David Walgren Appointed L.A. Superior Court Judge [Update] Debra Brazil appointed Judge

Re: Update: David Walgren Appointed to be L.A. County Superior Court Judge

Prosecutor in Conrad Murray case is appointed a judge
May 18, 2012 | 3:03 pm

A Los Angeles County deputy district attorney who helped win the conviction of Michael Jackson's personal physician was appointed a judge Friday.

David Walgren, the lead prosecutor at last year's trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, was among eight attorneys named to the L.A. County Superior Court bench by Gov. Jerry Brown.

Walgren, a 43-year-old Democrat from Calabasas, worked on several high-profile cases during 16 years at the district attorney's office. He prosecuted a photographer accused of trying to blackmail actress Cameron Diaz and headed an unsuccessful 2009 attempt to extradite director Roman Polanski from Switzerland for sentencing in a three-decade-old child sex case.

His greatest attention came during Murray's manslaughter trial, a six-week televised proceeding covered by an international contingent of reporters.

In a closing argument that was widely praised, Walgren humanized Jackson by reminding jurors that the larger-than-life celebrity with a history of drug problems was a father whose three children adored and missed him.

Jackson fans applauded the prosecutor when he walked down the courthouse halls, and his performance sparked Facebook fan pages, including "David Walgren Is Hot."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-in-conrad-murray-case-appointed-a-judge.html

Congratulations. He really deserves it. Does this mean he will be in the same courthouse?

This part of the blog above:-- In a closing argument that was widely praised, Walgren humanized Jackson by reminding jurors that the larger-than-life celebrity with a history of drug problems was a father whose three children adored and missed him.)-- People should know that David did not say anything about Michael having a history of drug problems.

He deserved both, his appointment & "David Walgren Is Hot." fb page.

Congratulations to him!

I'm really looking forward to his answers on MJJC :)

I am very glad to hear this. Congratulations Mr. Walgren.

Congrats Mr Walgren! Now on to the supreme court.!!!!

Congrats to David Walgren! I'm really happy for him. He'll make a great judge. :)

Really delighted for him, well deserved. Just finding it hard to believe he achieved this so young, I sort of think of judges as much older men.

Congrats!!!

Great news, and very well deserved. I wish him great success in his new appointment.

Congratulation my dear David :give_flowers:

If he says yes to my question, we'll be Honourable David and Bubs Walgren (or something similar):D

Congratulation my dear David :give_flowers:

If he says yes to my question, we'll be Honourable David and Bubs Walgren (or something similar):D
HAAA you will be competing with Twinkle, so I hope you can fight.

I hope he knows the fans send their congratulations!!

HAAA you will be competing with Twinkle, so I hope you can fight.

I hope he knows the fans send their congratulations!!
:D
For my David, I'll do anything, bring it on
cat-fight10.gif

:rollin:

ivy;3640455 said:
He's appointed as a judge

Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the appointments of Debra A. Cole, Halim Dhanidina, Peter A. Hernandez, Bruce G. Iwasaki, H. Clay Jacke II, Virginia Keeny, David B. Walgren and Jeffrey K. Winikow to judgeships in the Los Angeles County Superior Court.

David B. Walgren, 43, of Calabasas, has served as a deputy district attorney in the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office since 1996. He earned a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of California, Davis School of Law and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Los Angeles. He fills the vacancy created by the conversion of a court commissioner position. Walgren is a Democrat.

http://www.imperialvalleynews.com/i...ts-eight-to-los-angeles-county-superior-court

I had a feeling Mr. Walgren was a democrat - glad to see it confirmed. Congratulations. Well deserved appointment!

I was always curious how old he is, now this confirms my thoughts. Congrats to the new job! Well deserved.

Last edited:

Contrats Mr. Walgren! You sure as hell deserve this! :p

Just realized that Walgren lives in the same area as the Jacksons.

This is fantastic news! congratulations mr walgren!

Yep that's Nicol :)

Yep that's Nicol :)

She looks lovely too, no wonder David didn't reply to my proposal, sigh.
I still hope they have long and happy life together.

Wonder if he did this cause of cooley. was he pushed and felt he'd never make D.A while he was around as hes been an assistant for something like 16 years

I have wondered whether Cooley's thunder stealing antics pushed him to make the move away from being a DDA sooner rather than later.

She looks lovely too, no wonder David didn't reply to my proposal, sigh.
I still hope they have long and happy life together.

Hah! I have a feeling that might have more to do with the fact he has no bloody clue who you are than with Nicol's aesthetics. Flanny, after all, never replied to mine, and I would fancy thinking I'm better than Susan in that department.

But yes, may Mr. Walgren and his beloved have a long and happy life together, and may he have a long and prosperous career.

He looks great in the robe. That wife must be so proud of him!!!

^^If I recall, judge pastor had made some comment about Walgren's application before the trial started, so I think that move was already in development. This is better than Cooley's job, so I cannot see him being influenced by the fact that Cooley would not leave.

^^ Judge Pastor had to, I guess inform everyone involved that he had written a recommendation letter fore David's application :)

Back