Designated discussion thread for tabloid articles related to the Kat vs AEG Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Tabloids] designated Thread for tabloid articles/discussions related to the Kat vs AEG Trial

I can't even read these things. :no:

Re: [Tabloids] designated Thread for tabloid articles/discussions related to the Kat vs AEG Trial

^ Does he really think he's funny?

Yeah I think he thinks he is funny, it's not how I would describe him though!

What's funny is that you see people in the news take cheap shots and bully Michael but then those same people who are bullying Michael will do anti-bullying news specials. They are hypocrites

Sorry, last tear, is posting that boyle article really necessary on a fan forum? He's just a disgusting lowlife who makes disgusting jokes about everyone from the queen down, that's his schtick. It doesn't add anything to the trial, i thought this thread was just going to be about tab articles that had some unverified sources connected to the trial rather than just posting upsetting stuff.

Sorry, last tear, is posting that boyle article really necessary on a fan forum? He's just a disgusting lowlife who makes disgusting jokes about everyone from the queen down, that's his schtick. It doesn't add anything to the trial, i thought this thread was just going to be about tab articles that had some unverified sources connected to the trial rather than just posting upsetting stuff.

I agree with you that being particularly vile and disgusting is this particular comedian's 'Schtick'....it's what he does to everyone. But once upon a time (and seemingly not so very long ago) most of this putrid nonsense would be spewed out on a late night chat show or comedy show. I think it does seem to be a change that the more 'extreme' comments now seem to be printable in a 'family' newspaper, albeit a tabloid one. There does seem to be a 'race to the bottom of the barrel' and this trial does seem to have loosened any remaining restrictions on the depth of nastiness of comments in newspapers. Like all bullies, they only attack those who cannot defend themselves. It is a poor example for any younger readers. I wish that people would not buy this stuff, but they never seem to stop and think 'what if that was someone in my family, being written about'. And then they wonder about FB bullying.

Last edited:

i understand and I certainly didn't enjoy posting it, but I did so because 'articles' like this one are a by-product of this particular trial. And really one could argue that, given how tabloids report Michael, do any of them have a place in a fan forum?

What need he has to be cruel? It seems he's a very unhappy person.

It amazes me that there are so many newspapers out there dedicated to the devaluing & demeaning of humans. Yes all this is a form of bullying. To me bullying from media outlets is the most visible, which began as as a form of mild comedy, political satire, and then morphed into more nasty & degrading comments about 1 person as we see today. Someday people will show how the media engage in bullying & then maybe that would put a stop to this form of behavior?

MJ used drugs to connect with afterlife, alleges pal

London, May 8 (ANI): A friend of Michael Jackson, Deepak Chopra, has claimed that the singer was trying to get in touch with the afterlife when he took the anaesthetic that killed him.

Chopra, a spiritual adviser, said that the musical legend used Propofol to visit and return from "the valley of death", the Sun reported.

Dr Chopra
asserted that the star talked about his drug abuse "very casually".

The allegations came after experts in LA discussed how *****'s medication levels were consistent with someone having major surgery.
They said it was "very problematic" to find the hypnotic agent outside a hospital. (ANI)

http://news.yahoo.com/mj-used-drugs-connect-afterlife-alleges-pal-063633490.html

^ I don't think so!

More "friends" clawing their way back to media.
I'm expecting rabbi Shmuck to give an interview tomorrow or any time soon. :angry:

Yeah, he will be next! I was trying to think who was missing from this party. smdh

Oh please another one I see. So now even afterlife have to be put into these lies. At lease that chop guy is creative; most likely he is talking about something he did or tried to do. He probably took a lot of drugs to "pretend" he was trying to see the beyond. Hope he enjoys his pay from the tabloid for this foolish story.

MJ used drugs to connect with afterlife, alleges pal

London, May 8 (ANI): A friend of Michael Jackson, Deepak Chopra, has claimed that the singer was trying to get in touch with the afterlife when he took the anaesthetic that killed him.

Chopra, a spiritual adviser, said that the musical legend used Propofol to visit and return from "the valley of death", the Sun reported.

Dr Chopra

The allegations came after experts in LA discussed how *****'s medication levels were consistent with someone having major surgery.
They said it was "very problematic" to find the hypnotic agent outside a hospital. (ANI)

http://news.yahoo.com/mj-used-drugs-connect-afterlife-alleges-pal-063633490.html

:blink:
angfw5.gif
*big sigh*

mj used drugs to connect with afterlife, alleges pal

london, may 8 (ani): A friend of michael jackson, deepak chopra, has claimed that the singer was trying to get in touch with the afterlife when he took the anaesthetic that killed him.

chopra, a spiritual adviser, said that the musical legend used propofol to visit and return from "the valley of death", the sun reported.

dr chopra

the allegations came after experts in la discussed how *****'s medication levels were consistent with someone having major surgery.
they said it was "very problematic" to find the hypnotic agent outside a hospital. (ani)

he is a liar!

What nonsense is that of "connecting with the after life"

Purely for entertainment value I'm popping this in here as it doesn't really warrant it's own thread and is a response to the after-life article.

[h=1]Why won't Deepak Chopra let Michael Jackson rest in peace[/h]So far Chopra's anecdotes about his friend have cropped up in Time magazine, on Larry King and across the media

And so to new age guru/quantum quack Deepak Chopra, who has broken another impossibly brief silence on Michael Jackson.
As one of many who self-identify as Jackson's spiritual advisers – what a bang-up job they all did – Chopra is well placed to divulge details of his friend's mental health. Particularly now he's dead. According to what America's leading "wellbeing" expert told an interviewer recently, Jackson confided in him that he was using the general anaesthetic Propofol to visit and return from the afterlife, or "the valley of death".
Aha. Congratulations to Dr Chopra, who has now deployed this particular anecdote at least five times in the course of publicising his various ventures. It was first aired on Larry King's show, before doing the rounds of other news or chatshows, a TIME magazine interview, a promotional appearance ahead of a literary festival, and no doubt many other staging posts.
Each time you think the darkness must have claimed the anecdote, in fact, it returns from the valley of death. The only sadness, really, is that Michael was never turned on to Chopra's latest brand of healing: a pill called Endorphinate™. According to Chopra, this over-the-counter medicine relieves "anxiety, cravings, anger, trauma and fatigue".
It doesn't half make you bang on about Michael Jackson, though, so do be mindful of the side-effects.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/lostinshowbiz/2013/may/09/deepak-chopra-michael-jackson-rest

^^His daughter commented on that post, but the replies to her comment were spot on:
Gautam Chopra
10 May 2013 4:39am
Marina - you need to actually fact check your work. none of the quotes attributed to my dad are from any recent interviews. they are rehashed from about 3 years ago. cheers.

CitizenTM
10 May 2013 5:32am

@Gautam Chopra -
Doesn't make them any better.
Shame on your clan for selling yourself to the dark side.

@CitizenTM -
Is there a Chopra Win-free Show?

Afrochic
10 May 2013 8:36am

@Gautam Chopra - so he did say it.. Just a long time ago..which makes it allright.. Stunning!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/michael-jackson-could-not-sing-1886104

Michael Jackson could not sing and dance live at the same time, claim emails to be presented in court
13 May 2013 08:23

There was a 'secret plan' to use his backing tracks for his This Is It shows

Tragic Michael Jackson was so frail in the days before his death he could not sing and dance at the same time, documents allege.

And it is claimed his physical state so worried bosses of his comeback tour that they made contingency plans to use backing tracks at his £100-a-ticket shows.

But The King of Pop died aged 50 from an overdose of powerful anaesthetic shortly before the This Is It shows were was due to start at London’s O2 Arena in July 2009.

Jackson’s mother Katherine, together with his three children, are suing concert promoters AEG Live for £31billion.

A string of emails, seen by the Mirror and to be presented to the Los Angeles Superior Court in California, make it clear there were serious fears about *****’s ability to perform.

Long-term Jackson family friend Terry Harvey claims the singer had laid down vocals over several months to work as back-up material for shows.

And the promoter insists he made Jackson’s managers Dr Tohme Tohme, Frank DiLeo and contract lawyer Dennis Hawk aware of his dangerously frail state.

He says he warned Di Leo, who died in 2011: “You are going to kill Michael.”

In other evidence it is claimed ***** was so emaciated that, two days before he died, his heart could be seen beating.

Make-up artist Karen Faye said costume director Michael Bush looked in horror at Jackson’s unclothed body before a dress rehearsal: “He said, ‘Oh my God ... I could see Michael’s heart beat through the skin of his chest’.”

Faye, 60, who worked for Jackson over nearly three decades, claimed he was on the brink of death weeks before his drug overdose.

She wept, describing how she made up Jackson in his coffin, but refused to “help retouch” footage of the singer for the posthumous documentary, “This Is It”.

Faye blasted: “It was a lie. I didn’t want a lie.

“Everybody was lying after he died, (saying) Michael was well. Everybody knew he wasn’t. I felt retouching Michael was just a part of that lie.”

The key emails show there was a difference between the public version of Jackson’s rehearsals and reality.

After announcing the series of This Is It gigs, ticket sales reaped more than £169million at the box office.

But on June 16, 2009 music arranger Michael Bearden revealed the singer was unable to sing live and dance, just three weeks away from the start at London’s 02 Arena.

In a message entitled Plan B, Bearden told Kenny Ortega, producer and director of the This Is It tour, that he planned using Jackson’s studio material.

Bearden wrote: “If we can’t get everything we need from the vault I can use what we have and take out ad libs and such to try to make it feel new.

“MJ is not in shape enough yet to sing this stuff live and dance at the same time. He can use the ballads to sing live and get his stamina back ... I have full confidence he can sing the majority of the show live.

“His voice sounds amazing right now he just needs to build it back up.”

Dancer Travis Payne, who let slip Jackson needed golf carts to get around the arena, responded with, “Great idea”.

There were even rumours, strongly denied, that a Jackson stand-in was used to announce the London gigs.

Harvey, claims the singer recorded show vocals weeks before his rehearsals.

He said: “On This Is It there were moments where he wasn’t singing, his energy levels were down and anyone who worked with him in the past could tell Michael was a way off from 100 per cent. We found out Michael was in the studio recording tracks for the show and even new albums in his last months. You can put your voice in a sequencer and backing track for live shows, so if you don’t want to sing you mime and fans don’t realise.”

Other documents show how, five days before Jackson’s death, Ortega asked AEG managing director Randy Phillips to pull the plug.

On June 20 Ortega wrote: “My concern is that now that we’ve brought the doctor in to the fold ... the artist may be unable to rise to the occasion due to real emotional stuff.”

He continued saying how Jackson was “trembling, rambling and obsessing,” adding: “Everything in me says he should be psychologically evaluated. If we have any chance at all to get him back.”

Ortega added: “He’s terribly frightened it’s all going to go away. He was like a lost boy.” But Phillips shot down Ortega, after consulting Dr Conrad Murray.

Phillips refused to consider stopping the This Is It concerts. “You cannot imagine the harm and ramifications of stopping the show now,” he said. “I am not just talking about AEG’s interests here, but the myriad of stuff and lawsuits swirling around MJ that I crisis manage, and also his well-being.” Signing off as Randy he added: “It’s time to put out the fire, not burn the building.”

Harvey and partners AllGood Entertainment offered Jackson a Dallas 2009 comeback show, on the provision he went to rehab. But the singer chose AEG’s gigs in London.

It prompted a lawsuit with AllGood which they lost in 2010. But today Harvey claims AllGood plan to refile their £200million lawsuit against AEG for stealing the Thriller star from their grasp.

Harvey claims he spoke to Jackson in his last few weeks over the deal with AllGood.

He said: “It was part of the contract for Michael to get clean. His mother Katherine and father Joe knew that, and we made it clear to everyone close to him.

“For months we told Michael’s lawyer at the time Dennis Hawk, his managers Frank DiLeo and Dr Tohme Tohme he needed rehab.

“I told Frank, ‘He needs to get clean first’, but he didn’t want to know. It was an open secret in close circles that Michael had addiction issues.”

Harvey claims Jackson had agreed to do a one-off return gig in Dallas but was lured away by AEG execs.

Harvey, 53, who lives in Oklahoma, said: “Michael’s comeback was tailor-made for one show. He didn’t need to slug it out for 50 nights. The This Is It sales figures prove our formula – they made $200million from a rehearsal, so we would have made more – and Michael would have taken the lion’s share.

“There is a feeling that Michael’s death turned about to be a good business decision for AEG. It hurts me to say that, because people forget Michael was not just a commodity, but a troubled human being, with a lot still to offer, who was dedicated to his three kids. The only reason he did this was so that his kids could see him perform.”

AllGood, who have worked with stars such as Bon Jovi and Stevie Wonder, are set to refile their £200million law suit in the next few weeks.

“We feel there is a strong case,” said Harvey. “The company were not given access to the emails that have come up in this case.

“We have depositions from senior AEG executives, who insisted that Michael was healthy enough to do ‘100 shows’ in the days before the rehearsals. The emails in the Jackson case suggest they had knowledge of problems. People knew Michael had a long term drug condition.

“His employees saw him unable to walk after visiting doctors – it was even on the news, but no one stepped in. I think AEG will lose to Katherine Jackson.”

The Jackson family claim that as Jackson’s personal physician Dr Conrad Murray was responsible for administering the fatal anaesthetic, AEG should be held responsible as they were his employer. AEG deny responsibility.

Murray, paid £100,000 a month by Jackson, got four years jail for involuntary manslaughter.

^^^^^ smdh Michael was always going to lip-sync some songs, he always has, as do many other artists who move around on stage.

What a pathetic article. Most artist lip sync, duh. And look at AllGood saying they will be re-filing their lawsuit against the Estate. It amazes me how they are blaming AEG when they have been wanting to get MJ for their own shows. Bunch of greedy mofos all of them.

“MJ is not in shape enough yet to sing this stuff live and dance at the same time. He can use the ballads to sing live and get his stamina back ... I have full confidence he can sing the majority of the show live.“His voice sounds amazing right now he just needs to build it back up.”

I don't see anything unusual there .. MJ needed to build up stamina. They would do what was need to put on a great show. Plus Using backing vocals is not unusual with huge productions with lots of dancing. Also new are the claims ALLGood stressed a drug free MJ for the concert they were promoting to Michael. First time I ever heard it mentioned.

I don't see anything unusual there .. MJ needed to build up stamina. They would do what was need to put on a great show. Plus Using backing vocals is not unusual with huge productions with lots of dancing. Also new are the claims ALLGood stressed a drug free MJ for the concert they were promoting to Michael. First time I ever heard it mentioned.

As usual the tabloid just took out the most dramatic statement and made it into the headline. When this guy also wrote that MJ sounded amazing when he sang live. And by these e-mails it actually looks like he was gonna sing a lot more songs live on TII than on HIStory.

virginia_woolf;3822836 said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/michael-jackson-could-not-sing-1886104

Michael Jackson could not sing and dance live at the same time, claim emails to be presented in court
13 May 2013 08:23

There was a 'secret plan' to use his backing tracks for his This Is It shows

Tragic Michael Jackson was so frail in the days before his death he could not sing and dance at the same time, documents allege.

And it is claimed his physical state so worried bosses of his comeback tour that they made contingency plans to use backing tracks at his £100-a-ticket shows.

But The King of Pop died aged 50 from an overdose of powerful anaesthetic shortly before the This Is It shows were was due to start at London’s O2 Arena in July 2009.

Jackson’s mother Katherine, together with his three children, are suing concert promoters AEG Live for £31billion.

A string of emails, seen by the Mirror and to be presented to the Los Angeles Superior Court in California, make it clear there were serious fears about *****’s ability to perform.

Long-term Jackson family friend Terry Harvey claims the singer had laid down vocals over several months to work as back-up material for shows.

And the promoter insists he made Jackson’s managers Dr Tohme Tohme, Frank DiLeo and contract lawyer Dennis Hawk aware of his dangerously frail state.

He says he warned Di Leo, who died in 2011: “You are going to kill Michael.”

In other evidence it is claimed ***** was so emaciated that, two days before he died, his heart could be seen beating.

Make-up artist Karen Faye said costume director Michael Bush looked in horror at Jackson’s unclothed body before a dress rehearsal: “He said, ‘Oh my God ... I could see Michael’s heart beat through the skin of his chest’.”

Faye, 60, who worked for Jackson over nearly three decades, claimed he was on the brink of death weeks before his drug overdose.

She wept, describing how she made up Jackson in his coffin, but refused to “help retouch” footage of the singer for the posthumous documentary, “This Is It”.

Faye blasted: “It was a lie. I didn’t want a lie.

“Everybody was lying after he died, (saying) Michael was well. Everybody knew he wasn’t. I felt retouching Michael was just a part of that lie.”

The key emails show there was a difference between the public version of Jackson’s rehearsals and reality.

After announcing the series of This Is It gigs, ticket sales reaped more than £169million at the box office.

But on June 16, 2009 music arranger Michael Bearden revealed the singer was unable to sing live and dance, just three weeks away from the start at London’s 02 Arena.

In a message entitled Plan B, Bearden told Kenny Ortega, producer and director of the This Is It tour, that he planned using Jackson’s studio material.

Bearden wrote: “If we can’t get everything we need from the vault I can use what we have and take out ad libs and such to try to make it feel new.

“MJ is not in shape enough yet to sing this stuff live and dance at the same time. He can use the ballads to sing live and get his stamina back ... I have full confidence he can sing the majority of the show live.

“His voice sounds amazing right now he just needs to build it back up.”

Dancer Travis Payne, who let slip Jackson needed golf carts to get around the arena, responded with, “Great idea”.

There were even rumours, strongly denied, that a Jackson stand-in was used to announce the London gigs.

Harvey, claims the singer recorded show vocals weeks before his rehearsals.

He said: “On This Is It there were moments where he wasn’t singing, his energy levels were down and anyone who worked with him in the past could tell Michael was a way off from 100 per cent. We found out Michael was in the studio recording tracks for the show and even new albums in his last months. You can put your voice in a sequencer and backing track for live shows, so if you don’t want to sing you mime and fans don’t realise.”

Other documents show how, five days before Jackson’s death, Ortega asked AEG managing director Randy Phillips to pull the plug.

On June 20 Ortega wrote: “My concern is that now that we’ve brought the doctor in to the fold ... the artist may be unable to rise to the occasion due to real emotional stuff.”

He continued saying how Jackson was “trembling, rambling and obsessing,” adding: “Everything in me says he should be psychologically evaluated. If we have any chance at all to get him back.”

Ortega added: “He’s terribly frightened it’s all going to go away. He was like a lost boy.” But Phillips shot down Ortega, after consulting Dr Conrad Murray.

Phillips refused to consider stopping the This Is It concerts. “You cannot imagine the harm and ramifications of stopping the show now,” he said. “I am not just talking about AEG’s interests here, but the myriad of stuff and lawsuits swirling around MJ that I crisis manage, and also his well-being.” Signing off as Randy he added: “It’s time to put out the fire, not burn the building.”

Harvey and partners AllGood Entertainment offered Jackson a Dallas 2009 comeback show, on the provision he went to rehab. But the singer chose AEG’s gigs in London.

It prompted a lawsuit with AllGood which they lost in 2010. But today Harvey claims AllGood plan to refile their £200million lawsuit against AEG for stealing the Thriller star from their grasp.

Harvey claims he spoke to Jackson in his last few weeks over the deal with AllGood.

He said: “It was part of the contract for Michael to get clean. His mother Katherine and father Joe knew that, and we made it clear to everyone close to him.

“For months we told Michael’s lawyer at the time Dennis Hawk, his managers Frank DiLeo and Dr Tohme Tohme he needed rehab.

“I told Frank, ‘He needs to get clean first’, but he didn’t want to know. It was an open secret in close circles that Michael had addiction issues.”

Harvey claims Jackson had agreed to do a one-off return gig in Dallas but was lured away by AEG execs.

Harvey, 53, who lives in Oklahoma, said: “Michael’s comeback was tailor-made for one show. He didn’t need to slug it out for 50 nights. The This Is It sales figures prove our formula – they made $200million from a rehearsal, so we would have made more – and Michael would have taken the lion’s share.

“There is a feeling that Michael’s death turned about to be a good business decision for AEG. It hurts me to say that, because people forget Michael was not just a commodity, but a troubled human being, with a lot still to offer, who was dedicated to his three kids. The only reason he did this was so that his kids could see him perform.”

AllGood, who have worked with stars such as Bon Jovi and Stevie Wonder, are set to refile their £200million law suit in the next few weeks.

“We feel there is a strong case,” said Harvey. “The company were not given access to the emails that have come up in this case.

“We have depositions from senior AEG executives, who insisted that Michael was healthy enough to do ‘100 shows’ in the days before the rehearsals. The emails in the Jackson case suggest they had knowledge of problems. People knew Michael had a long term drug condition.

“His employees saw him unable to walk after visiting doctors – it was even on the news, but no one stepped in. I think AEG will lose to Katherine Jackson.”

The Jackson family claim that as Jackson’s personal physician Dr Conrad Murray was responsible for administering the fatal anaesthetic, AEG should be held responsible as they were his employer. AEG deny responsibility.

Murray, paid £100,000 a month by Jackson, got four years jail for involuntary manslaughter.

elbtj9.gif

Michael Jackson Case: AEG Never Paid Conrad Murray, He was Jackson’s Employee

The Michael Jackson trial goes on in Los Angeles, and some people are twisting what’s going on with the testimony. To clarify; AEG Live never paid Conrad Murray to be Michael’s doctor or anything. Emails from AEG may indicate, rhetorically, that “we’re paying him.” But AEG never paid him. Or hired him. AEG was giving Michael Jackson the money to pay Dr. Murray. But Michael had been paying him already. He was Jackson’s doctor.
There’s no smoking gun unless there’s a check made out to Murray from AEG or a receipt that Murray has from them. Promoter Paul Gongaware may be shaky on the stand. But his testimony is not going to win the case or lose it.
The headlines coming out of the trial can be misleading. All the back and forth about Jackson’s health and his disposition to working, etc are irrelevant at this point. All that matters now is establishing who was responsible for Dr. Murray, the man who presided over Michael’s death. Whether Michael was thin or eating or tired or sleeping all day or not rehearsing on schedule–none of that is pertinent to this case.
Who hired Conrad Murray? From the beginning it was clear that Michael Jackson hired him, chose him, approved of him, and wanted AEG to provide him with the funds to keep him doing his bidding. The rest of it can be written about or debated for years to come. But it won’t bring the Jackson family the millions and billions they expect to reap from this case.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/05/3...r-paid-conrad-murray-he-was-jacksons-employee

Bubs;3833323 said:
There’s no smoking gun unless there’s a check made out to Murray from AEG or a receipt that Murray has from them.

WHO THE HECK WROTE THIS ARTICLE? They stole my line. LOL!

I was just saying yesterday that a smoking gun would be an email that carried an attachment of a cancelled bank check from AEG to Conrad Murray. Without that piece of paper, the so-called smoking gun emails are just a bunch of fluff. A whole lot of talk with NO substance, in my opinion.

That's Friedman isn't it? He does read fan forums, so..... LOL

^^:rofl:
Roger is sneaky

but the myriad of stuff and lawsuits swirling around MJ that I crisis manage, and also his well-being.”

Funny it seems during this trial they sound like they didnt care bout mj at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back