Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

I wonder why he never took that chance the first time....
Probably just wasn't the right time. Look at all the records that he shattered. He was moving extremely fast. It takes a lot of dedication to do what he's done. No one would have been able to keep up with him anyway while he was busy making history. To do what he's done, he would need all of his space.

In 2007 michael ,made some memorial personal appearance (Japan fan event,accepted an award at Japan music awards show,visits book store )etc...
He released one or two press releash's he seemed to be In a happier place as things started to pick up In his life ,then came 3 major moments of last year '' vogue ,Ebony,Jet magazine ('s) photo shoots ... On the cover and Inside spread of those mag's you can see his light shining bright again ,his playfulness comes through ,love and a sense of sereness about him ,,yes 2007 Is when I noticed michael started looking happier or at least pleased at how things were forming out that year...

Yes! It sure is!

It's like the things in his life that makes him who he is are starting to line up again and he can feel it happening.

It also seems like even if he and his friend are not together the way he'd like them to be he is happy just having her around. I don't think all future love songs will be about her, but it's nice hearing the ones that are. It's nice hearing him serenade. In "Someone Put Your Hand Out" that's what he said he would do. Looks like he's kept his word.

Last edited:
MJ was a rising star when he was a little kid. He was a man when he said "Swift and sudden fall from grace" in the song "Stranger In Moscow." By the time he had released "Stranger in Moscow" in 1995, he had already been through various girlfriends and was in his first marriage. He has now been through two marriages, plus a period of deep sorrow. He was too young to be in serious relationships when he recorded the very first song called “One More Chance.”

When Geraldo asked him about true blue friends—which MJ referred to as the faithful—MJ told Geraldo he wouldn’t know them. Therefore, the "One More Chance" that he recorded in 2003 is about someone unknown to the public but someone that he’s very much familiar with as pointed out here:

"Fall Again"
I wanna fall with you again
Like we did when we first met

"The Way You Love Me"
* I was alone in the dark when I met you
* I thank the heavens above that I met you

"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"
I met her on a walkway

"The Girl Is Mine 2008"
Every night she walks right in my dreams
Since I met her from the start

StateofShock is pointing out that there is a "One More Chance" from the early years and a "One More Chance" in the present day and that the first one has a line that fits into MJ's life.

Also, notice that all of the above listed songs were released well after Bashir had asked him if he had someone that he liked and MJ answered him by saying, "I haven't met her yet." Things seem to have changed a lot since then. He's now released several songs where he's saying he's met her and he's been acting much happier too.

^ :yes: thanks for pointing out/clarifying what I was saying - the point being, how things line up by seeming coincidence (which is defined by some as God's way of remaining anonymous lol)

btw - when Bashir asked MJ that question, MJ's words were actually, 'I haven't found one yet', (and if you'll notice it does seem as though he is choosing his words carefully as he also gets Bashir out of his bizz LOL) and, it seems to me that actually, his choice of words ironically fit even more within the theme of all this :giggle: and with the lyrics, "searching for that one ..." :giggle: this is somethnn else and so are you AllforMJ :lol: to even have us all on this train of thought and how so far it 'lines up'. Again, I do hope MJ won't/doesn't mind us towing the line here until his new jams come out - something fun for fans to do with his music in the meanwhile...

You laugh!! I swear, I tell myself "don't look" ...but I come right back here TIME and TIME again!! AARRGGHH!! LOL!
:no: :lol: you're so NOT alone

Last edited:
There always seems to be something that can be added to the thread. :lol: It just seems to pop into your head from nowhere, huh? Snap, crackle and POP!!! There it is!! That's how it works!!!
:lol:

btw - when Bashir asked MJ that question, MJ's words were actually, 'I haven't found one yet', (and if you'll notice it does seem as though he is choosing his words carefully as he also gets Bashir out of his bizz LOL) and, it seems to me that actually, his choice of words ironically fit even more within the theme of all this :giggle: and with the lyrics, "searching for that one ..."
Hey, yeahhhhhh. He did say "one." And it does fall right in place with that line in "One More Chance." "Searching for that one who's gonna make me whole." In other words, searching for "his other half." And that word "mysteries" really adds to the fun. Where there are mysteries, there are "clues."

His clues are lovely. :wub:

Last edited:
I wonder why he never took that chance the first time....
It does say that his ego got in the way, in the lyrics that were quoted. If that is the case then maybe he just thought she'd be around forever and he'd have all the time in the world to decide if he wanted to pursue her or not, or when, since it has probably been that way for him in the past that women would get caught up in him and just stick around waiting for him, but maybe she wasn't going to wait around for him. Then maybe once he had possibly lost her he saw that he should take a chance on her before it's too late again.
Yes! It sure is!

It's like the things in his life that makes him who he is are starting to line up again and he can feel it happening.

It also seems like even if he and his friend are not together the way he'd like them to be he is happy just having her around. I don't think all future love songs will be about her, but it's nice hearing the ones that are. It's nice hearing him serenade. In "Someone Put Your Hand Out" that's what he said he would do. Looks like he's kept his word.

I was just wondering how you can tell how he looks like he is feeling when we never see him (ok not never, but rarely). What do you base it on?

Also I wonder if she is the one, why wouldn't the future love songs be about her? Or am I just misunderstanding you here?

I was just wondering how you can tell how he looks like he is feeling when we never see him (ok not never, but rarely). What do you base it on?
I’m basing it on my own observation from being a fan for close to 40 years. I watched him grow up while I myself was growing up. My family have every album from the start of his career. I'm talking about music on vinyl. We never missed him when he was on television—saw all the Variety Shows, TV specials, special television guest appearances. The time that he was a guest on the Dating Game—that many are now watching on YouTube these days—I remember actually seeing it when it aired. When The Wiz originally came out I saw it at a movie theater. A group of teachers took us on a field trip to see it. The night that he first did the moon walk, I was watching Motown 25. Everybody was talking about it at school the next day. And of course I saw all of his videos when they premiered.

I’ve had a chance to see him on stage, as well as off stage. I saw him while he was with his brothers several hours before concert time. They were staying at a hotel where one of my relatives worked. She called me and told me what time they were arriving. I got a chance to go to the concert that night because their road manager gave her a pair of tickets. She gave them to me.

I got a chance to see him in person again when he came back by himself to promote his album. This is when I got a chance to see him using his decoy so he can slip indoors to start his autograph signing session. It almost felt like a magic trick because they do it so quickly. When some of the fans got out of line to run up to the decoy, he was already inside the building.

I’ve had a chance to see him as MJ the superstar, MJ the warm and friendly; MJ the very caring and trusting; and MJ the extremely shy—all in person with my own eyes. I’ve actually heard him speak in that whisper that people write about. He was speaking that way while he was talking to me. I was barely able to hear him.

When you read lyrics where he says he doesn't know what to say, he truly means that. He doesn't know what to say. He will sit in total silence if you don't take the lead and talk to him first.

I’ve been pretty lucky and it's been a pretty amazing ride. I never expected to see him from so many different angles. You'd be surprised to find out how sweet and down to earth he is. He is truly sweet and down to earth. He's very nice.

I was never the type that covered my walls with pictures of him or that bought every magazine that had him on the cover. The only picture I placed on my wall was the one he signed. I didn't even ask him for it. It was just given to me and I've kept it ever since. I haven't read any books about him. Watching him for so long, listening to him over the years and meeting him a few times has given me a good sense of what type of person he is. He's cool.

During the above time period he was always upbeat. It wasn't until his path crossed with the Chandlers that he started slowly slipping into a depression.

The main reason why I've been buying all of his latest music is not just because I love having it, but also because I've been trying to get a feel of when he was starting to bounce back. When you've had a chance to watch him most of his life and listen to him, you can pretty much tell when he's happy and when he's not.

Luckily, he's come out of that depression. He kicked it to the curb.
Also I wonder if she is the one, why wouldn't the future love songs be about her? Or am I just misunderstanding you here?
It just doesn't seem like something he would do. He's never been the type to settle into a routine when it comes to his music. He always switches things up so you don't know what's coming. If he were to keep singing songs that are only about her, it would become repetitive. Plus, it seems like he would move on to other things if he's actually with her. He's never put out a song like "Beautiful Girl." I've never heard him sound like that before. It was so obvious that he was in love when he did it. I'm just happy to see him happy and waiting to see what he'll do next.

One other thing. The way that I found out that he is very spiritual is from feeling his aura for myself. It is very strong. You feel it before you even see him. It's even stronger when you're next to him. Only someone that is very spiritual and in tune will have that, but I've never felt it come from anyone as strongly as it comes from MJ.

Last edited:
AllforMJ, I really loved reading your post. Beautiful. But I feel Michael has revealed to us he was deeply depressed before the Chandlers arrived in his life. The song and short film, "Who is it", captures his pain, torment and agony in a very profound way. Michael's dispair can be heard in the music which is why the song is so unforgetably haunting and very powerful.

As for the "clues" you guys spoke of in earlier post, I'm sure many can be found in the short film of "who is it", which is far beyound my level of thought, lol. But things thats obvious, in that particular short film, Michael has revealed; There were others involved in the dismantling
and separation of he and this woman at least from his prospective.

If anything the Chandlers sent him further in the darkness of his own pain.

Moddie, I feel you on "Who Is It." That's why I've referred to this one particular songs many times in the thread. Someone hurt him deeply. She really hurt him bad. And yes, what the Chandlers did just magnified it.

Thank God MJ is a true believer. His total belief in God is the only thing that has kept him standing.

I also want to add that I am very proud of him for the way that he handled himself during the trial. I also loved the way that he had the words "The Power Is In Believing" flash on the screen before letting visitors know the theme of his site was "A New Beginning."

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing your story AllforMJ. I loved reading it. I never grew up as a fan, however I was still touched by him in some ways when I look back on my life, like when I was just a little girl and we all held hands for an assembly at school in the yard and sang "We Are The World". I remember coming to the realization that, though I was just a child, I could make a big difference in the world. It was like a light bulb went off in my head while we were all there singing.

I did miss out on the things you describe though and needed to see it from your point of view to really understand how you could see he is happy, and also what brought you to that conclusion. I've only seen him in this time you've said he is happier. I missed the pre-Bashir unhappy times. I came around after the rebuttal so that's all I have to compare with. Again, I really enjoyed your post :) it was wonderful to read.

Last edited:
Thanks Ape. It's been wonderful being a fan. He's a sweetheart. He's gotten his bumps and bruises along with way, but he doesn't let anyone stop him from believing in better things. He keeps going. When you really think about it, there's no reason to stop believing in better things.

Last edited:
We are talking about a man that has made it very clear to the world that he is lonely. He wants what he wants. He wants true love. Whatever true love to him may be. He has a list of what he wants in this person just like most people do. We can't fault him for it or pass it off as fantasy. He knows what he needs, he knows what he wants and if he feels it is obtainable then we are not to say that it isn't. We don't even know what's on his list. But lately, it seems like he's been checking some of those things off.

If he's starting to check off some of those qualities in someone that he has his eye on, then we have to step back and let him. Some songs are just songs, but some songs mean something to him.

There are some things that he mentions often in his songs and I think those are the things that matter to him. He wants someone to touch his soul without hurting it. If he loves deeply, he will also hurt deeply. That's probably why he tries to refrain from giving his heart to anyone.

But at the same time, he's got to take that chance or a life of living lonely will not end. Those tears that were flowing were not due to some fantasy. They were flowing due to something that he was lacking in his life. He's never been the type to beat around the bush when it comes to something that he wants.

Ok, I've got your point. I guess some women had these qualities like Liz Taylor, only the age didn't quite fit. I guess it's difficult to find those qualities in person nowadays as it seems the older generation of our grandma's and grandpa's had it and now they are mostly lost as modern morals of the modern generation, views and attitudes got so much different. I was thinking of the present celebrities who are single that might fit MJ and noone gets into my mind. I guess he is searching for someone who is in behavior and attitudes is somehow old-fashioned and rare, I was touched with the speech of Liz when she introduced him at some event, he needs to find some unique creative person like Liz or Diana and everything will be ok. For the case that MJ comes here... Michael, just follow your dreams or goals and do not settle for less being disattracted with the endless number of women that want you but do not really understand you or are not like you. Then all the fans will be happy for you.

I’m basing it on my own observation from being a fan for close to 40 years. I watched him grow up while I myself was growing up. My family have every album from the start of his career. I'm talking about music on vinyl. We never missed him when he was on television—saw all the Variety Shows, TV specials, special television guest appearances. The time that he was a guest on the Dating Game—that many are now watching on YouTube these days—I remember actually seeing it when it aired. When The Wiz originally came out I saw it at a movie theater. A group of teachers took us on a field trip to see it. The night that he first did the moon walk, I was watching Motown 25. Everybody was talking about it at school the next day. And of course I saw all of his videos when they premiered.

I’ve had a chance to see him on stage, as well as off stage. I saw him while he was with his brothers several hours before concert time. They were staying at a hotel where one of my relatives worked. She called me and told me what time they were arriving. I got a chance to go to the concert that night because their road manager gave her a pair of tickets. She gave them to me.

I got a chance to see him in person again when he came back by himself to promote his album. This is when I got a chance to see him using his decoy so he can slip indoors to start his autograph signing session. It almost felt like a magic trick because they do it so quickly. When some of the fans got out of line to run up to the decoy, he was already inside the building.

I’ve had a chance to see him as MJ the superstar, MJ the warm and friendly; MJ the very caring and trusting; and MJ the extremely shy—all in person with my own eyes. I’ve actually heard him speak in that whisper that people write about. He was speaking that way while he was talking to me. I was barely able to hear him.

When you read lyrics where he says he doesn't know what to say, he truly means that. He doesn't know what to say. He will sit in total silence if you don't take the lead and talk to him first.

I’ve been pretty lucky and it's been a pretty amazing ride. I never expected to see him from so many different angles. You'd be surprised to find out how sweet and down to earth he is. He is truly sweet and down to earth. He's very nice.

I was never the type that covered my walls with pictures of him or that bought every magazine that had him on the cover. The only picture I placed on my wall was the one he signed. I didn't even ask him for it. It was just given to me and I've kept it ever since. I haven't read any books about him. Watching him for so long, listening to him over the years and meeting him a few times has given me a good sense of what type of person he is. He's cool.

During the above time period he was always upbeat. It wasn't until his path crossed with the Chandlers that he started slowly slipping into a depression.

The main reason why I've been buying all of his latest music is not just because I love having it, but also because I've been trying to get a feel of when he was starting to bounce back. When you've had a chance to watch him most of his life and listen to him, you can pretty much tell when he's happy and when he's not.

It just doesn't seem like something he would do. He's never been the type to settle into a routine when it comes to his music. He always switches things up so you don't know what's coming. If he were to keep singing songs that are only about her, it would become repetitive. Plus, it seems like he would move on to other things if he's actually with her. He's never put out a song like "Beautiful Girl." I've never heard him sound like that before. It was so obvious that he was in love when he did it. I'm just happy to see him happy and waiting to see what he'll do next.

One other thing. The way that I found out that he is very spiritual is from feeling his aura for myself. It is very strong. You feel it before you even see him. It's even stronger when you're next to him. Only someone that is very spiritual and in tune will have that, but I've never felt it come from anyone as strongly as it comes from MJ.

I can so relate to all from your post Allfor. I just never was lucky enough to meet the man in person..but I have grown up with him too. I have seen him go from a precocious and very talented young child to a handsome young man....and I have seen all of his growing as I grew. It is so great to see him out of that depression. I know what you are talking about. I have seen it too...

That is truly the most wonderful part of all.:yes:

Thanks for sharing your story AllforMJ. It was a great read and I feel you and Linda on growing up with the Jacksons. I feel blessed to have been a child along with MJ, adolescent, young adult, etc. Its been a great time to have been on earth in this age and I thank God for the blessing.

About the Who Is It video, way I see it, we have to remember the story was a fan created winner submitted for a contest for coming up with the most original, dramatic story, keeping in mind that contrary to what's been pointed out about "this woman's" value of money etc. from analyzing the music thus far, the primary point of the story in the Who Is It short film was a woman "SOLD OUT" - SOLD HER SOUL in fact. The other people in the video were doing what those types of people do - but the woman herself sold her SELF. She did that. She was not kidnapped or held at gun point. She was free to escape which she did - and RETURNED to sell her self some more.

Her "selling" of her SELF was what the story was about.

I feel it would be a mistake to focus too much on short films in this little 'hunt' we've got here and stick primarily with the music unless it is to acknowledge something obvious, is all I'm really saying :lol:

The other thing is the story in the video didn't mirror the song's lyrics. People don't notice that because of the dramatic value in the short film. The lyrics are saying its got to be somebody else, or why would she have left? A question many people ask when they've been suddenly left without anticipation of things ending, or any warning (everyone asks, who is it).

Similiar in a way to how the Billie Jean video didn't mirror the action in the song. I feel it would be a danger of getting off topic if we try and rely on videos for reference, again unless its to point out something that is not a matter of interpretation, but rather, only a matter of fact.

I said that to say that it seems to me that a big part of collecting "clues" is sifting through the drama for drama's sake because MJ is the KOD (king of drama lol) as much as being the king of so many other things - INCLUDING pop! :lol:

just a reminder :flowers:

After the 'sifter' is shaken and then shaken again, and again, what are we left with.

That (to me) is the question.

Last edited:
I can so relate to all from your post Allfor. I just never was lucky enough to meet the man in person..but I have grown up with him too. I have seen him go from a precocious and very talented young child to a handsome young man....and I have seen all of his growing as I grew. It is so great to see him out of that depression. I know what you are talking about. I have seen it too...
Yes, I remember you saying that, Linda. It really is great to see him out of it, isn't it?

After giving his all for so many years and then going through public humiliation on a global scale the way that he did, it had to be excruciating as well as heartbreaking for him. He did not deserve to suffer like that. That’s what that lying, weight-swinging, deadbeat dad Evan Chandler deserved. Thank God MJ finally had a chance to fight back and hung in there until he won.

I said that to say that it seems to me that a big part of collecting "clues" is sifting through the drama for drama's sake because MJ is the KOD (king of drama lol) as much as being the king of so many other things - INCLUDING pop! :lol:

just a reminder :flowers:

After the 'sifter' is shaken and then shaken again, and again, what are we left with.

That (to me) is the question.
So far, we are left with someone that has come out the other side of the filter purified, stronger and wiser from many lessons learned. One of the best things that he's found out is that God does answer prayer and will come to your aid in great times of need when you trust Him with all your heart, mind and soul. He's also found out that love will strengthen a person from within when it's real.

Love in it's real form will also cause a professional recording artist such as himself to serenade for all to hear. Woo-hoo!

Soooo, the love story continues as the mystery unfolds...

Man I can't wait to hear his album! It's gonna be gooooood!

Also, all the lessons learned were not for him alone. Some were for him, some were for those that love him and some were for those that have been mistreating him.

There was something in it for everybody near and far.

Last edited:
I feel like I am too intrusive saying that I saw the depression, it was just so clear to me...especially during the MSG concert. I think he sometimes shows his heart on his sleeve. He is so sensitive....and I'd hate to have him get mad at us for speculating like this. I just stated what I observed. And I observe happiness now. And for that, I am glad.

^^ yes i agree on that he is very sensitive :yes:... I am glad too that he is showing happiness!!!

Michael Is a Beautiful man that goes way beyond the exterior,with a smile that can lighten the darkest day ... I love he has Internal depth a deepness that touch's one's core... I love his thinking mind full of fruitfull Knowledge and Idea's *sighing*
And his witty humor ( sometimes un-beknowest to him ) keeps you chuckling In happy stitche's !!

* please forgive my off topicness * I felt compelled ...

Michael Is a Beautiful man that goes way beyond the exterior,with a smile that can lighten the darkest day ... I love he has Internal depth a deepness that touch's one's core... I love his thinking mind full of fruitfull Knowledge and Idea's *sighing*
And his witty humor ( sometimes un-beknowest to him ) keeps you chuckling In happy stitche's !!

* please forgive my off topicness * I felt compelled ...

this is a completely beautiful expressed post :wub: the wording moves me .,
in fact they all are lovely posts .
this is the thread i love the most :yes:
i too , am glad to see that michael seems to be happy .

Last edited:
I feel like I am too intrusive saying that I saw the depression, it was just so clear to me...especially during the MSG concert. I think he sometimes shows his heart on his sleeve. He is so sensitive....and I'd hate to have him get mad at us for speculating like this. I just stated what I observed. And I observe happiness now. And for that, I am glad.
Under regular circumstances, it isn't uncommon to feel like maybe you're intruding by saying you could tell someone is or was depressed, but we're talking about MJ. He is someone that grew up under a camera lense. He's been around many of us most of our lives. It's kind of hard to not notice. Also, to ignore this is almost like ignoring it while signs of it are coming from a family member.

Michael has been in our lives pratically every step of the way and for those that were actually babies born into the Michael Jackson era, he actually has been a part of their lives every step of the way. There are some fans on this very board that can look back at their lives from when they were toddlers and say they can't remember a time where Michael Jackson was not around.

And then there is this to keep in mind...

Michael himself has not been the type of person that ignores those going through pain and suffering. He's always been the type to lend a helping hand whenever he felt that he was able to do so. That's how he became a humanitarian.

He's a very attentive person and it's never mattered to him if he actually knew the people or not. He's been the type to just jump in there and offer his help. Sometimes...a lot of times...people didn't even know it was him that was helping them because he was doing it without making an announcement.

I think we are just returning the kindness and the caring by offering him our moral support. Why ignore his pain when he hasn't been the type to ignore the pain of others?

When he starts singing lines like, "When I'm with you I'm in the light where I cannot be found" it's time to start paying attention, not turning away. I don't think we're being intrusive. I think we are being attentive. We're just showing that we actually care about how he feels.

Last edited:
When he starts singing lines like, "When I'm with you I'm in the light where I cannot be found" it's time to start paying attention, not turning away. I don't think we're being intrusive. I think we are being attentive. We're just showing that we actually care about how he feels.

:yes: right on!!!:clap:

Last edited:
Michael Jackson is a natural born sweetie. He cannot fake that for a period of 50 years. A person can't touch the lives and souls of others in a loving and positive way if they have a dark heart. It will not work.

Look at the love that he put into Neverland. You can feel the beauty of Neverland just by looking at it in photos. A person that has a dark heart cannot create a place like that. A person that has a dark heart is going to create a place that will drain the energy of everyone that enters it. When people go to Neverland they leave revived.

It is Michael's spirit that was filling Neverland and bringing it to life. When he's not around people can tell. That entire county can tell he is gone even though Neverland is still there. Right now, it's like Neverland is sleeping and waiting for him to return and wake it up. In addition to this, the citizens of that county miss him. No one in their right mind would miss a person that has a dark heart and this is another way of knowing that Michael doesn't.

Back