Dr. Dre rejected working with MJ

I laugh at how Snoop LOVES Michael and snoop was dre's prodigy !

Watched the relevant bit of the TMZ video. It's actually really sweet. He looks really sheepish, having let the opportunity go.

He said:
"I'm just like, 'what the fk am I gonna do with them?' "

"What the fk am I gonna do in the studio with them? Those are my fkn heroes, man."

EDIT - full version of the interview has been taken down. Here's a snippet:

Last edited:
I would die to listen DRE X Michael collaboration... Michael was a big fan of his music in his later years and he wanted his producers to use Dre's songs as an example for their productions.

I would have rather Michael worked with Dre instead of Rodney Jerkins

Dre made a mistake not working with Michael. If Michael Jackson calls you, you pick up the phone and do it.

MJ didn't need Dre, anyway. He should have produced more of his own music instead of just running to whatever producer was relevant.

I would have rather Michael worked with Dre instead of Rodney Jerkins

Dre made a mistake not working with Michael. If Michael Jackson calls you, you pick up the phone and do it.
He's near a billionaire because of Beats headphones. Doing a track with Mike or Madonna wouldn't have made much of a difference in the long run.

You can tell that Dre regrets not doing it a lot, but I can also see why he didn't. Expectations would be high and I guess he felt like there was a possibility of it going wrong. I also find it interesting that he felt like big stars would already have an idea in mind and he would not be able to do what he wanted. MJ has a history of being quite collaborative and letting producers do what they want with his material so it's a shame that they did not end up working together.

I wonder how he would feel knowing that some of MJ's last material took heavy inspiration from his production.

Oh ..god this thread is depressing :( well, i still stand with the wonderful Teddy Riley but Dre X M ? ohhh, my little teenage me is crying for good , good reason. It would have been epic.

MJ didn't need Dre, anyway. He should have produced more of his own music instead of just running to whatever producer was relevant.
I'm not sure if he ran to any producer that was relevant, it seems like most of his collaborations just happened out of coincidence or actually by doing them a favor?

Back