Did Michael Bush also make a gold version of the Bad Tour outfit?

It was probably difficult for him to dance in those tight leather pants.

If you all were dancers you know that you can't dance in a certain type of leather(pants) scream was a different because its a video & not for 2hr shows although he did wear those pants in "Come Together" & he switched out the bad silver shirt for the yellow. Im guessing that he changed the shirts was because ppl may have thought come together was a track performed on tour & he didnt wanna throw ppl off...thats just my theory. I wonder if anything is shot(come together) with the silver shirt

It's not perfect, but I used microsoft paint to see what the blue and red BAD Tour costume might look like with the Smooth Criminal jacket and hat. And I really like it with the blue

92226064_10220583501074243_1787462975100026880_n.jpg

91929633_10220583514034567_5499058461150806016_n.jpg

Wow. he looks nice with both. maybe he should of change his outfits every night. that would of been interesting.

On a side note: How many different colours of the Dangerous Tour leotard are there, apart from gold?

On a side note: How many different colours of the Dangerous Tour leotard are there, apart from gold?
That might have been the only 1 but its referenced to a photoshoot & he wore black. The way he wore it tucked on that photoshoot was perfect...i could never feel comfortable with that string in my azz lol

Is this really one of the versions of the costume that was made by Michael Bush? I've never seen him talk about it.
He always mentions: black, silver, red and blue

exhibit-michael-jackson-bad-3.jpg

Not gonna lie. This gold one looks really cool. I wish MJ had worn it during the Bad Tour.

dethorro;4285541 said:

wonderouzmj;4285546 said:
That might have been the only 1 but its referenced to a photoshoot & he wore black. The way he wore it tucked on that photoshoot was perfect...i could never feel comfortable with that string in my azz lol

There were only two colours of leotard that Michael Jackson wore, the gold one and the black one.

But he never wore the black one when he was performing during the Dangerous Tour.

He wore the black leotard only one time when he was photographed for the Herb Ritts ‘Dangerous Promo Photo Shoot’ in 1991.

The black leotard provided the stylistic inspiration for his later gold leotard that he wore during the Dangerous Tour.

He decided to change the colour from black to gold (for his touring) mainly because he wanted on stage to radiate more sex appeal to his female fans - the gold colour accentuated better his crotch area.

#

How about the photo on the left at 6:30? Are the costumes in the background different versions of the leotard or completely different costumes?

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Looks like normal shirts to me.

Does anyone here have this book? Any interesting leotard infos there?

I have to check the book again. I only scanned a couple of photos back then (not entire pages), one of them being the one you posted though.

Below the image it reads: "Despite our making the fencing shirt in as many colors as we could find, gold was the clear winner with lime green a distant second."

726393.jpeg

Last edited:
So, it looks like the leotard wasn't only made in black and gold.

I have to check the book again. I only scanned a couple of photos back then (not entire pages), one of them being the one you posted though.

Below the image it reads: "Despite our making the fencing shirt in as many colors as we could find, gold was the clear winner with lime green a distant second."

726393.jpeg

ngl Michael wearing a Lime-Green shirt would probably look awful. Silver would've probably be a better 2nd option, though he's already worn Silver on multiple occasions, so I don't mind the gold.

726393.jpeg

Thanks!

Strange though... that description (in the book) doesn't fit the foto. Those in the back are clearly all just normally cut shirts with nothing down in the crotch area.

The book shows all of the different colors of the BAD Tour outfit. A photo per outfit. But only this one photo to show all of those interesting rare different fencing shirts?

Seems that truth got a little "bent" in this description. :)
Maybe those other shirts were meant as alternative stage outfits, but they were no fencing shirts.

Last edited:
Those shirts are not leotards. Just the gold 1. The others gotta be for another costume or concept. Maybe there werent finished yet the collars on them are different

No matter what colour it is, I don't think Michael was ever gonna have another tour costume that was cooler than the BAD one. The BAD Tour costume was perfect.

It looks like there were two different versions of the silver costume.

Here's one from Kansas 1988. Notice how there's no zipper. Since this was from one of the first shows from 1988 my guess is that Michael Bush hadn't had chance to perfect the costume yet.
4f9eab81eb384c54207dc0e538afcefd.jpg

And there's the other one with the zipper that more people are familiar with
0_p_00108328.jpg

analogue;4287684 said:
Since this was from one of the first shows from 1988 my guess is that Michael Bush hadn't had chance to perfect the costume yet.

She doesn’t mention MJ’s shirts, but check out Jennifer Batten’s videos I posted the other day. She talks about costume failures during the Bad tour, and it’s hilarious. :D

It looks like there were two different versions of the silver costume.

Here's one from Kansas 1988. Notice how there's no zipper. Since this was from one of the first shows from 1988 my guess is that Michael Bush hadn't had chance to perfect the costume yet.
4f9eab81eb384c54207dc0e538afcefd.jpg

And there's the other one with the zipper that more people are familiar with
0_p_00108328.jpg
Kmsl ive never noticed that!

Back