Does anyone in MJ's family care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all love and care for MJ so much sometimes that it can blind our better judgement.

Most of the Jackson Family have been entertainers since they were VERY YOUNG. Janet for example, has been is show business for over 30 years. She gave up being an actress, and gave up law school to be a performer. Show business is really all she knows. She was an entertainer before Michael died, she will continue to be one after. When people suffer a loss it is not uncommon for them to focus on their work. It helps with the pain. It seems many people here want them to lock themselves in a room and be depressed all day or something.

I'm also sure Michael's death left behind a lot of legal fees, and debts that need paying for. Sitting at home in your room crying all day is not going to help. I bet touring, and signing books to bring in some income for all those fees will though. Last time I checked didn't she front the money for the memorial service?

What's up with that constant hate toward the family?

I wouldn't call it hate. In my opinion, the correct word would be DISAPPOINMENT.

I honestly believe that SOME fans are just disappointed by the actions of some of the Jackson family members.

You have to admit that "some" of the family have done things that are very surprising. Things that 3-4 years ago, you would have never expected.

Just to add I also don't think they should be making public display of their suffering.

For one, I do not care to see that. It is hard enough dealing with my own heart ache. To see them crying out in public would be unbearable.

Secondly, when someone you love is killed it is very important that you try not to allow hatred into your heart. Them rallying outside of Murray's house would only make things worse. Not only does it lack class and dignity, but I'm sure it is not what Michael would want either. It is best for them to let the courts handle it. The media is in their life enough as it is. Nothing good will come of it.

I'm also sure Michael's death left behind a lot of legal fees, and debts that need paying for. Sitting at home in your room crying all day is not going to help. I bet touring, and signing books to bring in some income for all those fees will though. Last time I checked didn't she front the money for the memorial service?
What kind of legal fees did Michael's death leave behind and especially for WHOM? Certainly whatever debts and legal fees came along with Michael's passing, they were taken care of by the Estate as they concerned Michael. The dead man paid for his own funeral along with dressing the tribe up. Again I'm stating FUNERAL not memorial. Janet did front money for the memorial (which she later got reimbursed). as Michael's accounts were frozen and Katherine (thanks God) was not able to get her hands on the estate/his accounts although she tried barely 2 days after he passed. But all this is not the point.

But all this is not the point.

Your absolutely correct. At the end of the day the bottom line is that they are still, for the most part, entertainers that have to show up for work.

For all we know Michael could of been paying Jermaine's health insurance. To him Michael's death = Must do reality show to bring in extra income. Not saying that's the case, but it's an example. We don't know what their financial situation is.

I know when my nephew died I certainly still had to work, and I still had bills to pay. The only difference is that I was working at a post office, Janet works at a entertainment studio. This is not a matter of good or bad, but simple common sense.

:yawn:

:mello:

Ugh here we f*cking go again.....

hahaha!

----------
What's up with that constant hate toward the family? If you really wanna hate, than hate the people who truly deserve it...
I have to admit there are many times when I think "Shittt, why are they doing this???", when I don't understand them, or when I hate to see the brothers and sisters benefitting from his death careerwise...
But it would never ever occur to me to say that they don't care for their brother, son, family member, just because we see them laughing...

Sometimes it's hard to stay relaxed because of their behavior but we don't know what's inside them and what they are actually doing to get justice... So try to give them the benefit of doubt instead of judging them already....

I agree. Paris & Prince must not care about their dad because they are smiling & laughing & getting on with their lives... :smilerolleyes: ..

Last edited:
hahaha!

----------

I agree. Paris & Prince must not care about their dad because they are smiling & laughing & getting on with their lives... :smilerolleyes: ..
Prince and Paris were/are children. How can you even compare middle aged people with CHILDREN. If Prince and Paris' ages were between 45 and 82 eyes would be equally rolling and eye brows would be raised. I never ever figured how any ADULT can compare kids to ADULTS, and that not even young adults but to overgrown middle aged people between 45 and 60 SMDH :smilerolleyes:

Prince and Paris were/are children. How can you even compare middle aged people with CHILDREN. If Prince and Paris' ages were between 45 and 82 eyes would be equally rolling and eye brows would be raised. I never ever figured how any ADULT can compare kids to ADULTS, and that not even young adults but to overgrown middle aged people between 45 and 60 SMDH :smilerolleyes:

Totally agree. You can't compare the two. The children probably think MJ died from a heart attack still caused by working too hard. I doubt if they know the details of what Murray did to their Dad. Michael's family is well aware this is a manslaughter case and Murray will be tried yet they don't seem to care calling him the 'fall guy' . It is just a sad situation. Mike felt so alone and I now see that he was. What kind of family doesn't support a dead relative? what kind of family throws their deceased brother under the bus? calling him an addict in denial without even explaining what illnesses or pain he might have suffered from. What type of sister goes right back to work the day of the funeral? There are just way too many things this family has done that demonstrates that they did not care about their brother/son. They all saw MJ in May 2009. One sister told Oprah he looked too thin and she knew he had a problem yet when she saw him in May she did absolutely nothing but laugh and joke around with him? Does that make sense?

LaToya lived right around the corner from MJ, how often did she check on him? Joe claims he told Katherine that she needed to check on Mike because he looked frail and not right, but Katherine didn't check on him because she didn't want to invade his privacy? If your child looks thin, frail and 'not right' why not do something?

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ANYBODY SMILING OR LAUGHING, FOR GOODNESS SAKE.

Is everyone still supposed to be walking around in a depression and crying all the time?!

JESUS. Read this thread, there are plenty people who lose family members and are still able to smile and laugh sometimes!!

I can not believe what I'm reading. It's actually offensive for me and the others in this thread. We must not have cared for our family members according to you & stacyj. I must not have ever cared or loved my uncles, my cousin, my grandma, my grandad or my friend then either!!! My grandad died 3 weeks ago and I can smile & laugh.

The children probably think MJ died from a heart attack still caused by working too hard. I doubt if they know the details of what Murray did to their Dad. Michael's family is well aware this is a manslaughter case

ps. Prince & Paris are not as dumb as you seem to think.

Is everyone still supposed to be walking around in a depression and crying all the time?!

JESUS. Read this thread, there are plenty people who lose family members and are still able to smile and laugh sometimes!!

I can not believe what I'm reading. It's actually offensive for me and the others in this thread. We must not havecared for our family members. I must not have ever cared or loved my uncles, my cousin, my grandma, my grandad or my friend then either!!! My grandad died 3 weeks ago and I can smile & laugh.

Prince & Paris are not as dumb as you seem to think.

Amen.

Michael is a legend. He is an Icon. He has made his mark in history. Nothing can or will ever change that. Fans can be so defensive. Not only that but a lot of fans are still stuck on the past. This isn't 1993, it's 2011. People change, friends change, family change.

I can not believe what I'm reading. It's actually offensive for me and the others in this thread. We must not have cared for our family members according to you & stacyj. I must not have ever cared or loved my uncles, my cousin, my grandma, my grandad or my friend then either!!! My grandad died 3 weeks ago and I can smile & laugh.

Agreed. I think the reason why it seems like they don't care is because they're in the media what seems like everyday. With a non famous family, we don't see how they cope day to day.. we don't know that they went to work the day after or that they went on vacation a year after etc. With the Jacksons, everything is publicised.

As for the PPB comment, I'm pretty sure the poster was being sarcastic...

And from a personal experience, my dad died when I was 8. Obviously it was a sad time and what not but I eventually moved on, as did my mother, brother, grandmother, etc. It's not healthy to dwell on grief. There comes a time after someone dies that you accept it and move on. When you can look back and think about that person with a smile on your face instead of pain.

ps. Prince & Paris are not as dumb as you seem to think.
WHEN DID I EVER STATE IT WAS WRONG TO SMILe AND GIGGLE? ITS THE SELLING OUT I'M OPPOSED OF!!
I don't give two fucks about them smiling and laughing they can laugh for the rest of their lives as far as I'm concerned.

LEARN TO READ
WHAT DO U THINK?! THAT IGNORING THIS KEY POINT MAKES IT GO AWAY OR LESS WORSE?!

I'm convinced that there are people out there who move on rather quickly but I'm sure you won't be finding even a Handful of people behaving as disrespectful and pathetic toward their deceased as some of the Jackson's did and still continue to do.

Last edited:
Um there is no need to make your writing big TwinkLee.

You replied to my post about the smiling and laughing. That's a FACT.

No backtracking now.

Um there is no need to make your writing big TwinkLee.

You replied to my post about the smiling and laughing. That's a FACT.

No backtracking now.
Addressed SOLELY the issue of you comparing children to adults, and that is a REAL FACT. NO ONE here is backtracking anything. WHERE in my POSTS did I state anything about ANYONE SMILING AND LAUGHING?!
You were the one who dragged Prince and PAris into this thread by comparing them to ADULTS. My ENTIRE outrage over your post was about you comparing kids to goddamn adults. And not about smiling and laughing

Last edited:
i'm certain they care if i lost my brother i would care to think they dont care is wrong some might care about money more but we don't know every thought in their heads

The Jacksons are a big family and I am sure there are people who care. I saw Jackie and Tito talk about Michael and you can see in their eyes it's hard for them. The problem with the Jacksons is they have show business mentality in their heads. That's all they know. I think it's sad because they can't separate showbusiness and their family. I think Michael knew that and wanted to keep family and business separate as much as possible. He just wanted a family and not talk about tours and reunions etc. I am just guessing but it's what it feels to me.

The one thing I found very hard to see was when Michael died and 3 days later his father was at the BET awards and someone asked him how was doing. He said great or something like that. That made me ill and very sad to me. Your son dies and there is no way anyone would say they feel great. That I will never understand.

Last edited:
Addressed SOLELY the issue of you comparing children to adults, and that is a REAL FACT. NO ONE here is backtracking anything. WHERE in my POSTS did I state anything about ANYONE SMILING AND LAUGHING?!
You were the one who dragged Prince and PAris into this thread by comparing them to ADULTS. My ENTIRE outrage over your post was about you comparing kids to goddamn adults. And not about smiling and laughing

OK, but I still don't see how this sentence makes sense in that context...

- '' If Prince and Paris' ages were between 45 and 82 eyes would be equally rolling and eye brows would be raised. '' -

That seems to mean if Prince and Paris were aged between 45 and 82 & were laughing and smiling, eyes would be rolling & eyebrows raised.

And I only mentioned them to show how ridiculous stacyj's claim was. Looks like Moulin Rouge had the same feeling too on page 2.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue arguing about this smiling & laughing thing because there is no point, & it feels stupid already. I was just hurt due to personal circumstances, as were others.

And for the record I agree with you on the opportunism shown by some family members.

Last edited:
The Jacksons are a big family and I am sure there are people who care. I saw Jackie and Tito talk about Michael and you can see in their eyes it's hard for them. The problem with the Jacksons is they have show business mentality in their heads. That's all they know. I think it's sad because they can't separate showbusiness and their family. I think Michael knew that and wanted to keep family and business separate as much as possible. He just wanted a family and not talk about tours and reunions etc.

The one thing I found very hard to see was when Michael died and 3 days later his father was at the BET awards and someone asked him how was doing. He said great or something like that. That made me ill and very sad to me. Your son dies and there is no way anyone would say they feel great. That I will never understand.
yeah and he was pimping his record company he had an evil smirk on his face

OK, but I still don't see how this sentence makes sense in that context...

- '' If Prince and Paris' ages were between 45 and 82 eyes would be equally rolling and eye brows would be raised. '' -

That seems to mean if Prince and Paris were aged between 45 and 82 & were laughing and smiling, eyes would be rolling & eyebrows raised.

And I only mentioned them to show how ridiculous stacyj's claim was. Looks like Moulin Rouge had the same feeling too on page 2.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue arguing about this smiling & laughing thing because there is no point, & it feels stupid already. I was just hurt due to personal circumstances, as were others.
AGAIN MY COMMENT WAS IN REFERENCE TO (MY PRIOR POST) THEIR BEHAVIOR. IF THEY'd behave the way those JAckson's did, being as old as they are I'd roll my eyes on them if they were to throw their father under the bus as many times as his own sibligns did. As for your personal circumstances, whatever screaming, I'm not going to apologize for something I did not state nor meant in the way you perceived it.

I understand that you have to move on, I'm not opposed to any of them smiling and laughing. I'm opposed of their despicable behavior, the pathetic and pitiful behavior they've kept on displaying since the day Michael died.

Last edited:
The Jacksons are a big family and I am sure there are people who care. I saw Jackie and Tito talk about Michael and you can see in their eyes it's hard for them. The problem with the Jacksons is they have show business mentality in their heads. That's all they know. I think it's sad because they can't separate showbusiness and their family. I think Michael knew that and wanted to keep family and business separate as much as possible. He just wanted a family and not talk about tours and reunions etc. I am just guessing but it's what it feels to me.

That was extremely hard... Joe said he was doing great and his son had just died. That was just totally wrong.

I found it hard also to see Janet throw MJ under the bus like she did. That was hurtful considering she had to be well aware of what the media did to MJ over the years and here she is throwing more gasoline on the fire even though he was killed by his doctor. She had the facts yet she felt the need to tell Robin Roberts and Oprah about MJ's alleged drug problem even though MJ was clean. I lost all respect for her after that.

With family like that I can understand more and more why MJ turned to other folks to find unconditional love because he sure as hell didn't get it from them.

Joe says he's doing great, Janet laughing and giggling the day after MJ died, and Katherine saying her son's nose was like a toothpick was just absolutely horrendous.

Their actions prove they did not care about MJ or his feelings.

I agree. And it's not like it's any different from those other 2310 posts StacyJ made. No need to start a new thread for this imo.

If you guys are not interested in this topic, why are you here?

I think this is a good discussion because we are talking about MJ and discussing if his family really cared about him or not. His death has opened my eyes to his family. I used to be a huge Jackson family fan, but MJ's death has shown me that this family is not what they seemed to be. We are not bashing them, we are just discussing what they themselves put out to the public after MJ's passing.

If you guys are not interested in this topic, why are you here?

Because this is a public forum, and if you post a thread about a topic that has been discussed a billion times already and you don't add anything new to the debate, I am allowed to say that the thread is unneccessary.

I think this is a good discussion because we are talking about MJ and discussing if his family really cared about him or not. His death has opened my eyes to his family. I used to be a huge Jackson family fan, but MJ's death has shown me that this family is not what they seemed to be. We are not bashing them, we are just discussing what they themselves put out to the public after MJ's passing.

Again, you could have easily said this in one of the other threads on 2300 Jackson Street. Actually, that is how almost every thread in this section ends up anyway. It's not that I don't agree with some of the things you're saying, but I just don't see the need to post the exact same thing again and again and again. I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum knows your position regarding the Jackson family by now.

You need to get over the fact that Janet smiles, seriously, I don't mind when you say things about what she's said/done in interviews, because even I don't agree with that sometimes.
But to say she doesn't care because she looked happy at a book signing event, is just unrealistic, I've lost family members and 2 years later I am able to laugh, joke and enjoy life, I must really not have cared huh?

Agreed 10000%! I lost a lot of people in my life, too. My cousin from New Jersey was murdered outside a NYC club and it took three years to finally get justice for him. The guy that killed him is in jail now. I lost my great-grandmother (the oldest of my family and relatives) two years ago and I met her once. I lost my paternal grandmother three years ago and my dad was very sad but he's moving on with his life. I'm sad I lost a lot of people in my life but I'm moving on. I miss Michael terribly (we all do), but I moved on in my life. I'm smiling, I'm laughing, I'm enjoying myself.

I'm just celebrating his life & what he stood for, fighting for justice, etc.

Agreed. I think the reason why it seems like they don't care is because they're in the media what seems like everyday. With a non famous family, we don't see how they cope day to day.. we don't know that they went to work the day after or that they went on vacation a year after etc. With the Jacksons, everything is publicised.

As for the PPB comment, I'm pretty sure the poster was being sarcastic...

And from a personal experience, my dad died when I was 8. Obviously it was a sad time and what not but I eventually moved on, as did my mother, brother, grandmother, etc. It's not healthy to dwell on grief. There comes a time after someone dies that you accept it and move on. When you can look back and think about that person with a smile on your face instead of pain.

I'm sorry for all your losses

Last edited:
What kind of legal fees did Michael's death leave behind and especially for WHOM? Certainly whatever debts and legal fees came along with Michael's passing, they were taken care of by the Estate as they concerned Michael. The dead man paid for his own funeral along with dressing the tribe up. Again I'm stating FUNERAL not memorial. Janet did front money for the memorial (which she later got reimbursed). as Michael's accounts were frozen and Katherine (thanks God) was not able to get her hands on the estate/his accounts although she tried barely 2 days after he passed. But all this is not the point.

^^Thanks for responding. I did not realize before that some fans thought Janet had to pay for Michael death and legal costs. Guys I thought you all knew Michael has an Estate.

If this question was asked before 6/25, I would think it's ridiculous. Right after 6/25, I rememebered some bodyguard said on TV that Michael distanced himself from his family and didn't want to answer their phone because they always asked something from him, I didn't believe it then and I think he just wanted sensation considered he was paid to talk with media. But now the answer is obvious to me. Just see where are the Jacksons when media questioned the children's paternity, when the murder still threw dirts on Michael(the victim) to get away from charges, when media planned to air the sickening autopsy documentary... where was Joe's spokesman Oxman's big mouth? some Jackson already said publicly they had already forgiven Murray, or he was just the fall guy.

but this family was everywhere when it came to This is it, the will, the new album, AEG, the Estate... and they never hesitated to show the world their outrage when there were big money but they couldn't get any.

The point is these people haven't been saints exactly before Michael's death, they did whatever they could to stab him in the back, make him do things, blackmail him etc. still almost everyone including myself gave them the benefit of a doubt trying to put their past actions away by thinking 'they're just extremely dysfunctional' etc. but after his death they even outdid themselves. Stuff they've done since June 25 2009, -not counting the prior bullish- is INDEFENSIBLE alone.

A quick answer to the title question........

NO!!!

If they did..........then Michael might still be alive!!!!!!

A quick answer to the title question........

NO!!!

If they did..........then Michael might still be alive!!!!!!

I totally agree... If they even cared one ounce he would still be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back