Did anyone else think that Prince seemed angry?

Prince and all the kids are gorgeous. Lets not analyse them too much, after all thats what their daddy had to endure.

I hope they do eventually come to the forums, or even if someone prints certain aspects of what the fans are saying and hands it to them.

I guess we have to presume now with time they are going to get curious and undoubtedly at some point in their lives will be taking a peek at places like this.

You guys are right, we probably shouldn't go there.

I just re-watched the memorial and he did seem to hold back a lot of emotions, it must be so over-whelming for him and his siblings. :(

Like prismsagainst5live stated, Prince was very hard to read...I was just looking at him chomping on his gum...I was like hmmmm lol. He probably was angry, who knows. I know that I was angry when I lost my father as a child, about a lot of things.

numb and lost. that's how he was. my heart goes out to him. to all three of these kids

Michael tried all their lives to keep them out of the spotlight. Then all of a sudden, here they are in front of millions of people up on stage, while their dad is laying right there in front of them inside a casket.

Prince might have been shocked, angry, sad, and like 'wtf...this makes NO sense'

But who really knows? I just hope he's okay. :yes:

I recognize some of those same behaviors and attitudes in myself when someone close to me dies. I bet as soon as all the strange people go away and stop coming over to him to say how sorry they are for his loss, he will start to feel a little more comfortable. And the gum is probably to keep nausea down.

That gum was serving some serious purpose. It was his glue. It held him together. At certain poignant moments in the service he chomped so hard and fast I knew he just wanted to bust out. He was just so moody throughout. I know he is hurting and when I saw his attitude I wanted to just give him back his dad.

He did really well to hold it together....

He was Mike's first born....he's had him the longest...it must hurt beyond compare...

My mom said it really annoyed her the way Prince was acting and chewing gum. I tried to explain to her that sometimes kids don't like to show their emotions, especially boys and especially at an event like this. I know I felt he was hard to read but he could have just been feeling many different things inside. I don't think he's over it. I'm almost certain there's times when they're alone that they probably cry and miss their dad alot it's a normal feeling. I was proud of all 3 of the kids they did a great job. I was so scared at how they would cope but they showed the whole world how strong they were and of course Paris showed with her speech what a great dad Michael was.

When the brothers brought Michael's casket in, I saw to the side that LaToya gave Prince some tissues and he was wiping his eyes really fast.

I felt like he's trying to be strong for his little brother and little sister. A lot has happened to him and his siblings in the last few weeks, so his emotions can run the gamut.

Oh really? I didn't notice that..I don't remember if CNN panned to the family when the casket came in, since I was watching that channel I'll have to go back and watch the dvd.

When the brothers brought Michael's casket in, I saw to the side that LaToya gave Prince some tissues and he was wiping his eyes really fast.

I felt like he's trying to be strong for his little brother and little sister. A lot has happened to him and his siblings in the last few weeks, so his emotions can run the gamut.

Yeah I downloaded the HD version yesterday and you can clearly see that.

I take back what I said, after watching the memorial in better quality you can really see how distressed he was and he didn't seem angry. Especially when Usher finishes singing gone too soon and goes over to Katherine, looked like he was using all his strength to not cry.

Poor little guy :no:

no it seems to me he took it a lot better than the other 2.

Oh really? I didn't notice that..I don't remember if CNN panned to the family when the casket came in, since I was watching that channel I'll have to go back and watch the dvd.

what dvd?

no it seems to me he took it a lot better than the other 2.

I don't wanna dissect the his facial expressions but did you watch the high quality videos? You can clearly see it in his face. He actually seemed more distressed than the other 2 :no:

I don't wanna dissect the his facial expressions but did you watch the high quality videos? You can clearly see it in his face. He actually seemed more distressed than the other 2 :no:

no i never saw them in hq.

I'm sure Prince is grieving over his father's death. He is trying to be strong for Blanket. Cause blanket is looking like someone took away his favorite blanket. No pun intended.

what dvd?

Oh I recorded it on dvd cause I was scared I would fall asleep during it cause I had woken up early to follow the media coverage. I fell asleep when I watched Live Earth bacm in 07 cause it was on really early in the morning so I didn't want to make the same mistake and miss this as well.

Oh I recorded it on dvd cause I was scared I would fall asleep during it cause I had woken up early to follow the media coverage. I fell asleep when I watched Live Earth bacm in 07 cause it was on really early in the morning so I didn't want to make the same mistake and miss this as well.

oh ok.

Superstition made a DVD out of it though in the download section.

good because i want to see it again.

Oh lol I guess I should have checked there before setting my dvd to record, oh well it's alright. Thanks to Superstition though!

Sorry, but didn't find ok the way he "behaved" for 12 year old. Someone should have told him to spit that bubble gum. Paris was great and not only at the end. And Blanked was just cute.
The whole memorial was very well.
Alot of my friends told me they watched and liked also very much, even they don't care much about Michael, but trying to be nice about him.

i'm trying very hard, but can't understand prince,
really sorry for this but i feel he was not saddened,
i don't want this to be so and it hurts me very much...
i don't know, i'm just trying to find something that can show me i'm wrong...
that i'm mistaken, i want with all my hurt to be mistaken
please help me see that prince was very sad for his deddy...

The boy is hurt, leave him alone!!

It's hard for a kid his age to show emotions because of peer pressure!

Yes I'm thinking the same here.
If it's my memorial ehehe..i wouldn't like anyone to chomp on the gum, it's utterly disrespectful to the deceased.

When my Mum died, Dad and I went to buy a washing machine later that day. Both of us were so shocked and numb. How do you process such a monumental loss? We didn't cry we just had no idea what to do with ourselves. It felt like I was in a drugged sleep, that I was there but not. I know people close to me at that time said that I was not really "there" when they spoke to me.

I loved my Mum so much, words could never covey the feeling. Sometimes, there is no relation as to how someone acts to the world as to what they are feeling inside.

I agree it was hard to read what was on Prince's mind. I noticed the gum...maybe it relaxed him? I don't know, but I'm sure he is angry about what happened...but like someone else said, he may just be feeling numb. Overall, I thought the children did great. The world now sees what an amazing father Michael was...and I totally see Michael in each of them.

I don't understand it.

WHY would ANYONE doubt that a little boy losing his father WOULD be in pain? :blink:

I don't get why this question has been even raised... Stop it!

Last edited:
Back