Do You Guys Think MJ Was Truly Happy?

^^^^ i totally agree.... i think 93 was the start!

to have the something you truly cared about (children well being) and have that be used against you to ridicule you and call you all sorts of names. truly sad and for me unforgivable.

i am sure if was very difficult for mj. but i don't think even in the end, he was "defeated"..... i think in a few years we will all know the truth. right now there is so much speculation that it is hard to find out what is the truth and what is rumor.

michael suffered a lot... but i refuse to believe he ever let life or haters defeat him.

i truly believe he had a lifetime of happiness .... no matter what he had a saint for a mother, wonderful kids, family, a few loyal and undeniable Friends, met all his idols and blew them away with his personality and talent, traveled the world, gave his all,
there were things missing.... but ..... also.... he was loved. he was loved by all of us.

hands down, there isn't another fan based that had the passion that we do for michael, that loved him unconditionally, that supported and believed in him, that prayed constantly for him.

life for him wasn't perfect, it isn't perfect for any of us. i think he dealt with life as best he could. i have faith.... that in a world full of hate... he stayed true to his core foundation.. LOVE. he killed his haters with kindness... loved life to the fullest, left a lifetime of wonderful memories. when we are dust and our days are gone he will still be here.... his love will continue to shine in this dark dark world.

I think Michael tried to make the best out of what he could.
He had to put up with a load of crap. It takes a strong person to put w/ everything he did. I applaud his strength.
I hope he was happy in the end.

i agree with what you said Heartbreak and with what others have said. He was never the same after the 93 bullshit. i look at his pictures or his videos after that and there is such sadness in his eyes, and it's heartbreaking cause he was such a wonderful soul. All he wanted to do was help others and heal the world. I just want to give him the biggest hug and tell him everything is going to be ok.. which no one can do that now :sad:. I'm sure he had moments of happiness, his kids and other moments, but i don't think he was truly happy. I know I couldn't be after all that he had to go through..

Or maybe EVERYONE can do that now? I know it depends on people's beliefs, but I personally think he can finally really, really feel all the love we have for him.

If we got the determination to prove our love for him, who is holding us back exactly? No one the only people is ourselves the longer we think it's too late.

If we show people he was the most important person we knew then do it!!

I believe his children brought him great joy. But because of all the madness and the lies that surrounded him, Michael wasn't really able to be happy anymore. After the trial, Michael didn't even look the same anymore. His eyes never had that twinkle anymore. I think he was happy about the upcoming tour. I think this really would have brought the old Michael back. Unfortunately, he never got the chance to redeem his career or reputation. That's why we fans have to work hard to make sure that Michael is honored in the correct way and his legacy lives on.

The saddest thing of all is I think after this tour would have been over and done with, he probably would have been much happier than he's been in recent years. I think these shows would have REALLY changed people's perception of him and show that his popularity really ISN'T fading which would have given him far more confidence and strength. That's the hardest thing for me to come to terms with. So much unfinished business that I think would have brought him greater joy in the years to come. Like that phone call he made to a morning show last year on his birthday (was it GMA?) where he said he truly believed the best was yet to come. I think he had so much he wanted to do and complete creatively, so many things he was in the process of putting together that I think would have brought him so much joy. He just started to get his career back on track after the Bahrain hiatus and all that. That's what makes his death at this point in time exceptionally difficult, I think.

That is exactly what I am finding hard to deal with,that this oppotunity was taken away from him.After all he has been through he couldn't even just have that moment to be on stage and feel the love of his fans once more :cry:

I think the time he spent with his children and having gotten rid of some of the major people who were a big pain in the backside in his life made him a happier person, and from the sounds of it despite the worries about his state of health and the fact he was sweating a lot on stage and losing more weight as a result and turning up to rehearsals late he was extremely excited not only about the show but the fact he still had a huge fanbase backing him up and looking forward to his comeback.

These past few years (say from 2006-2009) there are VERY FEW pictures of Michael without a smile on his face. I was amazed at how he could be so happy after going through so much turmoil with the trial but he really seemed to be. I also heard from a close friend of his that the last few years WERE the happiest years of his life because of his children.

No I dont think he was happy because of how people treated him
:cry:

(i will tell you something
how persons can treat you while show them that you care for others
and there is only so much pain one person can take )

as far i know michael personilty show he was hiding that fact he was hurt/sadness by
all the romours media persons made up
all michael wanted to do is his own thing
michael sure did his own thing its all writen in his songs that michael did
if you listen to michael's songs/music you can hear its has hiden massages
michael was happy on stage share his music tallent with his fans
but some persons mistunderstood what michael was trying to do or singing about ?
to make themself feel better made up romours that not true that also end up in the
media this kind of things can hurt a persons feelings for a long time
michael's childern made michael happy im sure he was a good father with them?
while michael was sad/anger at the media person michael show them
that can make yourself happy by giving your time or money to charties
by them media persons thought michael is misunderstood and made up new romours about things michael never did so they make themself better without thinking that hurt michael
michael was happpy the way he was black or white ?
the media person have no prove of that michael had his nose redone
they just made up story about his changing face colour that was not true that also hurt michael's feeling but michael did show how hurt he was he just made fun of himself or skin disoder by singing a song about himself black or white

never mind all that michael has been hell and back
but michael show persons how treat each other and was treated so bad for it all
i say michael was happy most of his alive but persons treat so bad and that what made him sad or misunderstood

next time michael vists me i will ask if he was happy alive?
and find out how happy michael is heaven watching our us

I think he MADE himself happy because of his children. but I think he was a broken man who'd already given up trying to put ALL the pieces back together. he did try to put SOME pieces together at the end though. I suspect he was coming out of his long funk... and his children were helping by just being there. so, I think he was happy when he was with them... but, no, I don't think he was the happy little Michael he once was back in the 70s and 80s. that time was long gone. his sleeplessness was a pointer to a deep sense of despair and betrayal, IMO, and it was always there... haunting him.

MJ was a lost troubled soul.....I really don't think he had been totally happy in his lifetime.....but there might be some stages in his life that he was somewhat happy like...during the off the wall era- his very first solo album that was accepted and he co-produced, 25th motown anniversary THRILLER era- he was truly recognized and honored as an artist, Marriage to LM, the birth of PRINCE 1 and his last few years with his kids.....and of course whenever he was performing on stage ........

MJ was a lost troubled soul.....I really don't think he had been totally happy in his lifetime.....but there might be some stages in his life that he was somewhat happy like...during the off the wall era- his very first solo album that was accepted and he co-produced, 25th motown anniversary THRILLER era- he was truly recognized and honored as an artist, Marriage to LM, the birth of PRINCE 1 and his last few years with his kids.....and of course whenever he was performing on stage ........

I agree with that. Iwould just add I think I felt a change sometime after the Bad tour, or when Dangerous came out. I don't know what it was, maybe moving to Neverland (maybe it made him more lonely, isolated him in a way), change of professional entourage, vitiligo getting worse, I really don't know.... But I noticed that in some appearances prior to the allegations he had a very sad look in his eyes. For example the Oprah interview at times, or the legends award ceremony with Janet (I'm not sure the exact name of the ceremony).

Then I noticed a change after the 93 allegations of course, precisely during the History tour, and interviews he made at that time. The look in his eyes had changed, still sad, but harder. Again I could be wrong, it's just a perception. I was not a great fan, so I would not follow up with his carreer, but I noticed that.

And when I watched LWMJ, I was shocked again by the sad look in his eyes.

As I said, I was not a great fan back then, so I was surprised to see the difference with the Thriller or Bad eras.

With the recent movie poster release, the pictures do portray Michael as being very happy, and looks a different person to what I had seen in the press / web. Maybe he found real happiness right at the end of his life and knew he was entering a new chapter in his career and to prove to the world that he was back, better than ever, its just so sad that he didn't get the chance to live those times.

I think his children would have made him so happy because he always said they were his life, he was so loved by his family and his kids and his friends and fans i hope that love was enough to make him happy!

It has been interesting reading this thread. We all have different perspectives for looking at Michael. My perspective - Michael's life was much like ours - with ups and downs. Unfortunately his made the news!!!!

I really wish someone would comfort me and make me feel better by assuring me that he did have reasons to be happy thru his life,but deep inside,i gave a negative answer to the qustion from the very beginning like many others who have shared their perceptions here.his eyes speak best,id say it hurts me everytime looking into those eyes,beautiful as ever,but clouded with more sorrow and weariness.i wish i had somewhat magic of healing to give a big big warm hug to him to freshen him up,have the sparkle back in the eyes and knowing i would never get the chance like no one would is one of the most frustrating thing in my life.

Back