some want him to leave the college for representing Weinstein. Usatoday had every comments section open about MJ but Weinstein, NONE. This also happen when Weinstein had to go to court a few Friday ago. I said now everything is starting to make sense. Bothering a man who has been gone for 10 years and defended himself in court talk about 2 proven liars who they ignored BUT wont talk much about a HOLLYWOOD mogul who is ALIVE and up for trial and who has hearings going on. Think about it. Even Orpah has NEVER said nothing about Weinstein since last year. Even Gloria Alred and her pie face daughter who represented Weinstein said nothing.

It has ALWAYS been a conspiracy when it comes to Michael. He knew it and when he tried to tell people, they tried to act as if it was his imagination or he was &#8220;crazy&#8221;. The media implied it, some jealous idiots in the industry said it, the public said it, and even some fans acted as if Michael was over reacting. The conspiracy began in Michael&#8217;s own words: When I started breaking Elvis and the Beatles records...they started calling me a child molestor, calling me gay...&#8221; This conspiracy is because MichEl was too powerful when he was alive and he is still powerful and influential even in death. These people want to destroy that and they have been trying for 35+ years WE, the fans, are the reason that they haven&#8217;t been successful and WE are the reason, they won&#8217;t be successful in their agenda.

Yes, the media and Hollywood is trying to protect the predator, Harvey Weinstein. When Michael was alive, Weinstein and the National Enquirer worked together to spread false rumors about Michael, in order to deflect the heat from him(Weinstein). They are still doing it and it is definitely a conspiracy.

somewhereinthedark;4257756 said:
It has ALWAYS been a conspiracy when it comes to Michael. He knew it and when he tried to tell people, they tried to act as if it was his imagination or he was “crazy”. The media implied it, some jealous idiots in the industry said it, the public said it, and even some fans acted as if Michael was over reacting. The conspiracy began in Michael’s own words: When I started breaking Elvis and the Beatles records...they started calling me a child molestor, calling me gay...” This conspiracy is because MichEl was too powerful when he was alive and he is still powerful and influential even in death. These people want to destroy that and they have been trying for 35+ years WE, the fans, are the reason that they haven’t been successful and WE are the reason, they won’t be successful in their agenda.

I agree i'm one those people who knew he knew he was gonna die. people call me crazy too. there's something there and of course Michael and anyone else have to stay quiet because you know. Michael wasn't all that quiet about it when it came to it and this one the reason i love this man. Michael was indeed too powerful and i don't wanna bring race in the picture but Michael was also black man. he was one of the black entertainer to change society and break barriers. Michael was WAY too much! so they had to get rid of him. it's so sad and of course they wanna erase him (which they won't.) because he did so much. nope it's not gonna happen no matter how much they want too.

Was that an appropriate response?

We use mean words and cast about hate too quickly nowadays.

You don't have to hate her, you can just disagree with her and present her with the facts.

This is why MJ fans have a reputation for being irrational. Sigh.

I agree w/ PoP. I suggest you take a look at this thread:
https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/142807-MJ-and-LGBT

A few months ago, I was insulted in the 'Michael Jackson: Paedophile (continued)' thread over at MadonnaNation (I had joined that forum years ago since I also love and follow Madonna). That member told me: "F*** off, pedo apologist" in big caps! I reported their post, but I was punished, suspended and warned for "abusive behaviour" when I was polite to other members. And one of the mods called me an "MJ pedophile apologist".

I stopped posting there but went back and made a few more (respectful) posts in that thread after Madonna's latest support of Michael Jackson. I was immediately banned, and another mod called me a "sick pedo apologist c***"! So who's being irrational? That level of anger and hatred is scary to say the least!

Not only they do not care Madonna herself believes in due process ("innocent until proven guilty", will not join the lynch mob), they willingly chose to remain ignorant. I told them about the train station lie, very briefly (in one line or so) went over all eight allegations (Chandler, Francia, George, the unnamed Toronto boy, Arvizo, Robson, Safechuck, Jacobshagen), but they ignored it all!

According those cretins, we are the s*ckos, the weirdos, the unhinged lunatics; with them, facts are conspiracy theories and conspiracy theories, false, unproven allegations are facts... The level of enraged and deranged vitriol I saw in that forum is unprecedented! And what about Diane Dimond? She's now claiming on Twitter that according to her "law enforcement sources", Michael Jackson paid $200 million to silence what she calls "victims"... The same Diane Dimond that recently told Taj Jackson to "watch himself", criticizing him for rightfully calling her and Maureen Orth liars; Dimond told Taj he is deserving of lawsuits and scorn (her words!)...

And now, Jada Pinkett Smith, four months after Leaving Neverland, has the audacity to ask the question: "Did Michael abuse because he was abused?", implying Michael did in fact abuse when there are literally dozens of Leaving Neverland rebuttal videos and articles. Why won't she consult them? Why didn't she agree to have Brandi and Taj on her show? In a way, we should moderate our comments, but in another way, things have gotten to a point we sometimes need to show our teeth!

somewhereinthedark;4257756 said:
It has ALWAYS been a conspiracy when it comes to Michael. He knew it and when he tried to tell people, they tried to act as if it was his imagination or he was “crazy”. The media implied it, some jealous idiots in the industry said it, the public said it, and even some fans acted as if Michael was over reacting. The conspiracy began in Michael’s own words: When I started breaking Elvis and the Beatles records...they started calling me a child molestor, calling me gay...” This conspiracy is because MichEl was too powerful when he was alive and he is still powerful and influential even in death. These people want to destroy that and they have been trying for 35+ years WE, the fans, are the reason that they haven’t been successful and WE are the reason, they won’t be successful in their agenda.
I couldnt of said it better. IMO its much more than that. Mj wanted to change the world for the better. Thats who he was (Captain EOs early APOM and Heal the world Superbowl petformance stand out when I type this.) He had the power and influence to do it. Go back and watch when Mj went to the white house.
Its easier to tune someone out or forget their message when you have been brainwashed to believe this person is a monster.
MJ wasnt crazy for speaking the truth. I seen an article today something like "What MJ would look like today if he never had 100 surgeries" smh. They would never do this to any other deceased artist. Only MJ because hes not "human" to them. Anything for $$.

PoP;4257751 said:
:doh:Ugh....:doh: You have no idea how much stress I’m going thru for a few months because of them whom are worse than Jada Pinkett-Smith, it’s not just them I have to tell off and deal with, I also have to deal with Brad Marchand haters whom are just as bad as MJ haters. So I don’t need this right now.
I cant stand Brad Marchand. Dirty Player. However Bruins are in the Semi finals so you have nothing to worry about lol.

I agree w/ PoP. I suggest you take a look at this thread:
https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/142807-MJ-and-LGBT

A few months ago, I was insulted in the 'Michael Jackson: Paedophile (continued)' thread over at MadonnaNation (I had joined that forum years ago since I also love and follow Madonna). That member told me: "F*** off, pedo apologist" in big caps! I reported their post, but I was punished, suspended and warned for "abusive behaviour" when I was polite to other members. And one of the mods called me an "MJ pedophile apologist".

I stopped posting there but went back and made a few more (respectful) posts in that thread after Madonna's latest support of Michael Jackson. I was immediately banned, and another mod called me a "sick pedo apologist c***"! So who's being irrational? That level of anger and hatred is scary to say the least!

Not only they do not care Madonna herself believes in due process ("innocent until proven guilty", will not join the lynch mob), they willingly chose to remain ignorant. I told them about the train station lie, very briefly (in one line or so) went over all eight allegations (Chandler, Francia, George, the unnamed Toronto boy, Arvizo, Robson, Safechuck, Jacobshagen), but they ignored it all!

According those cretins, we are the s*ckos, the weirdos, the unhinged lunatics; with them, facts are conspiracy theories and conspiracy theories, false, unproven allegations are facts... The level of enraged and deranged vitriol I saw in that forum is unprecedented! And what about Diane Dimond? She's now claiming on Twitter that according to her "law enforcement sources", Michael Jackson paid $200 million to silence what she calls "victims"... The same Diane Dimond that recently told Taj Jackson to "watch himself", criticizing him for rightfully calling her and Maureen Orth liars; Dimond told Taj he is deserving of lawsuits and scorn (her words!)...

And now, Jada Pinkett Smith, four months after Leaving Neverland, has the audacity to ask the question: "Did Michael abuse because he was abused?", implying Michael did in fact abuse when there are literally dozens of Leaving Neverland rebuttal videos and articles. Why won't she consult them? Why didn't she agree to have Brandi and Taj on her show? In a way, we should moderate our comments, but in another way, things have gotten to a point we sometimes need to show our teeth!

Whoa!

I couldnt of said it better. IMO its much more than that. Mj wanted to change the world for the better. Thats who he was (Captain EOs early APOM and Heal the world Superbowl petformance stand out when I type this.) He had the power and influence to do it. Go back and watch when Mj went to the white house.
Its easier to tune someone out or forget their message when you have been brainwashed to believe this person is a monster.
MJ wasnt crazy for speaking the truth. I seen an article today something like "What MJ would look like today if he never had 100 surgeries" smh. They would never do this to any other deceased artist. Only MJ because hes not "human" to them. Anything for $$.

Agree.

I'm not usually interested in conspiracies but have heard some relating to Michael. I read someone's belief that it started with the Black or White film. Apparently white people were offended by the panther dance segment and due to 500 million people watching it on the first airing, his platform was considered too big and he might've influenced people too much. So then came the allegations a year or so later.

I think the Weinstein hearing has been quiet in the news because the judge asked it to be secret with no reporters and public there. I'm sure the press could have found something to say though!

I don't know, but whenever a celebrity comes out against Michael and is in support of Leaving Neverland, I now have to question what their connections are. It often seems to go back to Weinstein IMO.

PoP;4257751 said:
:doh:Ugh....:doh: You have no idea how much stress I&#8217;m going thru for a few months because of them whom are worse than Jada Pinkett-Smith, it&#8217;s not just them I have to tell off and deal with, I also have to deal with Brad Marchand haters whom are just as bad as MJ haters. So I don&#8217;t need this right now.

I understand. It is extremely stressful for all fans. However, you can&#8217;t allow it to consume you. I know exactly how you feel. I have been through this so many times in the last 35+ years. The thing that makes it even harder for fans with this latest scam is that Michael is not here to defend himself. THAT is what Egghead, ROBson, Upchuck, Orca and the others involved in this conspiracy were depending on. THEY thought that since Michael was no longer here, they could say whatever they wanted and go basically unchallenged. They never in a million years thought they would run into a fandom as aware, strong, determined, intelligent and persistent as WE are. Egghead even stated in an interview-&#8220; but he&#8217;s dead&#8221;. That shows just how arrogant and stupid that bastard is. He thought that they could say these things and no one would challenge them, because Michael is gone.
They thought wrong.

Last edited:
NatureCriminal7896;4257733 said:
I swear i'm starting not to like the smith family to much anymore.

It does make me wonder what Will Smith thinks of Michael now if Jada is asking this sort of question...

PoP;4257754 said:
A familiar someone has recently dealt with lies of sexual assault allegations and animal cruelty and just defeated the allegations.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thanks so much! <a href="https://twitter.com/MegaConOrlando?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MegaConOrlando</a> <a href="https://t.co/Yw4JPcElDm">https://t.co/Yw4JPcElDm</a></p>— Jim Cummings (@Jimcummingsacme) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jimcummingsacme/status/1127379128141762560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Holy crap, Jim Cummings was accused of this?! I had no idea but I'm glad he fought back and won.

Arckangel;4257763 said:

It's pretty insane to see how other forums are silencing anyone who defends Michael, no matter how respectful they are and how much proof they provide. On another MJ forum someone was talking about how someone on the forum DigitalSpy was actually twisting Harrison Funk's words to make it sound like he claimed that the train station WAS there. No joke. Funk has made it clear that the train station wasn't there at the time he took his pics but this dude was claiming that Funk said it WAS there. And when he was called out for being wrong, he tried to backpedal/come up with all these excuses, and the guy defending Michael got warned and had his comments removed.

I never really believed the hype about "censorship" on forums and such but man... there seems to be truth to that after all.

Again with the "$200 million to silence victims" story?! Notice how they never provide actual proof; they just state this and say "oh it came from a source" so they look credible. They don't give names of sources, they don't name the "victims", they don't provide bank statements or checks or agreements... there is literally NOTHING to back that claim up. They just say "hey this happened cause this unnamed person says so" and people just take it as fact because they're dumb.

Again with the "$200 million to silence victims" story?! Notice how they never provide actual proof; they just state this and say "oh it came from a source" so they look credible. They don't give names of sources, they don't name the "victims", they don't provide bank statements or checks or agreements... there is literally NOTHING to back that claim up. They just say "hey this happened cause this unnamed person says so" and people just take it as fact because they're dumb.

She is a liar. if that was true, the FBI would have reported it and it would have came out in trial.

he same Diane Dimond that recently told Taj Jackson to "watch himself", criticizing him for rightfully calling her and Maureen Orth liars; Dimond told Taj he is deserving of lawsuits and scorn (her words!)...

She can be called a liar. That is easy to prove.

It's pretty insane to see how other forums are silencing anyone who defends Michael, no matter how respectful they are and how much proof they provide. On another MJ forum someone was talking about how someone on the forum DigitalSpy was actually twisting Harrison Funk's words to make it sound like he claimed that the train station WAS there. No joke. Funk has made it clear that the train station wasn't there at the time he took his pics but this dude was claiming that Funk said it WAS there. And when he was called out for being wrong, he tried to backpedal/come up with all these excuses, and the guy defending Michael got warned and had his comments removed.

I never really believed the hype about "censorship" on forums and such but man... there seems to be truth to that after all.

Forums I have been on support MJ. And really, if u go on a "forum" about another celeb, their fans are going to trash the other celebs you talk about regardless. Remember some people sit back and their job is to trash people and other celebs.
And who would go through all that to edit/twist someone's word to make something that was proven to be a lie to try to make it true when it was not? Good thinking people will not do such a thing. Trolls and sicko do stuff like that.

Last edited:

As LONG as MADONNA said what she said, careless about some fans on her site (MJ is view greater and some of her fans are going to trash anything on him just for being that. Put Whitney, beyonce, mariah, etc on there. You will get the same reaction. If she call u that, then what is Madonna who defended MJ for years and why is she a mod still over Madonna site? See how stupid and see through these people are. I would not be surprise if she/he is not a pedo.

I don't know, but whenever a celebrity comes out against Michael and is in support of Leaving Neverland, I now have to question what their connections are. It often seems to go back to Weinstein IMO.
David Geffen, Les moonves Bryan Singer...etc the real predators who have deflected from their own perversion by launching campaigns in the media against MJ.

David Geffen, Les moonves Bryan Singer...etc the real predators who have deflected from their own perversion by launching campaigns in the media against MJ.
Exactly. And I like Carbi B and her music but still Carli B ADMITTED to drugging and robbing men and none of these people who want to bother MJ have had no discussion about Carli B. That shows all of this 'movement" and FAKE outrage when it come to certain people, not the issue.

somewhereinthedark;4257771 said:
I understand. It is extremely stressful for all fans. However, you can&#8217;t allow it to consume you. I know exactly how you feel. I have been through this so many times in the last 35+ years. The thing that makes it even harder for fans with this latest scam is that Michael is not here to defend himself. THAT is what Egghead, ROBson, Upchuck, Orca and the others involved in this conspiracy were depending on. THEY thought that since Michael was no longer here, they could say whatever they wanted and go basically unchallenged. They never in a million years thought they would run into a fandom as aware, strong, determined, intelligent and persistent as WE are. Egghead even stated in an interview-&#8220; but he&#8217;s dead&#8221;. That shows just how arrogant and stupid that bastard is. He thought that they could say these things and no one would challenge them, because Michael is gone.
They thought wrong.
And fans need to keep putting the facts out. And when I hear media talking about fans, I say "we are bursting them out". Amazing how these media can judge fans and what we think YET they want to listen to proven LIARS whom they ignored in the past while trashing Trump for lying and doing the same thing as Wade/James. See the foolishness.

Last edited:
Amaya;4257774 said:
Holy crap, Jim Cummings was accused of this?! I had no idea but I'm glad he fought back and won.

Yeah, it was new to me and I thought when was he accused and I responded to him on his victory and he&#8217;s about to learn #FactsDontLiePeopleDo and he gave a like for my response to him.

terrell;4257777 said:
he same Diane Dimond that recently told Taj Jackson to "watch himself", criticizing him for rightfully calling her and Maureen Orth liars; Dimond told Taj he is deserving of lawsuits and scorn (her words!)...

She can be called a liar. That is easy to prove.

Not mention she&#8217;s going to update her garbage book. I basically told her off on that subject.

More LN 'bullsh1t': (I'd love to know what the sales figs. for this soundtrack are.)

(Incidentally, I notice that gREED and HBO are given credits for the photos of Wade and MJ in the photos accompanying the article. That can't be right? Has gREED/ HBO purchased the rights to these pics, I wonder? )

&#8216;Leaving Neverland&#8217; Composer Chad Hobson Reveals Why He Didn&#8217;t Want to Release the Soundtrack'

Awards Daily&#8217;s Megan McLachlan talks with Leaving Neverland composer Chad Hobson about the process of creating the stunning score and why director Dan Reed&#8217;s filmmaking is so effective: &#8216;He&#8217;s very clear, but open at the same time, for you to really make the choice.&#8217;

One of the most exciting things a musician can experience is fan-demand for the release of music. Not so for Chad Hobson, music composer for HBO&#8217;s Leaving Neverland, the documentary that follows the years of alleged child sexual abuse at the hands of Michael Jackson. Fans urged Hobson to release the music from the Leaving Neverland soundtrack, but he was reluctant to do so.

&#8220;Do you want to be the guy that brought down Michael Jackson?&#8221; says Hobson. &#8220;But I was completely bombarded by people who wanted the music. I don&#8217;t think anyone realized how it would hit the #MeToo movement; I didn&#8217;t realize how empowering this would be for victims. When I realized that, I knew I had to put [the music] out. Just because you&#8217;re famous doesn&#8217;t mean you&#8217;re above it.&#8221;

For the soundtrack to be memorable in one of the most-talked-about documentaries of the year is a true testament to the music adding to the narrative. It sounds like something out of a fairy tale.

&#8220;I&#8217;ve truly been overwhelmed by the reaction of the music. I really didn&#8217;t think that would register in people&#8217;s minds, other than the duty of the music to tell the story. It was a difficult process. My father died the weekend that I started work on it. I was in this really strange situation. And I felt the healing of that was to throw myself into what I loved most, which was music.&#8221;

The Composing Process

Before he even started working on the score, Hobson was called in by director and frequent collaborator Dan Reed to see a top-secret edit the film; the composer was left awestruck by what he viewed.

&#8220;They showed me the first twenty minutes, I didn&#8217;t utter a word. My jaw hit the floor. I thought, &#8216;All right. Okay. Here we go.&#8217; Until I&#8217;d seen the rest of the edit, I thought, &#8216;How is this going to be four hours?&#8217; Then you watch the first two hours, and you&#8217;re dying to find out what the next part is.&#8221;

After seeing the cut, Hobson set out to depict the idea through music of what it would be like to meet the King of Pop.

&#8220;You needed to feel the excitement and incredible coincidence of meeting this enormous star, and the magic and the joy&#8212;before we could get into the rest of the story, you really needed to feel that amazement. Michael Jackson is standing right in front of me. The magical element of the orchestra was all about the complete craziness of meeting this guy who was at the height of his powers.&#8221;

Hobson describes the process of composing the music as &#8220;properly bonkers,&#8221; especially when the movie grew from a two-hour film into a two-night, four-hour HBO event. He wrote, recorded, and delivered 132 cues in just two months, often having to work with orchestrations in different time zones from LA to Ecuador.

&#8216;I&#8217;m a Happy-Go-Lucky Guy!&#8217;
This isn&#8217;t the first time Hobson and Reed worked together, as Hobson is often Reed&#8217;s go-to guy for music composition, on films with dark, tragic themes.

&#8220;I&#8217;ve worked with Dan many times and his filmmaking is always on the edge, with very difficult subject matter. Totally brilliant, and I love the challenge of trying to elevate myself to the standards that he has. He&#8217;s way up there, multi-award winning and all that and a great guy.&#8221;

Topics of Reed&#8217;s documentaries have included children dying of cancer and the Charlie Hebdo attacks, among others. But Hobson describes himself as a &#8220;happy-go-lucky&#8221; guy despite working on a lot of somber projects.

&#8220;I am a bit of a crazy person,&#8221; says Hobson. &#8220;I like difficulty. All of these despicable acts [on film] have their challenges of how to engage people in the story. As a composer, I always think it&#8217;s my duty to help tell the story. Why else would you want to do a job unless it&#8217;s challenging? If you&#8217;re going to stretch yourself artistically, you have to challenge yourself.&#8221;

Thoughts on Michael Jackson
When it comes to Hobson&#8217;s opinion on the Michael Jackson allegations in the film, he says he was in disbelief like much of the rest of the world, making the same assumptions people have for years&#8212;that it&#8217;s just Michael Jackson, he&#8217;s eccentric; that some people might just be trying to get money out of him. Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck&#8217;s stories in the film are too loud to ignore.

&#8220;At the premiere in the UK, the last time I heard an audience react like that was Schindler&#8217;s List. Nobody moved. Nobody said a word. The credits went up and you could hear a pin drop. Dan&#8217;s filmmaking is like that. He&#8217;s very clear, but open at the same time, for you to really make the choice&#8212;here&#8217;s the stuff, you make your decision. I think he&#8217;s always been very fair with that. He doesn&#8217;t try to stick any kind of message down your throat. In other words, if the boys were lying, you would have seen them for what they were, and if they&#8217;re telling the truth, then you see that.&#8221;

Hobson just wanted to support Reed with music that honored the story.

&#8220;Whether he&#8217;s guilty or not guilty, I wanted to tell the story the best I could with music, and hopefully I managed to do that. That was my job.&#8221;

As a musician himself, he understands why listening to MJ&#8217;s music might make people uncomfortable now, since some of the lyrical content has a different frame to be viewed through [&#8220;P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)&#8221; comes to mind]. He doesn&#8217;t find himself listening to Michael Jackson for an entirely different reason.

&#8220;It&#8217;s such a difficult one. The man or the music? I grew up with Michael Jackson. While I wasn&#8217;t a massive, crazy fan, I was a fan. Not sure how much playing of Michael Jackson I do these days, not so much because of all this, just because there&#8217;s loads of music to play. No need to play 30-year-old music.&#8221;

https://www.awardsdaily.com/2019/05/12/leaving-neverland-composer-chad-hobson-interview/

^ Yuck. They really are pushing this for all it's worth, aren't they?

myosotis;4257824 said:
More LN 'bullsh1t': (I'd love to know what the sales figs. for this soundtrack are.)

(Incidentally, I notice that gREED and HBO are given credits for the photos of Wade and MJ in the photos accompanying the article. That can't be right? Has gREED/ HBO purchased the rights to these pics, I wonder? )

&#8216;Leaving Neverland&#8217; Composer Chad Hobson Reveals Why He Didn&#8217;t Want to Release the Soundtrack'

Awards Daily&#8217;s Megan McLachlan talks with Leaving Neverland composer Chad Hobson about the process of creating the stunning score and why director Dan Reed&#8217;s filmmaking is so effective: &#8216;He&#8217;s very clear, but open at the same time, for you to really make the choice.&#8217;

One of the most exciting things a musician can experience is fan-demand for the release of music. Not so for Chad Hobson, music composer for HBO&#8217;s Leaving Neverland, the documentary that follows the years of alleged child sexual abuse at the hands of Michael Jackson. Fans urged Hobson to release the music from the Leaving Neverland soundtrack, but he was reluctant to do so.

&#8220;Do you want to be the guy that brought down Michael Jackson?&#8221; says Hobson. &#8220;But I was completely bombarded by people who wanted the music. I don&#8217;t think anyone realized how it would hit the #MeToo movement; I didn&#8217;t realize how empowering this would be for victims. When I realized that, I knew I had to put [the music] out. Just because you&#8217;re famous doesn&#8217;t mean you&#8217;re above it.&#8221;

For the soundtrack to be memorable in one of the most-talked-about documentaries of the year is a true testament to the music adding to the narrative. It sounds like something out of a fairy tale.

&#8220;I&#8217;ve truly been overwhelmed by the reaction of the music. I really didn&#8217;t think that would register in people&#8217;s minds, other than the duty of the music to tell the story. It was a difficult process. My father died the weekend that I started work on it. I was in this really strange situation. And I felt the healing of that was to throw myself into what I loved most, which was music.&#8221;

The Composing Process

Before he even started working on the score, Hobson was called in by director and frequent collaborator Dan Reed to see a top-secret edit the film; the composer was left awestruck by what he viewed.

&#8220;They showed me the first twenty minutes, I didn&#8217;t utter a word. My jaw hit the floor. I thought, &#8216;All right. Okay. Here we go.&#8217; Until I&#8217;d seen the rest of the edit, I thought, &#8216;How is this going to be four hours?&#8217; Then you watch the first two hours, and you&#8217;re dying to find out what the next part is.&#8221;

After seeing the cut, Hobson set out to depict the idea through music of what it would be like to meet the King of Pop.

&#8220;You needed to feel the excitement and incredible coincidence of meeting this enormous star, and the magic and the joy&#8212;before we could get into the rest of the story, you really needed to feel that amazement. Michael Jackson is standing right in front of me. The magical element of the orchestra was all about the complete craziness of meeting this guy who was at the height of his powers.&#8221;

Hobson describes the process of composing the music as &#8220;properly bonkers,&#8221; especially when the movie grew from a two-hour film into a two-night, four-hour HBO event. He wrote, recorded, and delivered 132 cues in just two months, often having to work with orchestrations in different time zones from LA to Ecuador.

&#8216;I&#8217;m a Happy-Go-Lucky Guy!&#8217;
This isn&#8217;t the first time Hobson and Reed worked together, as Hobson is often Reed&#8217;s go-to guy for music composition, on films with dark, tragic themes.

&#8220;I&#8217;ve worked with Dan many times and his filmmaking is always on the edge, with very difficult subject matter. Totally brilliant, and I love the challenge of trying to elevate myself to the standards that he has. He&#8217;s way up there, multi-award winning and all that and a great guy.&#8221;

Topics of Reed&#8217;s documentaries have included children dying of cancer and the Charlie Hebdo attacks, among others. But Hobson describes himself as a &#8220;happy-go-lucky&#8221; guy despite working on a lot of somber projects.

&#8220;I am a bit of a crazy person,&#8221; says Hobson. &#8220;I like difficulty. All of these despicable acts [on film] have their challenges of how to engage people in the story. As a composer, I always think it&#8217;s my duty to help tell the story. Why else would you want to do a job unless it&#8217;s challenging? If you&#8217;re going to stretch yourself artistically, you have to challenge yourself.&#8221;

Thoughts on Michael Jackson
When it comes to Hobson&#8217;s opinion on the Michael Jackson allegations in the film, he says he was in disbelief like much of the rest of the world, making the same assumptions people have for years&#8212;that it&#8217;s just Michael Jackson, he&#8217;s eccentric; that some people might just be trying to get money out of him. Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck&#8217;s stories in the film are too loud to ignore.

&#8220;At the premiere in the UK, the last time I heard an audience react like that was Schindler&#8217;s List. Nobody moved. Nobody said a word. The credits went up and you could hear a pin drop. Dan&#8217;s filmmaking is like that. He&#8217;s very clear, but open at the same time, for you to really make the choice&#8212;here&#8217;s the stuff, you make your decision. I think he&#8217;s always been very fair with that. He doesn&#8217;t try to stick any kind of message down your throat. In other words, if the boys were lying, you would have seen them for what they were, and if they&#8217;re telling the truth, then you see that.&#8221;

Hobson just wanted to support Reed with music that honored the story.

&#8220;Whether he&#8217;s guilty or not guilty, I wanted to tell the story the best I could with music, and hopefully I managed to do that. That was my job.&#8221;

As a musician himself, he understands why listening to MJ&#8217;s music might make people uncomfortable now, since some of the lyrical content has a different frame to be viewed through [&#8220;P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)&#8221; comes to mind]. He doesn&#8217;t find himself listening to Michael Jackson for an entirely different reason.

&#8220;It&#8217;s such a difficult one. The man or the music? I grew up with Michael Jackson. While I wasn&#8217;t a massive, crazy fan, I was a fan. Not sure how much playing of Michael Jackson I do these days, not so much because of all this, just because there&#8217;s loads of music to play. No need to play 30-year-old music.&#8221;

https://www.awardsdaily.com/2019/05/12/leaving-neverland-composer-chad-hobson-interview/

The funny thing is, the vast majority of the public has ZERO interest in this documentary or the soundtrack. In fact at least half the people I've talked to in the past few months have had no idea this doc even existed. The mainstream media and the METOO crowd have pushed this hoping for it to catch on.

But in reality, the Cirque Du Soleil show is still going on and selling well, broadway still planning to go ahead, MJ's music still being played, etc. His legacy was damaged but not destroyed. It will repair trust me. Music is VERY powerful, especially when you're looked up to like a god. Michael is considered gold in the industry. He's like Godzilla. His music will live forever.

Amaya;4257825 said:
^ Yuck. They really are pushing this for all it's worth, aren't they?

These people are endorsing a child porn/NAMBLA inspired film. Real pedophiles have a soundtrack to “get off” on while molesting Children. The MeToo movement is complicit with legitimizing this crap, and so is MSM.

Back