Dancing the Dream

I think the value on the page- 20 to 25 GBPs - is drastically cheaper than the figures we see around on Ebay. I've seen this 1st edition sell for 50-90 dollars... ;)

That book can easily sell for about £150-£300.............

I picked up a First Edition Dancing The Dream at a carboot for 50p lol a couple of months back lol. Nice condition too!

are you on about the book or the film :) but i would say the book is about £140 :)

What do you guys mean by 1st edition? Is the 1st edition when it first came out?

very nice book, I paid 50 gulden (about 25 euro) for the first edition in 1993, last year I found the new edition with other sleeve too, really worth

The prices tend to fluctuate on ebay. I've seen them go for as low as GBP 20.00. That said I don't think it's worth anything more than $150 at the most (for a minty mint book). If it did go for more than that on ebay, it was probably due to a bidding war.

Last edited:
There's different first editions. The book was first issued by DoubleDay, july 1992. When you take of the cover the book is black and red. I think that is the real first edition. Not even a year later it was issued by a different company, also naming it first edition.

The very first edition has a red strip, with Michael's signature in gold.

Back