Don't You Wish Morphine was on HIStory?

Ain't bullshit, Michael said himself that he wanted to leave the remixes out of it.

OK, but then he would have to release another album with just remixes. He signed for 1 remix album to be released within his contract with Sony.

^Yeah, it's not. Michael said Sony convinced him children loved remixes but they didn't, Sony lied to him and it was part of his contract unfortunately.

Sony did not lie anything. The album with just 5 new songs and 8 remixes sold pretty well. Actually it is still best selling remix album of all time!

From our man himself, he didn't like them but he had to include them. I'm pretty sure BOTDF sold that amount because of the 5 previously unreleased tracks.

B&W: What do you think of the remixes they did of your songs?
MJ: The least I can say is that I don't like them...I don't like it that they come in and change my songs completely. But Sony says that the kids love remixes...

B&W: That is not true! The kids don't love the remixes that much, especially those on BOTDF!
MJ: I knew it! I was sure!
Throwing a fist in the air, then he shakes his head sighing

http://maljas.republika.pl/wywiady/bw.html

As a child I listened to the radio a lot and in 1997 Blood On The Dance Floor and Ghost received a lot of rotation while remixes were rarely played. And when I listened to them I remember going back to the original songs instead.

From our man himself, he didn't like them but he had to include them. I'm pretty sure BOTDF sold that amount because of the 5 previously unreleased tracks.

B&W: What do you think of the remixes they did of your songs?
MJ: The least I can say is that I don't like them...I don't like it that they come in and change my songs completely. But Sony says that the kids love remixes...

B&W: That is not true! The kids don't love the remixes that much, especially those on BOTDF!
MJ: I knew it! I was sure!
Throwing a fist in the air, then he shakes his head sighing

http://maljas.republika.pl/wywiady/bw.html

As a child I listened to the radio a lot and in 1997 Blood On The Dance Floor and Ghost received a lot of rotation while remixes were rarely played. And when I listened to them I remember going back to the original songs instead.

Have you even read what I wrote?

"Michael agreed to deliver a remix album when he signed the deal with Sony."

"OK, but then he would have to release another album with just remixes. He signed for 1 remix album to be released within his contract with Sony."

If he didn't like remixes and someone changing his songs completely, he could have just said no.

Of course. Radio plays singles, not album tracks. Blood On The Dance Floor was the 1st single from that album. HIStory/Ghosts was the second. And even though the official music video for HIStory had remix in it instead of album version, radio edit of the album track was sent to the radio stations and that version was played on the radio. Third single was supposed to be Is It Scary but it was cancelled.

@respect77 I am probably in the minority here who does not fancy Morphine all that's much but, save for that bridge,you do have a point. Thematically morphine fits like a glove in HIStory and I wouldn't mind having it switched with Come Together. With that being said I really disagree with morphine being better than This Time Around. Although I'm not crazy about DS that song and story belongs in the album!

I really wish MJ had finished In The Back in time for HIStory. Wow,MJ really wrote some of his most sincerest and naked songs during this period.

I would probably throw off "Little Susie" or "2 Bad" and put on "Morphine." Definitely keep "Come Together."

Nooooooo not 2Bad !!!
desk_flip.jpg

I would probably throw off "Little Susie" or "2 Bad" and put on "Morphine." Definitely keep "Come Together."

You could do that, but you'd be missing out on two of the best pieces of music ever.

You could do that, but you'd be missing out on two of the best pieces of music ever.

Little Susie, there really should be a motion picture based on that story with the song as the leading score...

Little Susie, there really should be a motion picture based on that story with the song as the leading score...

Def.

Of all the MJ songs that some fans dislike I fail to understand this one.

Yes, it's in no way commercial, and yes, it's not heart-warming or fun or exhuberant, but the melody & vocal are beautiful. It's got more emotion in it that almost every pop song released in the last 20 years.

Like Earth Song or Will You Be There - it is a perfect mix of poetry, story & music, with a tale to tell and a moral to behold.

Def.

Of all the MJ songs that some fans dislike I fail to understand this one.

Yes, it's in no way commercial, and yes, it's not heart-warming or fun or exhuberant, but the melody & vocal are beautiful. It's got more emotion in it that almost every pop song released in the last 20 years.

Like Earth Song or Will You Be There - it is a perfect mix of poetry, story & music, with a tale to tell and a moral to behold.

Would the estate be interested in overlooking a horror film based on this? i think it would be a great idea, i'd certainly go and watch it at the movies!

Would the estate be interested in overlooking a horror film based on this? i think it would be a great idea, i'd certainly go and watch it at the movies!

Actually, my creative juices are flowing!

A full horror film based on MJ's music. Or a stage musical:

Soundtrack:
Is It Scary
Ghosts
Smooth Criminal
Little Susie
Blood On The Dancefloor
Threatened
Thriller
Heartbreak Hotel

^^ a musical could work, but i think it should strictly be based on the 'Little Susie' song.. what a wonderful and loving project this could be.. Michael's art, being put into production.. this really needs to happen! should i mail the estate this idea?

^^ a musical could work, but i think it should strictly be based on the 'Little Susie' song.. what a wonderful and loving project this could be.. Michael's art, being put into production.. this really needs to happen! should i mail the estate this idea?

Yes please, I put myself down for 10% commission of all box office receipts, plus 5% of all merchandising.

Yes please, I put myself down for 10% commission of all box office receipts, plus 5% of all merchandising.

I came up with the idea ;) haha, i'm not gonna take credit for anything though.. i want all proceeds to go to PPB & Katherine

This is the message i sent her, i'm feeling so excited right now!

''I am contacting you today in regards to Michael Jackson’s masterpiece ‘Little Susie’ originally conceived in 1978, Michael tells the story of a young girl who lived in sorrow.. with no parents surrounding her and a shocking/heartbreaking death. I think it would be a credit to Michael’s artistry if you were to turn this into a motion picture, another example of his endless genius. I have ideas and plans on a rough script.. if you could commission this then I would be excited to see how this could possibly play out. I am hoping you take this into serious consideration! God bless you forever and I hope you come back with some good news.''

Unfortunately I think more people dislike than like the song.

I don't understand this, it's one of Michael's most artistically flawless creations.. how can someone dislike something so powerful and with such meaning and emotion?

I don't understand this, it's one of Michael's most artistically flawless creations.. how can someone dislike something so powerful and with such meaning and emotion?

That's what I put a couple of posts above...

If they think it's commercially viable, then i will do research on the song.. find all the stories that connect to it.. they can all be put into creating a solid storyline! i wouldn't mind being in the cast as sort of like an extra or something

I came up with the idea ;) haha, i'm not gonna take credit for anything though.. i want all proceeds to go to PPB & Katherine
Zakk, I will take your 10% since it was my comment about throwing out "Little Susie" got you guys' creativeness going. :)

And yes, I AM KIDDING.

Zakk, I will take your 10% since it was my comment about throwing out "Little Susie" got you guys' creativeness going. :)

And yes, I AM KIDDING.

I'm actually shocked that a movie wasn't created when the HIStory album was originally released, could it be that Michael planned to create a motion picture back in 1995 and instead decided to go ahead with Ghosts? it is a future project that i genuinely believe will open peoples eyes to the affection that ever lasted in Michael's heart, and how much he cared for each suffering being on this planet :')

I'm actually shocked that a movie wasn't created when the HIStory album was originally released, could it be that Michael planned to create a motion picture back in 1995 and instead decided to go ahead with Ghosts? it is a future project that i genuinely believe will open peoples eyes to the affection that ever lasted in Michael's heart, and how much he cared for each suffering being on this planet :')
Maybe so-I don't really see it as a horror movie though, but definitely a horrible tale about child abuse. Like a really dark Grimm fairy tale (that's what the melody and the story reminds me of)

I'm re-thinking my original comment about throwing it off-since HIStory is autobiographical, this song would represent the disadvantaged, ill, abused children that he advocated for.

But "2 Bad" can still go. :)

One of the biggest mistakes MJ ever made signing that record deal with Sony was including the release of a remix album. It should be a crime to remix a Michael Jackson track. I can only list maybe 1 handful of remixes that are actually good.....only 1 coming from BOTDF (Scream Louder IMO was the best one)

I was not a fan of the BOTDF remixes or any of the remixes for any of the HIStory singles that appeared on the single releases, or any of the remixes on T25 and Bad25.

Morphine could have replaced Come Together.

Come Together was alreayd released - was it on RTT single? - It was first heard in Moonwalker all the way back in the BAD era - so why on earth waste time on a CD - a new album - for that song?

Morphine could have been big - HIStory got all the promotion - BOTDF did not really get any. - only 5 new songs and a bunch of remixes - not much to promote anyway.

I actually think Come Together could have been left out. - the 1 minute intro to HIStory and the 2 minutes intro to Little Susie could/should have been left out. - Then Is It Scary could also have been on the album.

Maybe 16 songs would be too many. - But imagine HIStory without Come Together - not all the long intros and the Morphine and Is It Scary (or BOTDF) on HIStory. - That's actionpacked !! Best album ever right there! (nearly)

ALSO - had Is It Scary and Morphine been released on HIStory - maybe we would have gotten shortfilms for them... (Is It Scary was included in Ghosts - but it could also have gotten a stand alone shortfilm)

Shortfilm to Morphine could be tough - rough, heavy, gloomy - GREAT !!

I disagree with your reasoning that you think 2 minutes of 'Little Susie' should have been cut out, it's a part of the song.. an integral part to put it lightly.. very intense.

I disagree with your reasoning that you think 2 minutes of 'Little Susie' should have been cut out, it's a part of the song.. an integral part to put it lightly.. very intense.

Could have been released full lenght as a single then. - It's too long on the album IMO. - kills the flow...

Back