Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

I feel like i'm not. i'm still confuse.

7bd8bf0c4b65030c7a654c39cb8bb831.jpg

Boy i'm so frustrate i can throw a shoe out the window. UGHHHH! but i know i shouldn't let get to me. but it so goshdarn frustrating. everything i freaking do is not right or wrong. that's why feel like i'm being toy with. i have such a headache right now. feeling like passing out. ugh. :doh:

Yeah because i'm shy and have gad. see what I just said up top? I get nervous easily and feel like i'm being pick on or teaste on. you have to be very kind to me and repeat things to me or i'm just gonna ignore you because I feel threaten. those are my feelings and i'm just gonna be honest you made my feelings to you made feel uncomfortable. I have a hard time opening up to people. when I first join i didn't know and i'm still very much like that. i'm very slow with things and when i come here i try to talk to everyone. if you want to talk you right away then okay. just you need to kind to me. you don't feel very kind to me and that why i always felt on the edge with you. at first i didn't. now i do. i'm all ears now but if you wanna help then okay. let's put that a side and do your job and help me.

look at my last post for my examples. okay let's move on and do this.
If you're going to ignore my PMs I will have to continue to talk to you publicly. I'm not picking on you or being unkind, I am just doing my job. If you want to continue this discussion you can message me privately.

It's been widely discussed that 'Okra' used 'LN' to help to divert criticism from her friend Harvey Weinstein.
The following may help to explain why so many media reports mistakenly call 'LN' 'Finding Neverland'....it's a curious connection!

I hadn't realised that Weinstein had been accused of financial irregularity with regard to his donations to the amfAR Gala in Cannes, in May 2015, as follows:

...at the 2015 amfAR benefit in Cannes, Weinstein struck a deal with then-chairman Kenneth Cole in which Weinstein would auction off two items on the condition that the money be split, with $600,000 going to the American Repertory Theater. Separately, ART promised to reimburse Weinstein for staging the producer’s for-profit play Finding Neverland so long as third parties donated $600,000 to the theater by June 1 of that year. The auction items fetched far less than $1.2 million, but Weinstein still pushed amfAR to wire $600,000 to ART by June 1, even though amfAR had not yet received the donations. Cole acquiesced, to the horror of other board members, some of whom stepped down.

.... After a $1 million investigation (the bill was later reduced to $450,000), (a law firm) found the transaction was acceptable.

....a journalist said "They looked at the issue very narrowly. There’s no way that money raised in a fundraiser for AIDS research is ethical or legal to cast through several entities and give it back to Harvey." (A Gibson Dunn rep says, “After a thorough review, we concluded and reported to the board that this contribution was a lawful charitable donation to ART.")

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-harvey-weinsteins-charity-fraud-led-his-downfall-1286557

Apparently Weinstein had hoped for a 2015 Tony Award for 'Finding Neverland', but the production was not even nominated.

According to the New York Post, Weinstein told both the cast and crew of Finding Neverland that the lack of nominations "was a missile, squarely aimed at me" and "had no reflection on them or what takes place onstage every single night."

https://www.playbill.com/article/ha...ding-neverland-after-tony-lock-out-com-348070

The Real Michael Jackson
9pm, BBC Two
Jacques Peretti fronts this one-off documentary analysing the life and increasingly troubled legacy of Michael Jackson. In the wake of the 2019 film Leaving Neverland’s allegations of paedophilia and sexual assault, and many of Jackson’s fans subsequently renouncing him, Peretti tries to paint an objective picture of Jackson’s rigorously disciplined upbringing, speaking to friends such as Donny Osmond and cultural critics including Margo Jefferson on the singer’s revised cultural status. The outcome remains murky.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...ll-michael-jackson-be-airbrushed-from-history

Oh, joy. Another one.

Anna;4285011 said:
The Real Michael Jackson
9pm, BBC Two
Jacques Peretti fronts this one-off documentary analysing the life and increasingly troubled legacy of Michael Jackson. In the wake of the 2019 film Leaving Neverland’s allegations of paedophilia and sexual assault, and many of Jackson’s fans subsequently renouncing him, Peretti tries to paint an objective picture of Jackson’s rigorously disciplined upbringing, speaking to friends such as Donny Osmond and cultural critics including Margo Jefferson on the singer’s revised cultural status. The outcome remains murky.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...ll-michael-jackson-be-airbrushed-from-history

Oh, joy. Another one.

:angry:Nope! Not another one! Not again! Boycott this s:censored:t!!!:grrrrrr

Someone who gets his info from Victor Guitierrez can get ****ed. I'm so tired of these do called documentaries, how about you air one that is about his charity work? How much things he has done for this rotten ass world? Nah we can't have positivity when it comes to Michael, just **** off BBC. None of these turds knew him anyway.

No one cares i didnt even know this was on. No pre publicity at all. The worlds got more important things to worry about.terrible timing for the pr!@# J.P.

I guess they changd the title of it after L.N didnt work out as they planned. (bbc ordered the docu right after L.N happened.) Serves them right feckers

Last edited:
Anna;4285011 said:
The Real Michael Jackson
9pm, BBC Two

Oh, joy. Another one.

I'm so glad you posted this, I saw this in the news and I was going to ask if it was a good thing to watch or not as I only really got the title of the program with not much explanation as to what it was about. I will be giving this a miss so thank u for the post

Anything involving peretti is a hit job. It was comissioned right around the time L.N aired. BBC thought they could cash in on the final nail in the mj coffin. Didnt work?

The world is suffering through a pandemic right now. The last thing anyone will be interested in is another BS doc on MJ. If I wasn't on this thread I wouldn't of known about this. Tajs doc can't come soon enough.

I still worry about Michael. but due to this virus going around i'm kind on a hold on it. yes i still care. yes he is innocent. BUT Michael is not with us anymore. if he was alive the last thing he would be worrying about a doc about him. he would helping the world due to what's going on now.

the other night my mom said that this what do with Michael anyway. they try so much to erase him and said he did bad things. Michael wasn't Jesus Christ. yes he lived on this earth like Jesus Christ. but he wasn't. he even said himself. Michael was and still is a powerful black man.

my mom is a huge Michael Jackson fan she just doesn't use social media. it's not for her.

we live in the US so we won't see this anyway. me and my mom didn't watch LN. so we definitely not gonna watch this piece of junk.

Michael music been streaming and downloaded a lot since last year and now due this virus. his estate and his son are helping out with this virus.

his youtube channel now has 16M subs. last year it was 13m.

what that tell you?

Apparently a lot of people care, seeing as it's still trending high on twitter at 1am. Not sure the fans bringing more attention to it is a good thing, but oh well. It's all irrelevant in any case.

Yeah I saw the usual CSA survivors coming out and saying they identify so well with Wade and James and posting their own "facts" and saying Square One is one sided, no facts. I can't with these people man.

And agreed, I wish no fan on Twitter would even bring it up. I only knew about the crap because a fan brought it up.

Yeah I saw the usual CSA survivors coming out and saying they identify so well with Wade and James and posting their own "facts" and saying Square One is one sided, no facts. I can't with these people man.

And agreed, I wish no fan on Twitter would even bring it up. I only knew about the crap because a fan brought it up.
What was more one sided than Leaving Neverland? That was the top of the line one sided and full of lies unlike Square One which dealt with facts. And you can not pay some of those folks who claim to be CSA any attention. They are no more CSA than this chair I am sitting in.

Apparently a lot of people care, seeing as it's still trending high on twitter at 1am. Not sure the fans bringing more attention to it is a good thing, but oh well. It's all irrelevant in any case.
Well it is gone now from trending. LOL.

Well what a surprise, some BS so called documentary on the BBC and the first news feed I come across is another attack on MJ, I haven't read it and have no intention of doing so as the headline, The real Michael Jackson and how he got away with it for so long is enough to make my blood boil, tbh I can't believe we are having to go through all this again.

What was more one sided than Leaving Neverland? That was the top of the line one sided and full of lies unlike Square One which dealt with facts. And you can not pay some of those folks who claim to be CSA any attention. They are no more CSA than this chair I am sitting in.

Well said. You have to laugh at the trolls.
And ther ridculous arguments to try and justify their B.S. twitter is such a waste of time.just gives a platforms to the ignornant and uneducated masses who otherwise would be even more irrelevent than they are.twitter doesnt legitimise idiots.

Other posts from the net.

said:I was on twitter when this was showing. I thought it started at 10pm, so was pleasantly surprised at 10.30 when I actually had to go searching for tweets.

Next.

It's been trending for the last 12hrs on Twitter. Been scrolling through the comments and came acroas maybe two negative ones and about 100 ones defending him.

We hijacked the hashtag posting positive MJ stories with #TheRealMichaelJackson. Like

I should point out Michael Jackson instagram account numbers been going up too as well. he lost some likes last year on facebook. not sure about his twitter because i don't do twitter.

A documentry going on about bleeching skin and using stacy brown as a source?????? no wonder they aired it in the middle of corona. What an imbarrassment.

The Guardian is covering it too, lol. "a dark truth behind MJ" or whatever nonsense. About how this Peretti investigates bla bla bla, man that turd ain't investigating shit.

We know the guardian hate mj. No one cares. Wouldnt have even known it was on if it wasnt for it been posted on here

I swear someone could say they saw Michael molesting a young boy inside the world trade center in 2003, and the tabloid media would report it as fact.

A documentry going on about bleeching skin and using stacy brown as a source?????? no wonder they aired it in the middle of corona. What an imbarrassment.

The thing is, we here know all about that guy and guys like Bob Jones, we know it's nonsense. But many people that watch that trash go "these men worked for him, they can't all be lying." sadly I know at least two people that react like that. And that's all because they don't know the full story, the things Mesereau revealed about them, the actual facts and necessary research.

But meh, I'm done care about trying to make these people see how twisted they have got it.

Some people are still using the ''He was rich enough to buy his innocent'' argument, while ignoring the fact that being rich didn't help Harvey Weinstein. And Weinstein was being protected by the mainstream media for decades.

Some people are still using the ''He was rich enough to buy his innocent'' argument, while ignoring the fact that being rich didn't help Harvey Weinstein. And Weinstein was being protected by the mainstream media for decades.

How though? The whole world was against him, the media was against him, the judge allowed every motion the prosecution wanted, every card went against Michael in that trial.

And yeah **** the Guardian. They've been the most vigorous anti-Jackson paper in the UK throughout all of this. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now.

Back