Do you guys think more album deluxe editions are possible?

The MJJ Library

7even's HIStory Corner
So, I've noticed that since The Ultimate Collection isn't on streaming services, I wonder if they will use the exclusive content from TUC and release them on expanded album deluxe editions like they did with Sunset Driver and P.Y.T. Demo by putting them on Thriller 40. Though apparently Sony pushed the Estate to do Thriller 40 so this could be a one time thing.

TUC 20th Anniversary Edition* incoming 2024 .

re-release and a big milestone for the estate and Branca.

*bundled with the mindblowing Vision DVD Boxset in ultrasharp 480p quality

I don't think they will release something in upcoming few years. They now put all efforts on Michael biopic. With 100% sure, they will try to earn lots of money from this film. That's why they won't spend a cent on somthing like new posthmous album or annyversary album. Of course, we can always dream about album, that will be promote film and contain new songs. But knowing Estate, that for last 10 years released only Xscape, chances to get any album with new material almost equals zero....

Yes, in 3 years we will have an 25th Invincible anniversary, they could make really great album with all Invincible outtakes left (like Rampage, GYWOOM and so on), but 100% they won't do anything

Yes, in 3 years we will have an 25th Invincible anniversary, they could make really great album with all Invincible outtakes left (like Rampage, GYWOOM and so on), but 100% they won't do anything
I hope for it though, I mean we already have lots of material from the Invincible sessions, just throw it out there + Get Your Weight Off Of Me, call it a day, and I'll be satisfied

So, I've noticed that since The Ultimate Collection isn't on streaming services, I wonder if they will use the exclusive content from TUC and release them on expanded album deluxe editions like they did with Sunset Driver and P.Y.T. Demo by putting them on Thriller 40. Though apparently Sony pushed the Estate to do Thriller 40 so this could be a one time thing.
Maybe. Depends if they care.

There's kinda no point. Albums are done. People don't buy albums any more. Really, people don't buy music any more. Period.

The world has changed. The focus is on short songs, just like it was in the 60s.

Thriller 40 was the last album they'll release.

Never mind the fact that EVERY MJ and J5 album for the last 20 years has had absolutely appalling sound quality.

There's kinda no point. Albums are done. People don't buy albums any more. Really, people don't buy music any more. Period.

The world has changed. The focus is on short songs, just like it was in the 60s.

Thriller 40 was the last album they'll release.

Never mind the fact that EVERY MJ and J5 album for the last 20 years has had absolutely appalling sound quality.
I mean fans want more rare music on Spotify, they don't have to be physical releases, but I would really enjoy physical releases.

I
I hope they do release more expanded editions, but always include something never heard before. Putting material out as bonus material that the fans have, is not bonus.

Personally I think any future releases will be dictated by how well the biopic does with the general public. The estate's seemingly begrudged involvement in Thriller 40 tells me they aren't quite ready to get behind any full on promoted releases until they have a better feel for the temperature of the public on MJ. All the BS allegations, documentaries, etc probably still have them a bit gun shy unfortunately to go all in on any musical projects just to have some other made up crap be alleged by another asshat the day after any product is announced, taking the shine off of the actual project.

I hope this movie turns out amazing of course, and the public enjoys it as well by showing up to the theaters. That healthy bottom line proving public interest will go a long way towards the future!

I hope this movie turns out amazing of course, and the public enjoys it as well by showing up to the theaters. That healthy bottom line proving public interest will go a long way towards the future!
It'll be awhile before any new Hollywood made movie or TV show happens because of the writers & actors strike. Actors can't even promote stuff already finished that can be released because that's considered crossing the picket line. A lot of the talk shows (where promotions are done) are shut down anyway because of the strike too. They've just been showing reruns for several months now. I wonder if the Mike biopic has the Jackson 5 days. If so, any youth actors that have been hired might have to be replaced if the strike is really long

I think any boxset released should be like The Beatles Anthology releases they did in the 90s. Even if there's a short 1 or 2 minute track where there's no chance of it ever being finished, throw it on a set like that. Let the fans hear what Michael was doing and planning with it.

hope they do release more expanded editions, but always include something never heard before. Putting material out as bonus material that the fans have, is not bonus.
But couldn't they simply... release the new stuff? A whole disc of it? Why does it have to be an "expanded edition"? Wouldn't it be better if 50% of the CD wasn't cluttered up with yet another copy of Bad?

The Ultimate Collection seems to be on Deezer. Is it complete ?
(thread 'Ultimate Collection Content'
https://www.mjjcommunity.com/threads/ultimate-collection-content.141508/post-4547146)

But couldn't they simply... release the new stuff? A whole disc of it? Why does it have to be an "expanded edition"? Wouldn't it be better if 50% of the CD wasn't cluttered up with yet another copy of Bad?
With Spotify and streaming it makes no difference.

It'll be awhile before any new Hollywood made movie or TV show happens because of the writers & actors strike. Actors can't even promote stuff already finished that can be released because that's considered crossing the picket line. A lot of the talk shows (where promotions are done) are shut down anyway because of the strike too. They've just been showing reruns for several months now. I wonder if the Mike biopic has the Jackson 5 days. If so, any youth actors that have been hired might have to be replaced if the strike is really long
Yeah, no matter how you look at it its going to be a while until things get back underway after the strike for this biopic. Luckily there wasn't TOO much MJ momentum to lose steam right now since T40 has kind of come and gone. I'm sure when the time is right the media promotion blitz for the movie will be pretty impressive. This is going to mark a pretty big moment for everything MJ!

Yes I'd prefer that, but thought they weren't doing that anymore

Back