Estate, Cascio and Porte Sued Over Three Songs on the "Michael" Album - Vera Senova Class Action

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

It's from 2007. And that is our point from day 1. Michael's voice didn't change much since Thriller and he never ever sounded anything like that Cascio vocalist.

Our? Are you speaking for everyone?

My ears told me from day one that the Cascio songs are NOT Michael as well.

Just as i can distinguish easily between Michaels voices in the different decades.
Especially after Thriller he changed. New singing styles and techniques etc. Him growing up... and you can even hear the nose jobs have an effect on his voice if you listen close. There is a huge difference to Michael late 70s / early 80s to Dangerous ~ 2001.

WBSS 2008 is definitly 1980s-Michael, sorry.

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

Who was talking lately about MJ's health. What we know now he was very healthy then especially when being fed really well. The only thing could be different is that he would get drunk faster then Cascios since they had at least one bottle of vine for dinner since they were children ( as most Italians have). However by this time he probably used to be an "Italian" with them already and could have even more vine for himself than the others. We know he liked vine very much and for sure Cascios didn't mind him having it.

Hahaha, this one is the best excuse EVER!! So he was drunk while recording those songs? And that's why he sounds like an amateur Italian-American 20-something year old wannabe singer. So when Michael gets drunk he sounds like Jason Malachi. This was so funny, it made me laugh so hard

Our? Are you speaking for everyone?

My ears told me from day one that the Cascio songs are NOT Michael as well.

Just as i can distinguish easily between Michaels voices in the different decades.
Especially after Thriller he changed. New singing styles and techniques etc. Him growing up... and you can even hear the nose jobs have an effect on his voice if you listen close. There is a huge difference to Michael late 70s / early 80s to Dangerous ~ 2001.

Of course. When I said "not much", I meant not that much - so that he sounds like a drunk goat. His biggest change in voice/vocal style was around 1985.

Hahaha, this one is the best exuse EVER!! So he was drunk while recording those songs? And that's why he sounds like an amatuer Italian-American 20-something year old wannabe singer. So when Michael gets drunk he sounds like Jason Malachi. This was so funny, it made me laugh so hard

Excellent. Good laugh is always good for your health...

Impossible...

Maybe he recorded something there, but that can't have made it into the final version.
Just listen to "cryyyin" at the end of his verse ..the tone of his voice is soo Thriller-days-young-MJ. He never sounded like this again after Thriller.
Yes, I know what you mean. His vocals sound more boyish than in many years. But he did that on multiple songs in his final years. When Hold My Hand leaked I also thought his voice sounded younger than it had in years. Best of Joy is another example of that, and it is evident in This Is It as well. And it also does sound different to the Thriller era, imo. Seems to me like he was transitioning from the grittier, deeper vocals on Invincible to a more boyish, lush vocal style, at least on some of his songs. I definitely think the vocals are from 2007.

Yes, I know what you mean. His vocals sound more boyish than in many years. But he did that on multiple songs in his final years. When Hold My Hand leaked I also thought his voice sounded younger than it had in years. Best of Joy is another example of that, and it is evident in This Is It as well. And it also does sound different to the Thriller era, imo. Seems to me like he was transitioning from the grittier, deeper vocals on Invincible to a more boyish, lush vocal style, at least on some of his songs. I definitely think the vocals are from 2007.

One of the things I remember hearing is that for the new album Michael was working was going to be like Off The Wall with a modern twist to it. So it would make sense that Michael would go back to his more boyish vocals and move away from the grittier vocals

OK so the lawsuit has been filed but whats next? When can we expect anything to happen?

I was excite when i first heard Michael i play the cd at work and we had 30 copy of the cd and i sold every one of them i want ppls to hear Michael's music again. Before Michael came out the word was some of the songs on the cd was not Michael i didn't want to say that i want to hear for myself if this was Michael voice on these songs. I listen to it over and over again and at this point i knew this was not Michael singing and i felt bad that i brought this cd. i was hoping this was a cd of all Michael music i too feel that the Estate rush to get this cd out because the fans was wating to hear new MJ music. I don't understand why Cascio has not showing any prove that this is Michael singing on this tracks that would have put a end to this whole mess all we want is the truth.

This fan is brave i got to give it to her i don't think i could has done this. It doesn't matter when she brought the cd after she listen to it she knew it was not Michael voice on these tracks and she went out to get an expert to say this is not Michael on these tracks now Cascio and the Estate has to prove this is Michael on these tracks. Wharever happen if this fan win the case the first thing that need to happen is Michael name need to be remove from these songs he didn't sing them.

I feel that any music that come out on Michael should be his music i hate when ppls try to finish an artist song give me the demo i would be please with that then the complete version of the song. Like Xscape Michael new cd all Michael and that what should have been done on Michael too. I can't rememeber the last time i heard Michael don't get me wrong i love the others songs on Michael but these three songs have put a damp on the cd.

If Cascio and the Estate can't prove that this is Michael singing on these tracks then their need to do the things tell the truth real or fake.

Last edited:

I have nothing against Sony or the MJ Estate in general but I am happy this lawsuit is happening because what happened with this album is shamful and as a fan I'm embarrassed to talk about this matter with other people (non mj fans). I don't own a physical copy of them album. I purchased the authentic MJ 7 tracks on Itunes. I wish they'd done it before and not now when Xscape is out, but I don't think the media is too interested in such cases anyway, unless they win the case and they get a big headline of some kind of fraud.

Who knows, maybe that way they'll have to make a re-issue of the album and I'll be the first to buy that album as a whole (or atleast one of the first people lol) or maybe I'm going too far with my idea:black_eye:

Yeah, you are right. When people question the authenticity of songs you provided I can see no reason for you provide evidence and defend your integrity. You try to make up all kind of complicated scenarios for why Eddie never provided evidence but none of that makes much sense. But now hopefully this case will give him a chance to provide all the evidence he keeps locked up in a safe according to your speculations.

Yes it is the speculations on my part as well as it is the speculation on your part. I told you that because I personally would act exactly the same way as Eddie did. I would just shut up and never talk about the issue until I would be forced to do it or I would have a pleasure to do it. There is one thing I loved about Michael. He didn't care about his reputation when he didn't want to talk about some issues. I liked it that he mostly talked when he wanted to (even when sometimes it was not the best idea) and not just to please the public. If I would be Eddie I would feel very hurt after being called a criminal by some fans since very beginning and I absolutely would have no desire to have anything to do with this issue until what I said above. He doesn't need to please Michael's fans. He has his life, his family and his memories. Right now we don't know if your speculations (about Cascio being criminal)is true or my speculation about him not being a criminal is true. We can only hope that we will find the truth soon.

Last edited:

For those questioning, WBSS 2008 Vocals were newly recorded for the mix, I am pretty sure it was mentioned in the album notes they were new vocals? Or in a press release or something?

OK so the lawsuit has been filed but whats next? When can we expect anything to happen?

it's not going to be fast or soon.

The lawsuit has been filed, now they need to serve the parties. When served the parties would have some time to respond to it. The first step would probably be a demurrer - asking the dismissal of the case claiming there's no legal basis and/or arguing against class action. even that process can take months to years (for example MAW demurrer process was over a year before the case got dismissed, Demann's demurrer process took 1.5 years and multiple amended complaints before it moved on to trial track). If the case survives the initial dismissal/ demurrer, it would be the discovery phase which would easily take a year or more and then another summary judgment / motion to dismiss arguing that there's no way for plaintiff to prove their claims. finally if it survives that as well trial.

So in short the first step would be demurrer to dismiss the case which could go on for a year or two. If the case survives that then discover phase for a year or more. and if it survives a second dismissal motion finally trial.

Keep in mind that even if the case survives the demurrer and discovery happens, the discovery phase could be subject to a protective order - meaning not public. sharing or leaking such discovery under protective order could be problematic and even illegal. So as far as fans goes we might need to wait for a trial to happen to see any evidence/discovery.

Last edited:

FALSE! He didn't allow his song to be on MICHAEL along with fake songs.

Source?

Yeah, "authorship" of "performance" not performer of the performance. He can be author of James Porte song. Or like you said, he may have performed/played an instrument like fingersnaps. But it does not say that Michael Jackson is the performer of that performance.

Didn't you read my explanation? "Authorship of performance" is copyrights talk for "performer on". So this registration claims that MJ is a performer on the sound recording, with Porte and Cascio.

Please read the following carefully :

It doesn't prove that MJ actually performs on the sound recording.
It doesn't prove that MJ, if he does perform, sings on the sound recording.
It doesn't prove that MJ sings on the Cascio tracks, on any part thereof.

But it does PROVE that 2 days after MJ's death, Eddie was already claiming, to the Copyrights Office, that MJ was a performer on the Cascio tracks.

So either MJ really did perform in some way on the original Cascio tracks (and one would think that performance would be singing, as he is, you know, a singer). Or Eddie had already decided, two days after MJ's death, to proceed with the hoax. And since he could not have conceived of the hoax BEFORE MJ's death, for reasons I hope are obvious to you, then that would mean he came up with the idea for the hoax and decided to carry it out in 48 hours after MJ's death. Which is insane.

Here's proof. The singer on the Cascio songs sounds like Jason Malachi. Listen to a Jason Malachi song and then listen to a Cascio song. The singers sound the same

Try this in court, see how that works out for you.

It's from 2007. And that is our point from day 1. Michael's voice didn't change much since Thriller and he never ever sounded anything like that Cascio vocalist.

Are we actually quite certain that these "new" vocals are from 2007? Because I do remember a lot of people back then -- way before the word Cascio tracks entered our lexicon -- saying that the "new" verse was from an alternate track/demo from the eighties.

For those questioning, WBSS 2008 Vocals were newly recorded for the mix, I am pretty sure it was mentioned in the album notes they were new vocals? Or in a press release or something?

Could we make sure of that? Anybody has the album? Or could find the press release? This is actually rather important.

Although, the fact the press release says that, if it does, would not be sufficient proof in itself, and you guys of all people should understand why! ;-)

Yes, I can see the resemblance in Michael's vocals for instance in Best of Joy (or All In Your Name) and this for instance. I never noticed it before. Really pretty similar, IMO.

[youtube]EyEr0vRAqsQ[/youtube]

Are these the boyish vocals you mean?

And if not, ah well...I gave a bit of attention to this awesome song..:D

I love your post. At least you use some logic here.

I would if I could.

The fact that the singer on the cascio songs sounds like Jason Malachi is evidence that shouldn't be ignored.

It says in the Thriller booklet that Michaels WBSS 2008 vocals were newly recorded and guess whos credited for that? Angelikson studios. This is a widely known fact that isn't even worth the discussion. They arent from alternate demos from the 80s. They're from 2007.

Yes, I can see the resemblance in Michael's vocals for instance in Best of Joy (or All In Your Name) and this for instance. I never noticed it before. Really pretty similar, IMO.

[youtube]EyEr0vRAqsQ[/youtube]

Are these the boyish vocals you mean?

And if not, ah well...I gave a bit of attention to this awesome song..:D
It's not exactly what I meant as I think you focus more on his falsetto (though I definitely see where you see the comparison between Best of Joy and Give It Up in that sense). I was referring more to the tone of his voice in general. There is a certain airiness to it on those later tracks I mentioned that reminds me of the Thriller era, or maybe even more of tracks like Free and Fly Away. It's different and in a way richer because his voice grew older, but it's that airiness that gives it a youthful quality at the same time. Whereas his voice sounded a lot grittier on Invincible, and not just on hard grinding, banging tracks. Ah, it's hard to explain...

Love Give It Up, great song!

It's news to me that Thriller 25 contained any new 2007~2008 recorded vocals by Michael.
Which version on that release are you referring to?
I remember some version contained alternative takes of Michael, but those were clearly from the 80s.

You're wrong because they arent. If you still have the booklet, which I'm looking at right now, it says specifically "vocals re-recorded by: Angelikson Studios" then it lists Michaels name. Which means they're new vocals. What alternate WBSS demo from the 80s does Michael sound like that? Because I have about two of them on my itunes playlist. One earlier one, the other idk. But he sounds pretty identical to how he does on the final mix on those demos.

The Will.I.Am PYT mix features vocals from alternate demos from the 80s. Not WBSS 2008, not only does it say so in the booklet, but HMH and WBSS 2008 vocals were worked on within close time periods of each other, according to various timelines of Michael's visits in NJ.

It says in the Thriller booklet that Michaels WBSS 2008 vocals were newly recorded and guess whos credited for that? Angelikson studios. This is a widely known fact that isn't even worth the discussion. They arent from alternate demos from the 80s. They're from 2007.

And they sound like 2007 to me. Definitely not '80.

My favourite part:

1:46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D0hTo47XZU

That grit in his voice reminds me of live performances of WBSS.

Also how he says "someone" at 1:50. Definitely 2007 Mike at his best.

Last edited:

And they sound like 2007 to me. Definitely not '80.

My favourite part:

1:46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D0hTo47XZU

That grit in his voice reminds me of live performances of WBSS.

Also how he says "someone" at 1:50. Definitely 2007 Mike at his best.
Yeah, the grit on "love" ("you looove to pretend") and "really" ("reaaallay can't make her") is definitely more pronounced than it ever was during the Thriller era.

You cant hear the grit in Michaels voice on 80s WBSS, on any take. Because there are none, his voice hadn't progressed to that point yet. You can hear the grit in the 2008 mix though especially when he says "You LOVE to pretend that you're good" and "You REALLYY can't make em hate her". And the way he says "Raz-ahh" at the end, its all consistent with post 80s vocals.

I love that song so much. Imagine if he had recorded the full song!!!

Cory Rooney.

Where did he say that? Let me guess : that's what he told Damien Shields, who then told you, right? Well, he has to come out and say that stuff on the record. Otherwise anybody could make up quotes.

Here's a question for Cory : how do you feel about your song being on an album that's now raking in money for two men who won't admit they used three fake songs and won't withdraw them from MJ's discography?

You're wrong because they arent. If you still have the booklet, which I'm looking at right now, it says specifically "vocals re-recorded by: Angelikson Studios" then it lists Michaels name.

Oh, so NOW the booklet's the final word, eh? :)

I don't know, the WBSS 2008 MJ verse sounds a bit "youngish" to my ears, maybe the vocals are a bit sped-up?

Funny how MJ pronounces razor as raz-ah. Wasn't a big deal made by some people out of how MJ would never pronounce "monster" as "monstah"?

Back