Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

NOBODY has seen the documentary yet even for christs sake. This will blow up 1000 x times when airs on TV. Be sure of that. There is RIGHT way to handle this mess, its going to be a trainwreck regardless if we fans fight or just sit and watch MJs legacy being destroyed.

Yeah I agree. Right now most of the public has no idea about this doc. The fans are up in arms and we are the ones keeping it alive at the moment. The Sundance premiere didn't do much harm. However.... the real storm is coming guys and its going to be a bad. A category 5 hurricane aimed right at MJ. The minute this thing starts being shown on Channel 4, HBO, and any other stations that buy the rights.... its going to be bad. God help us if Oprah does an interview with these boys for promo. This is something that has potential to forever ruin a career. Its so sad to watch this happen right before our eyes, especially 10 years after Michael's passing. But we all know the media has never liked MJ, especially that horrid UK media. They are racist and have always targeted him. Many of these journalists are beyond thrilled this is happening. Lets just cross our fingers and pray that it doesn't get as bad as I think it's going to. Enjoy the next couple weeks because I have a strong sense that March will be a devastating month.

travis3000;4240165 said:
Yeah I agree. Right now most of the public has no idea about this doc. The fans are up in arms and we are the ones keeping it alive at the moment. The Sundance premiere didn't do much harm. However.... the real storm is coming guys and its going to be a bad. A category 5 hurricane aimed right at MJ. The minute this thing starts being shown on Channel 4, HBO, and any other stations that buy the rights.... its going to be bad. God help us if Oprah does an interview with these boys for promo. This is something that has potential to forever ruin a career. Its so sad to watch this happen right before our eyes, especially 10 years after Michael's passing. But we all know the media has never liked MJ, especially that horrid UK media. They are racist and have always targeted him. Many of these journalists are beyond thrilled this is happening. Lets just cross our fingers and pray that it doesn't get as bad as I think it's going to. Enjoy the next couple weeks because I have a strong sense that March will be a devastating month.
Please don’t call a 40 year old and a 36 year old boys..

Its amazing seeing exactly how strong and dedicated MJs fans are though. As bad as it may get, for every action there's a reaction.

Also, the fact that people keep posting tabloid articles is bound to affect your state of mind. Why on earth are they allowed do that, there's a tabloid thread that's been used for years. Utterly pointless posting articles of things that were either used in the trial, or deemed not relevant enough for the trial.

A little bit of clarity, for the love of god!

SONY is incredibly influencial in the music world, Michael's music makes them a lot of money, his music isn't going to be muted.

NOBODY has seen the documentary yet even for christs sake. This will blow up 1000 x times when airs on TV. Be sure of that. There is RIGHT way to handle this mess, its going to be a trainwreck regardless if we fans fight or just sit and watch MJs legacy being destroyed.
The pod that you posted is really good though. It is easy to share and a good summary without having to write an essay every time..

Adriann mcmanus ? i'll worry when they bring up something new. B#$/! is doing a guiterrez. Her ugly ass needs sueing the same

Last edited:

If that orchestra wants to just do such a drastic thing based on something they haven't even seen yet, obviously don't even know who the two persons are and everything incredibly shady about them, let alone the cold hard facts too, then **** them. It's that simple for me.

Hey nevermind that he was fully acquitted either, none of that matters. A one sided doc with zero actual evidence and the sheep show their faces. Just **** off really. I'm so done.

HBO Said to be Reconsidering Showing Controversial Michael Jackson Documentary After Estate Complains

“Leaving Neverland” may not be ready for prime time, after all.

I’m hearing that Dan Reed’s controversial documentary that portrays Michael Jackson as a pedophile may not show up on HBO’s schedule as planned.

Apparently Jackson’s estate lawyer Howard Weitzman, according to sources, has sent HBO very tough communications about the downside of libeling the King of Pop even in death.

The documentary is incredibly one-sided according to those who saw it at Sundance. It gives only specious claims by Wade Robson and James Safechuck, includes no defense of Jackson or any kind of counterbalance.

HBO’s documentary division is so well respected that I’m told Weitzman’s criticisms, as well those voiced in other places including this column, may wind up killing the doc’s presentation.

No one would accuse HBO of caving in, but rather having a thoughtful re-evaluation of the material at hand. Robson and Safechuck could not find a court of law to help them. An unbalanced documentary would cause damage to Jackson’s reputation that the Estate would have to spend a lifetime correcting.

Also, there may be interference from HBO’s new owner, AT&T. They may not be so keen to see lots of bad press from claims that can’t be backed up. So far the only endorsements the doc is getting are from completely discredited former Neverland employees who were also bounced out of court in the 90s after selling their stories to the tabloids.

I saw revived claims yesterday from Adrian McManus, one of the infamous former Neverlanders who thought they could cash in after Jackson’s payoff to Jordan Chandler was revealed in the 90s. They are, like the stories made up by other staff who were kicked out at that time, ridiculous. Some of them testified against Jackson in 2005, and they were completely unbelievable. If HBO is going to rely on that gang, they should definitely reconsider.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/02/...el-jackson-documentary-after-estate-complains

I honestly don't think that many people really wanna take four hours of their lifetime and watch this horrible, disturbing hard to endure mokemetary!
I mean when you are not an MJ fan, a jounalist, an MJ hater or someone who already strongly belives MJ is guilty whould you wanna watch it?
The more sucessful we are before the monkementary aired to convince people that wade robson is not credible, a liar and MJ is innocent and a good humantarian the less people will watch this and it maybe will be a flop at the end.

Last edited:

HBO Said to be Reconsidering Showing Controversial Michael Jackson Documentary After Estate Complains

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/02/...el-jackson-documentary-after-estate-complains

Wait, what? I don't want to get too happy just yet but this I didn't expect at all!

Hopefully vpro in Holland follows suit too, but I doubt it. It seems the rights have already been sold so vpro can just go ahead.

Fingers crossed they pull it, it's so obvious they're lying and it's so one sided it's bizarre, how can HBO respect themselves as documentary distributors if they air it, they've already made money selling the rights so I'm still disgusted, cancelling it would be a small blessing

I very much hope the truth prevails and the documentary is removed before it airs.

KOPV;4240153 said:
the more we stream Michael, the less reason they'll have to mute his music.. Companies put $$$ before anything!

I just bought all of MJ's albums again on iTunes. Bought a new phone and iTunes was being a b*tch and not transfer them on my new one. Had been listening to the songs on my old iPod in the mean time, but figured NOW is the PERFECT time to buy all of the albums again. Keep buying MJ's songs/albums, keep streaming his music, keep cliicking on positive articles. I think one positive result with the general public wiill be that when they see MJ's name in the headlines....a lot of them will be reinded of his music and they will go stream or buy his songs. Not everyone is interested enough to give FOUR HOURS of their time to some shitty documentary. I can barely manage to watch anything on TV for 10 minutes these days before changing the channel...or that was about two years ago when I still had my TV. My TV broke and I haven't even bothered to buy a new one. Most of the people don't have an attention span to last 4 hours any longer. They'll just see "Michael Jackson" and go..."Oh yeah...Billie Jean...I haven't listened to that in a long time...lemme go stream it right now!" *ignores documentary* I really do think that is how MOST people will react.

chris123678;4240159 said:
I would. I'm sorry, but graphic accusations of molestation and oral sex are going to ultimately mute Michael. That's why when I first heard of this documentary, it was literally a stab to the heart. It's going to be devastating for his legacy, especially in the United States.

Calm down. Yes, it's graphic. But they need to get people to WATCH it first. Not everyone is that invested in it that they want to spend 4 hours of their time for shit like that. And luckily there also are people with common sense out there. It seems so bad because we have been focusing on what the tabloids write and the few people who have been posting negative stuff on Twitter. But for every ONE person who has posted something nasty, there has been about a THOUSAND voices who have been bombarding the with FACTS. The positive voices are a MAJORITY. Have faith and don't paint the devil on the wall already because that's really not necessary.

CherubimII;4240161 said:
No. The story has already faded. The fans, for the most, are the ones keeping this none story going. :lies:

Exactly. It is just a few tabloids posting over and OVER and OVER again about all the crazy stuff. The main media has let it go. It is only the fans who keep spreading the hashtag and bringing attenton to it. We should stop it and keep spreading positive proMJ stuff instead. Post his videos, post fun memories of meeting Michael...anything positive! The media is posting positive stuff too, like the old radio interview they found on BBC, etc. Let the postive stuff take over. If people see fans are "unaffected" and see positive, fun things...it will make a positive impact. If we start spreading gloom and doom and be all "Oh no his legacy will be gone and destroeyd"....THAT will be the message we will be pounding on people's minds!!! DO NOT DO THAT!! Keep spreading POSITIVITY and keep reminding people how wonderful MJ was and share his music every where!

Lightbringer;4240162 said:

Maybe...maybe not. The media has already repoted extensively about it. When it airs on TV it will be "old news" by them. Yes, the tabloids will have a field day with it...but again....rememer that they have been posting SEVERAL ARTICES A DAY already....they have been saturating the market and by doing so, they are making it "old news". People just won't be interested in it after some time. How many times can you post about the same "shocking" things again and again until it becomes old. It's all "shocking" now because it's been about 14 years from the last time. But to hear or read about it over and over and OVER again for a month....at some point peopel have had enough and want to see something else. That's how the human mind works. And that is how the media works. That's why "shocking headlines" sell and that's why they use clickbait....because people want to be "shocked and outraged". After a month there won't be anything new to tell home about and already their stories are getting SO BIZARRE that even the dumbest of the dumbest will start going "WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K IS THIS??!!" and will see it is all just fairytales. Trust me. As Ii've said before, there are trolls and "keyboard warriors who will post negative stuff...but that's the extend of their interest. It rarely goes further than that. And they are a minority. If you see someone being an obvious hater...don't feed them with attention. If someone obviously won't be interested in facts and has their minid set on hating MJ, don't waste your time and don't give them attention. That's exactly what they want. It's like how bullies operate. When they can see they can get under your skin, it just eggs them on. if they see they can't have a reaction, they'll give up.

humannature10;4240163 said:
Literally impossible to celebrate the story fading since the doc hasn’t even hit HBO yet. That’s the problem.

Sure we shouldn't celebrate just yet. But it shows exactly what I was saying.....it will be all over the news for a few days and then after a while it#s old news and life will go on. Like right now it#s just a few tabloids who still keep writing shit about MJ...the rest of the media isn't writing about the documentary anymore and if they write about Mj it's been mostly just reporting about positive stuff. MAE SURE you all CLICK ON THE POSITIVE ARTICLES!!! Even if it wouldn't interest you at all (like some MJ tribute band performing somewhere)...cliick on it!! Just to show them positive news sell and to shift the balance to positive news!!!

travis3000;4240165 said:

Please calm down. It will be alright. Yes, it will probably be on the news fr a few days, but then it will be gone. The tabloids will be the worst but remember it's the TABLOIDS who never write about anything truthful anyways. Just don't pay any attention to them and don't let them influence you or get you worried. Keep posting positive MJ stuff, keep spreading FACTS...keep spreading POSITIVE articles and ignore the hateful, stupid stuff. Don't feed them and give them attention and bring even more people's attention to their garbage!!

elusive moonwalker;4240170 said:
Adrian mcmanus  i'll worry when they bring up something new. B#$/! is doing a guiterrez. Her ugly ass needs sueing the same

THIS!! It's all tabloid trash!! Just ignore it!! And if you can't ignor eit...PLEASE at least use common sense before you get all worked up and start panicking! As MJ used to say "this too shall pass"....We just have to sit tight, keep the attention on anything that is psitive, keep spreading FACTS and IGNORE the tabloids and the trolls and the haters and not feed them with attention....and after a short while this too will be "OLD NEWS" and life will go on as usual. Keep the faith everyone!! This isn't our "first rodeo"...we've been through this before. We know how this all goes by now.

I’m very behind with this thread so very sorry if a repeat- but just to mention if anyone is complaining to channel 4 in the UK, your letter should refer to the OFCOM code (that channel 4 is meant to comply with). Showing such a one sided documentary is in clear breach of clause 7.9 of the ofcom code. The requirements of fairness have simply not been satisfied. Having taken legal advice, I think this is one of our best avenues for getting the doc pulled from ch4.

see the ofcom code here (particularly clause 7.9):

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/100103/broadcast-code-april-2017.pdf

Last edited:

@summer
A problem is that everything about this documentary posted on YouTube mostly will stay forever.
So when people will searching MJ in 10, 20, 30, .... years they will find all the staff, with all the comments and the videos will get the clicks.

PLEASE EVERYONE GO SPREAD THIS AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN!!! GO ON TWITTER AND RT!!!! It's important we give all these posiitive things clcks and RTs!! We need to support peopel like Roger who are helping us set the record straight and who keep spreading FACTS!!! So many keep giving clicks for tabloi articles...GO READ AND SUPPORT THESE ONES INSTEAD!!! It's IMPORTANT!!!

Fingers crossed they pull it, it's so obvious they're lying and it's so one sided it's bizarre, how can HBO respect themselves as documentary distributors if they air it, they've already made money selling the rights so I'm still disgusted, cancelling it would be a small blessing

I really hope that the Estate found some legal loophole that makes them able to SUE HBO if they air it!! Or since AT&T apparently owns HBO, the Estate can threaten them with consequences if the mockumentary will be aired! Everyone should threaten to BOYCOTT AT&T as well if they air the documentary!!

I very much hope the truth prevails and the documentary is removed before it airs.

The truth wiill prevail one way or the other!! But yes, being able to get the mockumentary pulled would be a major win for TRUTH and JUSTICE!! They should show that "No you can't just make up lies about someone, especially when they are dead and not able to defend themselves and ruin their careers just so you can make a buck!!" I hope this will be the beginning of the end for Wade and James and their whole money making scheme and slander campaign! Hopefully the wheels will now start turning against them and karma will come kick them both in the nuts... HARD!!!

i just found this old MJJC thread and someone mentioned Diane Dimond actually SUPPORTING MJ "now that he's dead". Does anyone have any more info or "receipts" on that? Any video clips, articles she wrote where she supported MJ...anything? Just so we already have something ready in case she tries to start slandering MJ again? Also, does anyone have any court documents or anything when MJ sued her and Hard Copy and how she got away from that? Anything you can find would be helpful! Thanks!

MJJ2theMAX;4240186 said:
I’m very behind with this thread so very sorry if a repeat- but just to mention if anyone is complaining to channel 4 in the UK, your letter should refer to the OFCOM code (that channel 4 is meant to comply with). Showing such a one sided documentary is in clear breach of clause 7.9 of the ofcom code. The requirements of fairness have simply not been satisfied. Having taken legal advice, I think this is one of our best avenues for getting the doc pulled from ch4.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/100103/broadcast-code-april-2017.pdf
And perhaps a good idea to share this pod

http://reasonbound.libsyn.com/pirat...chael-jackson-allegations#rfMWhwKMQCk3xFY9.03

Good on estate to put pressure on them. This shit is incredibly unfair to put it mildly. Really hope they just pull it. I don't know channel 4 but I do know HBO and I think that goes for many people. Really they should just ban this thing but I'm fairly sure other channels won't care at all. I'm sure in March a lot of people here in Holland will know about it.

But let's not get cheery just yet, it hasn't been pulled at all yet but this showbizz site seems to report on legit things and that's a good sign. I don't think they're making this up.

Honestly I don't know yet. I've never had to do such a thing before. Tomorrow I think it's a good start to look at the website of VPRO and see who we can contact about it. If they even give a shit really, which I doubt. It will get them tons of viewers, viewers who typically read tabloids too and love it.

It's probably best to keep things as short as possible, short but sweet. So cold hard facts about Robson especially. Sadly we have very little on Safechuck. I think we should let them know that Robson had been defending him through and through in 2005. During the trial, cross examination etc where he kept denying it. Maybe send that youtube link of him at that USA talk show where he says once again MJ didn't ever do such a thing and he came off very sincere and honest there too.

We can bring up Cirque du soleil, estate denying him the job, him suing them and all of a sudden because he now has kids of his own realizing how wrong the abuse was. We can perhaps link to Vindicatemj.wordpress.com about his incredibly contradicting stories? We can mention that some things in the doc are based on that disgusting book by Victor Guiterez maybe? Maybe that's too much info, we need to keep it to the point.

But honestly I think they won't give a damn.

I was thinking just drive to their studio outside with 50+ cars, turn the volume up and play TDCAU :D. And them spam them with emails and evidence.

On a side note, did you watched the media last week in Holland? So much negativity I really hate them.

If HBO wants their future documentaries to be respected and wants people tp believe them, they should reconsider airing this garbage.

PLEASE EVERYONE GO SPREAD THIS AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN!!! GO ON TWITTER AND RT!!!! It's important we give all these posiitive things clcks and RTs!! We need to support peopel like Roger who are helping us set the record straight and who keep spreading FACTS!!! So many keep giving clicks for tabloi articles...GO READ AND SUPPORT THESE ONES INSTEAD!!! It's IMPORTANT!!!

I really hope that the Estate found some legal loophole that makes them able to SUE HBO if they air it!! Or since AT&T apparently owns HBO, the Estate can threaten them with consequences if the mockumentary will be aired! Everyone should threaten to BOYCOTT AT&T as well if they air the documentary!!

The truth wiill prevail one way or the other!! But yes, being able to get the mockumentary pulled would be a major win for TRUTH and JUSTICE!! They should show that "No you can't just make up lies about someone, especially when they are dead and not able to defend themselves and ruin their careers just so you can make a buck!!" I hope this will be the beginning of the end for Wade and James and their whole money making scheme and slander campaign! Hopefully the wheels will now start turning against them and karma will come kick them both in the nuts... HARD!!!

Consider it done. Just made a Facebook post with the link and this is my comment there:

Do it HBO.

Onesided "documentary"
Allegations based on banned book written by Nambla member, full of disgusting pedophile fantasies. How credible.

Accusers defended MJ for years on end, now they have children of their own and all of a sudden realize that abuse was wrong? Who do you think you're fooling. One of the two accusers BEGGED to be at the MJ memorial, called him his mentor in the opus. Wanted to do tribute shows. Wanted to be part of cirque du soleil, he was denied. Then decided to sue the estate for money and all of a sudden he totally did a 360 on what he constantly denied. Wake the goddamned **** up people. Put down the tabloids fabricating stories, ignore this agenda that is so obvious and go do some actual research please.

#ANYTHINGFORMONEY

I kinda want to post links to sites like Vindicatemj.wordpress.com on FB but in the past I've had people calling it a MJ fan site, that the name of the site said enough, sigh.

I could however link to the Forbes article, can the Geraldine Hughes piece be found or is that only for sale?

Calm down. Yes, it's graphic. But they need to get people to WATCH it first. Not everyone is that invested in it that they want to spend 4 hours of their time for shit like that.

I've been thinking more about this. In the cinema, there is a certain amount of 'peer pressure' not to walk out (eg from people that you went with, or just the matter of feeling stupid as you edge along a line of seated people, trying to get out of the row). I read a report from someone who saw this film at Sundance, who confirmed that viewers were 'feeling sick' walking out, and that she heard 'sounds of retching' from the toilets. (Might not have been due to the film...but maybe it was).

People might watch a film because Michael is in it, but he's not in much of this one. Most of it is about R and S, and hardly anyone knows who the latter is, and not many care about the former. Once the film starts getting to the 'graphic descriptions' at home on TV, who has the incentive to keep watching? Paedophile hunters like Reed, and a few weirdos? I'm not sure how the conversations in the office / workplace will go the next day...'Hey, did you watch that film on TV last night?' 'Hell no!'.

Reed wanted to create something attention-grabbing, but I think he has strayed into areas that most 'normal' people don't want rammed down their throats. People might be prepared to read about this stuff in the news to get their prejudices 'confirmed', and of course the press lap it up. But ordinary folks at home, maybe watching with their teenage kids? Not so much.

Reed might have hoped that his 'ground-breaking' film might have won him an award, but that didn't happen, at least not at Sundance. The press have 'stolen his thunder' about a lot of the story, so why (especially if you are not 'interested' in Michael') watch anyway, as I say unless you are a bit weird.

And who is going to advertise in the breaks? Channel 4 is a commercial channel and relies on money from advertisers. I certainly won't buy any of the products advertised during this film. (No I'm not a weirdo...I will watch because I want to see their faces as they lie, at least for as many minutes as I can stomach it. Which may not be very many).

And there may well be a backlash about the screening from people who were not expecting it to be so graphic, or who got 'drawn in' by the first half hour, and then 'gut punched' by the revolting stories in the rest.

I think Channel 4's advertisers should seriously think again about their reputations. Channel 4 itself has a pretty 'bad' reputation (for screening shocking material) anyway, and won't care, but the advertisers will.

Channel 4 will not pull it as they're the ones that wanted it made and payed for it I think.

I've posted about Victor, his book and NAMBLA some more on my FB. It really simple, if people just click this and think "right" they just don't care for the truth. I'm not even gonna argue with them, just read it or buzz off really.

I kinda want to post links to sites like Vindicatemj.wordpress.com on FB but in the past I've had people calling it a MJ fan site, that the name of the site said enough, sigh.

I could however link to the Forbes article, can the Geraldine Hughes piece be found or is that only for sale?

Vindicatemj.wordpress.com is a Michael Jackson fact-checking site. Sell it as such to the ignorant. There is no shame in sharing facts and documentation! Do not let yourself be bullied by ignorant commentators.

I just bought all of MJ's albums again on iTunes. Bought a new phone and iTunes was being a b*tch and not transfer them on my new one. Had been listening to the songs on my old iPod in the mean time, but figured NOW is the PERFECT time to buy all of the albums again. Keep buying MJ's songs/albums, keep streaming his music, keep cliicking on positive articles.

YES! Let's stream the sh*t out of the HIStory album (which is basically Michael's rebuttal to allegations of him being a child molester):

0074645900025_p0_v1_s.jpg

MJJ2theMAX;4240186 said:

is Channel 4 part of the BBC though? Because it says in the beginning that it applies to BBC..and doesn't menton Channel 4. So if Channel 4 isn't part of the agreement, they sadly don't have the same rules and guideliines (obviously they don't because they have agreed to show that trash!).

ManBehindTheMirrOr - Dona;4240187 said:
@summer
A problem is that everything about this documentary posted on YouTube mostly will stay forever.
So when people will searching MJ in 10, 20, 30, .... years they will find all the staff, with all the comments and the videos will get the clicks.

The same kind of BS has been available and around for decades before too an dit has not had any influence on MJ's popularity. I've been around since 1987...I was 12 years old and even back then there were ridicilous stories going around about MJ. "MJ wants to be a woman and is going to have a sex change." MJ this...MJ that. I didn't know anything about Michael before I became a fan but even Ii at 12 years of age was smart enough to notice what is tabloid trash. And when 1993 happened, I hadn't been a fan for that long and was still young, but still, I was able to see through the bullshit. Anyone who does a search on MJ today s bound to find enough bullshit about him. Just like they were before. And will in the future too. Doesn't matter WHICH celebrity you search for on the internet...you are bound to find trash about them too. Still doesn't make the trash too and it still doesn't mean people will believe it. Surem if you are a complete idiot you wll believe anything you read. Just look at all those who believe anything Trump sayys without questioning anything. "Oh yes, climate change is fake news because Trump says so." Right. There are enough idiots on this earth. Luckily there are sane people still around too though. I wouldn't get all worked up and start making all these nightmare scenarios for the future and paint it all black and all gloomy. The more one does that, the more the energy will shift there in one's mind. Like Michael said...concentrate on positive energy. Make your energy and attention go there, not to what is negative. And as my dad always used to say "If you keep worrying about everything that might or MIGHT NOT happen in the future...you might as well lock yourself in a dark room and walk in circles there and drive yourself crazy. Because there is no point in getting all worried and worked up when all the worst case scenarios you painted in your mind MAY NOT EVEN HAPPEN. And instead of using your energy into something positive, you wasted all your energy and time on something negative that didn't even happen....and for what?"

MJTruth;4240185 said:
I sure hope this is true.

Please, all fans keep up the pressure on HBO and Channel 4.

Keep Tweeting, emailing and phoning them.

SO THIS!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!

Back