Daily Quotes

b7c296eaa2d0217d77764c144dbe0fb8.jpg

The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose and it will defend itself. - St. Augustine

I just love this video. I wonder if someone has some good pictures for the 7th September 1996 when Michael started his history world tour in Prague???? I would be very happy.

quote-i-must-study-politics-and-war-that-my-sons-may-have-liberty-to-study-mathematics-and-philosophy-my-john-adams-302658.jpg

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain. - John Q. Adams

Found it on www.foundingfathersquotes.com - great resouce for anyone trying to understand the manifest destiny of the mightiest nation the world has ever known.

The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes—ah, that is where the art resides!
Artur Schnabel, Chicago Daily News, June 11th 1958​

“Beethoven tells you what it's like to be Beethoven and Mozart tells you what it's like to be human. Bach tells you what it's like to be the universe.”

Douglas Adams

“Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present. Our life has no end in the way in which our visual field has no limits.”
Ludwig Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus (1921; Transl. 1922)​

“Learning does not make one learned: there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding. The first requires memory and the second philosophy.”

Alexandre Dumas

Back