Dangerous 25 is NOT happening.

I honestly kinda wonder why they're even doing this celebration thing.
I doubt we're going to see or learn anything new, and this certainly won't grab the attention of the general public.
Meh, I'll hope for the best though. :yes:

Nothing happens. The world is ****ed up and we all gonna die.

it says in OP what they're going to do

Yeah, but Im interested to see what they share. They haven't divulged that.

I imagine, if anything unreleased is shared on the VEVO or website, it would be the Superbowl performance. Maybe some live performances of one or two of the singles, MTV 10 etc.

I send a email yesterday about this to MJ Online Team and got this response:

"Hopefully, you’re registered for Michael’s official list as well and received the website newsletter detailing the month-long celebration planned for Dangerous25. Although this will not include an anniversary release of the album, you will see new files uploaded to the website and/or Michael’s other channels such as the official “Who Is It” short film which was uploaded today for the first time. We hope you will enjoy the celebration of the Dangerous album and it’s impact."

Welp, the festivities have begun.
A bunch of Dangerous audio just got uploaded to MJ's official VEVO.
I'm going to make a thread to discuss the month long celebration and it's happenings instead of discussing it in a thread about Dangerous 25 not happening.

Re: {CONFIRMED} Dangerous 25 is happening

I'm hoping for the best and prepearing for the worst.

Someone posted this in the Archives directly from the MJ Online Team:

"Hopefully, you’re registered for Michael’s official list as well and received the website newsletter detailing the month-long celebration planned for Dangerous25. Although this will not include an anniversary release of the album, you will see new files uploaded to the website and/or Michael’s other channels such as the official “Who Is It” short film which was uploaded today for the first time. We hope you will enjoy the celebration of the Dangerous album and it’s impact."

No D25.

No D25.

Yes, no D25. Now put back your pants on and back to crying.

AlwaysThere;4172916 said:

No D25.
Can we at least get man in black & joy...if nothing else...i just want unreleased tracks. Idc about anything else...well then there's blu ray. But I'm just laying here thinking...what else could they upload as of now being that all 14 tracks are on vevo. I bet the next few things will be Oprah interview,superbowl, & the outtakes that's on the dvd. I bet those for sure will be on the vevo ch. Wait n c what i tell ya

Last edited:
They said no album release. Who knows if we get new audio.

I know, I wasn't saying we wouldn't get new audio, I was responding specifically to a (poorly designed) CD back that contained a fake tracklist.

As I said in another post, would be nice if they released a new track or something onto streaming services/digital stores, especially on the actual 25th anniversary day!

The only thing I take issue with is that they are misleading others by calling it "Dangerous 25". There was a "Bad 25", which was a box full of CDs, booklets, a concert DVD; why wouldn't casual and hardcore fans alike be mislead into thinking that "Dangerous 25" will be a physical release?

This.

To me, it's quite shortsighted of them.

They had to know how the fan community would react to a development like that. A real assertion of the nature of the 'campaign' prior to the publishing of the photograph and semi-cryptic hashtags would've been much more helpful and would've avoided all those fans getting their hopes up.

AlwaysThere;4172916 said:

No D25.

Do you not want Dangerous 25 to happen? Every little glimmer of hope that we get you immediately shut down with pessism. We get it, the chances of us getting a complete anniversary release are really slim, but I hope they have enough sense to release something more than just the album tracks on his channel because that's just silly imo.

Edit: For god's sake can someone merge all these threads together? It's really confusing lol

Do you not want Dangerous 25 to happen? Every little glimmer of hope that we get you immediately shut down with pessism. We get it, the chances of us getting a complete anniversary release are really slim, but I hope they have enough sense to release something more than just the album tracks on his channel because that's just silly imo.

Edit: For god's sake can someone merge all these threads together? It's really confusing lol

I got that same email. It's not happening sadly.

From the start I insisted that people need to keep their expectations in check. There was absolutely no evidence that Dangerous25 was in the pipeline and everyone who were marking the dates on their calendars were bound to get disappointed. And from all sides I was called a pessimist and yelled at for spreading "false propaganda" (a phrase I legitimately saw in at least one thread) and whatnot.

Now the Estate has confirmed in an email that there is no Dangerous25, and the celebration is strictly online. (I highly doubt that they will release any new music online, because that comes with its own set of issues, but regardless, there is no reissue or box set.)

And I'm already witnessing the fallout. People are posting "f*** Sony" and "the Estate lied to us" across the Internet, despite the fact that Sony has nothing to do with Dangerous25 and the Estate never even implied that they intended to do anything for the anniversary. (Naming the internet campaign Dangerous25 was incredibly misleading though - dumb move on their part.) And people on this very forum are saying, "The project is still coming! They're gonna release music or something interesting online! I know it!" and their expectations are still kept high.

The Estate confirmed that we aren't getting what we want unfortunately. I would love a Dangerous25, but it isn't happening. My pessimism stems from my belief that people need to keep their expectations in check. Look at how many people are genuinely upset about this release because they hyped themselves up the entire year.

No sad after all. We knew how is the current estate. Don't expect anything then won't get disappointed.

From the start I insisted that people need to keep their expectations in check. There was absolutely no evidence that Dangerous25 was in the pipeline and everyone who were marking the dates on their calendars were bound to get disappointed. And from all sides I was called a pessimist and yelled at for spreading "false propaganda" (a phrase I legitimately saw in at least one thread) and whatnot.

Now the Estate has confirmed in an email that there is no Dangerous25, and the celebration is strictly online. (I highly doubt that they will release any new music online, because that comes with its own set of issues, but regardless, there is no reissue or box set.)

And I'm already witnessing the fallout. People are posting "f*** Sony" and "the Estate lied to us" across the Internet, despite the fact that Sony has nothing to do with Dangerous25 and the Estate never even implied that they intended to do anything for the anniversary. (Naming the internet campaign Dangerous25 was incredibly misleading though - dumb move on their part.) And people on this very forum are saying, "The project is still coming! They're gonna release music or something interesting online! I know it!" and their expectations are still kept high.

The Estate confirmed that we aren't getting what we want unfortunately. I would love a Dangerous25, but it isn't happening. My pessimism stems from my belief that people need to keep their expectations in check. Look at how many people are genuinely upset about this release because they hyped themselves up the entire year.

You are right but I feel like you've made your point.

^^ Fair enough.

I apologize for the constant driving that point into the dirt. It's just incredibly upsetting being around the community when everyone is upset. The best times are right when a project is released and everyone is enthralled and excited and happy. It's sad to see.

So with 1 thread of rumors, 1 thread confirming, 1 thread denying, 1 thread just cuz... All for Dangerous 25.. what the heck is really going on?

4-5 threads for Dangerous 25.. what up? they contradict each other so what do we know or not know?

I completely agree with you but I think you're point has been made by now. Actually the fallout that i'm seeing right now has not so much to do with broken promises but more with the disappointment of taking this opportunity to celebrate Dangerous correctly. Rightfully so, why are only the 'Quincy' album getting the releases and recognition?. It wouldn't surprise me if there is another Thriller anniversary before a Dangerous.

I completely agree with you but I think you're point has been made by now. Actually the fallout that i'm seeing right now has not so much to do with broken promises but more with the disappointment of taking this opportunity to celebrate Dangerous correctly. Rightfully so, why are only the 'Quincy' album getting the releases and recognition?. It wouldn't surprise me if there is another Thriller anniversary before a Dangerous.
According to John Landis, something is in the works for 2017......so...yeah

Back