Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 Carrying MJ Molestation Doc

This is dreadful... The only positive is that many comments I have seen do support MJ - certainly, the general public is a lot more sceptical of allegations against him than they were in 2003-2005. But who knows what will happen once the documentary airs...

I am really starting to think that a rebuttal documentary is the way to go. With some fringe documentaries in the past ('MJ's Secret World', 'Michael Jackson's Boys', etc), ignoring them made sense. But they appear to really be pushing this, and given that it is piggybacking on the MeToo hype and the success of Surviving R. Kelly, it will likely get a lot of attention. A simple statement rejecting the allegations will not suffice. The best thing would obviously be a major documentary series focusing on all the trash allegations against MJ. But even something like the Take 2 rebuttal (but without Maury Povich and better produced) may be a good solution in the meantime.

Last edited:

I think alot of the general public are getting and tired of these allegations and dont really belive it anymore. Its like my mum said they cant sue a dead man so whats the point? i think they just love the attention and thats why they are doing it as wade seems to like that type of person

Ne-Yo has publicly defended Michael on TMZ. Let's get more celebs behind this. Very proud to be part of the MJ family right now, we've really pulled together here and it's great to see.

you mean ne yo said something bout this recently?

The only thing that reassures me with all of this is that the Wade/Jimmy lawsuit against the Estate had very limited general publicity, and even then most people seemed to laugh it off due to Wade’s previous statements and testimony under oath. It’s not believable.

What will really bother me is that HBO and Channel 4 will inevitably pump money into promoting this piece of garbage. People who don’t even know about the Wade lawsuit and have no idea about his previous positive comments and testimony under oath, will take his allegations at face value with none of the context. That is what is damaging.

The most sickening thing here is that MJ was tried and acquitted in his lifetime. He had these allegations dogging him for 25 years before his death and he was investigated to within an inch of his life. This is not a Jimmy Saville situation where he was never brought to justice or had his day in court. These allegations are preposterous and were thrown out of court not long ago. That should be the end of the matter but these parasites will continue to stoop as low as they can to make a buck.

you mean ne yo said something bout this recently?

Yeah, he got stopped at an airport for TMZ and defended Michael saying there was never any evidence and the accusers were after money.

I don't think the estate are going to do anything except release that statement. They're just gonna wait on it to pass like they always do. Although I don't think it will this time honestly.

I have faith that people are more wise to this in 2019, I can’t see it changing anyone’s opinion if they already love Michael....but it will add fuel to the fire of those who already believe the allegations and they will think this backs them up when it doesn’t.

It definitely baffles me that people would rather believe something bad than something good, these two testified and said that Michael never touched them....but people didn’t want to believe that....now they are saying he did touch them...oh yeah well now we want to believe them! These people who buy into this stuff must live sad, depressing lives.

If Wade and/or Jimmy are actually interviewed, then this will be the first time anyone has actually made an allegation about Mike on camera as far as I can recall. Which would be damaging.

Edit: I suppose Wade did do interviews on tv when he first made these accusations.

ChrisC;4236695 said:
It's a little different in this case. This one was commissioned by them.

Yep, means it’ll be almost impossible for them to agree to pull it.

I've emailed them and so far have received a reply from only Channel 4 which I've pasted below.

Dear Mr*Ward,

Thank you for your email.

The film, Leaving Neverland, examines the allegations of sexual abuse of young boys made against Michael Jackson and carries testimony from men who speak about their childhood experiences with Mr Jackson.* A version of the film is being screened at the Sundance Film Festival later this month. A broadcast date has not yet been fixed for Channel 4.

Channel 4 has a remit to deliver high quality news and current affairs, and an excellent track record for investigative documentary journalism. It is in the public interest to allow these individuals to tell of their interactions with Michael Jackson. He was of course a high-profile figure whose work still entertains millions of people but who was previously accused of child sex abuse.

We have however logged your comment with regards to the screening of this documentary.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate all feedback from our viewers; complimentary or otherwise.

Regards,*

Noel Turner

Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

That tweet about Weinstein with fake MJ stories, I must have missed that. What was that all about?

Also, with no evidence whatsoever what is this documentary even gonna be about? Safechuck and Robson sitting in their house and doing a tell all about their "traumas"? There should be rules about this kind of shit. A rule that if these people have been heard by the judge and the judge had dismissed it, they are forbidden to make a doc or whatever about it. This is a case of too much freedom.

I didn't follow the news when these two pricks came with those allegations, I wasn't nearly as up to date as you guys. So I have no idea about the details, but I'm sure this "documentary" will have it all. No way I'm gonna watch this shit though, I'm so done with this trash.

Last edited:
We all need to email HBO, Channel 4 and Sundance. It won’t do much in terms of getting the doc pulled, but we should make our voices heard.

My only hope is that this documentary passes without much attention. It’ll be on tv one night, some people will watch it, but hopefully won’t make a big splash and then we move on.

That tweet about Weinstein with fake MJ stories, I must have missed that. What was that all about?

Also, with no evidence whatsoever what is this documentary even gonna be about? Safechuck and Robson sitting in their house and doing a tell all about their "traumas"? There should be rules about this kind of shit. A rule that if these people have been heard by the judge and the judge had dismissed it, they are forbidden to make a doc or whatever about it. This is a case of too much freedom.

I didn't follow the news when these two pricks came with those allegations, I wasn't nearly as up to date as you guys. So I have no idea about the details, but I'm sure this "documentary" will have it all. No way I'm gonna watch this shit though, I'm so done with this trash.

I recommend everybody sign the petition, and write to both Channel 4 and HBO to complain at the prospect of this show being broadcast.
Possibly they'll just salivate over the fuss that's being made but maybe, just maybe, they'll sit back and see sense.

Providing a platform for two individuals to make money from spinning yarns that have already been debunked in legal documents is NOT in the public interest, whatever they decide to say in their response to comments received. They're just making fools of themselves and damaging their credentials with anybody that has knowledge of the civil case.

We come here daily hoping for some news, (new music, new release of some sort etc.)

Every day, than finally..... and it's this!

What an anticlimactic, disgusting piece of news.. how many times does this man need to close his name? Hes not here to do anything and it's not fair nor is it right..

Angry,pissed off and totally fed up with this crap.
I just thought to myself...here we go again when I heard about the documentry.
I signed the petition and sent the link to a few others I know will do the same.

Unfortunately I think us fans will forever have to deal with this,I don't think the stories are going anywhere.....someone saying they stayed at Neverland and nothing happened is not headlines....this crap as we know is all about money.

I wish there was someway to put all this to bed once and for all but when you win a court case convincingly and many still don't buy it then what can you do?

Silverstone;4236705 said:
Angry,pissed off and totally fed up with this crap.
I just thought to myself...here we go again when I heard about the documentry.
I signed the petition and sent the link to a few others I know will do the same.

Unfortunately I think us fans will forever have to deal with this,I don't think the stories are going anywhere.....someone saying they stayed at Neverland and nothing happened is not headlines....this crap as we know is all about money.

I wish there was someway to put all this to bed once and for all but when you win a court case convincingly and many still don't buy it then what can you do?

Yes, it’s tiring and dispiriting. You would think 10 years after his death these stories would have died with him. Unfortunately not.

MJ’s Estate is a huge money making machine. People want to feed off of that. Wade and Jimmy failed so now they’re going down this route.

You guys have way too much faith in the general public. They literally believe anything if it's presented in a certain way. This is gonna be damaging big time.

100%

It's gonna make massive headlines once it's shown at Sundance and then more so when seen on TV....people will watch it and most will be happy to confirm in the lies they already believe.

We can bombard HBO and Channel 4 but no way do I believe they will pull this,it's going to make them money.

This is dreadful... The only positive is that many comments I have seen do support MJ - certainly, the general public is a lot more sceptical of allegations against him than they were in 2003-2005. But who knows what will happen once the documentary airs...

I am really starting to think that a rebuttal documentary is the way to go. With some fringe documentaries in the past ('MJ's Secret World', 'Michael Jackson's Boys', etc), ignoring them made sense. But they appear to really be pushing this, and given that it is piggybacking on the MeToo hype and the success of Surviving R. Kelly, it will likely get a lot of attention. A simple statement rejecting the allegations will not suffice. The best thing would obviously be a major documentary series focusing on all the trash allegations against MJ. But even something like the Take 2 rebuttal (but without Maury Povich and better produced) may be a good solution in the meantime.

Taj Jackson (Michael's nephew) is rallying people together for a documentary. He wants to shut this down once and for all. Stand with him. Follow him on twitter for further detail.

Taj Jackson (Michael's nephew) is rallying people together for a documentary. He wants to shut this down once and for all. Stand with him. Follow him on twitter for further detail.

How many times have the Jacksons said they were gonna do something and then just not bothered, haha?

I've signed The petition, and I encourage everyone to do the same.
What about Beckloff?
Can't he put out a gag order on these guys? I thought there was one at one time.

Good on Taj....bout time a family member done more.
I'm not on Twitter but I read that he is going to start a GoFundMe page to help finance it.
I wouldn't expect him to fork out personally but surely the estate should be doing so.

I'll keep an eye out for that and will contribute.
It's really important all fans do and put in whatever they can....it all adds up.

We need a full on,well made documentary that counter acts all the lies.

Yeah, he got stopped at an airport for TMZ and defended Michael saying there was never any evidence and the accusers were after money.
Very proud to see Ne-Yo speak out against the documentary last night. I can't think of too many documentarians except for Spike Lee, who is one of those people that don't want to touch the allegations, But if we could think of one that can make a documentary based on something like Geraldine Hughes's book or even Aphrodite Jones's book would be a good start.

I would watch a documentary about a person who was investigated by the police, sheriffs departments, and the FBI for more than 10 years and viciously persecuted for the last 20 years of his life, all while being innocent. It's quite interesting- whether it had to do with Michael or not.

Good on Taj....bout time a family member done more.
I'm not on Twitter but I read that he is going to start a GoFundMe page to help finance it.
I wouldn't expect him to fork out personally but surely the estate should be doing so.

I'll keep an eye out for that and will contribute.
It's really important all fans do and put in whatever they can....it all adds up.

We need a full on,well made documentary that counter acts all the lies.

Well I'm happy if Taj is going to follow through with this but he's had YEARS To do this so far. IF one existed we would need it released now! We've been saying for YEARS that something to counter those allegations needs to be made, and although we know the MJ Estate will never do it, the Jackson's could (unless they agree with MJ Estate's stance). It gets to the point where saying nothing is in itself damaging.

Petition is up to 25,000 now!

The pace is slowing down now. We need to some influential people with many followers to share it.

The kids need to do something. They have the funds to finance anything they want. MJ recorded everything. Find the video tapes and make a documentary. If HBO finaced this thing no way it won’t air on tv. I guess we have to face it this shit will never end. I was expecting a good 2019 for MJ I guess I was wrong.

'm not on Twitter but I read that he is going to start a GoFundMe page to help finance it.
--------------

Sorry but ? cant janet pay for it or any of the jacksons. Yeap get the fans or mjs kids to pay,the doc never happens and the money goes walkies. No factual docu will ever happen in the mainstream media. No one would get funding for it and no major outlet would show it. For decades there has been a conserted effort to damage mj and brainwash the masses. Its goes against the agenda of the mainstream media to put out anything other than B.S like this inorder to brainwash another generation.

SmoothGangsta;4236707 said:
You guys have way too much faith in the general public. They literally believe anything if it's presented in a certain way. This is gonna be damaging big time.

I haven’t seen one comment on any posts about this on social media that is against Michael, it’s all against the documentary. So far I have no reason to doubt the public will see it for what it is.

'm not on Twitter but I read that he is going to start a GoFundMe page to help finance it.
--------------

Sorry but ? cant janet pay for it or any of the jacksons. Yeap get the fans or mjs kids to pay,the doc never happens and the money goes walkies. No factual docu will ever happen in the mainstream media. No one would get funding for it and no outlet would show it. For decades there has been a conserted effort to damage mj and brainwash the masses. Its goes against the agenda of the mainstream media to put out anything other than B.S like this inorder to brainwash another generation.

What part of "the estate should be doing so" don't you understand?

Back