Dangerous 25 is NOT happening.

Re: {CONFIRMED} Dangerous 25 is happening

Hopefully remixes will happen too! Guess this project will have to be bootlegged to get it in physical form if they company decide that it is not worth releasing this worldwide major seller for the world's best selling recording artist...

^^

Remixes are the absolute worst thing the estate could decide to do IMO.

They struck gold with the Nero remix of Speed Demon... but that's about it. I find the vast majority of Michael Jackson remixes are anywhere from embarrassing to abysmal, especially if you're doing something from Dangerous.

Now if NICK* were to throw something out... that's another story.

I am SO excited about the possibility of "Dangerous 25" being released some time this year!!!! I hope it has remixes, demos, outtakes, instrumentals, accapallas, and alternative versions of songs! I hope that there is an awesome extended booklet too! Think of all the pictures and artwork it could contain!!!

More like the second we heard the first line sung of Breaking News.

I just again heard the Michael album in it's entirety today and my god, I am at loss for words regarding the fake songs Especially Keep Your head up. how the hell could they try to pass Keep Your Head Up as a Michael Jackson song? Not only that but they pasted his adlibs from other [released] songs to make them sound authentic? Not only was that idiotic but so disrespectful that I'm at loss for words. Michael Jackson, the man who broke record after record, the man who spent years and years perfecting his albums, who sacrificed so much to build up his legacy gets reduced to this? Despicable.

KOPV;4172955 said:
4-5 threads for Dangerous 25.. what up? they contradict each other so what do we know or not know?

MJ Online Team has said this:

"Hopefully, you’re registered for Michael’s official list as well and received the website newsletter detailing the month-long celebration planned for Dangerous25. Although this will not include an anniversary release of the album, you will see new files uploaded to the website and/or Michael’s other channels such as the official “Who Is It” short film which was uploaded today for the first time. We hope you will enjoy the celebration of the Dangerous album and it’s impact."

I'm sure everyone who sends a email will get that same answer.

Here is their email adress if anyone wants to try:
https://twitter.com/MJonlineteam/with_replies?lang=fi

So with 1 thread of rumors, 1 thread confirming, 1 thread denying, 1 thread just cuz... All for Dangerous 25.. what the heck is really going on?

nothing. they're just threads

Look what's happening for this random group that no one have ever heard of! So why in the hell would this not be done for such a major seller by the world's best selling recording artist?!!! https://www.popmarket.com/products/...ry-boxset-5-lp-red-black-swirl-vinyl-1-bluray These things happen all of the time!!! WHY NOT FOR THIS?!!!

Not happening now doesn't mean it never will happen.

Dangerous doesn't need to have an anniversary reissue; it can be reissued simply for the sake of doing so. Paul McCartney has been reissuing his albums for the past few years with a ton of bonus features.

Honestly, if I have to wait a while for them to get it right, I'm very willing to do so.

I am SO excited about the possibility of "Dangerous 25" being released some time this year!!!! I hope it has remixes, demos, outtakes, instrumentals, accapallas, and alternative versions of songs! I hope that there is an awesome extended booklet too! Think of all the pictures and artwork it could contain!!!

Didn't
you see the first post?

At some point they are going to have to do a super deluxe edition! So why miss out on this anniversary opportunity to release something that could be not as much of an over view as that? Surely they are going to want to exploit something that is not a Quincy Jones release! Imagine the damage to the franchise and Michael's name if it just becomes a one trick Quincy Jones pony show!

I 100 % agree with you! BUT all the more reason to take advantage of this anniversary so they can do something (else or before a bigger release) that is not as encompassing as a super deluxe edition might be! This is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of this anniversary to do something that is not as expansive as super deluxe might be otherwise! Besides anniversary releases are limited editions anyways, right? I mean "Bad" will need a super deluxe edition in the next few years so that they will be able to have a good many years of that out before it has its FIFTIETH anniversary. Same will apply for the other studio l.p.s! Too bad there are not more live releases that could be like this...but hopefully that will change in the next few years...

Last edited:
You got to be joking - right:D

Some fans are not doing any favours to themselves by posting things as above.

Yes, lets demand Branca's resignation because fans are throwing hissy fits when they don't get what they want:doh:

I wouldn't sign a petition based on the lack of a Dangerous 25 release. Fake MJ vocals are reason enough to want to be rid of Branca alone in fairness. There's a list of very valid reasons that people would want him gone. I personally never expected nor particularly wanted a Dangerous re-release. An online celebration looks interesting.

I'm not sure how some of you will cope when you have real problems in life.

But should In The Closet be called ITC instead? :lol: I agree Tony, Dangerous 25 was never happening. Some fans think that by pretending something is going to happen that 'that means it is going to happen. WTF???!!! Most of us knew this wasn't happening, there were never any signs, no mentions or slips from anyone on social media etc. The fans who are up in arms about this need a serious reality check.

You got to be joking - right:D

Some fans are not doing any favours to themselves by posting things as above.

Yes, lets demand Branca's resignation because fans are throwing hissy fits when they don't get what they want:doh:

The
petition is not about Dangerous 25 only!
It's about the last 10 years! including the cascio tracks!
It's about the estate don't care about fans!

Please. Don't speak on it. Being that it might just happen

Looks like we're going to need to be like Bert!
3ec6d46e33a5c31408fa123c55fd053c.jpg

Really though, if Trump becomes President he probably will do some dumb shit like start a nuclear war.

But should In The Closet be called ITC instead? :lol: I agree Tony, Dangerous 25 was never happening. Some fans think that by pretending something is going to happen that 'that means it is going to happen. WTF???!!! Most of us knew this wasn't happening, there were never any signs, no mentions or slips from anyone on social media etc. The fans who are up in arms about this need a serious reality check.

Some STILL think a release is coming and all....

^....With remixes, unreleased tracks, and a 4k DVD of DWT Munich....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Some just convince themselves to believe anything.

I don't think it's totally wrong to be upset about this. Overreacting to it? Yeah, it's bad, but that always happens with anything. But there are those like myself who are upset but have reluctantly accepted this, or are trying to.

The way I see it is that Dangerous is very loved in the fan community, and to see its 25th anniversary being celebrated in the form of YouTube uploads of songs from the album--songs that everyone likely already owns/streams elsewhere--is pretty lame. For the album to get this treatment after Bad, Thriller, and OTW were given the special re-release treatment with bonuses and documentaries and whatnot kind of stings. To me, it feels like they're trying to appeal to casuals who think Michael only did stuff in the 80's and/or that his stuff in the 80's was the only good stuff he ever did.

The only way an actual re-release of the album could happen at this point is if it turned out they were lying the whole time and then surprise us with one later this month. That's incredibly unlikely, though. I've pretty much accepted that it'll never happen, so... guess those who aren't into this will have to celebrate in their own way. =/ At least I can purchase Dangerous on vinyl now without having to worry about double-dipping for a potential 25th anniversary re-issue. =P

Some STILL think a release is coming and all....
And again they'll be left disappointed and worked up about it. :shrug:

The next anniversay/retrospective project will be Thriller; its an MJ/Quincy album and anything post Quincy that's released physically will probably be a Hits related project like a Number Ones anniversary edition. Yes, I believe they would do something like that. I don't believe they have any faith in post Quincy music to make cash, and perhaps a more appealing way to use the post Quincy music is the new album concept in which they can bring in contemporary artists and producers to be involved to push sales, and do tie-ins with everything from cell phones, cars, hamburgers etc.

I don't think it's totally wrong to be upset about this. Overreacting to it? Yeah, it's bad, but that always happens with anything. But there are those like myself who are upset but have reluctantly accepted this, or are trying to.

The way I see it is that Dangerous is very loved in the fan community, and to see its 25th anniversary being celebrated in the form of YouTube uploads of songs from the album--songs that everyone likely already owns/streams elsewhere--is pretty lame. For the album to get this treatment after Bad, Thriller, and OTW were given the special re-release treatment with bonuses and documentaries and whatnot kind of stings. To me, it feels like they're trying to appeal to casuals who think Michael only did stuff in the 80's and/or that his stuff in the 80's was the only good stuff he ever did.

The only way an actual re-release of the album could happen at this point is if it turned out they were lying the whole time and then surprise us with one later this month. That's incredibly unlikely, though. I've pretty much accepted that it'll never happen, so... guess those who aren't into this will have to celebrate in their own way. =/ At least I can purchase Dangerous on vinyl now without having to worry about double-dipping for a potential 25th anniversary re-issue. =P
It's just quite sad to see fans build themselves up for something that was never officially confirmed and then react as if something has been taken away from them. Time and again fans build themselves up for a massive fall. Surely even those who really wanted a Dangerous 25 knew in the back of their minds that it was highly unlikely to happen? I mean there was no signs just an assumption. And I agree with what your saying; their trying to appeal to casuals. Yup they absolutely are. Casuals bring in the dollars. I don't believe all of the hardcore fans who championed Bad 25 went out and bought it, and that's a Quincy album.

Edit] Just like to add, most fans HERE probably did buy Bad25.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, like, wow! "Dangerous" sold 25 million copies worldwide by the end of its two year promotional campaign!!! It currently has worldwide sales of FORTY MILLION copies!!! Why the phuck would the Estate and Sony not take the opportunity to milk the s-hit out of the twenty fifth anniversary as they did for "Thriller" and "Bad"?! What a f-ucking cop out! F-ucking peasants! This is like having a b-oner in your pants and not knowing what to do with it!

Oh, like, wow! "Dangerous" sold 25 million copies worldwide by the end of its two year promotional campaign!!! It currently has worldwide sales of FORTY MILLION copies!!! Why the phuck would the Estate and Sony not take the opportunity to milk the s-hit out of the twenty fifth anniversary as they did for "Thriller" and "Bad"?! What a f-ucking cop out! F-ucking peasants! This is like having a b-oner in your pants and not knowing what to do with it!

Because 25 years later we live in a different world. One where people illegally download and stream music without paying for it. 25 years ago MJ was still the biggest star on the planet, making incredible short films, still a prolific live performer and an album campaign could be stretched across two years, you could hit different markets at different times with singles, Internet has killed all that. Albums don't and won't do those numbers ever again, and Anniversay editions generally don't set the world on fire, a Dangerous anniversary physical release isn't going to do anything more than a Bad Anniversay release, probably even less.

Back