Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

^ Michael’s angel :angel: has spoken! Every time I read your thoughts you remind me of the fact that music is Michael, Michael is music. In other words, Michael and his music are one. So, if we understand the message that he shares through music then, we are getting to know him better as a person. Your topic is a wonderful thing! I am a huge fan of yours, AllForMJ, so if you hear someone chasing behind you and screaming, it will be mwah, wanting an autograph.

Honestly, I believe we are all on track in discussing this topic and please, please, PLEASE, everyone KEEP IT COMING!!! We cannot afford to stop relating our ideas because I feel that we are headed for a surprising finale regarding him and his lady friend. What do you think?

From the 5-page post on page 1 of this thread about the "Number Ones" CD:

The song at the end of the CD should have been the first song listed. And notice that it followed "One More Chance." The last song listed is “Ben,” and it’s the version where he’s singing in his mature voice, not his kid voice.

Although "Ben" was originally about a pet, it is the only song on the CD that says, "I used to say, I and me, now it's us, now it's we."

First two verses of "Hold My Hand"

This life don't last forever
(Hold my hand)
So tell me what we're waitin' for
(Hold my hand)
We're better off being together
(Hold my hand)
Than being miserable alone
(Hold my hand)

'Cause I've been there before
And you've been there before
But together we can be all right
'Cause when it gets dark
And when it gets cold
We hold each other till we see the sunlight

Although he mentions the dark and cold in "Hold My Hand," he's not singing about it in a way that makes it seem like it's still unbearable for him. He's found a way to withstand it. He holds her as she's holding him.

In the song "The Way You Love Me" he said, "I like the way how you're holding me." Now in "Hold My Hand" he's revealing that he's holding her too. It's in the last line of the second verse.

How affectionate...

Last edited:
Although he mentions the dark and cold in "Hold My Hand," he's not singing about it in a way that makes it seem like it's still unbearable for him. He's found a way to withstand it. He holds her as she's holding him..

I feel the most wonderful thing is that this is such a happy sounding song, and has such a wonderful sense of hopefulness, almost like an 'invitation' to love :wub:

In keeping with the theme of the topic, its interesting that the spirit of the lyrics, "the nights are getting darker and there's no peace inside" are not referring to a mood or state of mind but rather, time passing without eachother. I find that very sweet :wub:
...and its in keeping with the thought in the lyrics which say, "better off being together, than being miserable alone" the word 'miserable' is again, not an indication of a state of being but rather, an indication of that constant 'agitation' of incompleteness, whereas, two hands interlaced, is completion of two 'parts' making a whole and whereupon 'things will get better' or be better for both.

The song at the end of the CD should have been the first song listed. And notice that it followed "One More Chance." The last song listed is “Ben,” and it’s the version where he’s singing in his mature voice, not his kid voice

:giggle: what an amazing observation and very significant I'm quite sure :yes:
would seem so anyway :brow:

I hate to be the one to remind us though, HMH is Akon's song :giggle: it hard not to miss how much MJ stands out in it though

and this is so much fun

Last edited:
AllforMJ your observation of the adult version of "Ben" and its lyrics remind me of the original poem by Michael, "I YOU WE' from dancing the dream (1992). Same love, same woman.
Also, I believe Michael, literally "willed", her back to him. Proof? He himself sing about it in "Butterflies". He sings:" but I can will you back to me", right before the verse," I caress you let you taste us, just so blissful, I will give you anything baby, just make my dreams come true". You have to listen very closely to hear the "WILL", word. Had it not been pointed out to me, I would have never heard it.
Michael wanted her back in his life, right before the storm would come he knew he needed her back and he knew what to set into motion to make that a reality.
This is a profound and deep spiritually connected union between two people. Now that he has her back, he is not going to let her get away this time. How I know this? He made that clear in many songs through the years.
From memory: "will you be there"- he sings, "I'll never let you part, for you are always in my heart".
"you are not alone"-the endning, he sings, "you are always in my heart".
"can't let her get away", adlib at very end, he sings-"get her back".
"break of dawn", he sings, "I'll never let you go".
God must have blessed this union a long time ago. A new Michael will emerge because of it.

This life don't last forever
So tell me what we're waiting for?
We're better off being together,
Than being miserable alone.

I can relate:yes:...........

i feel the lyrics, i feel the whole song!

after recently listening to all these songs you've mentioned i do agree

AllforMJ your observation of the adult version of "Ben" and its lyrics remind me of the original poem by Michael, "I YOU WE' from dancing the dream (1992). Same love, same woman.
Also, I believe Michael, literally "willed", her back to him. Proof? He himself sing about it in "Butterflies". He sings:" but I can will you back to me", right before the verse," I caress you let you taste us, just so blissful, I will give you anything baby, just make my dreams come true". You have to listen very closely to hear the "WILL", word. Had it not been pointed out to me, I would have never heard it.
Michael wanted her back in his life, right before the storm would come he knew he needed her back and he knew what to set into motion to make that a reality.
This is a profound and deep spiritually connected union between two people. Now that he has her back, he is not going to let her get away this time. How I know this? He made that clear in many songs through the years.
From memory: "will you be there"- he sings, "I'll never let you part, for you are always in my heart".
God must have blessed this union a long time ago. A new Michael will emerge because of it.

except there is one lyric i hear differently,

"but I can will you back to me"
sorry i hear a different lyric there, where he has said, "you're not here with me" - then i hear, "see but i can feel you near to me" then goes on to talk about the 'feeling' , i caress and ...

your point is still very well taken because i do agree with what you're saying, even based on this lyric i have pointed out as well

...two hands interlaced, is completion of two 'parts' making a whole...

AllforMJ your observation of the adult version of "Ben" and its lyrics remind me of the original poem by Michael, "I YOU WE'
What the two of you are saying goes straight to this verse in "One More Chance."

Searchin' for that one who's gonna make me whole
Help me make these mysteries unfold

Excerpt from "I You We"

How I love this mystery called We! Where does it come from, out of thin air? I thought about this mystery, and I realized something : We must be love's favorite child, because until I reach out for you, We is not even there.

And again, the song "Ben" follows the song "One More Chance" on the "Number Ones" CD.

Last edited:
Actually, I believe, AllforMJ, the lyrics there are:

Searchin' for that one who's gonna make me hold.
Help me make these mysteries unfold.

Hold rhymes with unfold, you see, and this song speaks of the storm hitting him; and the word "hold" is meaning: to keep standing strong in the storm. She will be his anchor that will help him hold.
Hmmmm. Okay. That makes sense.
:yes:

:brow:

sorry i still go with the original "whole" and i believe in songs; "sound-alikes" are more important than exact rhymes...at any rate...6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other

as for Butterflies, I hear the exact lyrics being, "can't be real - you're not here with me - see - but I can feel you near to me"

as for the end of Can't Let Her Get Away, he sounds angry and even though he sings, "can't let go" in the chorus throughout the song, and even though he repeatedly says, "i can't let her get away" and he says, "i'll never let her be",

it also to me does not sound at the end like he's saying 'get her back' - i hesistate to say what i think he's saying lol but let me put it this way, he's very angry and it sounds to me like something said in anger just like the other couple of times he cusses in this song.

Last edited:
^ :lol: why suuuure! and as AllforMJ said, it makes sense and I'll 'give you' that he does repeat the phrase 'hold on' so...maybe therein lies the answer

*ding ding* !

and the winner IS!!

the queen of all geeeeeeeees :D

(i'm embarrased anyway cause u know i said i wasn't going to get addicted to this topic ... thank God for long weekends :lol: )

i think every idea in here is great and I want to like to tell what i think...I think Michael did and does mean it spiritually. He loves someone ( imaginary) but first of all does not know her...but after years and in the time 1998-1999 something must have happened in his life..cause after this time he divorced and than he released an album than in 2003 he released one more chance...pls correct me if I m wrong but beautiful girl was written in 1998-99.so maybe that was the reason for his divorce. maybe he saw a lady somewhere and fell in love with her but he never told her this. Its somekind of platonic love..but he kept an eye on her..maybe this girl married in that time and divorced..and he still had an eye on her. and he thinks she is the right one.. I still believe this lady does not know that michael loves her. all those songs are spiritually , there is no real touch and relationship..it coulld be that this lady loves him too( maybe a michael jackson fan :)) but dont know that he is interested on her. maybe he wants to reveal his love .who knows.thats what i think...

huggs cleo

Last edited:
We are definately on the right track. I'll need to clean out my ears and improve my memory or better yet, relisten to, "butterflies", lol. I think he only say the word "will" one time in the entire song. I do however know he sings, "i can feel you near to me". He repeats this line.
Something elese; in relation to the "hold my hand" theory. In, "You are not alone", Michael sings, "first I need you hand then forever will begin". He is already married but drawn to the lyrics(song written by R. Kelly) of a song about reassuring a lost love of his committment to her and wanting to join hands with her in order for the rest of his life to begin.
Think about that.

We are definately on the right track. I'll need to clean out my ears and improve my memory or better yet, relisten to, "butterflies", lol. I think he only say the word "will" one time in the entire song. I do however know he sings, "i can feel you near to me". He repeats this line.
Something elese; in relation to the "hold my hand" theory. In, "You are not alone", Michael sings, "first I need you hand then forever will begin". He is already married but drawn to the lyrics(song written by R. Kelly) of a song about reassuring a lost love of his committment to her and wanting to join hands with her in order for the rest of his life to begin.
Think about that.
That's true and reminds me of another 'hand' song, "whatever happens, don't let go of my hand" which could explain in part how it is that although he went through a couple of "so-called" (sorry lol) "marraiges" we all know that both were very 'unique' situations for him and that in either case it was a far cry from the spiritual union he sings about, thus possibly explaining doing it a zillion miles from his home turf without his family present, and wearing his ring on his right hand both times...

or not...just a theory :brow: but yeh, "what ever" happens, "don't let go of my hand" definitely comes to mind.

Last edited:
In the "Ultimate Collections" booklet, the recorded date for "Beautiful Girl" is 1998-2004. Looks like he started on it in '98 and then put it away. Then, in 2004 he decided to record some more and release it.

thank you queen g...i m not well in explaining.i mean he was 2 times married but still said he is alone and directed songs to someone. i mean he still felt alone cause in both marriages he did not found someone who made him whole. than apparently he talked about a beautiful girl...that was before 2001. he saw this lady and watched her and dreamed about her. and saw her sad in her marriage etc... that why he said he and she went trough hard times separetely..now he is sure that she probably loves him too...that why he is singing hold my hand... like believe me and everything will be fine...

hugggs

The timing of these conversations is interesting to me....did no one feel these songs were directed to anyone before? :brow: I've never heard these discussions brought up before...many of these songs discussed have been out for years

how about anyone else...ever heard of all this song analysis before now?

Last edited:
queen, It was God's intervening that lead Michael to, "will', her back to him in the first place. Michael must've looked to God for guidance and direction long before he set things in motion. You can do very little in life without prayer and believing. Michael knows this. He knows about the power of God. His written/composed songs about the Earth and World Plight tells us this about him.

state of shock its interesting to me too. maybe the time is right that michael gets his true love thats why we are discussing it...i guess many people thought this before but left it unspoken...

one thing more. if he would know this person before why wouldnt he married her. he wouldnt wait that long...she must had something in her life why he cant get her so easly...

:)

Nice Insight :clap: woooo I love reading thes. you guys really do a good job at these :clap!!!!:)

stateofshock, this analysis has been done before but I don't believe with so much depth. I remember it being done many times in the sony chatroom years ago.
Cleo, I do feel, during the first stage of this relationship (remember there are different stages and with a long history, or at least thats our theory), marriage and committment was going to be a major facture but something happened, causing them to be apart which is why we heard so many songs from Michael of him yearning and longing to be with the one he loved. He often sang about not being able to touch her, so many of his songs have this theme to reoccur. What ever happened between them, they were apart for a while but Michael couldn't forget what was in his heart. Not only was she forever in his heart, she apparently holds it.

stateofshock, this analysis has been done before but I don't believe with so much depth. I remember it being done many times in the sony chatroom years ago.
Cleo, I do feel, during the first stage of this relationship (remember there are different stages and with a long history, or at least thats our theory), marriage and committment was going to be a major facture but something happened, causing them to be apart which is why we heard so many songs from Michael of him yearning and longing to be with the one he loved. He often sang about not being able to touch her, so many of his songs have this theme to reoccur. What ever happened between them, they were apart for a while but Michael couldn't forget what was in his heart. Not only was she forever in his heart, she apparently holds it.

^^ this is gonna sound stupid, IDK if you can actually answer my question, or if it wrong to even ask this :blush: here it goes, umm well do you think MJ and this lady known each other before, but then they went their seperate ways???

You all do know some of these songs were written by other people? It was those songwriters emotions and feelings that Michael brought to life. Not saying he doesn't have these feelings but analyzing them as if they came from within him I don't see as being the correct analysis. He puts the emotions into them when he sings them but the words are someone elses. Just as an actor gets a script written by someone else, they in turn bring that persons script to life. Oh well, that just my take on it.:)

Romance is beautiful and I hope he does find his one true love. It's something we all should be so lucky enough to experience once in our life.:)

Back