Dangerous Tour Rehearsals [Remember The Time]

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Country
Greece
Is there any official info about the exact date (date, month and year) of Dangerous Tour rehearsals in Neverland?

Also, what caused MJ not to include Remember The Time in that tour (as well as the performance of Bad after the first venues)?

Re: Dangerour Tour Rehearsals [Remember The Time]

Is there any official info about the exact date (date, month and year) of Dangerous Tour rehearsals in Neverland?

Also, what caused MJ not to include Remember The Time in that tour (as well as the performance of Bad after the first venues)?

Michael did NOT rehearse at his Neverland Ranch, it was at an old aircraft facility if i believe.. and nope.. not really any dates that have come to light other than the full dress rehearsal on June 25th 1992

Remember The Time and Rock With You, wasn't performed due to wardrobe malfunctions, I wish he had performed them though, It looked really good in the rehearsals! As for tyhe reason to why he took out TWYMMF and Bad, after the first 8 shows, I do not know. From the shows I've seen amateur footage of, it looked like they didn't quite get the ending right for TWYMMF which could have been a cause for taking it out, as for bad, I don't know, I'm sure the cause was similar to TWYMMF, other than that I do not know.

Hope tjhis helps :)

Remember The Time and Rock With You, wasn't performed due to wardrobe malfunctions, I wish he had performed them though, It looked really good in the rehearsals! As for tyhe reason to why he took out TWYMMF and Bad, after the first 8 shows, I do not know. From the shows I've seen amateur footage of, it looked like they didn't quite get the ending right for TWYMMF which could have been a cause for taking it out, as for bad, I don't know, I'm sure the cause was similar to TWYMMF, other than that I do not know.

Nah, time constraint was the reason those songs were ommitted. He performed them again in Tokyo.

Nah, time constraint was the reason those songs were ommitted. He performed them again in Tokyo.

TWYMMF and Bad or Rock With you and Remember The Time, cause I'm 99% sure it was wardrobe malfunction which was the main factor in why Remember The Time and Rock With You didn't make it. But it might have been because of time that bad and TWYMMF got taken out.

TWYMMF and Bad or Rock With you and Remember The Time, cause I'm 99% sure it was wardrobe malfunction which was the main factor in why Remember The Time and Rock With You didn't make it. But it might have been because of time that bad and TWYMMF got taken out.

I'm referring to TWYMMF and Bad. Remember The Time is said to have been excluded because of wardrobe malfunction but I'm not 100% sold on that. He could have circumvented those issues by the 2nd leg in 93 but he choose to include Dangerous instead. My personal hypothesis is that there was just too many songs in the setlist and he realized it too. Imagine if he would have added RWY and RTT on top of that setlist from the early show so. That's like 25 (full) songs. I still wish he would have performed RTT tho. He kicks so much ass when he's rehearsing the song

I bet if the tour would have made it to the U.S., he DEFINITELY would have done Remember The Time. Big hit here.

I bet if the tour would have made it to the U.S., he DEFINITELY would have done Remember The Time. Big hit here.

I read that the reason he didn't make it to the US is because he didn't want to.

I read that the reason he didn't make it to the US is because he didn't want to.

The DWT was originally set to run up until Christmas of 1993 but was cancelled the month earlier.

The DWT was originally set to run up until Christmas of 1993 but was cancelled the month earlier.

longer than that, all the way to 94. He was suppose to perform shows in Australia, they had already started the promotion for those shows, but yeah it got cancelled.

I think he stopped at Mexico because that's around the time the allegations came out and he didn't want to tour the states (and supposedly addiction to pain pills).
Which kinda sucked because he was still huge. He could have at the least done a few stadium shows in big cities, rather than a bigger arena tour.

The U.S. was still a big market for him. Especially then.

Michael did NOT rehearse at his Neverland Ranch, it was at an old aircraft facility if i believe.. and nope.. not really any dates that have come to light other than the full dress rehearsal on June 25th 1992

You mean the full dress rehearsal from 1993 ?

I'm referring to TWYMMF and Bad. Remember The Time is said to have been excluded because of wardrobe malfunction but I'm not 100% sold on that. He could have circumvented those issues by the 2nd leg in 93 but he choose to include Dangerous instead. My personal hypothesis is that there was just too many songs in the setlist and he realized it too. Imagine if he would have added RWY and RTT on top of that setlist from the early show so. That's like 25 (full) songs. I still wish he would have performed RTT tho. He kicks so much ass when he's rehearsing the song

I know, and it sucks that he wasn't able to perform it fully in '93 either on the soul train show :/

As for tyhe reason to why he took out TWYMMF and Bad, after the first 8 shows, I do not know. From the shows I've seen amateur footage of, it looked like they didn't quite get the ending right for TWYMMF which could have been a cause for taking it out

The reason for the withdrawal of TWYMF in Dangerous World Tour (as well as in HIStory World Tour after the Gelsenkirchen show in June 1997) was that the performance of TWYMF required so much energy.

Last edited:

Rock With You was not changed due to "wardrobe malfunctions". That would make no sense--there aren't any backup dancers, and Michael would be wearing whatever he wore in I'll Be There. If anything, that song was cut due to time constraints.

Rock With You was not changed due to "wardrobe malfunctions". That would make no sense--there aren't any backup dancers, and Michael would be wearing whatever he wore in I'll Be There. If anything, that song was cut due to time constraints.

I'm just stating what we've been told, I'm not saying it's what really happened, but that's what we've been told. On the wiki it says
"Rock with You" and "Remember The Time" were rehearsed, but then these songs were taken out of the setlist due to show logistics.
It could be that it could be other things, I'm just stating what others have stated before.

I also heard it was a wardrobe malfunction that caused RTT to be cut, but it doesn't make any sense when you think about it. Wouldn't MJ of all artists have the resources to fix such an issue? It's not that hard to make a functional costume and have a performer change into it, after all. Also, he wore a costume at that performance where he had to sit through RTT because of an injury (Soul Train Awards?)

I think Jennifer Batten was the one who mentioned it was a wardrobe issue. Something about the male backup dancers wearing these skirt things which fell off/tore off somehow and it showed too much, and that's why it was pulled.

It still doesn't make sense though, as they could've just fixed the costumes... or maybe they didn't have time to fix them?

When Michael performed RTT at the Soul Train Awards, the dancers' wardrobe was fine. It will remain a mystery the real reason why he didn't perform the song in the tour it seems.

I call bs on the wardrobe issue.
There's no reason why it's so difficult to make a few outfits for dancers for one-two songs for the tour.
It just didn't end up in the show, for whatever reason.
Still think he would have done it for a supposed U.S. leg of the tour.

I call bs on the wardrobe issue.
There's no reason why it's so difficult to make a few outfits for dancers for one-two songs for the tour.
It just didn't end up in the show, for whatever reason.
Still think he would have done it for a supposed U.S. leg of the tour.

Yeah Right? Lame excuse :p

When Michael dropped The Way You Make Me Feel and Bad. I wish that he would have replaced them with songs from the Dangerous album, like Who Is It and Give Into Me. This was the Dangerous Tour after all and that tour should have had more songs from that album

Maybe the reason for dropping out Remember The Time was that the dancers needed much time (during the intervals between the different songs) to put on and off their complicated, ancient-like costumes and not necessarily a wardrobe malfunction that leaked officially

When he was dancing with dancers, he's so cute

I reckon those two songs demand a lot from Michael vocally and he cut them for that reason rather than resorting to lip-synching.

If only he retained that attitude for his world tour in 1996.

The reason for the withdrawal of TWYMF in Dangerous World Tour (as well as in HIStory World Tour after the Gelsenkirchen show in June 1997) was that the performance of TWYMF required so much energy.

Too much energy? um, what? More energy than the rest of the 2 hour show? There's only one dance break in the song. the rest is walking around.

AtlasAir;4092636 said:
Too much energy? um, what? More energy than the rest of the 2 hour show? There's only one dance break in the song. the rest is walking around.

That song required a lot of action & dance moves (that’s why it was shortened by one verse) & it was not just “walking around”.

Have you NOT seen the Dangerous tour? TWYMMF is a cakewalk compared to other numbers in the show.
He didn't drop the song because it was too much energy to perform it.

AtlasAir;4092748 said:
Have you NOT seen the Dangerous tour? TWYMMF is a cakewalk compared to other numbers in the show.
He didn't drop the song because it was too much energy to perform it.

It seemed like "a cakewalk" because MJ performed ‘The Way you Make me Feel’ (during ‘Dangerous Tour’) in a very loosely way.

Back