Does MJ's estate know ILLEGAL DVD is being sold in HMV???

markmark11

Proud Member
Does MJ's estate know illegal dvd is being sold in HMV???

The Dublin shop is selling the Bad Tour in Japan fake dvd, thats illegal!!!!

The company who produced it has nothing to do with MJ, they are taking money from his kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do we tell MJ's Estate?
WE Should Tell! BUT WHO TO CONTACT?????

Remember sales of this Bad dvd will damage any future PLANS FOR OFFICIAL Remastered DVD/Blueray MJ concert releases!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE Should Tell!
THEY ARE CHEATING HIS KIDS, PLUS THE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Branca

ZIFFREN BRITTENHAM, LLC

1801 Century Park West - Los Angeles, CA 90067-6406 - Tel 310-552-3388 - Fax 310-553-7068

I have no idea....

:angry: what bastards they are. Sorry for the language but that was the first thing that popped into my head when I read this. Everyone is so money hungry. Every penny should go to MJ's estate.

that has been sold for a while in hmv

and if hmv is selling it it is not illegal!

They are a big chain bussines and would have some sort of permisson/docs to be able to sell it.

So Dont get all mouthy bout it ok,money is not being taking from no one,michael's estate will still be getting royaltys or there will be some sort of other agrement with his estate.

So please get all the facts before swearing in your post!!

If i am wrong bout it,i want some proff - contact hmv and michaels team - dont be speaking bad of shops/people stealing money when you have no proff of it.

Last edited:
HMV have sold quite a few illegal DVD's over the last few years. They once had a great Prince DVD with some rare music video's like Automatic etc. HMV have sold illegal DVD's without knowly known they are illegal because of the source they came from. But anyone with knowledge of Michael Jackson knows the Japan Bad Tour 1987 concert is an illegal release.

Does MJ's estate know illegal dvd is being sold in HMV???

The Dublin shop is selling the Bad Tour in Japan fake dvd, thats illegal!!!!

The company who produced it has nothing to do with MJ, they are taking money from his kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do we tell MJ's Estate?
WE Should Tell! BUT WHO TO CONTACT?????

Remember sales of this Bad dvd will damage any future PLANS FOR OFFICIAL Remastered DVD/Blueray MJ concert releases!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE Should Tell!
THEY ARE CHEATING HIS KIDS, PLUS THE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes and the quality is terrible too! (I assume you refer to the "orangish" looking DVD right?) The one you can download here from DJ Oxygene is a LOT better!

I bought "One Night Live In Japan" but this is terrible quality too!

i have a BAD dvd actually. i bought it years ago.but i didnt know its illegal until someone on this board told me. because i wondered why everyone wanted BAD to be released when it already was lol
seems like they are different examples of a BAD live dvd?

i have a BAD dvd actually. i bought it years ago.but i didnt know its illegal until someone on this board told me. because i wondered why everyone wanted BAD to be released when it already was lol
seems like they are different examples of a BAD live dvd?

the yokohama concert, i presume?

I do not think that the DVD is a fake or illegal I rented it from a company name netflix and alot of big retail store are selling this dvd so is amazion...

Take the whole damn lot and throw them down the back of the stand so no one can buy them!!!

that has been sold for a while in hmv

and if hmv is selling it it is not illegal!

They are a big chain bussines and would have some sort of permisson/docs to be able to sell it.

So Dont get all mouthy bout it ok,money is not being taking from no one,michael's estate will still be getting royaltys or there will be some sort of other agrement with his estate.

So please get all the facts before swearing in your post!!

If i am wrong bout it,i want some proff - contact hmv and michaels team - dont be speaking bad of shops/people stealing money when you have no proff of it.

If you have seen the quality of this dvd you would know it is in NO way official, professional or properly released. There is no way this concert could be released officially by the estate and fans not know about it. There was another thread about this somewhere where I think someone mentioned the company that distributed it had made bootleg dvds before, but my memory's not great on that so I might be wrong.
Also, when I saw the cover for this dvd I had to lol because for one thing the design is so hideous and amateur (I've seen dvd covers made by MJJC members which are 1000 times better), and the picture on the front was from the HIStory World Tour, not the Bad World Tour.

So why isn´t the Estate selling an official Bad Tour DVD??? Where´s the problem?

Don´t they have the footage? Where is the problem in releasing BAd Tour on DVD??

bootlegs are a huge problem for all the celebrities. its such a huge industry. there are literally millions of illegal products sold baring trademarked celebrity names and images each year. and it costs the artists a lot of missed income. i am sure the family does know about the various bootlegs. i remember reading some interview where someone connected to the family commented on the sad fact that in the days after michael died much merchandise had been sold but few of it was from official companies

could any one here from usa let branca's offfice know.???

This is a 100% illegal concert it has NOTHING to do with MJ/Sony. I am astonished anyone here would think that a dvd of a MICHAEL JACKSON concert, which MJ owns ALL the rights to could be officially released and have no MJJ markings or Sony markings.
Its FAKE Illegal and should be taken OFF the markedt

saw an advert for this dvd on the tv in croatia aswell

If I have time later on today I will be calling Mr. Branca's office

While you are at it, please tell him about all the stuff that is being shared in 2000 Watts, and also that some members here are already talking about pirating TII.

Many thanks!

While you are at it, please tell him about all the stuff that is being shared in 2000 Watts

Many thanks!

What is shared here in the 2000 Watts forum is NOT illegal! As none of the footage has been officially released!! If the concerts etc here were being SOLD for a profit, then it would be illegal. There is no law against sharing!

^ Yes it is...

In most countries, unless permission has been granted from the copyright holder to redistribute the material then it is illegal. Whether or not it is sold for a profit, or if it has been officially released, is irrelevant.

Some artists/record companies may not actively pursue such copyright violations. Some do. Prince is the most famous example of this.

perhaps the word is UNAUTHORISED as opposed to ILLIGAL

Geez.... :smilerolleyes: HMV and the like have been selling DVDs like this for years. Even back in the day when VHS was around. No point in getting in to a flap about it :lol:

Back