Elvis Presley is the king of music?

moni

Proud Member
Why do most people call Elvis Presley the king of music when he didn't write a single song?

Why do most people call Elvis Presley the king of music when he didn't write a single song?
He was one of the first to actually perform on stage like no one had seen before. Not saying he made that all from himself, he did for sure cover a lot of songs, etc. But like Michael said, study the greats and become greater.

He was one of the first to actually perform on stage like no one had seen before. Not saying he made that all from himself, he did for sure cover a lot of songs, etc. But like Michael said, study the greats and become greater.

true.. even though he got his ideas from black-artists and even one of the persons (he was black) who wrote a lot of his songs died poorly and didn't get paid. Not mentioning the other creepy stuff about elvis.

He is the king of music because he sold truckloads of records resulting into truckloads of nr 1 hits and he needed bodyguards to fend off waves of screaming girls. You might not realize it but when he shook his hips, girls collapsed. It was exactly the same as what Michael endured/achieved.
Other than that he also appeared larger than life like Michael with Graceland. Elvis' white stage costume is as legendary as Michael's glitter jacket, fedora end glove.
Most importantly though he had a golden voice, again like Michael.

So yeah he was a king of music imo

true.. even though he got his ideas from black-artists and even one of the persons (he was black) who wrote a lot of his songs died poorly and didn't get paid. Not mentioning the other creepy stuff about elvis.
I still think that he was truly a great performer. I also feel it could be said the same about Michael to people who don't really know much about him. I'm not saying that he didn't do some creepy or weird stuff but I try to separate the good moments and prime musical eras that he had from the bad.

He was known as The King and he was the biggest star in the world at the time , there's a lot of similarities between the both of them.

Both are amongst the biggest and most legendary artists ever.

An incredible live singer , that's what I have always admired about him , such a powerful live voice.

Such a tragedy it all ended in 1977 when he was on 42. Still very famous to this day.

Interestingly, when you Google "king of music" Michael Jackson pops up 🤷‍♀️
HAHAHAHAHA. That's true! 😂 😂 😂
iJQXvs7CS_E.jpg

Why do most people call Elvis Presley the king of music
He was called the King of Rock n Roll or just The King. He was good-looking, fabulously successful, extremely talented as a singer and performer, became an international superstar, scared the bejesus out of the older generation of the time, sold more records than Frank Sinatra, he made some cheesy films but at least 2 really good ones (King Creole, Jailhouse Rock) ...

I could go on!

when he didn't write a single song?
Bc being a singer-songwriter is only one way to be a performing artist.

Guys, it's much easier than you think. It's pretty obvious - Elvis was King of Rock'n'Roll, Michael was King of Pop, Freddy was Queen of Rock🙏✌️

Back