Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Alh21 - stay away from it. That's the best way to deal with it I think.

Reading all those horrible things upsets me too. I couldn't cope being immersed in that every day.

My attitude to all this, 9 months on, is like we did lose this battle, and possibly the war. But I still continue to celebrate Michael in my heart. I just don't think there's a place in society to have that shared experience of celebration of Michael anymore. At least not right now. Time may change things.

But so what, you know what he meant to you. I know what he meant to me. And I'm not turning back now. Meanwhile I'll quietly support the truth coming out, if it ever does!

Life teaches you that not everyone will agree with you, and that that's okay.
Well, MJ is being celebrated here in my city due to MJ tribute coming here. The contest are going on and doing great. so it is no problem here.

It really bothers me when people just became a fan after this lying doc saying they hated MJ. i'm sorry but screw you. where was you at 1993? my mother been a fan all her life and these lies didn't stop her from loving him. i'm sorry but those people make me sick. get out of my face.
Well everyone have their own way in coming to like someone. There is no wrong or right way to do it. Just be glad they "woke up" from the lies.

It really bothers me when people just became a fan after this lying doc saying they hated MJ. i'm sorry but screw you. where was you at 1993? my mother been a fan all her life and these lies didn't stop her from loving him. i'm sorry but those people make me sick. get out of my face.
The media has been brainwashing the public for decades. Most of them just don't know any better. The fact that they are a fan now is what matters, not how they became one. I think it's a beautiful thing that out of something as horrible as LN, a whole new wave of fans have been created. That something made to cement the negative mindset of people could actually end up opening their eyes to the truth is wonderful in my opinion. We should welcome them with love and open arms. They are a part of our family now.

I disagree with ChrisC that we have lost the battle and perhaps the war.

Michael is enoyed and celebrated all over the world.

For my first class my students sang HTW, TDCAU, Human Nature and other MJ classics. Just singing for the joy of it, not because I asked them too.

There red is no way lost the war or the battle. The stats don’t show it. The celebrations don’t show it.

And I don’t think it’s fair to condemn new fans who have discovered Michael because of LN. For me they should be commended for takin the time to research the facts and learn about Michael. They could have taken LN at face value (like many people did), but they didn’t. It is not for us to say when someone should have become a fan of Michael’s.

If they are true fans we need to welcome them to the family and help to learn more about him. The more people we have combatting this current narrative, the better.

This is really a good thing tbh, it means that even the people who weren't fans can see through the lies, I'm pleased with have new ones to join us in our fight, it's a blessing, I understand where u are coming from though. Don't get to upset about it and think of it as a turning point and try and welcome them. I have read a few people saying the same thing and I think thank god for that

You are going to be fine. All entertainers have haters but we love the BIGGEST entertainer in the world who are in the eyes of some larger than life so the hate is going to be stronger. We love MJ and he has taken so much that some fans take things to heart deeper. DO not let a few haters make you think everyone hate on MJ. THAT IS A LIE. I keep say the phrase, "One cricket in a house can make it sound like you have a house full of crickets when it is just ONE". Haters/trouble makers are the same. They just make the most noise but people who love MJ are going to love him no matter what at this point. This is why I say anyone who claimed to be fan who let a lying doc change their view of MJ was NEVER a fan from the start. I say when people read stuff on MJ, keep things in perspective especially on social media where u have people who just want to start drama. I can often spot these kind of trouble makers. Keep your head high.

This is so very true, if anyone can have their opinion of Michael be changed by two money grabbing liars then let them get on with it, they the only ones that are going to look like fools and loose out on enjoying Michael for what he was and still is, the best entertainer and one of the sweetest human beings to walk this earth.

I am just about to go and close my twitter account down, only positive MJ things from now on. I just wanted to post this though because I think its so funny. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did. I know its in the wrong thread but I sort of figured that we should have something to enjoy on this thread so please accept my apologies for that.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">imagine tripping and falling infront of michael jackson and to top it off you hit him with the clapperboard&#55357;&#56448; <a href="https://t.co/10Iut2dVvu">pic.twitter.com/10Iut2dVvu</a></p>&mdash; sam &#9825; (@mikesmelodie) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikesmelodie/status/1171146734518624257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We didn't loose the "war." the "war" isn't over but we are somewhat at the end. once this court thing over with and things put back, i'm done.

Just like Michael nephew said you are learn to forgive. but sadly you can't forgive somethings. somethings you need for your knowledge FORGIVE BUT DON"T FORGET. i'm not sure how Michael knew how forgive some people but if it was me, some people are going to jail etc.

oh yeah and nobody have agree with my opinions by the way. their my opinions nobody else. thank you. also i'm in very pee off mood so just ignore me and excuse me.

Last edited:
So very true and yes you are right, social media is so draining and upsetting, I will be shutting twitter down tomorrow and stay well away from any negative things about Michael, thank you for the kind words

Twitter is not a very good site. that's why i don't have one. one thing i can say it's been helpful for this.

oh yeah and nobody have agree with my opinions by the way. their my opinions nobody else. thank you. also i'm in very pee off mood so just ignore me and excuse me.

You don't have to apologise, you are entitled to your opinion and I understand where you were coming from, it feels like new fans are jumping on the bandwagon and just now liking MJ because of LN ( is that how you feel)?

I've no idea who she was talking about, I'm not sure she was referring to anyone in particular or why she said it, it wasn't something I wanted to read and I'm sure other victims wouldn't either

She said that when she interviewed the two mother ****ers to instill in everyone's mind that the mother****ers claims that they did not realise they were abused until their 30ties was normal and expected from abuse victims especially when the abuser is a master manipulator like they portrayed mj in the film. Oprah spent her teens sleeping around and abusing drugs she enjoyed it but claimed later she was abused. So that's her projecting again. She needs to justify to herself the shitty things she CHOSE to do by blaming everyone else but herself. She has refused to take responsibility for her choices in life and she is using the two mother****ers to help excuse her behaviour.

She said that when she interviewed the two mother ****ers to instill in everyone's mind that the mother****ers claims that they did not realise they were abused until their 30ties was normal and expected from abuse victims especially when the abuser is a master manipulator like they portrayed mj in the film. Oprah spent her teens sleeping around and abusing drugs she enjoyed it but claimed later she was abused. So that's her projecting again. She needs to justify to herself the shitty things she CHOSE to do by blaming everyone else but herself. She has refused to take responsibility for her choices in life and she is using the two mother****ers to help excuse her behaviour.

I didn't know all that thank u, when I've read that she was abused I thought she meant as a child, am I reading it right that she was just sleeping around but has no decided to say it was abuse, sorry if I have that wrong. I have just done a quick check and according to what I saw she says she was abused at the age of 9

The main reason i joined here was to get news about Michael. it's has been helpful then other outlets. it's nice to be around fans who wants to help Michael not being around others who make others feel bad and so much drama. it's nice to have a site like this. but sad you have to hide yourself away because you know Michael was/is innocent. ????

The main reason i joined here was to get news about Michael. it's has been helpful then other outlets. it's nice to be around fans who wants to help Michael not being around others who make others feel bad and so much drama. it's nice to have a site like this. but sad you have to hide yourself away because you know Michael was/is innocent. ????

I joined for exactly the same reason, I'm so glad I did. I have shut twitter down and tbh I feel like a weight has been taken off, most posts on it are positive but the ones that aren't are so bad, it makes it worse because the trolls know MJ didn't do anything. I love the pic by the way, he was so handsome in Speed Demon

I didn't know oprah was sleeping around and doing drugs. i feel sorry she was abuse at a young age but how come she never talks about those things? a lot people keep saying Michael was a manipulator. was he? i don't think he was. i been done with orpah since earlier this year. hearing more stories about her really makes me done with her.

I didn't know oprah was sleeping around and doing drugs. i feel sorry she was abuse at a young age but how come she never talks about those things? a lot people keep saying Michael was a manipulator. was he? i don't think he was. i been done with orpah since earlier this year. hearing more stories about her really makes me done with her.

I've never watched oprah anyway, couldn't stand the woman before LN and even more so now. MJ was certainly no manipulator, the only ones that are saying that are them two liars and their opinion means even less to me than oprahs does. I think she does talk about it isn't that why she pretends to believe them two

Michael was suppose to start in a lot of movies but sadly people lied to him. when they said to him he was gonna be apart of a movie they never called him afterwards. Michael was suppose to be in HOOK the peter pan movie but they never called him back and he was upset about it.

Michael was suppose to start in a lot of movies but sadly people lied to him. when they said to him he was gonna be apart of a movie they never called him afterwards. Michael was suppose to be in HOOK the peter pan movie but they never called him back and he was upset about it.

He was treated badly but he also had a very good life and loved everything he did, especially his fans and that gives me comfort. we mustn't dwell on the bad stuff that happened to Michael, we must celebrate his life and for what he stood for, as for them two scumbags they can go and do one, only the idiots believe their lies and thankfully we aren't part of them. I don't care what anyone says I will always be an MJ fan and nothing is ever going to change that. I'm so pleased you aren't going to be leaving this forum I feel like I have a new family on this site who are very supportive and I'm so grateful that I have been allowed to join it. I hope you are feeling a bit better now

Just to clarify my battle/war comment. I understand Michael hasn't been wiped out, but this incident has significantly tarnished his legacy...perhaps beyond repair.

Michael's music is still largely off the airwaves where I live. The music TV channels won't dare touch him. The Finland exhibition is greeting people with a disclaimer and the sponsors won't go near. These are big problems. It might not be an issue in your territory, but it's happening in other places.

Time may go some way to fixing that, but we don't know.

A LITTLE OFF TOPIC, BUT NOT BY MUCH:

Looks like Lisa Bloom and her Momma (Gloria Allred) are experiencing a little "What Goes Around, Comes Around."

There's a new book out called "She Said:...," wherein a memo from Lisa Bloom to Harvey Weinstein is detailed and in said memo Bloom is laying out how to DISCREDIT two of Weinstein's accusers, namely Rose McGowan and Ashley Judd.

Bloom actually outlines how to damage Ms. McGowan's reputation, suggesting that: "they can place an article re Rose becoming increasingly unglued, so that WHEN SOMEONE GOOGLES HER THIS IS WHAT POPS UP and she's discredited."

Folks are, rightfully, calling for Bloom to be disbarred. She's being ripped to shreds by ALL sides, especially on her Twitter page.

As has been said: "What's Done In The Dark, ALWAYS COMES TO LIGHT!!"

P.S. That "Google" part sounds familiar, doesn't it!

A LITTLE OFF TOPIC, BUT NOT BY MUCH:

Looks like Lisa Bloom and her Momma (Gloria Allred) are experiencing a little "What Goes Around, Comes Around."

There's a new book out called "She Said:...," wherein a memo from Lisa Bloom to Harvey Weinstein is detailed and in said memo Bloom is laying out how to DISCREDIT two of Weinstein's accusers, namely Rose McGowan and Ashley Judd.

Bloom actually outlines how to damage Ms. McGowan's reputation, suggesting that: "they can place an article re Rose becoming increasingly unglued, so that WHEN SOMEONE GOOGLES HER THIS IS WHAT POPS UP and she's discredited."

Folks are, rightfully, calling for Bloom to be disbarred. She's being ripped to shreds by ALL sides, especially on her Twitter page.

As has been said: "What's Done In The Dark, ALWAYS COMES TO LIGHT!!"

P.S. That "Google" part sounds familiar, doesn't it!

It certainly does and yes things done in the dark, I've shut my twitter account down as I can't be doing with the terrible things that are said, I hope they rip her to shreds thou, thank u for the info

Just to clarify my battle/war comment. I understand Michael hasn't been wiped out, but this incident has significantly tarnished his legacy...perhaps beyond repair.

Michael's music is still largely off the airwaves where I live. The music TV channels won't dare touch him. The Finland exhibition is greeting people with a disclaimer and the sponsors won't go near. These are big problems. It might not be an issue in your territory, but it's happening in other places.

Time may go some way to fixing that, but we don't know.

We are good here in my corner of the UK, my local radio station is using MJ as their classic album this week, and the used it last week as well, I think it's their way of saying they don't believe that lies. I hope it's fixed or it will be such a shame

Back