Don't You Wish Morphine was on HIStory?

Could have been released full lenght as a single then. - It's too long on the album IMO. - kills the flow...

If you cut the intro though, the song would lose an aspect of it's meaning.. you start to care for this young girl.. even before Michael begins his serenading melodies.. her sigh, begging for affection... pulls on the string's of your heart...

But "2 Bad" can still go. :)

in7fkj.gif

Ghosts wouldn't be the same without 2Bad. I can understand Come Together being out of place but I'd replace it with HIStory or Dangerous out takes such as Much Too Soon, In The Back. Morphine fits to the category of personal songs but BOTDF wouldn't be the same without any of those 5 tracks.

Yeah, it's the closest thing to a proper rock song that MJ ever did.

Definitely would have replaced "Come Together" with it.

MJ wanted to release Morphine as the 2nd single off BOTDF. Sony was against it. Idk if he had specific plans for a sf/video.
I’m imagining a video in black & white, evil nurses, gothic building, thunderstorm, needles, the slow part of the song turns into full color and pretty pictures before they all crumble and decay and it goes black again. Then Michael breaks free of his chains and does a twisted angry dance routine

I’m imagining a video in black & white, evil nurses, gothic building, thunderstorm, needles, the slow part of the song turns into full color and pretty pictures before they all crumble and decay and it goes black again. Then Michael breaks free of his chains and does a twisted angry dance routine
That sounds quite awesome

MJ wanted to release Morphine as the 2nd single off BOTDF. Sony was against it. Idk if he had specific plans for a sf/video.
I didn't know this! 😲

I freakin' LOVE Michael Jackson.

Nah, those are more pop than rock.
I agree with you on Beat It. Brilliant song, just not a rock song, imo. GITM? I wouldn't call it a power ballad (useless label, imo) but it's definitely rock. At least, it is in my world, lol.

To be honest, "Morphine" sounds pretty pop, too, especially on the bridge.

But overall, I would say it's more rock than "Beat It" and "Give In to Me" were. It has elements of industrial rock and is musically inspired by Nine Inch Nails.

Back