The Tinni (dog) and Sniffer (fox):

The%20Fox%20And%20The%20Dog1.jpg

The%20Fox%20And%20The%20Dog2.jpg

The%20Fox%20And%20The%20Dog3.jpg

The%20Fox%20And%20The%20Dog4.jpg

The%20Fox%20And%20The%20Dog5.jpg

The%20Fox%20And%20The%20Dog6.jpg

More:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2518490/The-adorable-unlikely-friendship-fox-dog-thats-turned-childrens-fairytale.html

http://www.berithelberg.net/fremtidige-utgivelser/10-novellesamlinger/110-the-fox-and-the-dog-2014

:wub:

funny-dog-jumping-mouse-scared.jpg

Triffyn-41.jpg

BorderCollie6yearsKaya.JPG

I love border collies! :D My one is three colours and looks great for nearly 14! :D

We had a border collie dog. She was called lassie. She looked similar to this one

526938298e24c.jpg

Dammmmmn !!!! I was on facebook and saw something awful ! I had to close the tab. I saw some article according to which, in Vietnam, dogs are being stolen from owners and sold as meat. I won't post a link because it's very graphic. I could not read it all. In one of the pics, you see a "man" cutting a dead dog as if it were a pig or something. :(

Word Smith Sr;4047524 said:
Dammmmmn !!!! I was on facebook and saw something awful ! I had to close the tab. I saw some article according to which, in Vietnam, dogs are being stolen from owners and sold as meat. I won't post a link because it's very graphic. I could not read it all. In one of the pics, you see a "man" cutting a dead dog as if it were a pig or something. :(

It´s really sad what happens to these dogs and cats too.
There are dogs, maybe cats too who are raised in meatfarms..
In this video it looks like they are living with a bad hoarder, you don´t see them being killed.But you can avoid 2:50- 3_10 you can see a slaughtered dog.
From 4:30 you can see dogs and a cat who have been rescued from the meatmarket by in defence of animals.
[video=youtube_share;J_0R97_u7kA]http://youtu.be/J_0R97_u7kA[/video]

A spate of direct action from concerned individuals and local animal welfare groups over the summer of 2014 has been cited as a sign of China’s animal welfare consciousness awakening.
Thousands of dogs on the way to a meatnarket have been rescued in China this summer and a few owners got their dogs back.I don´t really know but maybe some were on the way to Vietnam

https://www.animalsasia.org/intl/me...hina-sees-summer-of-dramatic-dog-rescues.html

Dog trafficking ban reduces illegal imports to a trickle

A historic agreement to stem the trafficking of dogs between Thailand and Vietnam for the meat trade is holding firm.
Last year the governments of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam agreed a five-year moratorium on the movement of dogs - between the four countries. The move - led by animal welfare group Asia Canine Protection Alliance (ACPA) - was in response to fears over the spread of rabies.
ACPA is made up of Animals Asia, Change for Animals Foundation, Humane Society International and Soi Dog Foundation. The moratorium was agreed following meetings between the groups and government representatives. In February and July 2014, follow up meetings were held in Bangkok and at popular border crossings in central Vietnam, including Cau Treo pictured above - and below, to further support the ban.

A year on from that initial meeting and the ban on dogs being trafficked for meat appears to be holding firm. Stemming what was a flood of dog meat trucks, carrying up to half a million dogs a year, to a trickle.
Animals Asia Vietnam country director Tuan Bendixsen said:
“We all met again this summer, to look at how we could further plug any gaps but it is clear that this ban is being taken seriously by governments and they are holding firm. A visit to a former holding area at Son Dong village saw plenty of big houses - bought on the profits of the dog meat trade. However, while once their holding pens would have been full of dogs, they were now empty.”

While clearly the large-scale movement of dogs has been successfully stopped the group are now prioritising the smaller number of dogs still getting through.
A poster campaign highlighting the illegal nature of dog meat trafficking is to be launched on the Laos Vietnam border. A further pilot scheme will also help raise awareness past the border and into Laos’ Nam Phao province.
The concern now is for smaller groups of dogs being moved by motorbike over the border and within Vietnam from South to North. Reports also suggest that dogs are being slaughtered in Thailand before trafficked to Vietnam in smaller vehicles.

Meanwhile the governments of Laos and Vietnam have agreed to take part in dog handling training proposed by the US Centre for Disease Control (CDC) later this year. This will provide necessary training for officials confiscating dog trucks.
Tuan Bendixsen added:
“The ban has been more successful than we ever could have hoped for and we have met with positivity from all the governments. It’s expected that when you plug the major route, several smaller routes will start to evolve but we can be confident that this is on a far smaller scale than what was happening before. We will continue pursue those supplying the dog meat industry.”
Meanwhile the debate over eating dog in Vietnam has continued to play out in the country’s media. With diminishing demand for dog meat, reports have suggested many dog meat restaurants are closing.

https://www.animalsasia.org/intl/me...ban-reduces-illegal-imports-to-a-trickle.html

I love this rescue story and I'm going to send it out.

I don't understand anyone who could hurt children or animals-and especially dogs-since they love you so.

Last edited:
Oh, Word-just reading that made me violently ill.

HELP SHUT DOWN THE ILLEGAL DOG MEAT TRADE IN THAILAND

Please take 3 minutes of your time to watch this short film of Ricky Gervais, Dame Judi Dench and stars of Downton Abbey speak out about the Thai dog meat trade, and then please sign this petition.

Every year, tens of thousands of dogs are snatched from streets and backyards in Thailand and tossed into cramped, filthy cages. With no food or water and barely enough room to move, many will suffocate, be crushed to death, or die from exposure. Others will injure themselves on the jagged metal trying to escape. But their torture has only just begun.

They are on their way to China or Vietnam, where often they'll be skinned alive or thrown straight into a vat of boiling water, and then butchered for meat.

Thailand's first animal welfare bill is currently being considered by the new Thai Government, but it has loop holes. Eating dogs and cats and using their skins is not illegal under the bill. We are petitioning to make this illegal in Thailand but we face opposition.

You've already shown that you care deeply about dogs and cats in Thailand Majvi. If you agree this barbaric cruelty should be stopped, please act now.

Add your name to the petition and help save thousands of dogs from a slow and agonising death.
oi Dog representatives recently met with Thai Government officials in Bangkok. The officials are strongly opposed to the dog meat trade and are concerned about the country's international reputation. But they have a lot of issues competing for their attention. A massive petition, signed by concerned people all over the world, will keep them focused.

Sign the petition to let them know the world is watching – and we want to see every effort made to put a stop to this cruelty.

Soi Dog has been fighting against this barbaric trade for years. I was shocked when told about one particular incident.

Animal rights activists and police had received a tip that almost 2000 dogs were on their way to Hanoi in an overcrowded truck. As police chased them, the smugglers started throwing cages off the moving vehicle - with the terrified dogs still inside.

The dogs in the middle cages had already suffocated during the long journey. Many had shattered bones and painful open wounds.

It might be shocking for you to hear , but these dogs were lucky.

Those that survive the one way journey - and there are thousands of them - routinely have their flesh and fur ripped off while they are still alive. Then they are dumped into boiling water before finally being slaughtered.

The agony these dogs go through is almost unimaginable. And it's probably going on right now - even as I sit down to write this email.

We need to show Thailand's new leaders the international community will not stand idly by while these dogs suffer.

Please sign the petition now and ask Thailand's leaders to crack down on dog meat traders. Then share it on Facebook, Twitter and by email.

Thank you again.

John Dalley
Co-Founder,
Soi Dog Foundation

Please sign the petition .
let people know about it, share it
I couldn´t share the video but you can see it together with the petition in the link.

https://savedogs.soidog.org/petitio...E&utm_source=email&utm_content=videothumbnail

I didn't think I could take watching the video but I signed the petition and forwarded it to mutual dog lovers. Put on Facebook too.

Dog meat wars: 5 stories that shocked Vietnam

Over the last year, Vietnam has been rocked by reports of unprecedented levels of violence and criminality associated with the dog meat trade.
Here are just a handful that saw the criminal dog meat trade hit the headlines and provoked further opposition to a cruel and unnecessary practice.

1/ Three teenagers dead after knife and stun gun motorbike chase
In June 2014, three teenagers were tragically killed by fleeing dog thieves during a horrific knife versus stun gun motorbike chase.
Three teenage vigilantes pursued a group of dog thieves by motorbike - slashing at them with knives. The thieves retaliated by shooting back with their homemade stun-gun, hitting one of the passengers and causing them to crash into an electricity pylon. All three of the teenagers died from their injuries.

2/ Dog thief arrested after stealing 200 dogs
In October this year, Ho Chi Minh City police arrest a 23-year-old man for stealing 200 dogs over a seven-month period with the help of a home-made stun gun.

3/ Dog thief mob murder creates unprecedented legal case
In August 2012, a club-wielding mob in Quang Tri province beat two suspected dog thieves to death after a spate of thefts in the local area.
This year, 10 people aged from 19 to 60 were charged with the killing. Their sentences prompted outrage and protest in the town as nearly 100 villagers refused to leave the courthouse. Following sentencing, 68 other people confessed to the same crime, creating an unprecedented legal wrangle for the authorities which remains on-going.

4/ Police chief brutally attacked by dog thieves
In June 2014, a commune police chief was seriously injured in the north-central province of Thanh Hoa after being attacked by two dog thieves. The man was hospitalised after being beaten about the head, face and arms with metal bars.

5/ Mob beats dog thief unconscious in southern Vietnam
Hundreds of people in Dong Nai province beat a suspected dog thief unconscious in July 2014 after he was seen poisoning local dogs. The man was taken to hospital after police saved him from the mob's vengeance.

https://www.animalsasia.org/intl/me...meat-wars-5-stories-that-shocked-vietnam.html

Don’t legitimise dog meat trade – stop it!
07 November 2014

By Animals Asia founder and CEO, Jill Robinson MBE
The dog meat trade survives through cruelty and criminality – in fact, that is the only way it can survive.
Today's dog meat industries in Vietnam and China are completely unregulated and raising serious health issues along with shocking cases of violent criminality.
But calling for the industry to be regulated misses the point. It can only ever be criminal. That's why we remain steadfast in the view that the only viable solution is to make the industry illegal.

The consumption of dog meat has also become an immensely emotive subject in both Vietnam and China. Greater awareness of both the sentience of dogs and the inherent cruelty of the industry has galvanised support against the practice.
They need only follow the example of the Philippines, Taiwan and Hong Kong all of which outlawed the slaughter and sale of dogs for food under animal welfare laws.
ACPA co-ordinator Le Duc Chinh said:
"We believe that reducing demand is vital. The dog meat trade is currently very much under the spotlight and its long-used illegal methods are no longer going unreported. This doesn't bode well for the industry and we know that dog meat restaurants are closing down in certain areas, particularly where affluence and therefore education are highest. Even those who might once have argued that eating dog is acceptable are now being won over as they realise so many of the dogs are illegally sourced with violence.
"Eating dog is completely legal in Vietnam, but the violence and criminality show that it is neither a viable industry nor one that can be made safe and humane through regulation. Dogs can't be farmed while maintaining animal welfare standards and adhering to food hygiene regulations. The only long-term solution is to end the trade once and for all. Dogs are traditionally eaten for good luck – not out of hunger. No one will go hungry as a result of dog meat restaurants closing."
ACPA was formed by Animals Asia, Change for Animals Foundation, Humane Society International and Soi Dog Foundation with the express remit to end the inhumane dog meat trade in South East Asia.
https://www.animalsasia.org/intl/me...in-vietnam-as-dog-meat-trade-fuels-crime.html

SWedens team in multisport competed in Equador.
They had a little break when they changed from one sport to another and had some meatballs.
Then they noticed a hungry and abused dog and gave him a meatball.
Then the dog followed them-first they were not sure if he followed them or another team-there were lots of mud but the dog made his own little esier path.
When it was time for canoeing the dog was stopped,the competition management thought the dog was to big to be in the boats.
Then the dog jumped in the water and swam after them.
The team couldn´t resist him and they knew they were not top 3 in the competition, they took him up in one of the boats.
I understand sometimes he was in the boat , other times he run on the ground
When they crossed the finish line there were 5 members in the team.

They couldn´t just leave a teammember there so they arranged with what was needed to have a permission to take him to Sweden.Immunizations I think and also money for quarantine.
I hope you can see the pictures
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=109&artikel=6023730
Just now I think he is the most famous dog in Sweden , teams from media met the 5 members in the multisport team..but they were only interested in one member..Arthur.

They asked what about if Arthur thinks it´s too cold in Sweden...then we make some paw protection for him the man who was going to keep Arthur said.

The temperature was below freezing, and 23 dogs were locked up in metal cages, barely protected from the cold on a dog meat farm in South Korea.

My colleagues, Adam and Lola, were there to rescue the dogs from their misery and shut down the farm for good. As experienced animal rescuers, they knew the bad conditions they’d witness when they entered the property.

What they didn’t imagine was finding a dog now known as Snowball—a beautiful puppy who, despite his enormous suffering, was still full of affection and welcoming paws. He would make it out alive!

Adam and Lola rescued Snowball and the remaining 22 dogs from the farm. Now, they're all safe in the care of our partner shelters in the United States, being prepared for adoption into loving new homes.

The rescue story behind Snowball and his 22 canine companions is unique. HSI worked with the South Korean farmer to remove the dogs safely and close the doors of his facility for good.

During 2015 and beyond, we’ll work with other dog meat farmers in South Korea to help transition them to other livelihoods, with the aim of eliminating the cruel trade.

We also have active programs throughout Asia against this trade—in China, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, and elsewhere. To strengthen our efforts, HSI has joined forces with the Asia Canine Protection Alliance to suppress the dog meat trade.

Andrew Rowan
President and CEO
Humane Society International

I think it´s great that dog meat farmers want to close their farms, if they only can find another way to survive.

Thanks for all your love, guys. Didn't know you loved me so much. Love you guys more xoxo :tease:

I love pup pups??? One day I'm going to own a French bulldog and his name will be PJ??

Back