Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

If he hasn't found love yet,He's still looking.Sometimes songs will give you a clue and sometimes not like in the songs "One More Chance" His version from the Number 1's album ," The Way You Love Me" and "You Rock My World" and "You are my life"," I Can't Let Her Get Away", "Will You Be There" "but who knows until he is seen with this person.There were a couple of events that where he was seen in the Dark, Maybe he saw the person and then the person was never seen again until there is a chance meeting somewhere.Maybe he's reaching out to this person. I was at one event years ago but I ain't saying it's me or could it be ? I won't know that until we meet face to face this time instead of afar. LOL
You say it's only in my dreams,Don't be so sure. LoL

Lots of sense. Maybe (if we are to take AllforMJ's interpretation of it to be true) he did find her, like what was said, but maybe they aren't together. Maybe this is a song asking for them to be together and that life will be better for them both once they are together. Maybe they both fought the love they felt and so they didn't get together and both were miserable apart from each other and they just need to stop fighting it and give it a chance. As scary as giving a chance at love is, it is so much worse alone and apart from the one you love. Once they were together they really could see that if they just were there to give each other support and comfort that nothing could come between them...NOTHING. They take care of each others problems instead of trying to take care of their own alone. Beautiful.

On another level this song could be about peace as well for more than just the two of them. Woooooohooooooo (oh I just heard that in the song and wow... shivers. I love it)

Cool! I am glad to be understood. So, what I am concluding now based upon your thoughts is that if I were to follow AllForMJ’s interpretation it should be apparent to me that he knows who she is but, they are not physically together at this time. Also, as you mentioned, Ape, this song is a request for their togetherness and their joy will heightened once they are in each other’s presence because they could freely express their feelings which they held back, originally, for whatever reason/s. Finally, this time around there won’t be “ANYTHING” or “ANYONE” to pull them apart. They are going to be just fine! Wow, that is lovely, Ape! Thanks a lot!!!

Oh, you too getting shivers hearing him sing, Woooooohooooooo?:yes: In addition, I can feel his spit from the letter “t” when he sings “If you jusssT”…:hysterical:

AllforMJ I wondered something. Is it not a sort of dangerous way of doing things (if this is how you see it, I may have misunderstood..and if it is in fact what he is doing) for him to be singing to "someone" out there but not being clear to her, and not being clear in the songs that it is to a particular person? By being vague about who it is directed to or IF it is directed to someone, doesn't it make many women wonder about it being them he is talking to or about? I am sure he has met many many women in his life and maybe even got close to quite a few either as a friend or dating. "I just can't stop loving you" would probably make any of those women wonder if he means her, wouldn't it? Of course they wouldn't want to presume, I am sure, but they might wonder, as someone in this thread had admitted to (quite bravely I might add) already.

Does it seem to you that the wait for this album is any different than any of the other ones? I have never been a fan of anyone before and I wasn't around for any of the other album releases to know how it gets but does it seem the expectancies and hopes from the fans are any different this time around?

I also get the feeling you have someone in mind you think it is directed to. No one needs to know who but I wondered if I am correct in that assumption.

Thank you for your insight. :flowers: These were just some things I was thinking about.

It's good that he was singing and releasing love songs and openly expressing his feelings. Because he did that, we can now look back and see what was on his mind in '04. In the midst of all the turmoil, love was on his mind. It still is. Love is what makes him who he is. Women can see this in him. It's always been that way, and will always be that way, because he is a genuine loving person.

He'll make it clear as to who it's directed to. That's for him to do.

It's deep because Michael is deep. He's so many things. It's kinda hard to have discussions about him and leave out love and spirituality and how it aligns itself with his music.

His children are his love...

So yes he found it in that way.

Yes that makes sense AllforMJ. Thank you for your reply.

So....who wants to do some more lyric interpretation? :wild: ??

Do you also think there is a bigger purpose to them coming together than just for each other? The holding hands (or reaching out), and finding someone in the dark, and can't stop loving her are not the only common threads throughout his songs.

Oh here is something interesting I just thought of.
In the past the songs were about reaching out and someone reach your hand out, and waiting to be found and searching.
This one is not about reaching anymore or searching anymore, he is asking her to hold his hand. The search seems to be over. Now it is a matter of coming together. They are better off together. Whether he wrote the song or not, he is singing it. He wouldn't sing about something he doesn't believe in. Not in his nature.

Do you also think there is a bigger purpose to them coming together than just for each other? The holding hands (or reaching out), and finding someone in the dark, and can't stop loving her are not the only common threads throughout his songs.

In the past the songs were about reaching out and someone reach your hand out, and waiting to be found and searching.
This one is not about reaching anymore or searching anymore, he is asking her to hold his hand. The search seems to be over. Now it is a matter of coming together. They are better off together. Whether he wrote the song or not, he is singing it. He wouldn't sing about something he doesn't believe in. Not in his nature.

I wouldn't dare to try..ahh!!you guys are good at these things :)

Got the tears flowin', huh you guys? He went through a lot, but he was holding on. Everything he was doing shows how much he was holding on.

This one is not about reaching anymore or searching anymore, he is asking her to hold his hand. The search seems to be over. Now it is a matter of coming together. They are better off together.
Whether he wrote the song or not, he is singing it. He wouldn't sing about something he doesn't believe in. Not in his nature.
Good point, Ape!

Also, when "One More Chance" came out he was saying, "If you see her, tell her this for me" as if he wanted someone else to tell her...for him...that he needed one more chance at love. But then by the time he got to the end of the song, he started saying, "I can't stop lovin' you."

Now, he's cut out the middle man and is saying directly to her...at the beginning of the song..."So tell me, what we're waiting for?"

He's got her under the microscope too. Notice there's a line that says, "I can tell that you're tired of being lonely."

I loved that line. Right there (if it's his feelings and not Akons ..lol) you can tell how much he cares about her. He pays attention to her and can see (whether she is hiding it or not) and he knows her so well that he can see when she is feeling lonely and lets her know that he will make it better, and not only that but he will do all he can to make it better. No more loneliness for either of them :) .

So if he is asking her to tell him what they are waiting for, she must know by now it is her? Just trying some deductive reasoning. :p

There is no doubt this woman know these songs are about her. They are in this together and have been for a very long time. This relationship has gone through many cycles, ups and downs. They have been together, apart for whatever the reason then found eachother again. The recent songs he has released or taken part in make this very apparent. They are very much together now.
Also, The phrase, "hold my hand" isn't just about the physical act of touching ones hand. To hold ones hand is to take ones hand and to "Take" the hand of the one you love is to take it in holy matrimony. Marriage is what is ultimately on Michael's mind and he knows specifically with whom.

There is no doubt this woman know these songs are about her. They are in this together and have been for a very long time. This relationship has gone through many cycles, ups and downs. They have been together, apart for whatever the reason then found eachother again. The recent songs he has released or taken part in make this very apparent. They are very much together now.
Also, The phrase, "hold my hand" isn't just about the physical act of touching ones hand. To hold ones hand is to take ones hand and to "Take" the hand of the one you love is to take it in holy matrimony. Marriage is what is ultimately on Michael's mind and he knows specifically with whom.

Interesting that you mention marriage. I was actually thinking while listening to "Hold my Hand" that it would be the perfect song to walk down the isle to. Perfect. I imagine that it is going to be used for that by some people. Listen to the start of it. You can practically feel the love and heart flutters of a bride walking down towards her true love, only him in her sights. His eyes on hers through the veil. It's beautiful isn't it?

Interesting that you mention marriage. I was actually thinking while listening to "Hold my Hand" that it would be the perfect song to walk down the isle to. Perfect. I imagine that it is going to be used for that by some people. Listen to the start of it. You can practically feel the love and heart flutters of a bride walking down towards her true love, only him in her sights. His eyes on hers through the veil. It's beautiful isn't it?

I was thinking the same thing as well :).. yes its beautiful!!!

Do you all think this is something he doesn't mind people speculating on then? If it actually could be about what we are talking about could it be something he would want quiet since it was a leaked song. Maybe that was the reason for the song and maybe this wasn't supposed to be for fans to hear... or at least for the world to hear yet? Maybe it is fine though since we all would be thrilled to see him happy with someone :) and this thread just shows that.

Yes, Ape, I love the opening music of the song. It is a slow, sweet and romantic build up of something very permanent and solid.
I believe MJ won't mind one bit about us figuring this out. He knows we pay attention, lol.

In "Fall Again" he had said, "It feels like a fire that burns in my heart every single moment that we spend apart." He also said, "All this time away is killing me inside."

In "Hold My Hand" he's asking her, "What are they waiting for?" He's saying they are going to be okay together because they already know what to do when it gets dark and cold. They've done it. And he's saying they've been through things separately, but that they can fix that. He's also saying she doesn't have to be lonely anymore because she can have him. He wants to be her man. He's letting her know that no one will be able to take him from her, or her from him.

^ Michael’s angel :angel: has spoken! Every time I read your thoughts you remind me of the fact that music is Michael, Michael is music. In other words, Michael and his music are one. So, if we understand the message that he shares through music then, we are getting to know him better as a person. Your topic is a wonderful thing! I am a huge fan of yours, AllForMJ, so if you hear someone chasing behind you and screaming, it will be mwah, wanting an autograph.

Honestly, I believe we are all on track in discussing this topic and please, please, PLEASE, everyone KEEP IT COMING!!! We cannot afford to stop relating our ideas because I feel that we are headed for a surprising finale regarding him and his lady friend. What do you think?

Last but not least, MJbabe21, thanks for the compliment regarding my post. I am sure that I am not the only one who wishes to hear your brilliant views. So, please share.

[FONT=border=]Kisses and hugs to ALL of you! MJ really does have the best fans in the world who are one big loving family! :wub:
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back