Discarded 'Thriller 2001' artwork

I'll upload if I can find them. I know I have saved them somewhere.

2ee56ed63d17a0e54f43445251fb6dea.jpg

^ this picture was printed on the booklets front cover; replacing the original while keeping the iconic "Michael Jackson" & "Thriller" font.
Ooooooooh HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT THAT COVER

Changing any album's artwork for a special edition release is unnecessary. Shame that they changed Off the Wall's cover to MJ's feet; glad the 35th anniversary edition changed it back.

I'll upload if I can find them. I know I have saved them somewhere.

2ee56ed63d17a0e54f43445251fb6dea.jpg

^ this picture was printed on the booklets front cover; replacing the original while keeping the iconic "Michael Jackson" & "Thriller" font.
f1a65bf334685c1dbd563453044f9505_xl.jpg

Changing any album's artwork for a special edition release is unnecessary. Shame that they changed Off the Wall's cover to MJ's feet; glad the 35th anniversary edition changed it back.
To be fair the "feet" cover was already a thing back with the original 80s and 90s CD releases for the album, it was an alternate cover

To be fair the "feet" cover was already a thing back with the original 80s and 90s CD releases for the album, it was an alternate cover
And it was an awesome cover. I didn't even know what MJ looked like before he died, but I knew his white socks and loafers, thanks to this cover, and HIStory Begins.

I'm pretty the feet was only the back cover of the original CD release lol

It was but it's kinda obvious MJ was self conscious facially
No, it wasn't just the back cover, don't spread mis info, either of you.

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/4548354-Michael-Jackson-Off-The-Wall
That's my own copy for example, but there are quite a few more.
By the way, if you try to pull the "yeah but i said original CD release duh" there's a reason of why i said "80s AND 90s" og CD releases, as a way to say "all CDs that came before Special Edition."

Don't try to outnerd me lmao

No, it wasn't just the back cover, don't spread mis info, either of you.

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/4548354-Michael-Jackson-Off-The-Wall
That's my own copy for example, but there are quite a few more.
By the way, if you try to pull the "yeah but i said original CD release duh" there's a reason of why i said "80s AND 90s" og CD releases, as a way to say "all CDs that came before Special Edition."

Don't try to outnerd me lmao
Bro don't question me in front of Spaceship. I will fight all of you. I hate it here.

The cancellation of Dangerous disc 2 was Michael's idea. He didn't want the fans to have to spend the extra money to buy a double.
Not really. The first scheduled tracklists of the entire four SEs were withdrawn.

The cancellation of Dangerous disc 2 was Michael's idea. He didn't want the fans to have to spend the extra money to buy a double.
That cancellation was Sony's idea, not Michael Jackson's idea.

The record company thought that a 2 disc-set of the 'Dangerous' (Special Edition) album would not be commercially successful, as confirmed by Matt Forger:

"When the ['Dangerous'] album came out [in 1991], I think it was 74 minutes which was maximum capacity for a CD. It wasn't physically possible to include bonuses without a second CD and I believe it was a commercial decision taken by the record company not to go down the route of a second disc. But we had reviewed material in case we were given the go ahead" (Matt Forger)

Cool booklet but almost all of the pictures were shot after Thriller. Would've been cool to just use an alternate shot from the original photoshoot

Back