Did Michael like pizza?

I hope so! How can you not like pizza! :biggrin:

So yes he liked pizza. But being a vegetarian made that a hard task to accomplish for his personal chef. Lol!

I know he often bought pizza for his fans who would hang out under his hotel window at various locations.

People keep saying he was a vegetarian but I think it's been clear and repeated again and again that basically the vegetarian thing did not last.. he was known to eat meat!!

MasterLife;4164845 said:
I read a long time ago his favorite food was a Moroccan one

Yeah. I also remember reading something about this. But I think it was on a French site ! I'll try to find it again.

Edit : http://www.vanityfair.fr/monde-de-vf/articles/le-chef-cuisinier-de-michael-jackson-revele-ses-invraisemblables-habitudes-alimentaires/27697

I quote : «Vegetarian who doesn't like vegetables. Someone who likes pizza but don't like pasta. Someone who loves candy but don't want to eat sugar.»

Last edited:
People keep saying he was a vegetarian but I think it's been clear and repeated again and again that basically the vegetarian thing did not last.. he was known to eat meat!!
True. Very true. He was known to chow down on some KFC. Lol!
Maybe he was a semi-vegetarian or flexitarian. Hell I don't know for sure.
But I do know he had to eat healthy in order to sustain his busy and vigorous lifestyle
and keep that gorgeous bod in shape. ;)

^ Yeah from my understanding he leaned towards white meats and trusted his chefs to guide his healthy eating.. than go through the drive thru at KFC lol

Hey its balance... haha

Michael I don't think never claimed to be a nutrition expert and in that area I think he was fairly impressionable (ie why he tried so many different dieting ideas) like being vegetarian, fasting once a week... ummm what else has he done..? I don't remember but read a few..

^ Yeah from my understanding he leaned towards white meats and trusted his chefs to guide his healthy eating.. than go through the drive thru at KFC lol

Hey its balance... haha

Michael I don't think never claimed to be a nutrition expert and in that area I think he was fairly impressionable (ie why he tried so many different dieting ideas) like being vegetarian, fasting once a week... ummm what else has he done..? I don't remember but read a few..
I know he and Jermaine went became pretty faithful vegetarians to tackle their skin problems in their late teens/early 20's-and I always think of him as one. A vegetarian that just couldn't resist KFC. :)

I'm sure he had a lot favorite dishes. I know he loved turkey bacon with his breakfast, and enchiladas for lunch/dinner. He also liked sushi and a few Indian dishes (chicken Tika masala?). I think he started easing meat back into his diet somewhere in the early-mid 90's. Who knows why he shifted from vegetarianism, dunno if the decision was health-based or just boredom with his veggie menu lol.

Here's Michael's own explanation from 2001 regarding vegetarianism (from the Shmuley tapes):

160907105001271272.jpg

I think his vegetarianism was only a phase in the 80s. We know he LOVED KFC, fish. He even ate bacon. So no, he wasn't a vegetarian.

Didn't he have health problems in the 80s because of his vegetarianism and grueling dance routines? Or was it just speculation from the tabloids? That's the reason I read why his doctors advised to include at least white meat in his diet.

Didn't he have health problems in the 80s because of his vegetarianism and grueling dance routines? Or was it just speculation from the tabloids? That's the reason I read why his doctors advised to include at least white meat in his diet.

I don't think it was speculation because Katherine mentioned that in her book and Michael said something similar to Schmuley.

Honestly I believe Michael wanted to be vegetarian, but found it difficult to sustain due to health reasons and his craving for chicken! There are people who switch between the two and he was probably one...

Back