Does anyone have more pictures from the MSG rehearsals like these??

Hess

Proud Member
11144077_867268226672038_2141501083922925934_n.jpg

10506741_867268276672033_8856520673871789179_o.jpg

11540908_867268780005316_4956705694915273617_n.jpg

10848935_867268950005299_3533075683272905861_o.jpg

I have never seen rehearsal pictures from MSG before - are there more??

Only the first two are from MSG! (The others are MJ & Friends and American Bandstand 2002) Here's another MSG 2001 one, which come from Hamid Moslehi, MJ's photographer back then.

289768.jpeg

Only the first two are from MSG! (The others are MJ & Friends and American Bandstand 2002) Here's another MSG 2001 one, which come from Hamid Moslehi, MJ's photographer back then.

289768.jpeg

do you have more ?

Thanks! I don't remember seeing those.

tumblr_nom3n3rICh1utodeuo1_500.jpg

You can find few more pics that look like screenshots with googling Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary rehearsals.

The MJ Brazil (I think) facebook page seems to have a lot of pictures I've not seen before. Does anyone know the person that runs that? Maybe they can help?

MJ rehearsed the three duets (Britney Spears, Whitney Houston, N’ Sync) in the morning on September 6th.

Later (in the evening of the same day) he appeared at the MTV Video Music Awards 2001.

On that day, he seemed to be in excellent spirits.

I post 2 more images (I know they are not rare but are quite relevant).

‘You Rock my World’ rehearsals right before the second show:

msg2001rehearsal.jpg

msg2001rehearsal3.jpg

Judging by these pics, he looks so much better in rehearsals than he did in the actual shows.

Judging by these pics, he looks so much better in rehearsals than he did in the actual shows.

Well, not to add to gossipy stuff, but David Gest and Frank Cascio mentioned that the night of the show, he was supposed to show up at I think 7 or 8? After about an hour Frank went across the street to the hotel to see what was going on and MJ was asleep. Apparently he had taken something, and you could especially tell he was totally out of it in his red carpet interview into the show with Elizabeth Taylor? Gest stated (not in these exact words) that only Michael Jackson could be as high as he was and manage to get through that show in the way that he did and have no one even know.

Last edited:
I would love to see footage of this!!
Me too. I don't know why Anthony says it shouldn't be released, since he obviously saw it and thinks it was delightful. You can tell from his expression alone.

I always like behind the scenes/rehearsals better anyway. I really want a commercial release of the Dangerous rehearsals. I prefer that way over the real tour.

He appeared to be medicated to some degree on the TV broadcast.

If you have seen 'Life Of An Icon' there was a part on there about this, cannot remember who said it (might have even been Cascio) but on one of the shows (possibly the TV broadcast) apparently Michael only woke up in his NY hotel once the show had already started, hence rushing to the show and performing (probably still suffereng from whatever he took to knock him out for sleep)

This is such a nice photo. I saw the video of this but it was from the side of the stage. I forget the name of his photographer but he released some really nice ones on his website and said he's going to release more. Thank you for this photo.

nickyholmes16;4097418 said:
This is such a nice photo. I saw the video of this but it was from the side of the stage. I forget the name of his photographer but he released some really nice ones on his website and said he's going to release more. Thank you for this photo.

During that period, MJ was skeptical about his appearance & did not want unauthorized photos to be leaked. That’s why, he allowed only his personal photographer to attend those rehearsals.

Last edited:
mj_frenzy;4097660 said:
During that period, MJ was skeptical about his appearance & did want unauthorized photos to be leaked. That’s why, he allowed only his personal photographer to attend those rehearsals.

He didn't look well here, and seemed out of it at times. I remember seeing tiny interview as he arrived with Liz Taylor at MSG and he looked like he was about to fall asleep.

innuendo141;4097665 said:
He didn't look well here, and seemed out of it at times. I remember seeing tiny interview as he arrived with Liz Taylor at MSG and he looked like he was about to fall asleep.

This is true. MJ was on the verge of collapsing & seemed (physically & mentally) tormented before the show.

That’s why it still amazes me how he managed to live up to his fans’ expectations during those two performances.

mj_frenzy;4097668 said:
This is true. MJ was on the verge of collapsing & seemed (physically & mentally) tormented before the show.

That’s why it still amazes me how he managed to live up to his fans’ expectations during those two performances.

You are dead right. It's amazing he didnt hurt himself. While the performances didn't exactly light my world on fire, they were still really enjoyable.

mj_frenzy;4097660 said:
During that period, MJ was skeptical about his appearance & did not want unauthorized photos to be leaked. That’s why, he allowed only his personal photographer to attend those rehearsals.

This is purely speculation on your part.

Themidwestcowboy;4097709 said:
This is purely speculation on your part.

If it was just a rumor (or gossip), then I would have been the first to dismiss it as fiction (let alone to speculate such things).

It was a wise strategic move on behalf of MJ that made a lot of sense (& it has been also documented during that period). MJ was about to make a big comeback & did not want to undergo the same things that had already happened before (when ‘Daily Mirror’ tried to cash in on him & published unauthorized photos that depicted MJ in the most humiliating manner just 3 days before his first ‘Dangerous’ concert in Munich).

Please, next time, be more careful before dismissing my posts as (pure) speculation on my part. To call speculation is the easiest way for someone to dismiss things that probably he does not want to agree with.

mj_frenzy;4097788 said:
If it was just a rumor (or gossip), then I would have been the first to dismiss it as fiction (let alone to speculate such things).

It was a wise strategic move on behalf of MJ that made a lot of sense (& it has been also documented during that period). MJ was about to make a big comeback & did not want to undergo the same things that had already happened before (when ‘Daily Mirror’ tried to cash in on him & published unauthorized photos that depicted MJ in the most humiliating manner just 3 days before his first ‘Dangerous’ concert in Munich).

Please, next time, be more careful before dismissing my posts as (pure) speculation on my part. To call speculation is the easiest way for someone to dismiss things that probably he does not want to agree with.

"During that period MJ was skeptical about his appearance"

Okay then, can you show me a quote or a video of Michael saying that he was skeptical about his appearance during that period.

Themidwestcowboy;4097924 said:
"During that period MJ was skeptical about his appearance"

Okay then, can you show me a quote or a video of Michael saying that he was skeptical about his appearance during that period.

I cannot understand why you keep insisting on that…

MJ himself revealed, among other things, all those thoughts/feelings regarding his appearance during those years (‘The Michael Jackson Tapes’, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach).

mj_frenzy;4097951 said:

MJ himself revealed, among other things, all those thoughts/feelings regarding his appearance during those years (‘The Michael Jackson Tapes’, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach).

Just a side note, Shmukley is a loser who stole from charity ... I wouldn't take what he says seriously. I haven't read or watched the Michael Jackson Tapes, but if Bashir can edit things to make them seem one way, don't doubt this creep can too.

mj_frenzy;4097951 said:

You mean the parts where he said he hated growing old and it made him feel ugly??

TinnyandOdd;4098001 said:
Just a side note, Shmukley is a loser who stole from charity ... I wouldn't take what he says seriously. I haven't read or watched the Michael Jackson Tapes, but if Bashir can edit things to make them seem one way, don't doubt this creep can too.

Although Bashir did everything in his power to present a rather partial version of the documentary, I think MJ should have behaved in a more responsible way:

For example:
No one told MJ to dangle his child over the balcony.
No one told MJ to feed his child in such a strange way in front of the camera.
No one told MJ to confess that he used to roam holding baby dolls.
etc.

More importantly, when Bashir insinuated various things (‘The footage you were never meant to see’) then, in my opinion, there were only two options for MJ: Either to stop immediately further discussions with the specific journalist & get rid of him, or to have complete control over the final version that was about to air. MJ did neither of them.

Back