Drake featuring Michael Jackson (TONIGHT)

'Don't Matter To Me' music video sent out to UK music channels has aired already. It's a montage of 'Gods Plan' 'Hotline Bling' and a couple other Drake videos. Michael isn't in the video.

The only official Drake music video is for 'In My Feelings' and is being directed by Karena Evans.

'Don't Matter To Me' music video sent out to UK music channels has aired already. It's a montage of 'Gods Plan' 'Hotline Bling' and a couple other Drake videos. Michael isn't in the video.

The only official Drake music video is for 'In My Feelings' and is being directed by Karena Evans.

Thanks for the update.

Could you not have told us that yesterday? haha

Thanks for the update.

Could you not have told us that yesterday? haha

Sorry was trying to find all the sources. Needed to go back and find all the info out as I'd read somewhere but wanted to confirm.

i dislike this song....no need to put mjs voice through auto tune....he could sing like a bird

Some are saying that the huge drop off Drake's albums and singles chart is either because of a glitch or it's been removed. It fell from 20 to 100 in a week (DMTM) and IMF dropped about 50 places from number one.

I heard it for the first time in the radio the other day. I'd have to say it was cool th hesr the DJ introduce a song stating Michael jacksons name on a current hit music station... whatever the thought people have on the song quality.. it was cool

Official Singles Chart Top 100

Official R&B Singles Chart Top 40

So are they just hoping we forget this happened or are they going to say anything about it?

Since no word has come yet - I doubt very much they will give a statement - or a comment.

Really weird they would announce a statement and then just act like it never happened.

Not directly related to Don't Matter to Me but here is Drake covering Rock With You recently.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Drake covers Rock With You by Michael Jackson. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AATTM?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AATTM</a> <a href="https://t.co/oar2Iqp9gJ">pic.twitter.com/oar2Iqp9gJ</a></p>&mdash; Word On Road (@WordOnRd) <a href="https://twitter.com/WordOnRd/status/1028858418474491906?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">13 August 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What type of statement are we expecting from the estate? What do we want them to tell us that we dont know?

What type of statement are we expecting from the estate? What do we want them to tell us that we dont know?

A simple acknowledgement of the fact that Michael is featured on a new Drake song. That should suffice. They are representing Michael Jackson after all. Do they take us fans as idiots?

I also don`t know. I think it comes up because Alica stated on twitter the Estate will release a statement with Drake. That was obviously a misinformation.

At this point there's no need for a statement, but it would have been good to announce the single at the time of release. I guess they were due to say something but for some reason chose not to.

I for one, would love to know their thought process behind the decision.

They were ready to release the song as a single and shoot a video, but "In My Feelings" suddenly blew up after the dance challenge went viral and they decided to postpone the MJ song.

So maybe when/if the song finally gets a single/video release, this is when they will give a statement? Just a thought. It would make more sense too IMO.

Damn, are people really expecting a statement and a release of Don’t Matter To Me?

That song is done. It’s already gone from the charts in the US. The Estate and the management of Drake missed an opportunity AGAIN. Such a shame.

A simple acknowledgement of the fact that Michael is featured on a new Drake song. That should suffice. They are representing Michael Jackson after all. Do they take us fans as idiots?

I guess I dont understand why them not saying anything means they are taking anyone for idoits..

An announcement to us for something we know is a bit pointless isnt it? They could have announced it maybe right after. "We are excited to share new mj material..." etc. But at this point pointless.. and it really doesnt do any harm either way

Doggone;4228460 said:
That song is done. It’s already gone from the charts in the US. The Estate and the management of Drake missed an opportunity AGAIN. Such a shame.
In what way? Drake songs will be a hit with or without Michael Jackson, in the US at least if nowhere else.

Don't Matter To Me had many benefits for MJ, here are a few

-Gave MJ his 30th Top 10 Hit in the US
-Went Top 10 in countless other markets including the UK, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, Portgual, Norway, New Zealand, Hungary, Ireland, Denmark, etc.
-Increased MJ's Spotify streams significantly by reminding the younger generation about MJ's fantastic catalogue.

Back