Do you think also these songs could be reworked like 'The Way You Love Me'?

Topflux

Proud Member
Beautiful Girl
Cheater
Escape
Fall Again
Hot Street
In The Back
Love Never Felt So Good
Monkey Business
Night Line
Scared Of The Moon
Serious Effect
Sunset Driver
We've Had Enough

they are perfect the way they are. it would be like making painting over the original Mona Lisa painting and making her blonde, its just freaking stupid.

How do you say they are perfect even thou they are demos. Fly Away, For All Time and Streetwalker were more like fully finished.

One in the middle was reworked to great effect lol.
I'll respond to this one...

We , the fans were like wtf are they thinking releasing that trash meh song love never felt so good and being the first single from Xscape... Are they nuts?

Apparently John McClain was a big fan and he wanted it released.

Turns out they did a fantastic job and really turned the song into something very very good!

We , the fans were like wtf are they thinking releasing that trash meh song love never felt so good and being the first single from Xscape... Are they nuts?

Turns out they did a fantastic job and really turned the song into something very very good!
I played it over and over for a whole week. I'm not kidding, just on loop for 168 hours. Every time music played, it was that song. The JT version. I couldn't believe how good it was. And I had never heard the demo. Just a true experience from end to end.

And no other song gave me that feeling lol. Except for Xscape at the end of the preview week, on the day of release. Was and still is a banger. Chicago, I've warmed up a lot to as well though. I played it out for a week last year. Not all day, but once a day lol.

I played it over and over for a whole week. I'm not kidding, just on loop for 168 hours. Every time music played, it was that song. The JT version. I couldn't believe how good it was. And I had never heard the demo. Just a true experience from end to end.

And no other song gave me that feeling lol. Except for Xscape at the end of the preview week, on the day of release. Was and still is a banger. Chicago, I've warmed up a lot to as well though. I played it out for a week last year. Not all day, but once a day lol.
It was such a surprise just how good it was!

The demo was very much one of those songs that was very mediocre with very little potential, yet somehow they managed to turn it into a fantastic track!

The well known Australian MJ fan (who had the inside scoop on a lot of stuff) Damien I think was his name? Broke the news about the track and that MJ fans will be surprised at how well they have reworked it and that it would be a hit.

It was such a surprise just how good it was!

The demo was very much one of those songs that was very mediocre with very little potential, yet somehow they managed to turn it into a fantastic track!

The well known Australian MJ fan (who had the inside scoop on a lot of stuff) Damien I think was his name? Broke the news about the track and that MJ fans will be surprised at how well they have reworked it and that it would be a hit.
It is the reason I believe contemporization works. Admittedly the lesser hand approach works well and without a hitch every time, I say, but I do like when they go wild. If anything they're too restrained. If they're gonna modernize then they should absolutely go completely off. Off the Wall lol.

Damien Shields?

I was disappointed they turned LNFSG into a generic dance song.
I was and am smitten with the piano demo and I not once thought this was a mediocre song. The potential wasnthere for all to see imo. It is the only leaked demo I have played extensively. His voice is beaming with positive vibes, the sun is shining when this demo plays. Maybe as a hit it had no potential but if I was Michael I would have developed the piano version further, it works incredibly well acoustically because his voice gets to shine and not the flashy production.

Personally, I prefer the demo.

I was disappointed they turned LNFSG into a generic dance song.
I was and am smitten with the piano demo and I not once thought this was a mediocre song. The potential wasnthere for all to see imo. It is the only leaked demo I have played extensively. His voice is beaming with positive vibes, the sun is shining when this demo plays. Maybe as a hit it had no potential but if I was Michael I would have developed the piano version further, it works incredibly well acoustically because his voice gets to shine and not the flashy production.
I enjoy all 3 versions. And I really like how versatile the song is, to fit so well in so many styles.

I think the intention was always to be a little dancy, since Johnny Mathis' version also sounded uptempo.

Back